Start by marking “Sea of Strangers” as Want to Read:

Sea of Strangers

Sea of Strangersby Lang Leav picks up from her previous international bestselling books includingLove & Misadventure, Lullabies,and TheUniverse of Us,and sets sail for a grand new adventure.

This completely original collection of poetry and prose will not only delight her avid fans but is sure to capture the imagination of a whole new audience. With the turn of every
Published January 9th 2018 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sea of Strangers, please sign up.
Yuna Gena I think she had been deeply in love and then broken heart even deeper.…moreI think she had been deeply in love and then broken heart even deeper. (less)

Start your review of Sea of Strangers
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
This one felt rather childish. Nevertheless, it was good poetry to skip through.

In a sea of strangers,
you've longed to know me. (c)
Art and Books
before I knew,
and you have always
been mine too. (c)
Q:
I don't remember exactly, but the whole time I was dreaming, I knew you were mine. (c)
Souls
When two
Nat
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, arc
If this isn’t your first time reading Lang Leav's work, you pretty much know what to expect off the bat. With the turn of every page,Sea of Strangersinvites you to go beyond love and loss to explore themes of self-discovery and empowerment as you navigate your way around the human heart.

Though this collection has nothing new going on for it, compared to the two previous collections I read and reviewed (Lullabies&The Universe of Us), sometimes a familiar writing style is a comfort I tend to
[Shai] Bibliophage
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Indisputably Sea of Strangers is the best book of Lang Leav that has published so far. There are a lot of surprisingly remarkable poems and prose in this collection; some of these that catch my attention are Keys to the Kingdom, Witness, Reclaiming the Sky, The Fisherman, and Take Back Your Power.
Sea of Strangers
If you are a fan of Lang Leav or just enjoys a good poetry book, then you must not miss the chance to check out this wonderful compilation.
Jessica
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, romance
This is my second time reading a poetry collection from Lang Leav. I had previously read Lullabies and loved it. I’ve also read her novel, Sad Girls, and thought that was just okay.

Basically, I loved this collection. Her poetry is just so beautiful and I love that some of her poems even rhyme (which you don’t get all that often in contemporary poetry). Her poems are a wonderful blend of contemporary and classical poetry which I think makes it very special. There is an effortless quality to them
Julia Sapphire
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it

-I really enjoyed this one and its one of my fav collections by her
-I thought it was a solid collection with lovely poems
-I really liked how this had a theme of the sea, the ocean and water
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you Andrews McMeel Publishing for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Finished my first book for 2018. In Lang Leav's new poetry collection, Sea of Strangers is about love, breakups and healing. These topics are common from her previous collections and delivers each prose with emotions. Gladly she explores inspirational and empowering poems. It's refreshing and I like it. Overall, this is good but cliché (Especially about breakups. Majority of them are monotonous)
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
[Nov 2018 edit]

As it turns out, the end of the year found me sad enough for Sea of Strangers. Sad for all the reasons, not just the right ones. And I enjoyed every masochistic moment of Leav's poetry.

****************************

Sea of Strangers is currently not working for me. Maybe I'm not sad enough, or maybe I'm too sad for all the wrong reasons. I cannot take the lose I feel from Leav's poetry right now.

This isn't going to my did not finish shelf. I'll put it on hold until I'll get into the
Joseph Spuckler
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Sea of Strangers by Lang Leav is the poet's fourth publish collection.Leav is an international bestselling author and social media sensation. She is the winner of a Qantas Spirit of Youth Award and coveted Churchill Fellowship.

This my second review of one of Leav's books. I was introduced to her work by another review that of her partner,Michael Faudet. Both write short poems and pieces of prose which is a growing trend in the reading of younger adults and hip kids today. One doesn't have to
Shaelin Bishop
Mar 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
1.5
Sadly this was much too vague and melodramatic for my taste. It felt very insubstantial, each poem or piece was just a very obvious truism. The poems had a pretty juvenile structure, and the prose pieces seemed like something that could have impact within a larger fiction or CNF piece, but on their own just feel like melodramatic diary snippets. There was almost never any specificity to image or situation, just descriptions of feelings that felt so vague they were too broad to say something
Dale Harcombe
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I had not heard of this poet before. This was one of four books From Hardie Grant that I won. It’s always a joy to find a new author or poet. This is a simply expressed, heartfelt collection of poetry and thoughts, much of it about love or loss. Some are only one or two lines in length. Others are longer, maybe three or four stanzas. I tended to do as I usually do with poetry, read a few at a time and sit and reflect on them rather than reading the whole book in a sitting or two.
These are simply
Krista Regester
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You Had Me Once

You had me once—
wild and willing;
you wanted a lover
who took you to the edge.

Wasn’t it I—
who gave you that feeling?
A love that danced

with her instead.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry

I have always loved Lang's poetry, ever since I can remember knowing it existed. I used to read her work over and over as a teen, getting lost in how emotive and haunting it was. When I saw that she was releasing a new collection, I couldn't wait to read it, and was so grateful to get my hands on it. She's been sitting on some of this work for a decade, but man, was it worth the wait.

Greet the world with no expectation.
Love as though you have never been hurt or betrayed.
Let go of the ones who
《Maram》
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, poetry, owned
This is the first poetry collection I read. I heard about Lang Leav and decided to read her book. I think that her writing is very beautiful and lyrical. I enjoyed reading this but I wasn't interested in the love poems and they weren't my favourite (this is not the author's fault it's just personal preference).

I related to some of the poems which were great and I felt that many poems were encouraging too. After reading this I think I am interested to read more poetry.

Here are some of my
Prashasti
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, kindle
To Dare
Spread your wings—now is the time,
to dare, to dream, to reach for the sky.
This is the moment you will soar;
if you want it now—you can have it all.

Others will look upon your grace,
and their bitter hearts will cry in spite;
the best parts of you—they’ll try to take,
to dim the brilliance of your light.
And as your tender courage wanes,
something whispers to you—wait!
Look them in the eye and say—not today,
I will not let you guide my fate.
This is not the day when you’ll
Nadia Awadi
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
So I usually review poetry with my own CRINGY POETRY, but I will spare you the pain this time.

This is a collection of poems about love and I can't relate. Obviously. I can only relate to poetry about suicide and emo-angst. I mean...Positive thoughts: here we are. But the writing is pretty good and it actually RHYMES.

I don't recommend it for single people though. But if you just had THE MOST HEARTBREAKING LOVE STORY that has colleen hoover shaking from fear then by all means....go for it!

Anyway,
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
I'm running behind my reading challenge so I'm reading poetry. lol
~ Althea | themoonwholistens ~  ☾
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, netgalley, poem
// RECEIVED AN ADVANCE READER COPY FOR A REVIEW //

“if i have learned anything this year, its that I won’t ever be ready for what life throws at me."

the poems are pretty much bittersweet with a touch of nostalgia. and if not that, something that you can relate to on a level so deep the mariana trench got jealous.

officially my favortie lang leav poem book even though most of the poems are still about love as per usual. thank you and goodbye.
Anali

that can
undo it all?”
Alison
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Some of these were pretty good poems, and I even wrote down as some to reference at future dates. Overall though, again, not overly impressed with the modern style of poetry so WHY DO I KEEP DOING THIS TO MYSELF.
Mary ♥
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.8/5 stars

Don't let them tell you that your pain should be confined to the past, that it bears no relevance to the present.

Something to listen to while reading this

Sea of Strangers is a poetry and prose collection about love, heartbreak and healing, a gathering of thoughts and dreams and experiences on paper, meant to give strength and hope. Yet, I wasn't able to connect with most of the poems in this, something that quite saddened me, as I found some of the metaphors the author used
Romie
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn't the biggest of Lang Leav's first poetry collections, but this one … this one was so much better than everything I expected. I went into this collection thinking it would be nothing exceptional, just an average poetry book, but I was wrong? I liked it a lot? It hit home? I'm emotional right now.

This collection is full of inspirational little poems, delicate teeny tiny poems, there to make you realise you're not alone in your feelings. More than once I found myself thinking, ‘This is
Kate
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, 2018-read
Loved this!
Lang Leav is fantastic.
Reem Ghabbany
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
"Greet the world with no expectation.
Love as though you have never been hurt or betrayed.
let go of the ones who take so much from you
yet offer nothing in return.
This is how you take back your power"

"Today I feel small-looked down on and disregarded. My thoughts are of little importance. My words have no bearing on the wight of the world. I am tired of being taken for granted. if only I could get back a fraction of what I give. but my efforts go unnoticed. and my soul keeps wishing to be
Nabilah Firdaus
“Fear isn't a reason when it come to love—it's an excuse. Anyone who has ever been in love will tell you that. When it happens, you don't think about the consequences. You'd turn your life upside down to be with that person. You'd do anything for them,”
Lauren
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sea of Strangers is the first book I have read by Lang Leav and it was exquisite. Her words are often beautiful yet tragic but always with a hint of hope.

A stunning collection that I shall be revisiting in the future.

Full RTC.
alheyam
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Spread your wings — now is the time
To dare, to dream, to reach for the sky ..
Hafsa
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-e-books, poésie
Disclaimer: Received a free digital copy of the book through Netgalley.

One thing I know for sure now is that Leav's poetry/short prose collections are much stronger than her novels. PERIOD.

Although the themes were typical and reminded me of R.H. Sin work which I don't really like, the writing is what forced me to give this a 3 stars. Another similarity between Leav's and Sin's work is that while reading I strongly felt that my rating could've been much higher if it wasn't for the repetitive
Patty
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
** 4 stars **

Opening Line
“It has been almost a decade since I wrote the poem Sea of Strangers.”

I love Lang Leav. Every time I'm about to read one of her books I select a mellow playlist on my iPod, make a cup of tea, and prepare myself for the raw emotions her poems always manage to draw out of me.

"It is the mark of a great poet to write words that feel as though they have stood witness to your most intimate memory of love."

Sea of Strangers was yet another compilation of poems about love, loss,
Saif Saeed
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Like Milk and Honey but better but I just don't think I'm into this style poetry or poetry in general really. It was nice but I still feel like every book of poetry I have that reads this way is not worth the amount of paper its printed on. Just release the full text on Tumblr, that's your target audience anyway.
Abbie
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: novella
I have never been a fan of Lang Leav's writing but it has become a tradition for me to read and review her work. To be honest, I find her poems flat and monotonous. I don't feel anything when I read her collection. My friends rave about how insightful and emotionally raw her poems are but to me it just reeks of mediocrity.

Her poems are supposed to be about love and heartbreak. This particular collection has upgraded to empowerment after a difficult breakup. But as I read through the short
Mentor Texts: Mentor Texts 1 6 Dec 10, 2018 06:23AM

• Smoke & Mirrors
  • She Felt Like Feeling Nothing
  • Winter of Summers
  • The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #2)
  • Bitter Sweet Love
  • Dirty Pretty Things
  • Algedonic
  • The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #3)
  • The Dark Between Stars
  • Pillow Thoughts
  • Pillow Thoughts II: Healing the Heart
  • Yesterday I Was the Moon
  • The Last Time I'll Write About You
  • To Make Monsters Out of Girls (Things that Haunt, #1)
  • Love Her Wild
  • Planting Gardens in Graves
  • The Sun and Her Flowers
Novelist and poet, Lang Leav is an international bestselling author and winner of a Qantas Spirit of Youth Award, Churchill Fellowship and Goodreads Choice Award. Often credited with popularizing poetry among a new generation of young readers, Lang’s poetry books, and hit novel, Sad Girls continue to top best seller charts around the world.

Lang has been featured on CNN, SBS Australia, Intelligence
“Anything for Love

Fear isn't a reason when it come to love—it's an excuse. Anyone who has ever been in love will tell you that. When it happens, you don't think about the consequences. You'd turn your life upside down to be with that person. You'd do anything for them.”
18 likes
“Meant to Be

If they were meant to be in your life, nothing cover ever make them leave. If they weren't, nothing in the world could make them stay.”
12 likes