Start by marking “Queens of Fennbirn (Three Dark Crowns, #0.1-0.2)” as Want to Read:
Queens of Fennbirn (Three Dark Crowns, #0.1-0.2)

Queens of Fennbirn

(Three Dark Crowns #0.1-0.2)

Uncover the sisters’ origins, dive deep into the catastrophic reign of the Oracle Queen, and reveal layers of Fennbirn’s past, hidden until now.

The Young Queens

Get a glimpse of triplet queens Mirabella, Arsinoe, and Katharine during a short period of time when they protected and loved one another. From birth until their claiming ceremonies, this is the story of the three s
Published April 3rd 2018 by Quill Tree Books

To ask other readers questions about Queens of Fennbirn, please sign up.
Tijen Just to be safe, you should probably read #1 Three dark Crowns and #2 One Dark throne then read the first two prequels. I have not read the third preq…moreJust to be safe, you should probably read #1 Three dark Crowns and #2 One Dark throne then read the first two prequels. I have not read the third prequel so I am not sure.(less)
Kaitlyn It means that the person has more than one gift. Anyone who is legion cursed goes mad due to the immense power that more than one gift provides.

Start your review of Queens of Fennbirn (Three Dark Crowns, #0.1-0.2)
Cesar
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Queens of Fennbirn took me by surprise. I usually don't read novellas that often. The last one I've read was the two prequel novellas from the Red Queen series and I thought they were both crap since they didn't really offer much and the stories were not that interesting. But with Queens of Fennbirn, I went into it with a decent amount of expectation since I do like the series. And I liked the two stories I was presented with.

The book is split between two short stories. The Young Queens t

T H E Y O U N G Q U E E N S
★★★.5

T H E O R A C L E Q U E E N
★★★★★

trigger warnings: childbirth, bleeding, sex with a minor (he's 17, she's 22), forced family separation, poisoning, gore, death, murder, cheating.
Victoria Scott
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read where it's a compilation of novellas, and I absolutely loved it! THE ORACLE QUEEN was my fav, but I also liked all the backstory of the three queens as children too. Can't wait until Kendare's third book drops! Gimme!
Wren (fablesandwren)
*patiently waits*
You know, I’m really not good at this.
Sheila Goicea
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Three Dark Thrones Series
description

Three Young Queens

This prequel to the Three Dark Crowns series serves mainly as a detail-gap filler. While there are some moments of enlightenment as we peek into the past, there isn't really any big reveal

Despite that fact, I simply enjoyed being back on the island of Fennbirn whilst waiting for The Oracle Queen and the third book in the series to come out in 2018.

I loved how the point-of-view followed the same rhythm of the other books in this series. It switches between multiple (different
Charlie
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fan-freaking-tastic!! 5 deadly stars!

After weeks of not finishing books, I think this has pulled me from my reading slump.

The first story was a good read, a good insight into the queens as girls. The second story was amazing! I'm devastated, I was NOT expecting that ending at all! I can;t believe what they did to their queen, it's not right!!

This is a definite read for fans of the series. It was great to be back in Fennbirn and I'm really looking forward to reading book 3.
Elisa
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have just finished this glorious morsel of darkness, and I’m so many things: horrified, enthralled, enchanted and a little heartbroken.

These novellas are INCREDIBLE. They may be short, but the way they enrich the story and our connection with the characters is just... so unexpected.
I don’t know how Kendare Blake manages to evoke such complete, vivid scenes in so few words, how she reveals terrible truths without spelling them out, how she conveys images so clearly without getting over-descri
Julie
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Young Queens: 3.5 Stars
Honestly I don't remember anything significant from this. I enjoyed it and it was nice seeing the queens' childhoods. Although, I was hoping that this was going to be about the queens together at the cottage and I'm kind of disappointed that it wasn't. It was still good nonetheless.

The Oracle Queen: 5 stars
Oh my GOD. This made me SOOOO angry. I wanted to fight EVERYBODY that fucked with Elsabet. She didn't deserve any of it!!! The Arrons are TRASH. William and Joseph
Romie
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
some novellas add nothing to the entire story, but these two? they added so much. in the first one we get to know more about Arsinoe, Mirabella and Katharine. we learn about their childhood, what happened once they were taken away from each other. it adds so much background story. and in the second novella we learn about a queen who lived 500 years prior the story, and at first you don't think it'll be that important to the story, but to me it was. it highlights how much the queens are being pla ...more
Vanessa
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Note: I'll be discussing some general plot points, but no spoilers for books 1 or 2 (or 3, which I haven't read yet) that aren't enclosed in a spoiler tag.

My favorite currently running fantasy series is Kendare Blake's Fennbirn books and it's sheer joy to return, even though double-crossings and assassinations occur there on the daily.

This paperback collects two prequel novellas that were previously only available in epub format. And cheers to you Harper Teen, because try as I might, I still h
Cindy ✩☽♔
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating ~3.5

A pleasant little duo of novellas.

Of the two though, The Oracle Queen is definitely stronger as it certainly adds to mythology and the continuous amount of misunderstandings and misrepresentations of queens long past. And now we know two things, being an Oracle Queen does not drive one to madness. And two, the Arron’s will truly stop at nothing to claim and hold onto power. Vicious snakes.
Kelly
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would definitely at least read Three Dark Crowns before the novellas, as there are a couple of spoilers in the first novella.

The Young Queens- 4.5 stars.
I loved this one, seeing the queens as sisters and friends, before they were separated due to their destiny. They were really sweet as children and it also describes their birth and a certain something that happens at the time. Reading through the scene where their guardians collected them was so heart-breaking and the aftermath of it for eac
Ashley

I really enjoyed this novella collection. It packed the same intense punch that the novels do, except in a shorter story form. Both of the Novellas were really enjoyable. Do you need to read these? Will you be missing something from the series as a whole if you don't? Maybe not, but, if you're already a fan of the series, reading this is just a way to get a little more of it. I would recommend reading these two novellas (or this collection) after reading the first two books in the series, becaus
Eleanor
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My heart is beating so fast💕
Such an incredible novella

Fortunately I already had Two Dark Reigns... even if I'm not entirely sure I want to start it straightaway 'cause it may provoke me a real heart attack 😂
Carmen Allegra
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I cannot express...how pissed off I was at the ending of this...
Literary Han
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was really good! I certainly felt sorrow for ally’s characters, especially Elizabet.

I certainly recommend this series, it really is very good!!

Happy reading!

Hannah xoxo
Paige
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Liked the second story much better than the first, but not as much as the original series.
Jordan Lynch
Two great little novellas that further the story of the queens of Fennrbirn, both past and present.

Three Young Queens gives a brief glimpse into the younger lives of Queens Mirabella, Arsinoe, and Katharine, from their birth to after their separation. It's interesting to get a bit of perspective from their mother, Queen Camille, and to learn why she (view spoiler). From there, we see the queens as they begin to grow older, beginning with their lives
Jenn
This world that Kendare Blake has created within Fennbirn is so magical and twisted that when this novella set was announced, I knew I had to get my hands on it.

The Young Queens
Here we get to meet Mirabella, Arisone, and Katharine as children. We get to see their mother as she gives birth to them and giant deception she decides to play, knowing what will come of her girls. We then jump to when the girls are 6 and ready to go to their respective houses. The picture Blake paints here is of innoce
Christine Spoors
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
This was such an interesting book, two novellas set years before the first book in the series. I really loved learning about the girls before the series and also about the last oracle queen and the island's history. I flew through this in a few hours and now I can't wait to read the next book, Two Dark Reigns, and dive back into this dark twisted world! ...more
Ashley Gallegos
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love how this novella foreshadows what happens in the main series politically. It totally shows how the main families create the rhetoric and makes you think about what is happening in our own world.
Steffi au Penguin
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019

The first shortstory about the childhood of young Queens really gave some more insight on side characters such as Willa, Queen Camille or Caragh! On top, it seems like Arsinoe, Katherine an Mira loved each and honestly, I don't want to read Five Dark Fates anymore. I imagine it won't have a Happy Ending for all three of them.

As for the second story, it just shows how corrupt the Black Council was in the past. How many lengths people will go in order to achieve power, no matter the cost.
Kimberley doruyter
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
the young queens is not for those who have not yet read three dark crowns, the twist will be given away. since i worked it out before being half way through three dark crowns it didn't matter that much.
the oracle queen show what asses the poisoners really are, and that they have always wanted power not really theres to take.
Sara ❀
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
i knew you couldn't trust Arrons
Hailee
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars.
Nadine
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second story killed me. It was so, so good. All the emotions. Just...damn. I can't even make full sentences anymore, that's how good it was.

I liked the first story as well, but I just wish the focus were more on the sisters when they were still together. I did really like how some things that were only ever mentioned in the books were addressed and explained.

These novellas are just the perfect prequels to the Three Dark Crowns series.
Maud
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella
The Young Queens - 4 stars
I loved getting to see our queens as young girls, I think it explained a lot about their personalities and motivations. The story was a bit chopped up though, jumping years into the future after a couple of chapters, which didn't make the story flow for me. Still very enjoyable though!

The Oracle Queen - 5 stars
This one was so good! The Oracle Queen is mentioned a couple of times in this series and it was great seeing her in this book. We know how it ends and even though
Nicole Alycia
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
I absolutely loved both of these short stories!

The Young Queens:
I loved reading about the three queens when they were younger. How they came to be in the households they were placed in and how they were treated once they got their. It gave a lot of background information that was really nice to have and there was even something in the story that I totally expected but it was nice to have it confirmed!

The Oracle Queen:

The story of Queen Elsabet and how she was to be the last oracle Queen... it re
Lyndsay
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-read
The Young Queens
The first novella in this bind-up takes place from the time that the three queens, Katharine, Arsinoe, and Mirabella, are born all the way through basically 2 years before Three Dark Crowns starts. I really liked this because it was nice to see our three main characters in their early years and get context for some things that were mentioned in Three Dark Crowns. I love this world and I knowing more about the three queens. This covered a variety of events so some of the parts fel
Leandra
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i cannot believe how much this novella collection (a novella collection, of all things!) has affected me.

the young queens was so refreshing, seeing the three queens before the ascension as children gave so much insight to all the things that have happened that raised questions in my mind.

and the oracle queen!! my absolute favourite. everything about this novella from beginning to end had me interested and i could not put this book down!
Goodreads Librari...: Page Count isn't correct 3 18 Jul 07, 2018 02:31AM

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Four Dead Queens
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
  • Evermore (Everless, #2)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • Sea Witch Rising (Sea Witch, #2)
So, I write books. The Anna Dressed in Blood duo is horror, The Goddess War trilogy is mythology, and Three Dark Crowns is fantasy, because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some. Love to read, too. Fiction, philosophy, good books, bad books, because you take the good you take the bad you take them both and there you have a stack o ...more

Three Dark Crowns (4 books)
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)
  • Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)