Start by marking “Blind Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blind Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #1)

(Beast Mates #1)

When life deals a wild card, play it no matter the cost.

Since the day Rey’s defiance earned her a blinding blow to the head, fear has hovered as close as the guide dog that clings to her side. But the terror that grips her now is almost beyond description.

Like her sister before her, Rey has been sold to satisfy the lusts of one of the alien Beasts that now rule the Ear
Published September 3rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Blind Beast Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Beast Mate

Start your review of Blind Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #1)
Deborah
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Great little read 3.5 to 4*

This is a dystopian read and the future is bleak, especially for Rey. Her Uncle killed her father and her sister and then took over the Beast Pairing Program where he's arranged an alien beast husband for her.
To make it worse Rey is almost completely blind, she defied her uncle who picked up a pitchfork and swung at her, she lost most of her eyesight due to head trauma.
So she's being married off to the Alpha Beast who has no idea she's blind, if he finds out and retur
Jacqueline J
The only thing I liked about this was the premise. Blind girl gets sold to an alien overlord as a bride. She hides her blindness out of fear of being returned to her mean uncle.

Too full of OTT sex when the whole story of when he would figure out she was blind should have been playing out. The aliens were not developed at all. Why is the alien's name Jamie???? Why were they all about human style BDSM? Etc.

Story took about 3 days, Insta love.

At least it was free on KU.
Sophia Triad
“Make him happy. If he returns you because he expected a trophy wife and not a blind bitch, I’ll put a bullet in your useless head. This community depends on their money and on pretty girls like you, so spread your legs the minute you hear his belt unsnap. Your momma must’ve taught you something.”

Dystopian world, Great Nuclear War survivors in a religious society, Beast aliens are looking for human brides through the Beast Pairing Program, Horrific earth community with perverted hunting games, T
Leyla
What a horrible read!
description
Haven't read any Milana Jacks books before, but I certainly was surprised and not a in a good way...
Of course, the blurb ensnared me and I was interested in the heroin in particular.
If I only knew what was in store for me I would have definitely done my best to avoid it.

description

The story starts fairly well with the introduction of our heroine. Her pov was really well done describing the tragic odyssey of her life. An evil uncle killed her father, married her mother, killed her sis
Cheesecake
Rey the prey and Jamie the scary alien beast... or so they say. I liked it but it was odd. Not safe (view spoiler)
In a dystopian future, Earth was ruined by us and then taken over by 'the beasts'. The world building is pretty sketchy but it is less than a hundred pages. The beasts and humans have segregated themselves. The human 'Communes' sell their girl
Dee's Reading Zone
Enjoyable dystopia paranormal story. Heroine, Rey and her hero, Alpha beast, Jamie were a memorable and smexy pair. She had to hide her blindness from her Alpha beast in order to live a better life away from her greedy Uncle Sam who caused her blindness and no-good mother in Community 7 but little did she know, she was Jamie's TRUE MATE.

I loved this series! Vice and Delwyn's story is next in "Wild Beast Mate."

3.5 to 4 stars!!!!!!!
Dec 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
So this author also wrote Alien Fae Mate which I surprisingly enjoyed a whole lot, even though I don’t usually like any sort of fae related story. So when the author reached out to me to see if I’d like to read and review Blind Beast Mate, I couldn’t help but jump all over it so I could see if this was a fluke, or if I just really enjoy this author’s work.

Turns out I really enjoy this author’s work. There’s definitely more dark elements to this story then there was for AFM but I think that made
Jackie King
Jan 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I would have given this a zero rating if I could. The ideas are interesting but the writing is... just bad. That is putting in nicely. I did not expect Shakespeare or even Loretta Chase level writing here, they are in a category of their own for all the best reasons, but this is just an idea thrown together with a lot of plot points and random events. I just felt that the author wanted to get from A to D as quickly as possible without going through B and C. Some writers can do that in plot but t ...more
Willow Brooks
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I throughly enjoyed this story. Loved that freaking dog. Shockingly awesome Hero who was packing a 12 inch, hard, baby making shooter. Goodness. I ended up reading three of this authors PN books in a row. Completely out of the norm for me. I'm too tired to do a full review but I believe reading this book will not let you down.

Full packed with plot. I wished the story hadn't ended or that it was a series.
Thank you Nikki for turning me on to this author even though she made me gag some, reading
Debra Johnson
The writing has problems, but I like the world, characters and adult steamy parts.
Very quick read.
Wish they were better written, but....
Oh well.
And yes, I will probably read the next and the next.
These Are Short reads. Only around 100 pages, so buyer beware!
Am4u ❀ ~ AprilMarie4u ~ ❀
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of science fiction romance that also like a bit of comedy thrown into the mix.
Book type:

Science fiction romantic comedy & oddly dystopian.

My thoughts:

This was a fun book to read! I really liked the hilarious verbal banter between Jamie & Rey. Almost every chapter had me smiling or laughing. I'm going to reread this book when I'm in need of something to brighten my day.

Overall, this was a sweet romance that was also a little bit dark & kinky.

Currently available at:

Amazon ❥ Amazon KU ✓

Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review. Review is on ARC version.

T00zday
Kindle Unlimited.
Earth has had wars that have brought civilization to a crippled point. Then aliens invade and take over the whole place.
The aliens are called Beasts. They are large and wolf like.
Humans pretty much have to give them what they want since they rule over Earth.

The Beasts really read like Bikers. The heroine has gone through some horrific shit, and in the end, her Beast makes things right.
Sweet, but not romantic.
Recommended as filler only.
Kenya Wright
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very proud of Ms. Jacks!! Loved the world building and I wasn't expecting to be so entertained from a novel that promised so much heat on the cover. Granted, there was a lot of sexy. I wish there was more to the story, but am happy that this is a number one in the series.

Talk about an intriguing heroine. The title def made sense once I realized her secret. Overall Nasty Motherfucking Read! Which is how I like it on a rainy, Saturday evening! Cheers to you, Ms. Jacks!
Ähmsry
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi-adult
It was a great fun to read with an unexpected heaviness - but in all its fitting perfect.
I liked the critical look at both sides, the cultural imperfection in both worlds and in all beings with a a deep and a winking eye 😉 good easy funny entertainment ⭐️⭐️⭐️🌟🌟
Maria
This had nothing to do with the fairytale. The premise was interesting but it never went anywhere.

2 Stars.
Leigh
Blind Beast Mate was another short, fun read. This time its the Alpha Beast Jamie who finds his mate Rey. The moment he see's her he wants her because she's his, unfortunately the humans are very greedy and the Beast don't like them to know how important these females are to them. Rey's uncle was the worst, he is greedy and he deceives Jamie by not letting him know that Rey is what he considers damaged goods. First she isn't a virgin and second he hit her so hard that see lost her eye sight. Poo ...more
Isabelle MBTL

Milana Jacks

review by

cropped-Imbtl.jpg

Ingenious; sexy; fun!!!

You aren't my pair Rey. You're my mate. You are the center of my universe. That's what a mate is to a beast male. by Jamie

kickass_zpsd958b5f4

review 1

Wow! The cover is perfect! The title also adds to the reading journey of this book. The play with light and shadow, the color, or better yet, the lack of vivid colors and the female's face is perfect for Rey. I love the city's background and the l
CeCe
DNF.
The hero was wishy washy. I did not care for him.
Book Snob Sue
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars....pnr/sci-fi crack right here. Damn I love this series, just can't quit reading it....probably why I'm so damn tired *winks*.

This series is set in the future where Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war and "beast" people have come and taken over. Replanted trees and helped to provide things. Please note that the humans in these books are highly unpleasant....not the beast. Just felt I needed to put that out there and clarify.

Jamie is the beast alpha and he finds his mate in one of
TP
Jul 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Bloody hell,

This novella is something else.
But sometimes you have to read something so badly written, to get a new perspective.

I love me some Alien books. I also like to read Biker books from time to time. Here we have the super duper ridiculous crossbreed of Bikeraliens. With a brain the size of a potato and a language spectrum not having advanced after the Stone Age.
No real plot, no world building and the world we get to know is uncreative at best. No development or depth to anything at all.
Rennegade Hunter
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm conflicted. I very much like Rey, she's a great character, a survivor even though she's not particularly strong or capable.
Jamie, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities. I'm guess just pretty sick of dominating heros, but what else should I expect from the 'Beast Alpha'? They have a mate bond and he needs her, which apparently justifies all his behaviour, but Rey doesnt know that - there's no reason I can see that she should lke him at all.
Heather Gilbert
Alright

Fast, kinda fun - story about misconceptions and misunderstandings. She’s blind and sold under a guise of lies to an alpha beast - an alien race that took over earth after the great nuclear war. She’s worried he’ll return her if he finds out, he’s worried she’ll run if SHE finds out the truth about his people.

Pros:
- Kinda cute.
- Fast paced.

Cons:
- Crude, but alright.
- Not much of a real story, or any emotional connection.
- Characters are flat.
Nara
No alien romance should be this sweet! After reading this book, my kind of of sweetness turns out to be holly hotness sweetness! My gosh this alien make me blush and their super dirty language? Damn!

Have I said this is sweet alien romance? Yes? I'll say it again: THIS IS SUPER SWEET ALIEN ROMANCE!

Psst...even if he ate human! The fvck?!
Shasha
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alien, anal-sex, bdsm
...romance you say?

This was mostly a rough, crude contract marriage. While there was some sweetness at the end, the misunderstandings made a lot of the story negative.
Will the heroine ever be given equal to what the beast takes?

Mature content, BDSM, anal
Theresa
Jan 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Poor writing and juvenile.
Julie Bryan
Interesting

Cool world... however, I thought the writing needed work. Personally Jamie was an not very nice word and I just couldn’t like him. Rey had a hard life, s she as pretty accepting of what was going on which was disappointing.
*spoiler*. I didn’t like the fact that it took Jamie so long to figure out she was blind and the ay he treated her. If she was his mate I’d like to think he wouldn’t have been able to do some of the things he did. Bottom line, not sure I’d try this author again fo
Gizzie
I started this book because the story line was different. I was very disappointed in the book. I am glad that it was a Kindle Unlimited book and I didn't put money out for it. Had potential but the the writing was imature, and the language hard to understand. I guess it was street language. ...more
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, 2017
First in series - second read by this author

I really liked the concept of this story and enjoyed it.
I liked how the big alpha beast had such a hard time with his mate and how they over come their differences to be together.

• Fated Mate Tamed (Vostra Crime Lords #1)
  • Samson (The Boundarylands, #3)
  • Kian (The Boundarylands, #1)
  • Ty (The Boundarylands, #2)
  • Claimed (Fated Mates of the Kalixian Warriors, #1)
  • His Human Surrogate (Monsters Love Curvy Girls #2)
  • Zeke (The Boundarylands, #6)
  • Alien Fae Mate
  • Maddox (The Boundarylands, #4)
  • Caged with the Alien (Roh'ilian Warrior #1)
  • A Family for the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #4)
  • Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • Daughter of the Alien Warrior (Treasured by the Alien, #3)
  • The Librarian and the Beast (Mintar #1)
  • Rescued by her Alien Mate (Warriors of the D'tali, #1)
  • Stolen (Fated Mates of the Kalixian Warriors, #2)
  • His Human Nanny (Monsters Love Curvy Girls #1)
  • Rescued (Fated Mates of the Kalixian Warriors, #3)
Milana grew up with tales of water fairies that seduced men, vampires that seduced women, and Babaroga who'd come to take her away if she didn't eat her bean soup. She writes sci-fi fantasy romance with over-the-top heroes from her home on Earth where she lives with her mate and their three little monsters. • Safe from cheating, otherwoman drama, and with HEA every time, Milana's stories will ente ...more

Beast Mates (5 books)
  • Wild Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #2)
  • Sent Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #3)
  • Caught Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #4)
  • Free Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #5)