Start by marking “Snow Falling” as Want to Read:
Snow Falling

Snow Falling

It’s been a lifetime (and three seasons) in the making, but Jane Gloriana Villanueva is finally ready to make her much-anticipated literary debut!

Jane the Virgin, the Golden Globe, AFI, and Peabody Award–winning The CW dramedy, has followed Jane’s telenovela-esque life—from her accidental artificial insemination and virgin birth to the infant kidnapping and murderous games
Published November 14th 2017 by Adams Media

To ask other readers questions about Snow Falling, please sign up.
Teshai i am literally cracking up that it is real..will read

Caitlin
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wanted it to be a lil better tbh but Jane the Virgin is my favourite show so OF COURSE I LOVED IT. Even though this is about Michael, I’m team Raf for life byeeeeee
Jessica Jeffers
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I am normally not a romance reader nor a novelty tie-in reader, but I fucking love Jane the Virgin so fucking much that I want to read the hell out of this.
karen
fulfilling book riot's 2018 read harder challenge task #10: A romance novel by or about a person of color.

no extry points. just...romance.

you might look at the two-star rating i have given this book and say, “well, yeah - you don’t like romance novels, karen, so obviously you wouldn’t like this.”

and it’s true - i am not a fan of the genre, and lines like When his fingers enclosed hers, Josephine felt a small frisson of heat, and when she looked down, sparks of light seemed to be dancing along t
Stephanie Laurenza
Nov 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
I wanted to love this so hard. I LOVE Jane the Virgin and thought timing the "real" release of Jane's novel with the fictional release of Jane's novel was borderline genius - I even pre-ordered it. Although I still think it's borderline genius, I'm super disappointed in the book itself. It's essentially the entire storyline of Jane the Virgin (down to seemingly random italicized narrative that isn't really explained). I occasionally read romance novels, so it's not the genre that disappointed me ...more
Aoife
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
If anyone watches Jane the Virgin, they know exactly what this book is - Jane and Michael's love story and how it should have ended. This is basically the entire first season of Jane the Virgin summed up into a 240 page novel set in the 1900s. The characters have been renamed and it's set a long time in the past (before accidental artificial insemination could happen) but it's the story we all know and love.

I didn't go into this expecting a mind-blowing story. I went in for those Michael and Jan
Gabby
I love Jane the Virgin, so I just couldn't not own this, even though I'm very firmly, 100% Team Rafael. But, whatever. I wanted to read this . . . and I wish I hadn't. It was my biggest fear going into this that I wouldn't like it because, if I didn't, everytime Jane talked about her book / someone praised it, I'll be cussing at the TV (saying that it's shit). But I read it anyways. JTV is on hiatus right now, so I need some JTV to fill in the gap (I just finished a re-watch). But NO. This was t ...more
Selene
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This is exactly what I expected it to be.
Lior
Nov 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
oh my god it’s a real book???? AMAZING!!!
Katie (patronusaurus reads)
This was a fun look at what Jane Gloriana Villanueva's novel would look like. For anyone who doesn't know, Jane is the main character in the TV show Jane the Virgin (which is a PHENOMENAL show, like 100000/10) and over the course of a few seasons she writes a book--this book. I don't really read romance, but I love the show and this book was just chilling at my library, so I thought, why not?

It is essentially a rehash of the main plot points in the first 2 1/2 seasons of the show--so if you have
Megan
I was only interested in reading this book because it was a tie-in to the "Jane the Virgin" TV show. The story line is almost an exact copy of the TV show's, just change the time period and how the pregnancy happened. The only part I liked about this book was the ending (view spoiler).
Susie
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
This book is definitely for fans of the show Jane the Virgin. I honestly think that without the show as a reference, it would be pretty meh. But if you love the show like I do and want more of those characters and to relive the first few seasons, pick this up. It's loads of fun!
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
This is hilarious! Must get this book!!
Victoria
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
Normally I would not review a book I did not finish but the reason I didn't make it through this one is weighty enough for an exception.

I love Jane the Virgin and was excited by the idea of a tie-in novel. What I wasn't expecting however was that it would basically just be a novelization of the show, with a few changes made due to the different time period. So if you have watched the show, you will know exactly what is going to happen, which completely kills the tension. And if you haven't watch
Lorna
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a long-time fan of The CW's Jane the Virgin, when I found out they had made Jane's book a reality, I cried a little bit.

Jane and Michael are my all-time favorite fictional couple and seeing their love story again made my heart melt. It was hard to review this book based on how strongly I felt about the couple and the show, but here are my final thoughts...

Snow Falling  by Jane Gloriana Villanueva (ghostwritten by Caridad Piñeiro) was an absolutely lovely love story. It is a historical roma
Emily
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it
If you like Jane the Virgin, you will like this book. You may not love this book, however. While the narration of the audiobook was wonderful, and I loved the way Simon&Schuster managed to weave the Jane the Virgin plot into a 20th century romance novel set in Miami AND make it believable, I wanted MORE! More details on Jane and Michael's relationship, more details on Jane's relationship with her mother and her abuela, more details on Lucia and Sondra's relationship, more character developme ...more
Kate
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 expectations were low, but it is still really fun that this book exists.
Anna
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
First off, that dedication shattered my already-broken heart and I'm currently still picking up the pieces.

I am going to be honest, Snow Falling was a little difficult for me to get through. I really wanted to love this. Being a fan of the show definitely influenced the way I went into reading this book as I kept imagining it was set in the present time. I would only realize my mistake when they mentioned the horse carriages. I believe that this book could have been better if it was a bit longer
Jennifer Girard
Oct 27, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-kindle
So I would NEVER read this book if it wasn't cause freaking Jane wrote it! OMG I'm so exited for this book!
Megan
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I love Jane the Virgin, so when I found out that the book Jane was writing in the show was being turned into a real book, I knew I had to read it. Since it was meant to be a retelling of Jane's relationship with Michael with a happily ever after, I knew it would follow the general plot of the show, but set in Miami in the early 1900s with changes to match that setting. But it kept some elements from the show that I did not expect that detracted from the story.

The Jane the Virgin show had a wonde
Akilah
Jan 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
I made it to pg. 152 (62%) before I had to tap out. I was going to force myself to finish but then I realized I could use that time to catch up on the current season of the show instead since that would be a better use of my time.

This book is terrible in large part because the plot* is EVEN MORE unbelievable than the plot of Jane the Virgin and lacks all of the charm of the series. I mean, sure, the only people reading it are fans of the series, but that doesn't mean character development should
Heba Khan
Feb 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Anna
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book-owned
I wanted to give this a 2.0, my love for Jane wanted me to give this a 3.0, so I guess 2.5 is fair enough.

Jane the Virgin has been one of my favorite shows ever since it started because I related to Jane in so many ways (from personality to college major, family, background, etc - it's crazy how similar our lives are) but it really pains me to say that my girl is not that good of a writer.

I guess the main reason I couldn't love this, even though I knew the story and the characters, was that it'
Leah Alvord
Okay, on the one hand, it was a fun read that tied back into the show and the ending was adorable.

On the other hand... It lacked emotion. I did not feel involved in any moment. It felt like I was sitting outside the book the whole time, instead of being immersed in its pages.

Also, it really bothered me that there was less atmosphere to this. I've read a few HRs and the setting is around 50% of the story because the atmosphere is always so important to every scene. But in here, it's like it didn'
Mehvish
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Only reason I read it was because of Jane the virgin 🙈

Loved the book gave an insight into Janes mind and her different relationships . The only thing which was annoying about the book was the unnecessary narrator (the italics part) , they were trying to make it exactly like the show. It would have been better to not have the narrator .
The ending though ❤!

There were parts of the book which were boring but then it picked up .

On the whole it was a good book !
Read the book if you want to relive s
Lisa Wilkening
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I only bought this book because I enjoyed the TV show and I thought it would be funny to have a book from the show. I actually ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would. It’s a quick read and, while not incredibly well written, still made me smile. Would recommend for someone looking for an easy, cheesy, romance novel.
Katie
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this. It was such a fun read. I would recommend this to any Jane the Virgin fans, however if you are not the biggest fan of the show this would not be as enjoyable. I loved that I got the Jane the Virgin vibes from this book and I loved getting to see all my favourite characters in the historical setting as well.
Mel | abookishmel
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a perfect pick me up kind of read. The writing isn’t the best and if you haven’t seen Jane The Virgin I don’t think you’d appreciate it as much as someone who has but the story is sweet and can easily be read in one sitting.

In the beginning it’s like the tv show but then it veers and it was actually very entertaining. I wasn’t expecting much from it but I’m glad I picked it up.
Amy Vitt
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was super pointless, but it's still fun that it exists.
Louis Van de Putte
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
In short it's a copy-paste of the Jane The Virgin Series but in the 1900's.
  • Enchanted (Bewitched, #3)
  • Meredith Out of the Darkness (Meredith, #1)
  • Downton Abbey: The Complete Scripts, Season Two
  • Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish: A Halloween Romance (Crazy, Sexy, Ghoulish, #1)
  • Breaking Bad: The Official Book
  • A Summer for Scandal (Arroyo Blanco, 1)
  • Disappear Home
  • Hindsight
  • The Rebel's Own
  • Dead Light March (Shadowshaper #1.6)
  • The Woman in Black and Other Ghost Stories: The Collected Ghost Stories of Susan Hill
  • Darkbound (Legacy of Moonset, #2)
  • Stealing Time (Servants of Fate, #1)
  • Fashionably Undead
  • Wallaby Track (Outback Sagas)
  • Honor Among Thieves (The Honorables, #1)
  • The Physics of Star Wars: The Science Behind a Galaxy Far, Far Away
  • Zombie Baseball Beatdown
Jane Villanueva is a fictional character, portrayed by Gina Rodriguez, on the TV series Jane the Virgin. The novel Snow Falling (ghostwritten by Caridad Piñeiro) is released to coincide with the TV episode in which Jane becomes a published author.