Start by marking “Mr. Blackwell's Bride (A Good Wife, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Blackwell's Bride (A Good Wife, #2)

Mr. Blackwell's Bride (A Good Wife #2)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Drake
This marriage was supposed to be another business deal. My latest investment, a means to an end… I need an heir. Which means I want her belly swollen with my child before the year is out.

She was supposed to be my perfect little bride. Quiet. Uncomplicated. Unemotional.

I didn’t foresee the stunning firecracker who tumbled into my life and woke things in me I thought we
Published November 8th 2017 by SB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Blackwell's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Blackwell's Bride

My Next BookBf
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“You’re not theirs anymore. You’re mine.”
“Yours?”I hissed, my composure cracking. “You might have bought this body, Mr. Blackwell, but I will never be yours.”His eyes narrowed. “Your attitude will determine whether your life here is heaven or hell. I suggest you rethink it.”

Where do I start? Perhaps where I tell you, you need to read this book? Lol
Mr. Blackwells Bride by Sienna Blake was a unique and interesting story that left me wanting more of that broken Asshole Drake.
Sienna Blake's h
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Blackwell's Bride (A Good Wife #2)
By: Sienna Blake
4.5 Stars

One year. Four seasons. Thirteen cycles of the moon.

Noriko had a plan, one that would last one year. She could pull off one year to save her father. She just needed to remain childless and she could return to her family. The one who really loved her. Not this make believe family she had gotten herself into.

“Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak.”

Noriko could do this. She has it all planned out. The one
❤ Fantasy Land Blog  ⚛Reviewer⚛
So this is my first Sienna Blake book and I LOVED it. There are so much emotion and love brought into this story that I could not put it down. I had no idea what was going to happen on the next page that I just had to keep going. These two characters are in so much pain when they meet and all you want to do is see where it takes them. And man does it take you on a journey. This is a journey of discovery, growing up, and finally finding love. I voluntarily read an advance reader copy for my hones ...more
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kintsugi : Finding beauty in brokenness

description

When a powerful man, Drake Blackwell, a billionaire CEO, gets a life alert/wake up call and needs to reorganise his life , he goes about it in a methodical logical way.
First things on the list :
->Get married
->produce an heir!
For both he needs a wife and since he's sort of a workaholic sociopath, he needs to order one. His specifications - demure, docile, obedient Good Wife
What he hasn't bargained for -Firecracker, outspoken, intelligent, Noriko!
His
EpicRomanceReviews
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 MAJESTIC STARS!!

“Welcome to Blackwell Manor...”

MR. BLACKWELL’S BRIDE by Sienna Blake is PURE SPELLBINDING PERFECTION!!!! I fell madly in love with this author’s sumptuous writing after devouring BEAUTIFUL REVENGE so I was positively giddy with excitement to dive into this brand new standalone! And it truly exceeded every expectation!!

The Story:
After a health-related wakeup call Drake Blackwell wants to produce an heir to carry on the family legacy. The broody billionaire CEO is cursed by his
Simona Misevska
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

description

Тhis book taught me a very important lesson, never judge the book from the blurb, from the blurb you will expect fun,sexy,light insta-love book,but let me tell you something it's nothing like that.This book is raw,dark and so emotional and so addictive.I couldn't stop reading until the end and then i was sorry that is over.The writing is great,the story plot and character development excellent,with many turns so you are always on edgy.I must admit i fell in love with Drake,our hero,he is
Sangria
This author always surprises me....

This was not the story I thought I was getting, it was better. Her characters just make you feel. They always have depth. I loved the Japanese culture she brought to the book. I spent a year there as an exchange student & I adore & admire their culture so that was a sweet surprise.

The love story was a slow burn, imo. But the last part of the book was riveting. My heart was actually pounding for Drake & his father.

She’s a one click author for me. Re
Nithu
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was AWESOME from page 1 till the last page
I am reading such a book after a long time
I have read many books with bossy hero but he was the one who was bossy and sweet
I always relate myself with he heroine but this I related myself with the hero
I don't usually read with characters with two extreme nationality but I really loved this one.......I did not get a feeling that they are very different
I love both the hero and the heroin
I love you Mr.Drake Blackwell
Samantha
Nov 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lol-fuck-off
So basically she speaks fluent English, but can't even convert dollars to yen, when its basically the two most traded forms of currency in the world, and she's studying International Business. Are you kidding me? Also, Noriko's from a 'village'. I'm not sure about you, but wouldn't town be more appropriate in this case? This is the 21st century, and even places with <1000 people are called towns. So why the special term for Japan? It just makes me uncomfortable. Ffs, her university has books ...more
Just Let Me Read- Sammy
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Filled to the brim with passion and emotion, Mr. Blackwell's Bride by Sienna Blake was a thoroughly enjoyable story. A brooding workaholic with a dark past. A feisty and intelligent girl willing to sacrifice herself for her family. Drake and Noriko were two people who got more than they bargained for as a marriage arrangement turned into an unexpected and passionate love story.

"He was mesmerizing, dark power rolling off him. This was a man who knew what he wanted and would not take no for an a
Brigitte
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This retelling of The Girl/Wife Prisoner is just as gripping and really tugs at the heartstrings.

Drake is a billionnaire who buries himself in his work. His parents' marriage wasn't a good example and he is resigned to a loveless life. He wants an heir and goes for an arranged marriage with this sole purpose. No attachments. Attachments bring pain!

Niriko has a simple life in Japan. She is an art lover, but being the oldest in her family with two young sisters, studying art isn't an option. Her
Mette
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Sienna Blake has written a beautiful re-writing of Beauty and the Beast. She pushes the story up to the next level and gives us an emotionally broken Beast and a Beauty torn between the love to Beast and the longing for her family. The pages are literally dripping with tension, hunger, despair, lust, and love.

In Japan, Noriko is trying to take care of her father and sisters after her beloved mother has died. She is studying international business even though her heart is with the great
SOMDReigel
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I started off hating Drake, I felt bad for Noriko, then I disliked both of them, then I LOVED HIM! I don't remember reading a book before where I off the bat I thought the main male character was such a dick and then fell in love with him. I went through so many different emotions regarding these two characters.
Drake was not the typical perfect rich hero, he’s rude, arrogant, demanding, but inside he is hurt, broken and cursed by his past. He’s unsure of how to love his wife; he tries to b
Eryn
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, where to start! Both Drake and Noriko grabbed my heart right from the get-go. Noriko is so spunky, and yet so sweet, she'd just wonderful! And Drake, oh Drake, he might just be my favorite of Sienna's men yet. He's not an easy man to love, but that just makes it even sweeter, does it not?

I won't lie, this one did take me a couple chapters to get into it, but then it grabbed me by my soul and took me along for the entire ride. The ups and downs, the arguments and the tender moments. Even w
Corrie
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Blackwell's Bride is a total WIN for me!

What made this book for me were the tears.  It's been a while since I have found a book that pulled in all the right places and made me cry.  Those are truly my favorite books and I was able to enjoy this book from beginning to end.

Drake was truly one of the biggest jerks around...he just really didn't know what to do with Noriko and the new expectations that being a husband really presented.  I think that is what made the emotions for me.  He was so
Michelle Page
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ecopy of this book to review. As I have read several of Sienna's (AND Hannah's) books, so this was a win win for me. I thought at first it would take me a couple of days to finish, but in truth I could not put this book down. I had to make myself go to sleep last night! Drake is so deeply self loathing and cocky at the same time. To see the depth of the scared child that morphed into this closed off man is amazing. Noriko is the right balance of steele and cherry blossom. She h ...more
Loren
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another hit for me!

Mr. Blackwell's Bride follows a similar pattern as Beautiful Revenge, but in a different perspective. It was a really enjoyable read, and the story had me hooked from the very beginning.

I loved everything about this book. It was full of emotion, and passion, and I loved the complexities of the characters and how much they built each other, as well how much they ruined one another.

My heart felt for Drake, and for how felt about himself. He was flawed, and I couldn't love him
Joyffree
Wow - This is one of those reads that despite how much you dislike the leading male you can not help but pity him
His world is controlled, organized and utterly empty - he has everything until the day his chest begins to ache - just a touch - but that little ache is enough to bring his empire to ruins
She is in a position of duty - after losing her mother she steps up to care for her sisters and her father - when he falls ill she decides there is no price too high to ensure he is cared for
What ha
Kari Hansen
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Drake is a wealthy man who manages his empire but after a health scare he has been told to not work as hard and spend time with those he is closest to. As he looks at his life he realize that he doesn’t have anyone like that in his life so he decides the best way to solve this dilemma is to purchase a wife.

Since the passing of her mother Norika has been trying to look after her father and siblings however now her father is ill and the only hope for treatment he has is very costly. She will do wh
Maria Angie Mendoza
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heartfelt, passionate and compelling story of second chances and learning how to love.
Romantic, seductive and full of angst.
A poignant story with flawed complicated characters had me totally absorbed by their beautiful passionate story.
This time we meet Drake and Noriko.
Despite his riches and his lavish life style nothing could have prevented a scare forcing him to make life altering decisions.
Slow down, he was told...spend time with the ones you love!
So...like a wise busy man on a mission...
Teri
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Honor when misplaced can do major damage. These two twisted by pain and the past just tore each other apart for all the wrong reasons. Him in his pain from his families past, the sins of the father and mother in his case. Her with her father and her family. Their differences are their shields, their walls, their downfall.

This author takes us deep into the twisted thinking and feelings of a broken torn up soul who finds the one woman who may help him see what real love is all about. I love this
Michelle "Chelle" Thompson
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Absolutely amazing story. Emotional, pull of passion, and definitely a page turner. I was pulled in the story from page one and stayed captivated until the very end.
Brittany (The Crafty Engineer's Bookshelf)
Sienna Blake never fails to deliver a story that will keep you entertained. Mr. Blackwell's Bride is phenomenal! It's part of a series but can be read as a standalone.

There are so many twists throughout this story that I've come to expect from Ms Blake. I was hooked from the very beginning and didn't want to put this book down. I can't wait to see what this author has in store for us next!
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
Mr. Blackwell’s Bride by Sienna Blake is yet another emotionally driven read. A workaholic with a dark dreary past, and a young woman who would do anything for her family. Whst was an arranged marriage, turned into so much more.

Drake is not your typical alpha male. He’s dark, broody, and rude, but on the inside..... he’s just a little lost. And lonely. He would never admit that though.......

But can Noriko see’s right through that thick skull of his.

Secrets are about to be unleashed, which lea
MellysBooks
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book it reminded me so much of Beauty and The Beast. Yet it was different and so much better.

I loved both characters even though Drake came off strong and closed off basically he was a jerk! But I enjoyed seeing how Noriko changed everything for him, even towards the end he was still a stubborn asshole, you could see the love he had for her.

I loved finding out why Drake was such a closed off person. He needed someone like Noriko to come in and break those walls. Noriko was such a
Sienna Blake
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Mr. Blackwell's Bride is LIVE!!!
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon CA
Amazon AU

Can beauty tame this beastly billionaire?

description

WIN a Kindle Fire for helping me share this release!
ENTER ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE
description

WIN a $25 Amazon GC & Signed Paperback!
EXCLUSIVE TO MY READER GROUP!
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once again, Sienna Blake delivers an enthralling, demanding love story with Mr. Blackwell’s Bride. I found myself utterly wrapped-up in Drake and Noriko’s story from the second I opened the book until I read the final word. I never knew how much I loved arranged marriage books, but after reading this one and a handful of others over the last several months, I’m finding them to be a favorite literary theme.

Mr. Blackwell’s Bride is the second book in Sienna Blake’s Good Wife series. It is a comple
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

This is the second book in Sienna's Good Wife series, but it is a complete standalone.

Drake is facing health issues, and has a strict order from his doctor to slow down and spend time with loved ones. So he decides to get married. But it's a business deal, like any other.

Noriko is trying to find a way to save her ailing father, and her family. As the oldest of three girls in a very traditional Japanese family, its up to her.  When she decides to accept an offer of one year of marriage,
Mary
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Drake seems to have it all, he is a billionaire and CEO of his own company, what more could he need? Then a visit to the doctor shakes his foundation, he is working too hard, has too much stress and this is affecting his heart. He suddenly realizes he has no one to pass on his company, the legacy he carried from his father and grew. Norico is the eldest daughter to her family in Japan, her father drops a bomb that he has cancer but they have no funds to fight the disease. She takes a risk and se ...more
Crissy
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I wish I could say that I enjoyed this book as much as I did the first standalone in this series, but in all honesty I didn't. I can't lie, the beginning of the book had me wanting more but as the story went on, I went from being excited to being aggravated with these characters. Yes, Drake had a rough childhood to say the least but at times the way he acted and treated Noriko was TOO MUCH. I disliked all of the anger he displayed and the control he needed. Noriko had her faults too, especially ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sienna Blake is a storyteller & inksinger, wordspinner of love stories with grit, and alter ego of a USA Today Bestselling Author.

She loves all things that make her heart race — rollercoasters, thrillers and rowdy unrestrained sex.

If she told you who she really was, she’d have to kill you. Because of her passion for crime and forensics, she’d totally get away with your murder.

Sienna also runs
More about Sienna Blake

A Good Wife (2 books)
  • Beautiful Revenge (A Good Wife, #1)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • At Wave's End
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49