Start by marking “Alan Cole Doesn't Dance (Alan Cole, #2)” as Want to Read:
Alan Cole Doesn't Dance (Alan Cole, #2)

Alan Cole Doesn't Dance

(Alan Cole #2)

Alan Cole is not a coward. Not since he stood up to his brother. Not since he let his friends Zack and Madison into his world. And definitely not since he came out at his school.

But Alan’s got a new host of problems to face. His biggest one: Ron McCaughlin. Ever since Alan revealed he’s gay, Ron has been bullying Alan with relentless fury. Yet Alan can’t tell his parents wh
Published October 9th 2018 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Alan Cole Doesn't Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alan Cole Doesn't Dance

Start your review of Alan Cole Doesn't Dance (Alan Cole, #2)
Josiah
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
CvC, round two? Not quite, but Alan Cole Doesn't Dance does expand on certain themes from Alan Cole Is Not a Coward as the twelve-year-old moves deeper into his seventh-grade year at Evergreen Middle School. The students now know he's attracted to guys rather than girls, as does Alan's brother Nathan, but their parents remain in the dark. Alan's father has backed down a bit on his tyranny, and Nathan no longer bullies Alan, but home life is still tense as Alan's father awaits a promotion at work ...more
Kristel
“You know what a good friend said to me once?”
“What?”
“He said, I’d rather have a hard time being myself than an easy time being somebody else.”
“Whoah.”
“Yeah. You’re being yourself, and that’s what matters.”

Alan made me cry. He did it again with his innocence and good nature and his courage to be himself without having to endure bullism. Standing for himself and for all the people that don’t have the strength to do it. Defeating evil with kindness, with his art, one step at a time. To see the dif
Crimelpoint
Feb 12, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Poprzedni tom średnio mi się podobał. Dlatego dość niechętnie sięgnęłam po ten. jednak okazało się, że ta część jest o wiele lepsza. Bohaterowie są bardziej rozbudowani i już tak nie irytują.

Jednak wciąż była to dość banalna i przewidywalna historia. Od początku jesteśmy w stanie zgadnąć, co się wydarzy na końcu. Fajnie, że autor poruszył poważne tematy, a wątek LGBT nie jest wciśnięty na siłę, jak to było w przypadku 1 części.

Jest to fajna młodzieżówka, ale jednocześnie nie zachwyciła mnie, na
elisa
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
okay so i’d attempt a real review for this but how i feel about this book is how paperbackdreams feels about radio silence

ye Ah

this book like,, trampled over the first one, although admittedly its been a year and a half since i read it, and also, that first one is HARD TO BEAT. this book ran a spear of happiness and absolute determination through my heart. its so GOOD to see a character like alan. he’s genuinely important to me. he’s a realistic 12/13 year old who i can really relate to. hes not
Sarcastic Books
Moim zdaniem ta część jest lepsza od pierwszej i znacznie więcej się w niej dzieje. Ponadto porusza ona ważniejsze oraz bardziej powszechne problemy. Pokazuje jak człowiek powinien walczyć z innymi oraz, że zawsze można się zmienić. Bardzo podobała mi się także nowa postać jaką był Odin. Książkę czytało mi się przyjemnie oraz szybko.
Stacey
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an advance read copy of this book. It was fantastic!

This is the follow-up to the first Alan Cole book (Alan Cole is Not a Coward). Now that Alan is “out” to his entire school, he’s dealing with the aftermath: bullying, uncertainty, understanding friends who don’t quite “get it,” and a new mysterious kid who may or may not hate him. Not to mention that Alan’s former bully brother may or may not still be a bully, and Alan’s parents still don’t know he’s gay. Oh, and Dad’s
Brittany
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, middle-grade
Alan Cole reminds me a bit of Nate from the Better Nate than Ever books and that’s a really good thing. His family is still kind of the worst and I’ll never understand that dynamic and a world in which twelve year old boys have fights and use words such as “hypercritical” and “gall” feels wholly unauthentic, but Alan’s ultimate message of fighting war with kindness wins every time.
Nina
Apr 09, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5
Alan tchórzem na pewno nie jest i może nie tańczy (nie musi 😉), ale się rozwija. Tak jak pozostali bohaterowie powieści , bo najgorsze co może się przydarzyć to to, kiedy bohaterowie tkwią w miejscu. Ciepła i niegłupia to opowieść o dojrzewaniu do bycia lepszym bratem, ojcem, matka, przyjacielem. Bo wszyscy zrobili tu krok na przód. A generalnie o to w życiu chodzi.
Shanna Rogers
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so fortunate to be able to read an early copy of this book-and even in its infancy it was fantastic! But when I got my advance reader copy, I was even more impressed. Great follow-up to ALAN COLE IS NOT A COWARD.
Maddie Clark
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy when Alan and his friends were setting bullies straight and that he found someone else that loves to draw.
Kuragehime
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Można by pomyśleć, że najtrudniejsze w życiu Alana Cole miało już miejsce – w końcu dogadał się z bratem, a całej szkole wyznał prawdę o swojej orientacji seksualnej. Okazuje się, że to dopiero początek jego kłopotów. Teraz, kiedy wszyscy już znają prawdę, chłopak musi zmierzyć się z tym, że nie wszyscy zaakceptują fakt, że jest gejem.

Alan Cole nie tańczy to książka w dużej mierze pokazująca spectrum reakcji na czyjąś odmienną od heteroseksualnej orientację. A zatem znajdziemy tam komentarze w s
Kristin Crouch
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Eric Bell for providing an eARC to #collabookation for review.
I'm going to start by saying if you haven't read Alan Cole is Not a Coward yet - do it. Like, stop reading this review and get a copy of Alan Cole is Not a Coward. That's your priority. I'll wait.
So now that you've done that, and read it, you're welcome. And now that Alan and his brother are ok, the family unit is working to be less dysfunctional, Alan has supportive friends, and he's admitted to his school (and crush)
Laura Gardner
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s #worldkindnessday and I’m only 20 pages from finishing this gem of a book that’s all about the power of kindness. I simply love it and I am a little sad it’s about to end. ❤️
〰️
〰️
#AlanColeDoesn’tDance is the second book in this underrated but AWESOME series about a kid who is bullied for being gay and still manages to see the best in everyone, including his tormentor. I just adored the first book by #EricBell and I have quite a few students who did, too. Here are the strengths of this serie
Sylv
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
In reality this is 3,5/5, but considering how much more I've enjoyed reading this than the first volume, it does deserve a 4 star rating. Because as we all know, sequels rarely work out, especially sequels of books that really aren't that likeable... and yet here we are, Alan Cole vol 2 is better than its predecessor in every possible way. This middle school coming-out-of-your-comfort-zone story is funny, it's smart, it brings up important subjects of homophobia and bullying, it teaches an impor ...more
Elaine Fultz
Alan Cole is an out gay middle schooler. Out at school, but not with his parents. Alan’s dad is determined to “make a man,” out of Alan, and one of his ideas is to pair Alan with his boss’s foul daughter. This is the sequel to Alan Cole is not a Coward. The first one was better as it included fewer implausible story elements such as his parents not knowing (if he’s out at school, SOMEONE is going to tell his parents -- hello Facebook), and Alan’s over-the-top macho dad who is somewhat Uncle Durs ...more
Korcia
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
„Alan Cole nie tańczy” to bardzo dobra kontynuacja pierwszej części, to świetna lekcja tolerancji i naprawdę interesująca lektura. Myślę, że warto, żeby każdy młody człowiek poznał Alana, razem z jego problemami, dylematami i marzeniami. Wczuł się w jego niełatwą sytuację, spojrzał na otoczenie jego oczami i otworzył się na to, co nieznane, inne, niepopularne...

abi
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqiap
eric bell bashing me over the head: “odin thompson is gay”
me in the corner: “i know”

i actually think i enjoyed this one more than the first book, but i’m just a little bit outside the intended audience to enjoy it as much as i could. alan seems like a sweet kid though and i’m glad he tried to tackle bullying on an even larger scale in this book. he’s a way more courageous 12 year old than i ever was.
Mădălina
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading about Alan's new journey and it was really funny how yesterday's enemies are today's allies. Also, I liked the fact that Alan and his friends grew up a little bit since the previous book. Quite a refreshing read, I could say. Totally made my boring Monday a little bit more fun and intriguing.
Vanina
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While this book follows the lives of 12-14 year olds, I was remarkably impressed by how universally beautiful and relatable the story was. I had not even read the first of this series and I was still captivated by what happened to little Alan Cole. Great sentimental read that seemed very true to today's social context.
Mrs_Bookies
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alana Cole poznałam już jakiś czas temu, kiedy okazało się, że nie jest tchórzem. Teraz spotykamy się z nim po raz kolejny, aby dowiedzieć się, że nie tańczy. Ale czy na pewno? W końcu Alan to niesamowity chłopaka, który zdolny jest do niezwykłych rzeczy. Tym razem przeżywamy z nim stres związany ze szkolną potańcówką. Iść, czy nie iść? A jeśli iść to z kim? A może sam? Co cóż, kto z nas nie zna tego problemu. Ale spokojnie, Alan poradzi sobie wyśmienicie! Pozna kogoś nowego, osiągnie mały sukce ...more
Barb
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I seriously could not lift this down.
This book is wonderful. Anyone who is being or has been bullied should read this.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this ends up being on a school reading list.
I wish people could just be accepted for who they are and get along. I cheered Alan as he tried to find a way to make this happen. Alan Cole rocks!
Sharon
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! The power Alan finds in himself to step up to bullies, defend his friends, and stand up for who he really is and his beliefs is heart-warming and inspiring. Focusing on kindness and the true identity of friendship and family, with lots of humor and great character personalities, Alan Cole Doesn't Dance follows the path of finding your identity in true middle-school style.
Ellie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best book I have ever read. Somehow Eric Bell catches the emotions and hardships that any bullied kid is feeling perfectly. Its breathtaking, emotional and all around an outstanding read. I 100% recommend it.
Parę słów o książkach
Przewidywalnie, uroczo, choć czasami miałam wahania co do tego, czy bohaterowie naprawdę są tak młodzi i mają tak poważne przemyślenia, w przeciwieństwie do niektórych rodziców. Zdecydowanie warta uwagi, tak jak i pierwszy tom.
Todd
Jun 29, 2019 added it
Lovely to see a positive gay story
Bronwyn
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This sequel was just as good as the first one. Eric Bell is a great writer. Would love another book in this series!
Jean
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Another great middle-school tale from Eric Bell. Very heartfelt, often funny, and a story of honesty to oneself that is much needed in today's world.
Chad Lucas
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More humour and heartbreak and the most adorably awkward junior-high flirting ever.
Valerie Nelan
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
This is an amazing sequel to Bell’s debut novel. Alan is just as brave as before, and we see how his honesty and ability to stay true to himself affects him and those around him. Highly recommend!!
piratesPencil
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just like the first Alan Cole book, this story does a surprising and compelling job of combining serious, even traumatic subjects with all of silliness and optimism of a middle grade novel. I truly love Alan Cole and his story, and I was so happy to read a second book about this character and his world.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Noah Can't Even (Noah Can't Even, #1)
  • Noah Could Never (Noah Can't Even, #2)
  • The Best at It
  • Ja cię kocham, a ty miau
  • Płacz
  • Komórki się pani pomyliły (Zofia Wilkońska, #2)
  • Kratki się pani odbiły (Zofia Wilkońska, #3)
  • Prostytutki. Tajemnice płatnej miłości
  • Castle Swimmer
  • Movie Night
  • Lost
  • Weird Girl and What's His Name
  • Brief Chronicle of Another Stupid Heartbreak
  • Kółko się pani urwało (Zofia Wilkońska, #1)
  • Hurricane Child
  • The Wedding
  • The List of Things That Will Not Change
  • Lying About Last Summer

Alan Cole (2 books)
  • Alan Cole Is Not a Coward (Alan Cole, #1)