Start by marking “Picture Winter” as Want to Read:
Picture Winter

Picture Winter

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
What happens when two Capricorns fall in love?

Do something new today.

Why he looks at his horoscope every day, Elias Hood doesn’t know. It’s all garbage, and no nickel fortune ever helped him climb all the way up the corporate ladder. He’s about to make Vice President. Rocking the boat with “something new” is the last thing on his mind.

But there’s this guy.

Ty Green can m
Published October 6th 2017 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about Picture Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picture Winter

Lost in a Book
2 Hearts

sleep.gif

Sorry, I dozed off there for a minute... or 173 171 pages to be exact. I’ll warn you that this book wasn’t my cuppa. At all. There was zero angst, insta-love, not much going on in the plot department, and weak sauce “conflict” at the end that you can spot a mile away.

This was one of those reads that doesn't necessarily drag but nothing really happens. I didn't hate it. But I didn't like it either. I need something to hold my attention. Anything. This read was predictable and apparently a
Apolishedreader
Another insta-love story. I seem to be flush with them lately. This one wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly great either. I'm not going to remember it a few days from now, but it is a good palette cleanser when you need a soft, easy, love story.
The MCs are supposed to be in their late 20s and early 30s, but they read more like NAs, specifically with regards to their insecurities in a relationship.
I did really enjoy their meet-cute and how Eli worked to win Ty over. As they get to know each o
Amanda
This is a short, sweet and low angst read, perfect for an afternoon chill. The interesting fact I found is that how Ty who works as a community garbage collector can afford to buy a decent house, though it was away from town. No wonder Ty is proud of his job.

Elias met Ty when he was rushing to work on a cold winter morning and came across this garbage collector who reprimand him where to place the trash correctly. I thought their meeting and subsequent interaction were rather amusing with Elias
Bárbara
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by the author*

Oh man! I really enjoyed this one.
Not only because the characters were lovely (although that's *the* huge plus) or because I was sucked right in due to the charming nature of the development of their relationship (another quite sizeable advantage). It was just... So well done, in general.

It sort of reads like a rom-com, but with a slightly more accentuated focus on the romance part. Plus, the extra of the sexytimes (which, in the mood I am lately, I could have gone
Penumbra
I received Picture Winter through the Don’t Buy My Love program on Goodreads. This story is told in third person through the eyes of Elias Hood and Ty Green.

(view spoiler)
Wax
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
*A copy of this book was provided for free by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

Elias is good at what he does and is on the way to becoming VP in the company. However, he does not have much in the way of a life. He does not have any close family or friends. He does have a work friend who always asks him about his horoscope. Though he says he only checks his horoscope since she asks him about it, he does believe it to some extent. On the same morning that his horoscope tells him to “be
Calila

This is a very sweet read. Thoroughly enjoyable but with a hint of angst. I liked the balance. Both main characters were good decent guys, they fall hard fast but it doesn't feel rushed. I enjoyed how falling in love inspired their professional reckonings and make changes they put off. I'm glad the angst is resolved fairly quickly, and neither guy is let off the hook for their part. I really really liked a
Carra
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you’re in the mood for a low-angst, sweet romance with a nice dash of heat, you’ll find that here in Picture Winter. While not quite an insta-love story, this book does have the two main characters become quite enamored with each other quickly but then allows their relationship to progress, if at a faster pace—though again, not quite at the insta-love state.

The relationship between Elias and Ty is one they easily fall into, and it’s immediately comfortable with a sweet dose of passion…you kno
Alexis Woods
This book was provided free in return for an honest review via Goodreads' Don't Buy My Love program.

This book was recommended to me by a friend, but I liked the blurb enough to give it a chance. The author's style is very good, dialogue fairly realistic, and I even enjoyed the use of the horoscope's to bring Elias and Ty together. Humor was more often provided by the side characters than the main ones, however.

What bugged me was Elias' character. Even though he was written as the "dominant" in
Sara Bauer
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
With lightness and levity, author Amy Aislin creates an adorable love story worth reading. Despite Elias and Ty both being Capricorns, they jump head first into a relationship that could be perfect in every way ... if only they both get over their hang-ups. The chemistry between these two gorgeous men really sizzles, but it's a fantastically fluffy read, as well. A feel-good romance that will leave you smiling :)
Lelyana
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017, heart-warming, mm
Amy Aislin is a new to me author. You know the feeling when you read the book by new author to you. the giddy feeling? Excited but at the same time, kinda afraid the book won't fit your expectations?
That's what I felt when I started the book. The author did a really good job making 'the fast into a relationship' feels 'not too fast'. I liked Ty's family, especially his father!
And they way they accepted Elias as theirs, it was kinda adorable.

I loved how Ty loved his job and proud of it. Kinda p
UnusualChild{beppy}
*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review through the M/M Romance Group DBML program.

4 stars

Synopsis: Elias has a reputation as being cold and aloof. His best work friend has gotten into spirituality and talks about his horoscope every day. Elias has a path in mind for work, where he wants to make VP. Even though he doesn't really enjoy all aspects of his work, he likes the security, and the fact that he's been working there for 7 years. One day, Elias puts his newspaper with his
Lauren
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a lovely tale! Picture Winter was a really cute, light romance. The story was very low in drama and high in love, as we got to see the budding relationship of Elias and Ty, who were so adorably sweet together. I loved their story and the progression of their relationship, and although they didn't know each other all that long, their connection felt so solid and strong from the very start. The chemistry between them was insane, their interactions were wonderfully sweet and entertaining, and ...more
Sandy
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I heard one of the main characters read his daily horoscope I was intrigued. A friend I had in high school would always read hers and she would be amazed at how well it fit (although sometimes it seemed she would wiggle the perception a bit....). When Elias reads his horoscope one day and meets Ty over misplaced recyclables, it seems like maybe his daily readings really have some truth to them.
Elias seemed to be like many of us, in a job that pays the bills but will suck the soul out of yo
Jenn
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amy Aislin is becoming a go-to for a feel-good romance for me and Picture Winter is a perfect example of that. It’s that kind of story you pick up when you’re looking for a light, heartwarming book. Elias and Ty may share the same astrological sign but they don’t really share many of the same characteristics but that doesn’t mean they aren’t just meant to be!

Elias works hard at his job, hoping for a promotion to vice president. He may not love his job or be passionate about it, but it pays well,
Cee Brown
ღ)4.5 stars
.•.•*) .•*)
(.• (.•` ღ When the stars align...

Insta-Love, so down with it.

Two Capricorn loving men, wheel me in.

Happy ever after. Right down my alley.

Not many people rely on their daily horoscope to base their life on, but some days the horoscope gets it right.

Meet Elias, a businessman who does photography on the side. Due to a co-worker, his daily horoscope has been leading him for months. Then there is Ty, happy in his post as a waste mangagement worker when he crosses path with a f
Laurie
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A case of opposites attracts. Elias is driven, at times grumpy, stubborn, sometimes arrogant and going through the motions of his job. His passion is photography, but he can’t take the chance of trying to make his living doing that. Ty is easy going, taking pride in whatever he does. Their first meeting made me laugh. And it sets the stage for how the rest of the story goes with Elias stepping out of his comfort zone.

This is an insta-love story and it worked for me. It didn’t take away from the
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars

This was such a sweet story: A story of two men from different walks of life who find one another and fall in love. I loved both Elias and Ty, they were both likable and well developed characters and although they were different those differences balanced each other out. They fit together perfectly and they brought out the best in one another.

I loved Ty’s family. They were not only sweet, loving and supportive of Ty, but I loved that they accepted and welcomed Eli so lovingly into thei
Tanja
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet feel-good love story featuring Elias and Ty. Elias is grumpy and a bit arrogant, content in his job but not happy. His passion is photography. He is scared to take this as his career, though, as he needs security in life. He goes through the motions and lets him lead by his horoscope. Then when the stars say he should be nice he meets Ty, a garbage collector for the city. Ty is his opposite. Happy with his job, free and upbeat. Two Capricorns who shouldn’t be good for each other ...more
Dixiecowgirl
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A delightful love story told with thoughtfulness, humor and insight! Elias and Ty are just kind of each other's missing parts and they so complement each others needs and dreams. Both men grow and as they learn to move at their own pace in the developing relationship they just flourish! Their chemistry sizzles and yet they both work to get to know each other in addition to having amazing sex, they both want more than a one night stand.

Picture Winter is really well written and has lots of beauti
Anu
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a lovely, lovely story.

Elias has a plan how his life should be: quiet, secure and void of surprises. It all goes out the window one morning when he fails to discard his newspaper in the recycling bin and is confronted by an irate city worker - Tyler. Elias feels bad for his mistake and goes back the next day and the next and the one after to make up for it - he feels strangely drawn to the younger man. What follows is a whirlwind romance that turns our heroes' lives upside down and inside o
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, romance
I enjoyed this story and the characters. I like how the author used the horoscope of the character. I look forward to reading more from this author.

I received a copy of the book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Esther Alayeto
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story of two men who seem to be total opposites but may have more in common than they think. Elias and Ty got off to a rocky start but their attraction was undeniable and rapidly grew. A light, feel good romance story.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Ali
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

I immensely enjoyed this story, it is just two men falling in love and learning to navigate a relationship and their lives together. Elias seems like such a stick in the mud at the beginning but we soon learn there is more than meets the eye. Ty is just a bubble of energy and is the perfect force to break through Elias’s walls.

My heart broke for how Elias’s childhood had made him need to have security in his job
Taya
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this book from the beginning to the end. It was low angst and bit of miscommunication that didn't fester for a millennium and a half. I here for the bit of the family interaction. It did have an insta love vibe but didn't feel fake. It is definitely going in my re-read pile.

Overall, I hope you give this book a chance. It has nice flow and characters mesh well together.
Jules Lovestoread
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars....This was definitely not my favorite of Aislin's stories. It had it's moments...I liked both MCs...the second half of the book saved it, though. I have loved Aislin's other books, but this one had a super slow start for me. Full review coming to www.thenovelapproachreviews.com
Pakksi
Oct 23, 2017
Gene Marcil
Oct 10, 2017
Donna
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-bytes, m-m, sweet-as
Elias and Ty are kind of an odd couple. Ty’s family is surprised that they’re dating, even Elias is confounded by the fact that Ty is dating him. Especially after the way they met. But from bonding over their favourite tv shows, to being over organized, Elias and Ty find that they have more in common than they first expect. And anyway, they appreciate the differences between them.

First off, I really enjoyed the way this story began. After Elias is rude and dismissive to Ty upon their first meeti
Nell Iris
Sep 03, 2018
I started writing on a rainy day in fourth grade when my class was forced to stay inside for recess. Tales of adventures with my classmates quickly morphed into tales of adventures with the characters in my head. Based in the suburbs of Toronto, I'm a marketer at a large environmental non-profit in Toronto by day, and a writer by night. Book enthusiast, animal lover and (very) amateur photographer ...more