Start by marking “Forget You (The Kingman Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forget You (The Kingman Brothers, #1)

Forget You

(The Kingman Brothers #1)

Sophie Jordan dreams about hooking up with Nicolas “King” Kingman—the gorgeous CEO of her company—but as her boss, he’ll always remain out of reach. King knows he isn’t built for happily-ever-afters and only indulges in brief romantic encounters. But when Sophie agrees to fill in as his last-minute date to a charity gala, an unexpected discovery quickly escalates their pla
Published April 16th 2018 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Forget You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forget You

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
King is delicious! Sweet story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes you need a quick little romance to pass the time and when I started reading this sweet read, I knew it was the perfect story for a distraction.

The author gives us a common theme; hot CEO and the admin – his second hand gal. Sophie has a huge crush on him and a once in a lifetime opportunity for a passionate night with King has her heart fluttering. And then the betrayal and Sophie feels there is no way anything good can come from it
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
~Actual Rating: 1.5 ~

Lust? Yes.
Love? Maybe . . .

I get that King had amnesia and that was his "excuse" for forgetting his shitty behavior towards her, but what was Sophie's excuse for forgetting what he did to her? Wish she wasn't so easy to forgive because he definitely needed to grovel for his second chance.

Office romances and falling for your boss are tried and true cliches/tropes in romance and I admit I enjoy them. Their usually a bit angsty, a bit suspenseful and (if done right) down righ
Dísir
I’d expected a romcom going into this, because a disgruntled assistant being forced to stay on in her job after a one-nighter with the boss gone wrong...sounded like a fantastic premise that promised lots of laughs. That alone made me want to know how Sophie got on with a difficult boss who'd conveniently forgotten he’d been an arse.

Unfortunately, ‘Forget You’ was the kind of read that worked me up into a fit and that mostly had to do with the main characters who not only needed to grow some se
Ivy Deluca
description
The Good
-Simple boss-assistant trope is a fave of mine.
-The amnesia storyline worked because it kept a bit of tension for the reader, wondering when he would remember everything.
-The Firsts are enjoyable enough and the sexual tension is pretty much maintained throughout the story. I would have liked a little bitty bit more on the emotional side, which leads me to….

The Bad
King, before his amnesia, is pretty a-hole-ish. Thankfully you knew he cared through his inner monologues, even if he handled
Stacee
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was ok

I really liked this premise and when I got the invite to read it, I pounced.

Sophie is a good MC. She’s loyal and has a big heart and is basically a really good, honest person. King has potential. He’s cocky and a quite a bastard when it comes to women, but he’s {mostly} respectful when it comes to Sophie. I don’t get why they couldn’t call him by his first name, especially when there’s a brother, but whatever.

Plot wise it was sort of dull. I didn’t see the chemistry between them and d
Missy's Book World
Forget you by Nina Crespo was the first book i have read by this author and it was an okay read. Throughout most the story the hero King was hard to like but towards the end he was more likable. I liked the way the heroine was portrayed. This office romance story felt like it was missing something though. Overall it was a good read and will be reading the second King brother book.
Rejane
Apr 06, 2018 marked it as not-interested
If not even the ARCs rated this highly (3.4 average) I can only imagine how bad this is.

SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

1 ★

Sadly there was not much about this book that I enjoyed except that it was fairly short and I can get through it fast. I was going to DNF it but since I agreed to review it and wanted the review to be fair I figured I better read the whole book .

Reading the blurb I really thought it would maybe be a but funny and interesting. But really it was not all the funny and more some bad romance clichés

Sheri
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, romance
Hmmm. Girls sleeps with her boss. Boss wants to go back to the way things were. Girl gives her two week notice due to embarrassment. Pretty much sums up this book.

Sophie has crushed on her boss, Nic Kingman, who goes by King (ok) for two years. After his flavor of the week cancels on him the night of a charity gala, King asks Sophie to go with him and does what any millionaire would do – calls his friend who owns a boutique and gets her all glammed up for the ball.

Things take a turn for the seri
Mariℓina
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 Stars!
Adria (Musings and Reviews)
Originally posted on Adria's Musings and Reviews.

* A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review. All conclusions are my own responsibility and I was not compensated for this review.

What’s it About? Sophie Jordan has been “in lust” with her boss, CEO Nicolas “King” Kingman for such a long time but he has a reputation for brief flings so Sophie has to content herself with her fantasies. Then one night King asks her to be an emergency stand in
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Forget You (The Kingman Brothers #1) is not the first book I read from Nina Crespo – so far my ratings for her have been 3-4 stars because while I liked her writing there was always something in the plot that did not totally work out for me.

Third time is a charm it says and it seems to be right this time – finally I came across a plot that truly worked for me.

Sophie and King have great dynamics and you hate and like them in all the right moments and places. They are well and deeply developed a
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Feb 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
I DNF finish this one... for 2 main reasons. One, because he got amnesia RIGHT AFTER they had sex the night before and he ignored her the next day! And two, because, King was one of the most unlivable characters I have ever read. I mean, I literally hated him!!
Lisa Book Shelf
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
: An exciting boss to lover romance. King is an alpha bossy & yes a jerk Also he’s a workaholic that put his company first. But when he talks her into becoming his last minute date to a work event, that attraction exploded & so she puts her notice to leave in. But then it only gets worse when he’s in an accident which takes his memory of everything that happened so Sophie agrees to stay on for a while longer, but will that attraction seal the deal
Lilly Charysma
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God, you cannot even imagine how much I liked this book! I liked the characters, the story, I liked the writing, I liked how the action is fitted perfectly in the dimensions. I liked everything!

Sophie has had a major crush on her boss. But she knows very well that the success of their business relationship is due to its professional aspect. She is not willing to cross this line, especially since he often changes partners. But one evening she accompanies him at an official event and things
Miriam
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Office romance, particularly boss-assistant/boss-secretary romance, makes up most of the contemporary romances I own. The thrill of what could be stems from a secret desire and longing for the boss to see the assistant for man/woman they are behind the efficiency, the power suits, the endless patience. That moment of realization usually happens when the assistant is out of their element, sometimes at a Who's Who gala or caught by surprise at home in sweats and a t-shirt.

Sophie's moment was the f
Erin Lewis
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4  Star Review of  Forget You (The Kingman Brothers #1) by Nina Crespo
Nina Crespo is a new author to me. The premise of the story drew me in and it was a good read although to me it was more drama and angst that comedy which was what I was expecting.
Honestly, I wasn’t too keen on King to begin with but he did slowly grow on me; he was a typically arrogant, at times egotistical businessmen, who felt he was entitled. Sophie I liked, although I was extremely frustrated by her acceptance of the tre
Kari
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, kindle, for-review
Forget You is the first in a new series about the Kingman brothers series . In this one, Sophie has been "King's" assistant for two years. She has also harbored a secret crush on him. However, she knows if she were to get involved, she would be another notch on his bedpost. King avoids commitment at all costs, but he starts noticing his assistant is more than a valuable member of his staff.

I have mixed feelings about this book. Ultimately, I did enjoy it. I liked Sophie and wanted her to succeed
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)

Forget You by Nina Crespo is about the woman who has always wanted her boss but knew he could never be hers. But after one night of passion, he wants things to go back to what they were. Sophie decides to finally leave, however, when an accident causes King to lose his memory, he needs her.

Sophie was so loyal, honest and sweet, even when others did not deserve it. Especially her boss, King. King on the other hand was so full of himself and took every female in his life for granted. He
Tania's Book Blog
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Sophie had a crush on her boss King for a long time but he never looked at her that way. King is gorgeous, rich and smart and has a commitment phobia. He has a different woman literally every week or every other week but that didn’t stop Sophie.

One night things go further and she has her hopes set high but her insecurities with King along with his reputation has her thinking twice. When King gets in an accident she puts him first as usual and sticks around to help out.

She wasn’t a bad heroine bu
Isha Coleman
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVE. We've all been through it. At times we rue it. Yet when it's right we wouldn't change a thing. The perfect description of Forget You. Crespo used my own heart against me. King and Sophie are messy, dysfunctional, frustrating, emotional, yet realistically exceptional. Forget You takes a walk down memory lane with the heart as it's guide, to remind us why when it comes to love, the fight is worth the fall.
Heather andrews
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
King is a man who doesn't take no for an answer, "King eased back until their lips hovered over hers. “You’re wrong. It may have happened once, but we’re not done.” King often times scolds his woman, “you think me talking down a hard-on and staying awake all night because of it is funny?” I liked this book, I liked King been n if he could be an arse at times.
nick
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was ok

Unfortunately, not my kind of book. I didn't particularly care for either of these characters and I didn't feel the chemistry between them.
Samantha Brody
3.5 Stars: I’m a sucker for amnesia plots, but the Hero’s redemption at the end could have used some serious work.
Heidi
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

I read an obscene amount of romance. With that in mind, I try to approach every new novel with fresh eyes but somethings just don't work for me. Boss/Executive assistant trope? Love it. Traumatic brain injury that makes the hero forget he slept with his assistant and that she submitted her resignation? Here for it. No explanation for why either of them likes the other one? No thanks.

I believed that Sophie and King wanted each other. I believed their sexual chemistry and even their wor
Thuy Taylor
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I went into this book thinking it was going to be funny. It was not a Rom Com. It had a really decent storyline though. Sophie is Nic's trusty assistant. She's good at her job. The King brothers can't really afford to lose her because she's a good asset to the company. I liked Sophie's character. She stood her ground and wasn't taking Nic's BS anymore. I didn't like that Nic was such a manwhore but I guess it takes the one person to change the direction of a playboys life. I enjoyed Aiden and Ni ...more
Jessica
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, blog-review
I’m not a big fan of office romances because they can be a bit too far fetched, but when I read the synopsis to Nina Crespo’s Forget You, I was intrigued. I like amnesia stories because of the possibilities and I know that a few can be really well written and a few are forgettable. I struggled a bit with Forget You, but it was a quick read.

Character development is a little weak. Sophie Jordan is a no-nonsense Executive Assistant who is on top of her game and can always be counted on. She has dre
Bec
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

Sophie Jordan wishes her boss Nicholas 'King' Kingman would take notice of her in a romantic way. However, there's no way he'd get involved with an employee. Yet, when he needs her to be his date for a charity gala, she finds things changing for the better. But when King is injured in an accident, will Sophie and King achieve their shot at happy ever after or will he ruin things between them because he believes he's not cut out for a forever relationship?

Ms. Crespo is a new-to-me author and I'm
Leah
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book is the first Nina Crespo book I have read and it was great to find an author that I enjoyed so much. She definitely has hooked me on her first book in the Kingman Brothers series. I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series especially since this one holds so many hints as to what may be coming later.
Sophie Jordan, executive assistant, has had a crush on her boss forever. A recent night at a bar where she fell into his arms only solidified her feelings for him. Sophie
Jennifer Hines
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC of this book free from Gallery Books, Simon & Schuster via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Sophie loves working as King's assistant. The increasing daydreams about him are more of an annoyance than anything, but when the chance presents itself she can't refuse. Too bad she didn't listen to her inner voice because sleeping with the commitment-phobe boss isn't exactly the best way to better a work relationship.

"Magnum. More like mag-DAMN. She'd orgasmed harder tha
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Amazon Buy Link 4 24 Jan 08, 2018 10:39AM
Nina Crespo lives in Florida where she indulges in her favorite passions -- the beach, a good glass of wine, date night with her own real-life hero and dancing. Her lifelong addiction to romance began in her teens while on a "borrowing spree" in her older sister's bedroom where she discovered her first romance novel. Let Nina's sensual contemporary stories and steamy paranormal tales satisfy your ...more

The Kingman Brothers (2 books)
  • Fight for You