Start by marking “Love Uncovered” as Want to Read:
Love Uncovered

Love Uncovered

(Babes of Brighton #2)

Independent woman to her core, Brooke Archer has always been happy to hit it and quit it with the men in her life. But when her beloved Nan suffers from poor health, Brooke realises just how precious life is and decides it’s time to face her daddy issues and seek out her estranged father. Without so much as a name or photo, and a cagey Mum withholding vital information, it ...more
Published September 27th 2017 by Laura Barnard

To ask other readers questions about Love Uncovered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Uncovered

Start your review of Love Uncovered
Siobhan
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Earlier this year I read Excess Baggage, the first Babes of Brighton book. It was my first Laura Barnard book, and I loved it. I knew within chapters that I would be reading more of her work. When I reached the end of the book only to find out there was the possibility of getting a story for some of the other characters – well, I was so game. In fact, I was crazy excited. I wanted more. Not just a single additional story – I wanted all of the characters to get a story.

It looks like my wish may c
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I definitely couldn’t rely on mum or my ugly half-sisters Anastasia and Drizzela (it’s actually Avery and Madison, but I prefer to call them after the ugly stepsisters in Cinderella). To put it mildly, they’re vile.

I am not a homophobe. It’s just that it’s not safe for a pretty guy like me. I mean, it’s like dangling some prime rib eye steak in front of some hungry hyenas and trying to tell them they can’t have it.

His hands find my hair, pulling it back so I don’t vomit into it.
mrsljgibbs
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Here’s my review, which has also been left in all the usual places!! 🥰

A very big thank you goes to Laura for a copy of this book in return for an honest review.
This is book 2 in the Babes Of Brighton series but each book can be read as a stand alone.
This book features Brooke, who is a ‘love em and leave em’ kinda girl but when her Nan becomes ill she decides that she needs to find her estranged father.
Along the way she meets Nicholas who is all kinds of wrong for her.......
I read this book reall
ItaPixie
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

Love Uncovered was a nice,quick read but there are also some sad past stories that still affect our main characters bringing some tears to the readers' eyes.I've enjoyed every facet of this story.

Brooke,our heroine,didn't find atractive the taciturn Nicholas the first time they met but now after a little time she can't ignore their over the top sexual tension and she can't run away from him anymore.
You can see their bond growing page after page and see that they are perfect for each other...you

Carrie Elks
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Uncovered is a funny, emotional and touching story. Brooke is a strong woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go for it, but Nicholas isn't her type at all. Yet from that start there's a spark between them, one that neither of them can ignore. I loved reading about their rollercoaster of a relationship, and was rooting for them to have a happy-ever-after. I read this book in a day - it's one of those stories you don't want to put down until you get to the end!
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Brooke Archer has always been the wild one in the group, but little did everyone know what pains she has to endure, starting with her alcoholic mom and two evil step(half)sisters and not knowing who her real father is. At some point, she longs for undivided attention from one of the men she's dating, but sadly, an indecent toilet scene just leads her to false hopes. Now she's decided to find out more about her own father's identity and in doing so, she finds an ally in the form of heavily tatted ...more
Tracey
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*This ARC was received in exchange for an honest review*
This is the story of Brooke Archer, has casual sex with the men in her life but when she doesn’t see her life going anywhere she feels she has daddy issues and needs to find out who he is, but her mother doesn’t want to give out this information, so Brooke goes a different route.

Brooke and her friends had been seeing the guys from Peterborough and Brooke had been seeing Tom, one of the group, but when she found him in the disable toilet giv
Crystal Wilke
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love Uncovered is the second book in the Babes of Brighton. I was hooked from the beginning. I enjoyed Nicholas & Brooke's story. The chemistry between the character was hot. Love Uncovered will make you laugh, make you happy, sad, teary eyed and it has twist n turns. I can't wait to see what happens next in this series.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC for this book.
Lisa M
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A super quick read that was great to fly through! I've read all 3 books in the series and the 3rd book was my favourite but this (2nd - I read out of order) was good to meet the other characters in more detail. They could be read as standalone and I would definitely read more from this author as the stories were all very readable and sometimes it's lovely to read a whole book in 1 sitting!
Lindsay
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
AUDIOBOOK REVIEW

Another great audio by this author. These are always full of fun and mischief and have very relatable characters which I loved although it appears I listened to book three before book two lol. I love this gang of friends and their stories as it brings up some really good memories for me from friends over the years
Charlie Matthews
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**Arc received in exchange for an honest review**

I have to start this review by saying how utterly ashamed I am of myself. I only discovered this authors works during the summer. I had purchased a paperback of Excess Baggage—Erica and Jack's story—at a signing I attended earlier in the year. I was instantly drawn in by the quirky front covers and knew I had to purchase one.

When I went into the first book, I went in completely blind. I didn't read the blurb, nor did I check out reviews or anythi
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Love Uncovered by Laura Barnard

4* review by Nicole @ EBR---->

Love Uncovered initially drew my attention because of the ridiculously cute and colourful cover art, but then the blurb got me all intrigued and I knew I had to have this book in my life.

I’ve attempted to sit down and write this review no less than three times since completing the book on Friday (it’s now Sunday afternoon).  There are so many facets of this book that sparkle and shine and a few that dulled the romance and beauty of it
Badass Bloggettes
Love Uncovered is my second book by Laura Barnard and the second book in the Babes of Brighton series. I like series about a group of friends when each book is a standalone focusing on one couple, and the other friends wander in and out of the story.

Love Uncovered is Brooke and Nicholas’ story. Honestly, I didn’t expect Brooke to be with Nicholas in this book. In my mind, Brooke would pull Tom out of his “man-whore” ways, and they would find a solid connection. That isn’t what happens, and I lik
Aisling Cooper
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love uncovered is the 2nd book in the babes of Brighton series and is Brooke's story and a lot like Excess Baggage it did not disappoint!

I loved Brooke she is smart and quick witted but is flawed. I like that she doesn't need to try and be someone else and is ok with who she and doesn't care what others think.

Brooke has never been in love and doesn't know what love is and believes that it isn't real. She loves to party and loves her nan and the occasional hookup and point blank does not do rel
Claire Thake
This is the second book in the Babes of Brighton series but can be read as a standalone, and if you have read the first book Excess Baggage, you will be already familiar with the characters, although not a problem if you haven't.

This book sees the story in the point of view of Brooke. Brooke is loud, sassy and in your face, but in this story, we get to see a totally different side to her and see that under all the bravado, she is quite a vulnerable person with a lot of her mind.

Along comes Nich
Clare
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Love Uncovered is the second book in the Babes of Brighton series and the first book that I have read by this author.
The story is based around Brooke who basically just doesn't get attached to anyone or anything as she has always felt that she is unloved and unwanted by her family. She finds it hard to let anyone in and get close to her which causes her to go through a string of men to fill her needs with casual sex, none of which helps with her issues with trusting someone. Brooke meets Nichola
Louise Roach
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: standalone, humour, series
I wish I could say this book did more for me than it actually did. I read this as a standalone, and did not read the first book in the series (excess Baggage). This was fine and I would say it can definitely be read as a standalone. If you have read book 1 though, then you will no doubt want to read book 2, as there is a follow on to the story between Jack and Erica.

The characters in this book are flawed and lacking in a lot of self-confidence and both have trust issues. Brooke has men in her l
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. Being a person who has always had trust issues and had to conquer that, when I moved, I soon found myself connecting with someone, on a level I never expected, we are now married. So this book, with it’s trust issues, health issues and more, I really found myself getting connected with the characters, the emotions and truly found myself giggling at moments and maybe getting a little teary eyed on many occasions.

Laura has really done well to give the characters depth, p
Busy Bees
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Star Rating - ****.5

Brooke is not the relationship kind of girl. She likes to have fun and lots of it. Having had a holiday romance with Tom that rocked her world, she couldn't wait to get back into his trousers when the boys come down to Brighton for a weekend trip. However her feelings for Tom don't feel as strong now when she locks eyes with tattooed hunk Nicholas. Was he always that attractive? Nicholas is a self confessed possessive, jealous type who only does relationships and with Brooke
Zetti
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Brooke Archer is a flawed character, she has her wounds, and she has those flaws which do not necessarily define her as a person but it sets the course that she follows within this book. She’s not perfect and I respect that completely because it is normal. I do get that but at the same time I’m reading this book really liking her and the fact that she’s not like other characters. She’s unique and true to herself.

Nicholas Parker is not wanting to jump into a relationship which I’ll admit made me
Natalie Townson
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a fan of Laura Barnard and have enjoyed her books from the very beginning when i read Debt and the Doormat which is still one of my favourite go to funny reads.

I really enjoyed Book one in this series so i was always going to read the second book. The story flows well and it was an easy read, It follows on from book one although can be read as a standalone and does not have to be read in order.

Brooke is very much the life and soul of any party she does not do relationships and treats them
Donna Midgley
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is exactly what I love from Laura Barnard. She is amazing at writing these happily ever after romance stories but with a way of keeping you gripped and willing the couple to get to the end together.
Brooke and Nicholas are amazing characters and I couldn’t help but root for Brooke to see what’s right in front of her. Nicholas’s friend, Tom is Brooke’s hook up buddy from time to time and is a complete and utter player. Tom is a big character and out shines everyone with his charm and seductiv
Suniko
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-review
ARC provided for an honest reviews.

Love Uncovered is the second book in the Babes of Brighton series and the second book that I have read by this author. Love Uncovered can be read as a standalone.

The story line has a unique set up this time around, as we get to see the story through the lenses of Brooke. Who is loud, sassy, and in your face kind of woman. She is not attached to anyone or anything. Nevertheless, this story line provided readers to see a totally different side of her and uncove
Auro Books
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5/5⭐

Thank you so much @laurabarnard for a #gifted copy of Love Uncovered in exchange for my honest opinion.

Love Uncovered is the second book in the Babes of Brighton series and it is as hilarious and fun and cute and sweet as the rest of them!

It reads as a standalone as it follows another girl from this amazing group of friends: Brooke!

If I'm honest, ever since I read Excess Baggage I have been wanting to know more about Brooke as I found her the most interesting character. So when I realise
Lady Living  In Bookland
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Babes of Brighton series sees the return of Brooke Archer. This girl, despite portraying herself as a tough cookie, is really insecure under it all. Between a poor relationship with her mum and half sisters and no dad on the scene (watch this space!) it's no wonder this girl has some trust issues. She's a "love 'em and leave 'em" kind of girl and heck I'm all for this 21st century, modern type of girl! Loved her.

Brooke had a tendency to be needy and more clingy than I thi
Linda Barrett
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love Uncovered is book two of Babes of Brighton series and it's a fabulous 4 star read.
This story is very catchy and gets you addicted from the first chapter.
I loved Brooke in Excess Baggage (Book 1 in the series) and her story definitely didn't disappoint.
I loved Brooke and Nicholas together as their the perfect mix of angst,cuteness and laugh out loud moments.
They're both from troubled pasts so maybe together they can help heal each other.
One minute I was laughing and the next I had tears in
Heather Walker
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Star Rating: *****

Yet another super fast read from Laura Barnard! I polished this one off in just a couple of sittings. What I was anticipating to be Brooke and Tom’s book, was not at all what I got! I got something even better! Who knew I would warm to Nicholas the way I did!

Brooke Archer doesn’t have many people in life who she trusts. She’s got her beloved Nan, but her mother is useless and her evil step-sisters are exactly that! Brooke picks up the courage to find her Dad and stand up to him
Jo Shaw
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Babes of Brighton series and follows the story of Brooke and Nicholas. Both of them have difficult pasts affecting them, and both are able to help one another. I really loved their connection, the jealous controlling Nicholas who was such a gentleman, and the party girl Brooke who was scared to commit to one person. I just love the way Laura Barnard has written all of the Babes, and their boys in such depth that they feel like friends. This story has less humour an ...more
Megan
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019

• Road Trip
  • The Heatwave
  • My Greek Island Summer
  • The What If Guy (The Guys Who Got Away, #2)
  • The Day That Never Comes (The Dublin Trilogy #2)
  • Mr. Knightsbridge
  • In Case You Missed It
  • Breaker: A Brother's Best Friend
  • Home Stretch
  • My Husband's Daughter
  • Enchanted (The Accidental Billionaires #4)
  • The Mexican Home Kitchen: Traditional Home-Style Recipes That Capture the Flavors and Memories of Mexico
  • Captain (Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • Ransomed
  • Dead Pretty
  • The Chalet
  • The Tryptych
  • The Bunk Up (The Village People Book 1)
Amazon Bestselling author Laura Barnard writes British quirky laugh out loud romantic comedy.

She lives in Hertfordshire, UK, with her husband and daughter.

In her spare time she enjoys drinking her body weight in tea, cuddling dogs, indulging in cupcakes and chocolate, setting her friends up together (very successfully), indulging in the power nap and reading past her bedtime.

www.laurabarnardbooks.

Babes of Brighton (3 books)
  • Excess Baggage (A standalone: Babes of Brighton Series Book 1)
  • Bagging Alice