Start by marking “Waking the Behr (Foothills Pride, #7)” as Want to Read:
Waking the Behr (Foothills Pride, #7)

Waking the Behr

(Foothills Pride #7)

Both Ben and Mitch think they know exactly what they want. Turns out, they don’t even know their own hearts.

Published September 20th 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Waking the Behr, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waking the Behr

Start your review of Waking the Behr (Foothills Pride, #7)
Lelyana
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, dsp, mm
This is a cute story about finding your roots, and yourself, what you want to be and where you want to be.
Story about listen to your heart and follow where it may leads you.
But I felt there's something lacking, chemistry between the two MCs not as strong as I expected.
The story was like jump in the middle of something. The romance felt a little bit weird? I don't know.
Not too memorable to remember and stay for long, I guess.
Cute, but I need more chemistry and more story root.
Carra
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I've enjoyed the books in this series so far, and look forward to each new one as it is released. When it comes to Waking the Behr, it felt at first like it would be a "didn't know I liked guys until him" type story...which in essence it was. For me though, I didn't really feel any chemistry between Ben and Mitch. There was plenty of potential for it, but the way the story went didn't really allow for enough relationship development between them for me to feel that spark between the two men.

I
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Waking the Behr appealed to me because I am crazy for the gay for you/out for you trope, and when the main characters are from opposite ends of the spectrum, I’m so there. While I wasn’t disappointed with the book, I did find it a bit difficult to feel connected to it.

As characters, I liked both men, especially Mitch. He’s extremely wealthy, but he’s in no way pretentious. He fits right into his surroundings and is relaxed around everyone. Mitch is also excited
Jovan
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5

Unfortunately, falls as flat as the main character’s philosophy. I’ve read a few of the Foothill novellas, and usually Pat Henshaw does a good job depicting reasonably well developed characters/relationship growth and an interesting storyline; unfortunately, not so much in “Waking the Behr”. The reader doesn’t get to experience the progression of Ben and Mitch’s relationship because the narrative is so unbalanced. We spend too much time in Ben’s head debating where he falls on the “
Emily Seelye
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Christy
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, on-my-kindle
I would love to live in Stone Acres. Seriously. In the Sierra Mountain foothills with lots of history and a lot of wonderful people. No wonder I'm always so happy when a new installment of ‘Foothills Pride’ releases. *grins*

Ben is the epitome of a good old boy, no question about it. Not to say he's stupid or ignorant, just that there aren't too many outdoor activities he doesn't enjoy, he loves living in his small town, and he has a “live and let live” attitude. His life is thrown for a complete
Tanja
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun read. As soon as I started reading I felt a certain energy flowing through the pages. It pulled me into the story right away and it didn’t let go till the end. It was lighthearted with some serious notes. When Ben meets Mitch he is not so sure he is as straight as he always thought he was. But he doesn’t make a big issue out of it and neither do his friends and family. He just goes with his attraction and follows his heart. There are no hot and steaming scenes in this story ...more
Denise GremoryKohta
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the feel of this story right from the start. As you begin reading the energy of the story pulls you right in. That energy continues to flow throughout the whole book. Mitch is charming and full of spark but with a hidden depth. Ben is sweet and endearing plus a lot smarter than people realize. They both are just kind of coasting through life until they meet. One of the things I really enjoyed was how well the author described everything. I was able to mentally get a picture without ...more
Becky Condit
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story of gay city boy meets straight country boy. Except is the country boy really straight?
Ben is the country boy but not quite as unsophisticated as might be expected. He and his brothers own a construction company in Stone Acres, where they grew up. College educated, reasonably well off, an outdoorsman’s outdoorsman. Ben has always identified as straight.
Mitch is the gay San Francisco city boy who owns a number of bars in the city and is interested in opening a family style restaurant
Esther Alayeto
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this story. Great storyline that is very well written and developed, intrigued me right from the beginning and kept me hooked to the very end. Ben, country boy, and Mitch, city boy, are opposites but the attraction and chemistry are undeniable. I love these two together and seeing them grow and discover together is magnificent.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Paisleyrowan
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: normmal, on-blog, reviewed
This book starts off strong, drawing you in and keeping you entertained. Round about the tour of the nightclubs it starts being a little boring, but then picks up again just a little bit. Until they finish with Thomas. Then it's all downhill from there, as though the author couldn't maintain interest in the story any longer or find any better way to end the book.
The world the has created is still as fun to visit as always. The books are a worthwhile read. You will enjoy.
Lucy
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I am a fan of the Foothills Pride series but I will have to say this one wasn’t my favorite. This installment features Ben, a contractor who is called in to look at the building that out and proud Mitch is buying. The first meeting between Ben and Mitch is at the run down building when Ben walks in on Mitch in an exuberant, unabashed dance session. Ben is, in his own words, “…your basic laid-back good old boy…” and he can’t figure out why he feels the way he does around Mitch. The Rhino GX is ...more
Faye Kennedy
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars..This is a beautiful story, for these guys. A book that's got hot chemistry and sizzling kisses who needs sex scenes. This one I think could be a gay for you story, the start of it had me glued to these gorgeous guys. You cant help loving Ben as he questions what he's always thought and maybe a bit clueless too. Mitch is absolutely adorable when he meets Ben. I could definitely feel the sparks/chemistry what you wanna call it as I was reading. A fantastic series this one and cant wait ...more
Monika

I've enjoyed reading the Foothills Pride Series but this one didn't work for me. I didn't buy Ben's sudden discovery that he liked men, something was really missing there, and I honestly didn't feel the attraction that was supposed to be between Mitch and Ben. In my opinion there was just too much story missing with these guys.
A.M. Leibowitz
This is a tough one for me to review because out of all the books in the series, I didn’t care for this one. There were things I liked, but the storyline itself was deeply troubling to me.

I had a feeling going in that this might end up being somewhat of a gay-for-you book. However, I held out hope because many of the books in this series are deceptively simple in concept but much deeper in their exploration of the themes. Unfortunately, I think this one fell a bit flat in that sense.

Ben has only
Shee Reader
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Waking the Behr by Pat Henshaw

Reviews by Shee Reader for Boy Meets Boy Reviews

Find us on the web at boymeetsboyreviews.com

Rating 3.5 Hearts

A Foothills Pride Story

This is the seventh book in the Foothills Pride series, but I read it a s standalone and it worked out fine!

Diverse
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2017-dr
Reviewed by Jenn for Diverse Reader

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The opening scene in this book immediately put a smile on my face, it’s pretty adorable! Hometown construction company owner, Ben walks into a rundown steakhouse to see something almost out of a movie. City boy Mitch is so happy with what he’s found and what he had planned for that steakhouse, he can’t help but show his joy!

Ben is utterly shocked to find himself feeling an attraction to Mitch, a man. He has always thought
Natosha Wilson
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a good story about one man not wanting to admit to himself who he truly is and another wanting what he thinks is too good for him.

Mitch has convinced himself that he is not gay. He does not have a problem with gay people. Heck his two brothers are. But he isn't and has just not met the right woman yet. But when he meets Ben he honestly has to ask himself if he is lying to himself or is it just Ben.

Ben is attracted to Mitch from the moment he laid eyes on him and he will pretty much do
Valerie
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
To be honest, I had high hopes for this book, but in the end, I found myself disappointed. The beginning started out well, especially Ben meeting Mitch for the first time, but then the "getting to know the characters" was done with internal dialogue from Ben, in which their times together were grouped together in a few simple paragraphs.

There was no real romance, the sex scene was literally skimmed over, and there were plots in the book that made no sense in the story. For example, I understood
Tina
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Waking the Behr by author Pat Henshaw is the seventh book in the Foothills Pride series. This series is best read in order.
This story is written in first person narrative. While not my favorite narrative it does work for this book.
Ben has always been a good old boy who dated women. Never thought he would be attracted to a man. He is stunned by his attraction to Mitch. He kinda doesn’t know what to do with it at first.
Mitch tall handsome, dressed to impress in his suit. Very outgoing and nice.
Suze
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my fave of this series. I found it a bit shallow and improbable at times. Mitch comes to town and suddenly Ben is turning gay - didn’t get enough of a vibe off either man to truly buy in.
Felt that the message it was delivering was a bit too preachy rather than organically coming across.
Writing style as always clean and pacy.
Also I didn’t feel the cover reflected these two big men.
Crept upto to 3* because of the series
Lada
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story moved fast in big jumps, leaving holes that begged to be filled. It's like a novel summarized into a short story, and it's really a pity because the story had potential to be a wonderful, fulfilling romance.

Aside from the lamentable length of the story, I liked the MCs, and I liked the flavor of their romance. I hope one day the author would expand their love story.
DL
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Cute story and a nice message but I just didn't feel the chemistry between the main characters. I felt like I got to know the clubs better than the people.
Nicole
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. A great addition to the series.
Maya
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: gaybook-reviews
Jamielee
Dec 27, 2017
KR
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

A Foothills Pride Story

Good old boy Ben has dated women his entire life, while gay nightclub owner Mitch has never considered unsophisticated country boys his type. But after they start hanging out, the small-town contractor and the urban entrepreneur are both stunned by the electricity sparking between them.

As they step outside their comfort zones to spend time together, Mitch finds he

Max
Sep 30, 2017
Mary Newman
Oct 03, 2017
Lori
Oct 03, 2017

• Kel's Keeper
  • Heart Unheard (Hearts Entwined, #2)
  • A Rhythm You Feel (The Rock Gods: East Coast Label #1)
  • Fire and Granite (Carlisle Deputies #2)
  • The Bodyguard's Relationship (Rochdale Security #2)
  • The Bodyguard's Charge (Rochdale Security #1)
  • The Bodyguard's Assistant (Rochdale Security #4)
  • The Bodyguard's Technician (Rochdale Security #5)
  • A Thrift Shop Murder (Cats, Ghosts, and Avocado Toast, #1)
  • Doubling Down (Double Trouble, #2)
  • Fire and Obsidian (Carlisle Deputies, #4)
  • The Long Road to Revelation and Adoration (Granite County #8)
  • Murder With a Psychic Touch (Wonder Springs #1)
  • The Patriot
  • Mystic Springs Paranormal Cozy Mystery Series: Box Set: Books 1-4
  • In the Sniper's Crosshairs (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #49)
  • With a Gentle Nudge (Kontra's Menagerie #26)
  • Heart Unseen (Hearts Entwined, #1)
Pat has lived on both coasts and in the middle of the United States. Pat’s been a book reviewer for too many years to count as well as an English composition instructor and theatrical costumer. Places visited include Canada, Mexico, Europe, Egypt, Nicaragua, and Thailand. Pat's found that people everywhere are remarkably similar.

See Pat Henshaw.

Foothills Pride (9 books)
  • What's in a Name? (Foothills Pride #1)
  • Redesigning Max (Foothills Pride, #2)
  • Behr Facts (Foothills Pride, #3)
  • When Adam Fell (Foothills Pride, #4)
  • Relative Best (Foothills Pride, #5)
  • Frank at Heart (Foothills Pride, #6)
  • Short Order (Foothills Pride, #8)
  • Foothills Pride Stories, Vol. 2 (Foothills Pride, #5-8)