Start by marking “The Royal Treatment (Crown Jewels Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Royal Treatment (Crown Jewels Romance, #1)

The Royal Treatment

(Crown Jewels #1)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  5,953 ratings  ·  1,289 reviews
Ultra-private, ridiculously handsome Crown Prince Arthur has always gotten by on his charm. But that won’t be enough now that the Royal Family is about to be ousted from power once and for all. When Prince Arthur has to rely on the one woman in the kingdom who hates him most, he must learn that earning the love of a nation means first risking his heart.

Twenty-eight-year-
Published August 15th 2017 by Indigo Group

To ask other readers questions about The Royal Treatment, please sign up.
Tracy Copy the URL from your review and paste it here: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webfor... They will email you the link to download the book

·  5,953 ratings  ·  1,289 reviews

Start your review of The Royal Treatment (Crown Jewels Romance, #1)
✰ Liz ✰
~ 4.5 ROYAL STARS ~
"You're not going to make it very easy to walk away, are you?"
description

The Royal Treatment is a laugh out loud contemporary romance full of delightful characters, a unique plot, romance, and humor! This modern day fairy tale romance is a perfect blend of the Princess Diaries meets Bridget Jones with an extra special twist. As the first book in A Crown Jewels Romance, The Royal Treatment is an absolute delight!

description
"I believe my carriage has just turned back into a pumpkin, hasn't it
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
I'm not going to say a ton here, and I'm not sure I have a rating for this one. But it WAS funny and cute. I could have used a bit more conflict and banter, especially as I was super hoping for a good hate-to-love. It went to love pretty quickly though, too quickly for my taste. But whatever, it was a cute, light read. I laughed out loud a few times.

One thing - suicide trigger warning (a parent of one of the characters did it in the past - so just heads up - it's mentioned a few times.)

My Blog
Miss Rail
Personal Review at hearts-of.mine.com
So....
I loved the author's dedication at the beginning of the book but that's all I enjoyed up to the 18% mark.
This was supposed to be a fun Hate to Love Romance but I didn't laugh once!

I was already put off by the prince informal introduction/tirade where he makes clear being a prince is just difficult and boring:

He wakes up early, works out because he needs to maintain his body "in top princely condition", gets briefed on his shedule for the day and proceeds attending either "incredibly te
✶Rachelle✶
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it

Cute, romantic, fluffy, blah blah blah
Kimberley C.
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars for The Royal Treatment

This was a fun, light story that had me laughing out loud at several parts. I loved Arthur, who started off as kind of a jerk but quickly wormed his way into the heroine's heart (and mine!!) I'm not usually big on books with royalty, but after reading The Royal We The Royal We I decided to expand my horizons and give this a shot. I wasn't disappointed.

If you enjoy well-written, light hearted fun that will have you giggling out loud, grab this book for sure.

ARC rece
Alaina
The Royal Treatment was hilarious from start to finish. I loved absolutely everything about this book. I love when I can find good books on my Kindle Unlimited account - plus since it's Thanksgiving and everything a feel-good romantic comedy book is just what I needed to read. Both of the characters, Arthur and Tessa, were practically made for each other. I just loved everything about them - I loved their whole banter and totally saw them falling in love pretty early on.

I can't wait to read the
Thamy
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley2018
Why did I take so long to get to this wonderful comedy?

3.5.

Since she was unfairly blocked from more official jobs as a journalist, Tessa has been trying to grow as a blogger/vlogger, and her biggest revenue is The Royal Watchdog, where she expresses her critical views on the existence of the royal family. Prince Arthur has always kept to the public but now the Prime Minister wants to extinguish monarchy he'll have to take drastic measures. That's how Tessa ends up invited to live in the palace f
Paula  Phillips
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tessa Sharpe has been unlucky in love and the workforce, especially after her latest love conquest with her boss ended up with her leaving her job as a reporter, as it was either that or be fired for a sexual harassment claim as it was her word against his. Her days are now spent blogging and reviewing items like the new electro-shock belt for running. Her most popular blog is a Political site where she rants about the royal family of Avonia especially Prince Arthur. Prince Arthur is heir to the ...more
✨ Gramy ✨
Nov 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-completed
The Royal Treatment is the first installment of the Crown Jewels Romance series by M.J. Summers.

Some people find the use of profanity entertaining. I find it disturbing, disconcerting, and offensive. Therefore, I skip books that make a habit of using such needless words. I found the author's attempt at humor very disappointing. The book literally failed to fulfill my hopes or expectations of the potential story. This book falls into the "DNF" pile for me.

Just two examples in the book . . . . .
Mackenzie
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Song for summary: Don’t Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John

An uproariously funny read! The characters are comical, down-to-earth, and fetching; while the plot is a hilarious romp following the misadventures of Prince Arthur, and the Royal Watchdog, Tessa Sharpe. I absolutely loved this book, it had me laughing from start to finish. This is the ultimate romantic comedy, and I definitely recommend!
Alexis (The Book Democracy)
*I received this as an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review*

Tessa- A blogger who thunks the royal family is completely unnecessary and thinks they should get up with the 21st century.

Arthur- The prince in the royal family trying to win over people's opinions invites Tessa to stay with him for two months to change her opinion

This book was so good! I didn't want to stop reading it! I'm a sucker for modern day royal romance stories and I'm so happy this book delivered! I think the
Princess
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Omg!!! I adored this book. I laughed through the whole thing and the romance was so sweet. Tessa’s brothers are horrible, but the Princess Dowager was wonderful!!
Tracie Banister
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was serendipitous that Amazon recommended this book to me at a time when I really needed a good, pick-me-up read. I'm a sucker for a royal romance, and The Royal Treatment provided me with one that was absolutely swoon-worthy, as well as some hearty laughs. The premise of the book is a clever one--Fearful that an upcoming vote might mean the end of the monarchy in Avonia, Prince Arthur needs some good PR for his family, so he invites Tessa Sharpe, the most ardent anti-royalist in the blogosph ...more
Quirky Omega
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, adult, chick-lit
I can categorically say this that I have, after a really long time, found an author I would genuinely looking forward to in the future.
The book is just perfectly airy and sweet to give that heady romantic feeling, and just enough thorough in its plot to steer you away from any possible headaches over plot loopholes.
And the cover. So darn minimalistic. I love it!
Christa
This book was hilarious!!! I was needed a light funny read and this was it. I laughed, I cringed at some funny but mortifying situations. I highly recommend it if you like light hearted romantic comedies.

5 Stars!
Storiesandcoffee
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
While the comparison to The Hating Game didn't hold up, this was still a fun read. It was romantic and very funny. If you like Sophie Kinsella or Meg Cabot, make sure to check this one out!
Ayekah
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's no secret I love anything MJ Summers writes. She gave me my first book boyfriend in the Full Hearts Series, I'll be forever grateful for that one. This book is the first of a new series and a bit different for her writing and she just bats it right out of the park. The book has it all. Throw in huge amounts of humor and I'm running to the bathroom... you get the picture.
This story is about Tess who writes an anti-monarch blog, living in a country that still has a King as ruler and a Prime M
Janet Taggart Baldwin
This is an absolute gem! My first book by Ms Summers and I am ready to jump right into the 2nd book in this series. She is a fantastic author, I was hooked from the first page.

Tessa is a blogger, who is barely getting by, who writes about how obsolete the Royal Family is. For the past few years, she has garnered quite a following. When Tessa comes to stay at the palace, she finds out her preconceived ideas about the Prince and his family are way off base. Prince Arthur is so much more than he pr
Irene Sim
Jun 04, 2017 marked it as lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
Arc provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Kaitlyn Davis
Kept me thoroughly entertained for the entirety of my 4.5hr plane ride :) An absolutely charming rom com!
Dawn
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Genuinely funny and sweet, with huge laugh out loud moments and seriously cringe worthy situations. With great characters.

This book moves super fast and is a lovely read that you won't want to put down. I didn't.

Tessa is a blogger and one of her blogs is against the current monarchy, because it's a monarchy. She feels you should be able to elect your leaders. Because she is the number one royal hater, or at least the most vocal, that has earned her an invitation for the Crown Prince himself, A
DD
Jan 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not sure what book the others reviewed but.....just, unreadable. The dialogue was awkward. The characters had no depth. Felt like I was reading a B- creative writing project by a 7th grader....
Fake reviews prevent the hidden gems from being revealed. Thought goodreads was better than this?
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
That was “Fuckity-fucking” funny.
Minx
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Royal Treatment is a delightful, potty-mouthed, romantic comedy that will have you laughing out loud! Just thinking about this story has me cracking up! I would have to agree with the blurb about this story being satisfying to fans of Bridget Jones, because it was fekking hilarious but at the same time you will root for the underdogs and love the sweet romance. This is a charming little fairy tale romance that will appeal to a wide variety of readers.

This story is set in current times but in
booksofallkinds
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from the author.

Witty, fun, and with plenty of heart, THE ROYAL TREATMENT by Melanie Summers is an enjoyable read from start to finish.

Tessa Sharpe is a journalist at heart, but when a love affair gone wrong results in her being fired, Tessa starts a blog about the Royal Family, and questions every part of their existence as she believes there is no need for this institution in the modern world. Surviving on paid ad content and doing the odd product review, thin
Nikki Cook
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tessa, the Royal Watchdog, is leading the charge against the royal family. Feeling as though they are "lazy leeches" sucking the economy dry without a care, she holds nothing back in her scathing blogs. But when Prince Author invites her to the palace to see another side of the story, Tessa discovers there is more than tea parties and fancy feasts on the royal agenda. The question she has to ask her readers, and herself, is whether or not it is enough.

The Royal Treatment was such a great read!
twelvejan [Alexandria]
4 Stars!

Fun, hilarious, ridiculous, light-hearted, cracked me up from start to end. There was no major 'screwing over each other' thing which makes me happy because I couldn't stand the idea of Tessa getting screwed over for sleeping with the 'enemy' or for Arthur to be screwed over by the secrets he shared with Tessa. That would be really, really awful.

LOVEEE.

Elizabeth
This was filled with very funny humor but I didn't find the concept of the characters trying to destroy each other's lives amusing. Enemies to lovers doesn't engage me. I'm more of an insta-love (yes, I want that in books, don't hate me!) person. I wanted the characters to lust for each other not tear each other apart.
Diana
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my word, this was HILARIOUS! Especially the Shocker Jogger scene 😂😂😂. The hate to love romance between Tessa and Arthur was super cute, and their banter was snarky and fun. While I didn’t much care for Tessa’s brothers or the King, The Dowager Princess had me in stitches on more than one occasion. This series will definitely be one that I return to when I’m in the mood for a light, fun read!
Goodreads Authors...: Flash Giveaway! 3 14 May 25, 2017 03:45PM
Turning Pages At ...: Flash Giveaway! 15 10 May 24, 2017 07:11PM
The Perks Of Bein...: Flash Giveaway - Romantic Comedy 1 8 May 24, 2017 10:34AM
Goodreads Authors...: Flash Giveaway! 1 9 May 24, 2017 10:30AM
Goodreads Authors...: Flash Giveaway! 1 4 May 24, 2017 10:29AM
Goodreads Authors...: Reviews Needed for a New Royal Romantic Comedy 4 21 May 24, 2017 12:30AM
Goodreads Librari...: Desperately Seeking Help 7 38 Apr 24, 2017 04:21PM

• Royally Crushed (Crazy Royal Love, #1)
  • The Suite Life (Paradise Bay #3)
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay, #2)
  • The Honeymooner (Paradise Bay, #1)
  • A Royal Shade of Blue (Modern Royals #1)
  • Royal Icing (Modern Royals #3)
  • The Princess Pose (The Modern Royals Series Book 2)
  • The Crown Jewels Boxed Set (Crown Jewels, #1-3)
  • Dating Mr. Darcy (Love Manor, #1)
  • The After Wife
  • The Event (The Creek Water Series, #1)
  • Royally Wild (Crazy Royal Love, #2)
  • The Plan (The Creek Water Series, #3)
  • One Last First Date (Cozy Cottage Café, #1)
  • The Move (The Creek Water Series, #2)
  • No More Horrible Dates (High Tea, #3)
  • The Dream (The Creek Water Series, #4)
  • The Plus One Pact
MJ Summers currently resides in Edmonton, Canada, with her husband, three young children, and their goofy dog. When she's not writing romance novels, she loves reading (obviously), snuggling up on the couch with her family for movie night (which would not be complete without lots of popcorn and milkshakes), and long walks in the woods near her house. MJ also spends a lot more time thinking about d ...more

Crown Jewels (3 books)
  • The Royal Wedding (Crown Jewels Romance, #2)
  • The Royal Delivery (Crown Jewels, #3)

News & Interviews

“The world falls away, and we are no longer a prince and his harshest critic, but two flawed human beings needing to be understood.” 4 likes
“I’m not sure that there is value in someone spouting their hate-filled opinions into the world. In fact, I’m sure there is very little value in it. The world is filled with enough anger and judgement, without someone like me making a lot of assumptions and presenting them as facts.” 1 likes