Start by marking “The Lies (Zombie Ocean #8)” as Want to Read:
The Lies (Zombie Ocean #8)

The Lies

(Last Mayor #8)

7 billion zombies. 1 truth.

The zombie apocalypse killed almost everyone on Earth. Only 700 out of 7 billion people survived.
It began with love, and loss, and lies.
It will end in blood.
The end is coming.

The TV show 'LOST' hammers into the zombie apocalypse in this unrelenting thriller, oozing dystopian pseudoscience and blood-soaked
Published August 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lies

Start your review of The Lies (Zombie Ocean #8)
PJ Lea
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An insightful story in the world of apocalyptic fiction; it goes beyond zombies and man, it reveals the demon in us all. Disturbing and raw, the lies are ripped apart to reveal the truth.
Does Amo begin creeping his way back from the edge and hopefully towards redemption (fingers crossed), or has he doomed himself by his actions? What has become of Anna and Lara on their journeys? This book has many answers but also leaves questions (huge questions!).
The back story is great, adding an ext
Rebecca
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is said that in any endeavor, half the fun of getting from beginning to end is the journey in between. This has never been more true than it is when reading the epic story of Zombie Ocean. Each book in this series is a full-fledged novel, NOT a novella, and is finely crafted with rich background imagery and fully developed characters. If you're reading this, and haven't read the first seven books in this series then please do so immediately so that you can fully understand the complex tale be ...more
Walter Scott
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It tells the story that is behind the story, to date.

The Lies provided me with a lift after reading the horrible and depressing circumstances described in The Lash. (I did write reviews for the first six novels in the Last Mayor of America series; I was unable to come up with a way of communicating how well The Lash was written and not also scare off potential readers by mentioning the heart-breaking content.)
Reading the whole series, to date, has been like putting together a j
Melissa
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of those great keep you reading a series books. It finally provides some answers to the must frustrating questions in this series. Why did this happen? Who caused it and can it be fixed? The book flows quickly as do all of the members of this series but this one deals primarily with backstory and filling in the blanks about what happened to put our favourite characters in this predicament in the first place. There's still plot progression on the Lara and Anna front as each becom ...more
Joseph
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The answers you've been waiting for are here

Okay, so in this book, things get really dark. Just kidding; if you've read the other books in the series you know that they've been dark for a while now. If anything, this book is a little lighter, because while horrible atrocities are going on (and aren't they always?), we start to get answers to the very important questions about the origin of the zombie outbreak. To be honest, I was happy enough without those answers. The characters are compel
Ceh131973
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grist continues his saga of the downfall of mankind. The plot lines clear up and then get all twisted again, in a good way, throughout this series. In THE LIES the characters evolve and become even more complex than they were before, especially Lara, Amo, and Anna. All three characters find out more about the world, themselves, and the force that controls them.

This book seems to be getting closer to an ending of the saga. It is almost like the three main characters all know what they
Robin Franks
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Very good stories but a little hard to keep all the storylines straight. It feels good to finally start getting answers to some of the questions I've had from the beginning. Amo, Lara and Anna have turned into people practically unrecognizable when compared to the first few books. I would recommend this story to any adult reader who enjoys zombie stories.
Syvannah Tewes
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Woah...

This was a thrilling train ride from start to finish. I found answers to questions I didn't know I had, and yet I found even more questions arising. The ending came as a painful stop in my forward motion, and I'm already eagerly anticipating book 9.
Paul
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I believe this is the best of the series so far. It was a great read and I would recommend it to anyone. This series would be a great addition to any personal, school, or public library.
Mark Heath
Apr 03, 2018
melanie kenney
Jan 18, 2018

• The Dog
  • Days of Panic (EMP Survival, #1)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Seasons 1-6 Complete Saga
  • My Dark Amazon (The Children of the Gods, #6.5)
  • Dark Warrior Mine (The Children of the Gods, #7)
  • Dark Warrior's Promise (The Children of the Gods, #8)
  • Goddess’s Choice (The Children of the Gods Origins #1)
  • Dark Stranger: The Dream (The Children of the Gods, #1)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Season Two
  • The Art of Not Giving a Fuck
  • Goddess’s Hope (The Children of the Gods Origins #2)
  • Yesterday's Gone: Season Three
  • Dark Enemy Taken (The Children of the Gods, #4)
  • Dark Enemy Captive (The Children of the Gods, #5)
  • Dark Enemy Redeemed (The Children of the Gods, #6)
  • Dark Warrior's Destiny (The Children of the Gods, #9)
  • Dark Stranger Revealed  (The Children of the Gods, #2)
  • Best Seller
Michael John Grist is a British/American author and ruins photographer who lives in London, UK. He writes dark and weird science fiction and fantasy books, such as the fantasy novel Ignifer’s Rise and the SF series The Ruins Sonata.

For 11 years he lived in Tokyo exploring Japan’s modern ruins, such as abandoned theme parks, military bases, and ghost towns, gaining millions of hits on t

Last Mayor (9 books)
  • The Last (Zombie Ocean, #1)
  • The Lost (Zombie Ocean, #2)
  • The Least (Zombie Ocean, #3)
  • The Loss (Zombie Ocean, #4)
  • The List (Zombie Ocean, #5)
  • The Laws (Zombie Ocean, #6)
  • The Lash (Zombie Ocean #7)
  • The Light (Last Mayor #9)