Start by marking “Second Chance (Violet Hill #3)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance (Violet Hill #3)

Second Chance

(Violet Hill #3)

Serena Nolan's summer isn't going how she planned. Fortunately, her cousin, Anna, is there to rescue her from spending her time off from college with parents who don't understand (or want to understand) her. Serena's thrilled to be living with Anna and her girlfriend, Lacey in Lacey's studio, and working in the Violet Hill Cafe. She's even adores Lacey's cat, Murder.

What
Published August 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance

Start your review of Second Chance (Violet Hill #3)
Kara
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second Chance (Violet Hill #3) is the third of three novella length (2 hours) stories that feature friends and family members who work at, or frequent, an LGBTQ friendly cafe.

Second Chance is similar to the first book, in that one MC left the other several years ago, and now wantswait for it.a second chance.

But Second Chance is also like the second book, in that we learn about the characters, and as they discuss the break up and parents, I became invested in their relationship. Both Serena and
Charlotte Anne Hamilton
[[5 STARS]]

this was such a cute wee novella and everything i needed today. also the mc is bi/demisexual & demiromantic, the exact same as me and this is the first time I've ever seen myself in a book and I'm so emotional okay??
Laura (bbliophile)
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f-romance
This was so so cute! This entire series made me so happy
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Full review originally posted on my blog: Word Wonders

THIS ONE WAS SO FUCKING GOOD!! It doesnt follow any of the characters we meet in the previous book (although I was betting all my money on a girl we meet in book 2) but still ties in perfectly with the story.

The MC is Second Chance is Serena, Annas cousin and very close friend and shes a demiromantic demisexual bisexual girl and DO YOU KNOW HOW HAPPY I WAS to see the demiromantic part of my identity represented for the first time ever?
Claudie Arseneault
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: aromantic, asexual, lgbt
Second Chance is an adorable, fluffy love story, and I wish I had enjoyed it more than I did. It feels like I could never get *into* it. I kept reading, and thinking "this is nice" and also "I feel I should be more excited about this". In my opinion, the problem is that for a story that is all about rebuilding bridges from a broken relationship, you never get to know exactly what happened. When it comes to showing that they are very into each other, Cameron does a great job. When it comes to ...more
Romie
It was cute? That's fore sure. But this story look too much like the first one to truly surprise me.

It's about demiromantic, demisexual, bisexual Serena, coming home from uni for the Summer holidays. Because her parents don't accept her being queer, she decides to live with her cousin, Anna and Anna's gf, Lacey. She starts working at Violet Hill, and there she fins herself face to face with her high school girlfriend, Fiona. Thing is, she never stopped being in love with Fiona.

Like I said, it
Chiara
My favourite of the series. Though I wish there had been more exploration of the character's demisexuality and demiromanticism but since she was reconnecting with a previous partner those feelings were already established (and she noted that, too).
Amber
A similar plot to the first one, but still enjoyable.
Flor
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
2.5
Elke
This, again, was pretty cute! I loved that the mc was bi and demiromantic and demisexual, and that she mentioned all those things. It makes me happy when I see people acknowledging that romantic and sexual orientation can be different.
I also loved that the name tags at Violet Hill had pronouns on them, and that the line "she has a girlfriend and a partner" was used, implying a polya side character.

The second story was probably my favourite, but I'm glad this series exists and grateful for the
camila ❅
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This is everything, she said as the sun peeked over the horizon and set the sky on fire.
Youre everything, I said. I was only looking at her. At her wonder as another day began.

Estos libros han sido cortos pero demasiado adorables <3
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
rep: bisexual, demisexual, and demiromantic main character, queer love interest, lgbt+ side characters

full review here.
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Full review to come on Books and Ladders!
Michelle
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
It's wrong for me to mark this 3 stars b/c I wanted more sex, but I wanted more sex. I've read/listened to enough mmf mm mf books that have loads of sex. Some good, some ok, some down right awful and unrealistic. What I have yet to read/listen to is a good ff story with good sex. It seems it's always more fade to black. I get better mf pussy eating in my books and was really hoping for some great ff pussy eating in this series. Is that too much to ask? I guess so since this is book 3 of a ff ...more
Xan West

I enjoyed this fluffy first summer after starting college second chance with your high school girlfriend who broke your heart story. It felt very NA in all the right ways, so specific to that time of life. I love the queer haven the characters create/find away from their parents. I found the demisexual and demiromantic representation mostly incidental, but with nice quiet moments of recognition.

Content Warnings (view spoiler)
A.R. Hellbender
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This one wasnt as good as the first two, because I felt like we didnt get to know the main characters of this one as well. I feel like that is partially because the story telling involved a lot more being explicitly told to the reader by the first-person narrator, which wasnt the case in the first 2 books.
And since this is a fluffy love story, how well it works for the reader is very dependent on how well we know the characters
pi
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you ever need a book to cheer you up, go read one of Chelsea M. Cameron's stories because she writes the cutest f/f romances 😍💕 I just finished reading SECOND CHANCE, which features a demisexual, demiromantic, bi MC, and I loved it! 💜 Give me all the novellas in the Violet Hill series, because I can't get enough of them 💖
Shreeya
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
What a heckin' disappointment. I was hoping these stories would get better as we moved on, but they didn't. I felt no connection to the characters at all, they had no personalities and I didn't even care that they got together. I actually think it would have been more radical for them to have become friends again instead of falling back into a relationship.
Lorna Victoria
Apr 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Super cute and my favourite of the three I think, BUT they all flirt with being formulaic and thus very similar. It doesn't help that the narrator's voice is the same in all the Violet Hill novellas. Still, they're not bad for a quick hit of f/f romance.
Riska Sleepless
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this bc a-spec mc but it was kinda boring?
Heatherblakely
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, own
3.5
Angie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f
Creí que Anna y Lacey se habían tardado en estar juntas, pero Serena y Fiona les ganaron por goleada. A pesar de eso y de que el final se me hizo muy apresurado me gustó bastante la historia.
Miss Dramarama
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, f-f, new-adult
This one was so cute omg :(
Chelsea slytherink
Serena, the protagonist in Second Chance, is demisexual, demiromantic and bisexual. It was really nice to see such representation in a book.

I think my main problem with this series is the writing. Its not convincing. The characters nor the plot seem authentic and sometimes, the writing is just plain awkward. Serena for instance thought A few lemon slices landed in my glass, but I didnt care. Then why mention it? This doesnt add anything to the story, its just filler. There are plenty of similar
kory.
#1 Second Kiss ★★☆☆☆
#2 Double Exposure ★☆☆☆☆
#3 Second Chance ★★☆☆☆

This one was...a little better than the others? I mean, none of them are amazing or my favorite, but this one annoyed me the least.

I love that Serena is demi bi, and actually uses those words. Yay for on page rep, especially when it's an underrepresented identity.

My parents didn't understand my demisexuality or my demiromanticism or my bisexuality

Being demi, I usually only went for people that I had a deep connection, like
Kristīne Vītola
(demisexual protagonist (Serena), in f/f romantic relationship)
Claudie's review

• Tell Me How You Really Feel
  • All That Lies Within
  • Knit One, Girl Two
  • Sunsets and Shades
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • Oath of Honor (First Responders, #3)
  • Dating Sarah Cooper
  • Plus 1
  • Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
Chelsea M. Cameron is a New York Times/USA Today/Internationally Best Selling author from Maine who now lives and works in Boston. She's a red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader, and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, getting brunch with her partner, tweeting, and playing fetch with her cat, Sassenach. She has a ...more

Violet Hill (3 books)
  • Second Kiss (Violet Hill #1)
  • Double Exposure (Violet Hill #2)