Start by marking “The Exagggerations of Peter Prince” as Want to Read:
The Exagggerations of Peter Prince

The Exagggerations of Peter Prince

The Exagggerations of Peter Prince is an adventure for the reader and for the hero. We join with Peter Prince in his merry search for himself in old myths and new legends and in the very creation of the book. Peter Prince guides us through an exciting, uninhibited plot, which is simply meant to extend the reader's definitions of fiction and life.
Published January 1st 1968 by Holt, Rineheart, and Winston

To ask other readers questions about The Exagggerations of Peter Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Exagggerations of Peter Prince

Start your review of The Exagggerations of Peter Prince
Vit Babenco
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Do characters of books pray to their authors like human beings pray to God?
Fuck the ‘Existence of God.’ What does it mean to me when I can be incinerated with the whole rest of my race by men. Even if I accept it, for instance, and say He does lead me around on a leash. How could He possibly know what I need or even care about it when this is where He brought us so far. It’s some kind of sport He’s playing, the Stupid Asshole, and He’s playing it with me. I mean, Job that poor fucker. Just becau
Nathan "N.R." Gaddis
The good folks at Verbivoracious Press have slated a March date for the re=issue of this Crusty Classic. You fans of Danielewski's (and even more, Federman's) designed books will definitely need to get yourselves a copy.

"Trivia About The Exagggeration... No trivia or quizzes yet. Add some now »" --gr's=Bad Ass Self

“One of the most mooving reviews I’ve read on gr in many days.” --Will Self

“The best, if not one of the best, interpretations of The Exagggerations of Peter Prince gr has produced in t
Nathan "N.R." Gaddis
Do you know this? Even ever heard it exists? An Amur'kan Classic. Now in its second edition from the trepidationless Verbivoracious Press. Now shipping!!

Seriously guys, if you like Federman and you like Sukenick, Katz here is the third of this Trilogy and this is his Book. I mean, if you like this kind of stuff, the Exagggerations (always three g's) has a solid spot in the top 10 of this kind of stuff.

And like everything else you're reading, it serves as solace in this Age of Rump.
MJ Nicholls
Steve Katz’s 1968 novel is, to quote the DJ, “simply meant to extend the reader’s definitions of fiction and life.” Doesn’t sound too ambitious. A forgotten metafictional opus-of-sorts, Katz’s huge rectangular novel pits antihero PP (a womanising drifter who drifts through the novel’s sequence of stop-start helterscrewball antics) against various threats his nefarious author has dreamed up while his electric fan buzzes to keep him cool. Among the pomo things-of-note in this novel: a section that ...more
Ben Lieberman
This is a book I considered putting down about halfway through--right around the part with the “deleted” passages--but I have a soft spot for the precocities of Bronx Jews, and, admittedly, Steve Katz can write. Since he appears nominally in Exagggerations itself, I suppose it’s worth comparing Katz’s book with that of his friend Sukenick’s, to wit Up, a novel(?) I read at times with something like pleasure and at times with bewildered anger. Less anger here, with the Peter Prince of the title, ...more
Geoffrey
Oct 23, 2015 rated it liked it
As metafiction, it's clever and delightful as all get-out, but man, the title character is a truly unbearable little shit, and I have the sneaking suspicion that Katz himself is not quite cognizant of the extent to which this is the case.
Paul Dembina

• Cannonball
  • The Counterlife
  • Cigarettes
  • The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman
  • Петровы в гриппе и вокруг него
  • Smiles on Washington Square
  • As Lie Is to Grin
  • The Translator's Bride
  • 53 Days
  • Strolls With Pushkin
Steve Katz (May 14, 1935 – August 4, 2019) was an American writer. He is considered an early post-modern or avant-garde writer for works such as The Exagggerations of Peter Prince (1968), and Saw (1972).

News & Interviews