Start by marking “Ballerina Dad” as Want to Read:
Ballerina Dad

Ballerina Dad

(NineStar Press 2017 Holiday Series)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Attending his daughter’s holiday dance recital should be easy for pro hockey player Patrick Barnes. Showing up in a tutu, however, wasn’t exactly part of the plan. And yet the holidays get even more interesting when he bumps into Lee, the man he let get away years ago.

Ballet instructor Lee can’t believe who just walked into his studio. He also can’t believe how quickly the
Published December 11th 2017 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Ballerina Dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ballerina Dad

Barbara➰
Cute holiday novella. A second chance story of high school friends. I think I would have rated it higher if it had been longer. It would have made a great full length book. So many things that could have been expanded on.
annob
Sugary sweet with sugar on top! A short Christmassy romance read out of season to celebrate the end of winter where I live. Cute, likable characters but a bit too low on the angst side for me to balance out all the saccharine. I think the story would have fit me better if not shoehorned into short story format. There is plenty of long term friendship back-story, and months of dating crammed into 60 pages. But it sure was sixty pages of pure cuteness!
Joyfully Jay
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

I. Loved. This! It was a short, terribly sweet, and to the point story about two men who’d been able to come together after 17 years. It made my heart happy and put me right into the Christmas spirit.

Because it’s not a long story, there wasn’t really a lot of chance for character development, but it’s written well enough that I felt like I knew Patrick and Lee as soon as they appeared. Their chemistry is off the charts from the moment they see each other again, and
Lelyana
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it

Aww...this is a cute short Christmas story with a daddy wearing ballet tutu and all the glitter, finding his first love and a second chance of love. Just one of my favorite plot.
I liked how Amy Aislin portrayed the 'reality' of a sport celebrity man with all his complicated situation, not selfish and thought about his baby girl's feeling when it comes to his relationship with Ashley/Ash/Lee, a ballet instructor for his daughter. Also his first crush. seventeen years ago.

There's so many things Am
namericanwordcat
Christmas sugar cookie sweet with a bit of spice.

This is a wonderful holiday romance between a hockey player and a dancer who have known and liked each other since high school but never been single at the same time.

This is the right time. Lots of fun here!
Nathan Burgoine
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt
This was a super-cute, short, aww-I-feel-like-I-got-a-hug story about a divorced bisexual professional hockey player dad (in a tutu) going to his daughter's ballet class for the parent-daughter dance and realizing the ballet teacher was the guy-that-got-away seventeen years ago.

Almost entirely angst-free, it began at a solid clip and didn't slow down, and it delivered a lovely Christmas feel-good in a very short package.
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

4 Stars

Lee and Patrick are two men who’ve always been drawn to each other since they first met in high school, but neither has ever been single at the same time, until now. It’s been a decade since they’ve seen each other, but when they meet again unexpectedly, they won’t let a chance to be together slip through their fingers once again.

This was a sweet holiday read and I liked both Patrick and Lee and Patrick’s daughter Jordan was adorable. While Patrick and Lee had good chemistry I wish thei
Leaundra
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars...I thought this was a sweet book. This is a first-time author for me...I will definitely check out more of her books.
The Novel Approach Reviews
When popular Toronto Maple Leafs hockey player Patrick Barnes shows up at his daughter’s ballet studio, ready to perform with her for Parent’s Day, the last person he expects to see is “the one that got away.” Especially while he’s wearing a tutu! Yet, there was Ashley—known to Jordan as Ash, her beloved ballet teacher—but always known to Pat as Lee. Pat and Lee were high school friends who, for various reasons, never became more at the time, but the potential was always there, under the surface ...more
Serena Yates
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, holiday, read-2017
A pro hockey player in a tutu – just to make his four-and-a-half-year-old daughter happy on parents’ day at ballet class? Quite the hook to pull me into this story! As it turns out, Patrick doesn’t just have to attend, he is expected to dance with Jordan and get the whole thing on film! This is how he feels about it, and I have to admit it made me grin.

Please find my full review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
~nikki the recovering book addict
Awwwwww!!!! Four happy hearts!!!

This was just too sweet and adorable and cute and funny and cute and adorable. Did I mention cute and adorable? Because it was. Cute and adorable. 😝

Wish it was a longer story though. It did have enough bones to make a full length. But I know it started off as a really short...short. Lol.. so I’m super stoked it got expanded upon.

I love Amy Aislin’s writing and I obviously love hockey so...I can’t wait for her new book in May 2018!!
Tess
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday-romance
Dee
Jan 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
The amount of ridiculousness that comprised this instalove story was simply astonishing. From meeting for the first time in years to dating that same night, visiting the other MCs house then ostensibly never leaving; to a professional hockey player outting himself to the team's PR Machine one single day after the initial hookup. 👀
This book brings magic peen to a whole new level. Just whatever. I want my reading time back.
Ami

A divorced dad who is willing to come to his daughter's ballerina class WEARING A TUTU AND THEN GETS GLITTERS ALL OVER HIM deserves to get my thumbs up ^^. I would've rated this second-chance story higher if I could get a longer story. The thing is, everything pretty much happens in 24-hours. And considering both men haven't seen each other for 17 YEARS, their easy smooth reunion is a tad unbelievable for me *shrugs*
Sissy Spain
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is such a sweet story! A 2nd chance, friends to lovers tale of a ballet instructor and a professional hockey player, who happens to have the cutest daughter ever! I loved the Christmas setting. It has no angst and isn't complicated, which is what I needed. I only wish it had been longer. There are so many areas it could have been more detailed but as a short story it is fabulous. I will definitely read more by this author.
I received an ARC by the author for an honest review.
Jules Lovestoread
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was so adorable. I loved Pat so much, and he and Lee were wonderful together. And, who doesn't love a story with a cute kid?!? Jordan was awesome. <3 Another lovely Amy Aislin book.
Lucy
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Patrick is a professional hockey player who absolutely adores his daughter, Jordan, and would do anything for her. Including going to ballet wearing a bright pink and purple tutu so he can participate in the parent-daughter dance. Fate has it in for Patrick because the ballet teacher is none other than Ashley, the man Patrick let get away more than ten years ago. Is there hope for them now?

I liked that they didn’t seem to harbor animosity towards each other at all, which sometimes happens in se
Dixiecowgirl
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect Christmas story, Patrick and Lee discovering each other made my day! The author wove humor and discovery with beautiful intimate and passionate moments. Story is really well written and the characters are so well done, you feel like you know their hearts.
i really love this authors voice, her words create all the feels and they bring me right into the moment.. and example: 'The way he looked at Lee, like he was surprised and amazed and so f**king grateful to have Lee there, m
UnusualChild{beppy}
4 stars

Synopsis: Patrick is a professional hockey player. He takes his daughter to her ballet class, and finds out that her teacher, Ash, is actually Lee, a guy that Patrick knew and liked in high school. Even though Patrick admitted that he was bi in high school, the timing never seemed to fit for them, since they were never single at the same time. Patrick and Lee haven't seen each other for about 10 years, so when Patrick sees Lee again, he is very excited.
When Lee finds out that Patrick is s
Nell Iris
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First time I ever heard about this book, I wanted to read it. Who can resist a big hockey player showing up at his daughter’s dance recital in a pink and purple tutu? I can’t, that’s for sure 🙂 Anyway, I pre-ordered it and when I got the email from Amazon that it had been delivered to my Kindle app, I jumped at it and started reading it at once.

And OH MY GOODNESS, I almost died of happiness.

I loved the characters. Ballerina Dad himself, Pat, is a big guy, a pro hockey player who’ll do anything f
Diverse
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: december-2017-dr
Reviewed by Jenn for Diverse Reader

4.5 Stars

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I’m just going to say it...I love a hockey romance! As soon as I saw there was a hockey player in this book, I knew I wanted to read it!

This is a short Christmas book about finding the one that got away! What happens when you meet the right guy for you and the timing is always off? For Patrick and Lee they met in high school, Pat is openly bisexual and Lee is openly gay and the attraction is immediate. These two are never
JoAnna G
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read this author before and I wanted to do it again. This is a sweet, cute, feel-good quick read. It has little to no drama. It, in my opinion, is a second chance at romance, as well as second chance romance.

It is about a single divorced father, as well as hockey player. It's set during the holiday season.

This was such a good read. I loved the key players. Patrick and Lee/Ash/Ashely met in high school and had a connection back then. They each had a crush on each other. Now we fast forwar
Ghita Frederiksen
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The famous pro hockey player Patrick Barnes loves his daugther and when she asked him to dress up in a tutu for her ballet show and parent-daugther dance, he does so - little did he know, that her ballet teacher is the exact same man, he had a crush on in high school. But they were never single at the same time and they went off to pursue different careers. By coincidence / faith they meet again years later - this time around both being single and Patrick doesn't hesitate to pursue Lee and the s ...more
Anita
Uber sweet, uber cute! Patrick is a hockey player with the Maple Leafs. He has a sweetly precocious daughter he is escorting to her ballerina recital. Not only is he an escort; he has to do a daughter/dad dance. The mom (Pat is divorced) is traveling for business. The daughter, Jordan, is all about her teacher, Ashley. She has a gift for Ashley. She is so excited to introduce her dad to Ashley. Pat meets Ashley... who is actually Lee, an old friend from school. An old friend with whom he has cra ...more
Tanja
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute and sweet short story about second chances at love. Well written with playful teasing banter, lots of laughs and sexy moments.
Is it coincidence or fate that bring Patrick and Lee back together? Best friends in high school, but never single at the same time, they never had the chance to give their relationship a go. But now, they meet again when Patrick’s daughter, Jordan, has a parent-daughter dance at the local ballet school. Jordan’s favorite teacher is not other than Lee.
It is a love
Ramsi
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a cute, heartwarming holiday story!

Some of my favorites things were here to find:
- A single dad who does practically everything for his child - even if it means to make a fool of himself.
- Mature behavior of the characters
- 'realistical' portraying of some things regarding a professional player (sports)
- very likeable characters
- a kid cute as a button so to say ;)

What I did not like:
I wanted more of it! I really would love to get a follow-up story and see more about the three - Patrick &
Elle
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute second chance story. Since high school Lee and Patrick have been attracted to one another. Circumstances dictated that they never explored this attraction, and after high school, went their own ways. Patrick's daughter, Jordan, brings them together again, and they find that their attraction hasn't gone away.

What follows is a sweet and fun story of how the two men begin a relationship during the festive season. It's a lovely story, very straightforward, simply two men drawn to one another
Sarita Chapdelaine
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this sweet Christmas story and I wish it had been longer as I want to read more about Patrick and Lee. Circumstances kept them apart for years but they are brought back together by Patrick's adorable daughter Jordan. Patrick is a single dad who is willing to make a fool of himself just because his daughter wanted him to go to her dance class in a tutu. Lee and Patrick are wonderful together and deserve a HEA. This book is beautifully written and I can't wait to read more books by Amy Ais ...more
Kaila
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this was an adorably sweet story of second chances... i loved it so much.. an the dad.. omg. he was amazing.. the kind of dad i wish i had had.. he loved his daughter so much... enough to dress in a tutu.. he was so adorably amazing and then to watch their love happen and to see what all went on and the emotions... oh the emotions were heartfelt. i loved it.. it was adorable. i am glad i got to review it
mrs sarah frost
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a cute quick read of Patrick, a famous hockey player and Ashley a dance teacher. They used to know each other back in school, giving each other lustful glances but not acting on it. They reconnect when Patrick takes his daughter, Jordan, to her ballet Christmas performance and finds Ashley is her ballet teacher. Ashley is stunned that Patrick has a daughter and again they can't and won't be together.
Will they ever get their HEA?
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I started writing on a rainy day in fourth grade when my class was forced to stay inside for recess. Tales of adventures with my classmates quickly morphed into tales of adventures with the characters in my head. Based in the suburbs of Toronto, I'm a marketer at a large environmental non-profit in Toronto by day, and a writer by night. Book enthusiast, animal lover and (very) amateur photographer ...more

NineStar Press 2017 Holiday Series (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Room at the Inn
  • Light One Candle
  • The Glow of Luminiferous Aether on Tinsel
  • Oranges and Cloves
  • Seven Tricks
“The few men he’d slept with had expected him to top, and it was easier to go with the flow than to correct them. Thank God Lee was intuitive enough to know what he wanted. It was proof that they fit so well already.” 0 likes