Start by marking “Queens of Fennbirn (Three Dark Crowns, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Queens of Fennbirn (Three Dark Crowns, #0.5)

Queens of Fennbirn

(Three Dark Crowns 0.5)

Uncover the sisters’ origins, dive deep into the catastrophic reign of the Oracle Queen, and reveal layers of Fennbirn’s past, hidden until now.

The Young Queens

Get a glimpse of triplet queens Mirabella, Arsinoe, and Katharine during a short period of time when they protected and loved one another. From birth until their claiming ceremonies, this is the story of the three s
Published April 3rd 2018 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Queens of Fennbirn, please sign up.
Emily Castillo Also, definitely read 1 and 2 first, because The Young Queens (the first Novella in The Queens of Fennbirn) has some spoilers. Not a ton but a few.
Meghan I think because the two novellas that make up this book are available on Kindle separately as The Oracle Queen and The Young Queens.

Cesar
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Queens of Fennbirn took me by surprise. I usually don't read novellas that often. The last one I've read was the two prequel novellas from the Red Queen series and I thought they were both crap since they didn't really offer much and the stories were not that interesting. But with Queens of Fennbirn, I went into it with a decent amount of expectation since I do like the series. And I liked the two stories I was presented with.

The book is split between two short stories. The Young Queens t
Victoria Scott
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read where it's a compilation of novellas, and I absolutely loved it! THE ORACLE QUEEN was my fav, but I also liked all the backstory of the three queens as children too. Can't wait until Kendare's third book drops! Gimme!
Fables&Wren
Feb 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
*patiently waits*
You know, I’m really not good at this.
Gabry
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ho amato ed adorato entrambe le novelle, soprattutto la seconda! Ormai sono innamorata del mondo creato dalla Blake.
Sheila Goicea
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Three Dark Thrones Series
description

Three Young Queens

This prequel to the Three Dark Crowns series serves mainly as a detail-gap filler. While there are some moments of enlightenment as we peek into the past, there isn't really any big reveal

Despite that fact, I simply enjoyed being back on the island of Fennbirn whilst waiting for The Oracle Queen and the third book in the series to come out in 2018.

I loved how the point-of-view followed the same rhythm of the other books in this series. It switches between multiple (different
Elisa
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: worth-re-reading
I have just finished this glorious morsel of darkness, and I’m so many things: horrified, enthralled, enchanted and a little heartbroken.

These novellas are INCREDIBLE. They may be short, but the way they enrich the story and our connection with the characters is just... so unexpected.
I don’t know how Kendare Blake manages to evoke such complete, vivid scenes in so few words, how she reveals terrible truths without spelling them out, how she conveys images so clearly without getting over-descri
Julie
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Young Queens: 3.5 Stars
Honestly I don't remember anything significant from this. I enjoyed it and it was nice seeing the queens' childhoods. Although, I was hoping that this was going to be about the queens together at the cottage and I'm kind of disappointed that it wasn't. It was still good nonetheless.

The Oracle Queen: 5 stars
Oh my GOD. This made me SOOOO angry. I wanted to fight EVERYBODY that fucked with Elsabet. She didn't deserve any of it!!! The Arrons are TRASH. William and Joseph
Vanessa
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Note: I'll be discussing some general plot points, but no spoilers for books 1 or 2 (or 3, which I haven't read yet) that aren't enclosed in a spoiler tag.

My favorite currently running fantasy series is Kendare Blake's Fennbirn books and it's sheer joy to return, even though double-crossings and assassinations occur there on the daily.

This paperback collects two prequel novellas that were previously only available in epub format. And cheers to you Harper Teen, because try as I might, I still h
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating ~3.5

A pleasant little duo of novellas.

Of the two though, The Oracle Queen is definitely stronger as it certainly adds to mythology and the continuous amount of misunderstandings and misrepresentations of queens long past. And now we know two things, being an Oracle Queen does not drive one to madness. And two, the Arron’s will truly stop at nothing to claim and hold onto power. Vicious snakes.
Kelly
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would definitely at least read Three Dark Crowns before the novellas, as there are a couple of spoilers in the first novella.

The Young Queens- 4.5 stars.
I loved this one, seeing the queens as sisters and friends, before they were separated due to their destiny. They were really sweet as children and it also describes their birth and a certain something that happens at the time. Reading through the scene where their guardians collected them was so heart-breaking and the aftermath of it for eac
Ashley Gallegos
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love how this novella foreshadows what happens in the main series politically. It totally shows how the main families create the rhetoric and makes you think about what is happening in our own world.
The Enchanted Library
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My heart is beating so fast💕
Such an incredible novella

Fortunately I already had Two Dark Reigns... even if I'm not entirely sure I want to start it straightaway 'cause it may provoke me a real heart attack 😂
Hannah Rodgman
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was really good! I certainly felt sorrow for ally’s characters, especially Elizabet.

I certainly recommend this series, it really is very good!!

Happy reading!

Hannah xoxo
Jordan Finch
Two great little novellas that further the story of the queens of Fennrbirn, both past and present.

Three Young Queens gives a brief glimpse into the younger lives of Queens Mirabella, Arsinoe, and Katharine, from their birth to after their separation. It's interesting to get a bit of perspective from their mother, Queen Camille, and to learn why she (view spoiler). From there, we see the queens as they begin to grow older, beginning with their lives
Jenn
This world that Kendare Blake has created within Fennbirn is so magical and twisted that when this novella set was announced, I knew I had to get my hands on it.

The Young Queens
Here we get to meet Mirabella, Arisone, and Katharine as children. We get to see their mother as she gives birth to them and giant deception she decides to play, knowing what will come of her girls. We then jump to when the girls are 6 and ready to go to their respective houses. The picture Blake paints here is of innoce
Clumsy Hobbit 🍄
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I cannot express...how pissed off I was at the ending of this...
Nadine
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second story killed me. It was so, so good. All the emotions. Just...damn. I can't even make full sentences anymore, that's how good it was.

I liked the first story as well, but I just wish the focus were more on the sisters when they were still together. I did really like how some things that were only ever mentioned in the books were addressed and explained.

These novellas are just the perfect prequels to the Three Dark Crowns series.
Maud
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella
The Young Queens - 4 stars
I loved getting to see our queens as young girls, I think it explained a lot about their personalities and motivations. The story was a bit chopped up though, jumping years into the future after a couple of chapters, which didn't make the story flow for me. Still very enjoyable though!

The Oracle Queen - 5 stars
This one was so good! The Oracle Queen is mentioned a couple of times in this series and it was great seeing her in this book. We know how it ends and even though
Nicole Alycia
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
I absolutely loved both of these short stories!

The Young Queens:
I loved reading about the three queens when they were younger. How they came to be in the households they were placed in and how they were treated once they got their. It gave a lot of background information that was really nice to have and there was even something in the story that I totally expected but it was nice to have it confirmed!

The Oracle Queen:

The story of Queen Elsabet and how she was to be the last oracle Queen... it re
Lyndsay
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-read
The Young Queens
The first novella in this bind-up takes place from the time that the three queens, Katharine, Arsinoe, and Mirabella, are born all the way through basically 2 years before Three Dark Crowns starts. I really liked this because it was nice to see our three main characters in their early years and get context for some things that were mentioned in Three Dark Crowns. I love this world and I knowing more about the three queens. This covered a variety of events so some of the parts fel
kiko
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't normally Like novella bindups,,but this was great.
trufflebooks
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-read, 2018
4.5/5 STARS. Mini-Review is up on my July Wrap Up post on my blog!
Luna
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3.75*

This was really nice to read and I liked both stories and I ADORED THE SIDE CHARACTERS IN THE ORACLE QUEEN ROSAMUND IS MY BADASS REDHEAD WARRIOR AND I LOVE HER
The Converted Bookworm
Queens of Fennbirn 4.5 stars

[image error]

I have been in the biggest book slump, and this is the first book I have read since the start of that. I have to say I did enjoy this because it gave more insight into this already beautiful world. It follows the 3 queens before the events of the first book, and I loved every part of it.

It gave Kathrine a more human side? Idk how to say it. After this book I like her a bit more, and it flushed out her character more. She actually love
Kalkunium
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this universe and the characters and the magic and agoejpfdk.

The Young Queens:
This didn't have a specific plot since it was just backstory for the characters in Three Dark Crowns. But it was interesting to see things that are talked about so much in the series.

The Oracle Queen:
Elsabet deserves a whole book, tbh. But I'll take what I can get.

Basically this book covered some Important Stuff that are talked about in the main series that happened long ago. Though you could probably read The
Tom Malinowski
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Two e-novellas now published in print form.

The Young Queens features the Katharine, Arsinoe, and Mirabella when they're born, separated when they're six, and years later before Three Dark Thrones. I highly recommend you DO NOT read this first although this is the prequel as it gives away a hint of how the first book ended.

The Oracle Queen is about the reign of Elsabet 500 years previously. Although she's supposed to see the future, her corrupt council has other plans to put Elsabet in line.

Two
Alex_Neige
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 Stars !!!!

The young queen aspect of this book wasn’t as interesting as the oracle queen. I was fuming when reading about poor Queen Elabet. My takeaway from these two short stories is that the Arron’s desperately need to rebrand themselves, they are the Slytherins of Fennbirn. Not all of them are bad, but, the only ones that have power and wealth are. #JusticeforElabet
-`ˏ Bridget ϟ
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Oh my gosh this was SO good.

This is a combination of both the Three Young Queens and the Oracle Queen.

Both were enjoyable and a great accompaniment to the overall series, but the Oracle Queen was... so, so, SO good!

My god. Francesca Arron was wretched. I was literally in a rage just reading some of her parts. Ugh. What an awful person!
Katie (Melting Pages)
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such great insight into the series, especially The Oracle Queen! That one made me so angry, but it made a lot of sense. If you have read or plan on reading this series, this is a great addition to give you some context to both the last oracle queen as well as the current generation of queens!
Alexa Ulion
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading about our 3 queens young lives the most. I loved seeing how much they cared for eachother. Didnt love The Oracle Queen as much but liked seeing just how much damage the Arrons have truly done in their time.
Goodreads Librari...: Page Count isn't correct 3 17 Jul 06, 2018 05:31PM
So, I write books. The Anna Dressed in Blood duo is horror, The Goddess War trilogy is mythology, and Sleepwalk Society is contemporary, because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some. Love to read, too. Fiction, philosophy, good books, bad books, because you take the good you take the bad you take them both and there you have a st ...more

Three Dark Crowns (4 books)
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)
  • Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)
  • Untitled (Three Dark Crowns, #4)