Start by marking “Going to Wings” as Want to Read:
Going to Wings

Going to Wings

Publisher: Third Lung Press ..". A palpable and invigorating book, mapping one woman's lifelong efforts to discover her own sexual identity through Christianity and friendship." Kirkus Review "Sandra Worsham's humor, clear-eyed honesty stitch this amazing quilt of meaning and experience together in a wonderful way." Jill McCorkle, author of Life after Life and Going Away S ...more
Published August 17th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Going to Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going to Wings

Natalie
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I appreciate the author's honesty. Many people struggle with accepting who they really are especially in the areas of religious beliefs and gaining their own independence. Worsham allows the rest of us to see that we are not alone in that struggle.
Letha
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. I cried and laughed. I highly recommend this book. This book is written by an author that writes with her heart.
Kate
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is very well-written memoir. The characters come alive so much that I feel like they have been part of my life. The story is touching, honest, and ,at times, gut wrenching.
Reader Views
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Kimberly Luyckx for Reader Views (1/18)

“Going to Wings” is the story of a young woman who struggles to fit herself into the mold of a wife from the Deep South in the 1970’s. In her memoir, Sandra Worsham is uncomfortable with who she is until she gains new perspectives outside the realm of her small conservative circle. She finds a way to break from the stereotypic role of a woman who marries to be a housewife when she befriends the town’s eccentric - a self-made woman who lights up
Scarlett Peterson
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, favorites
Worsham has composed a truly compelling memoir, wrought with emotion and vulnerability. I had the chance to speak with her at a reading prior to reading the book for myself, and I believe that her kindness and compassion are mirrored on the page.

Worsham’s story meant something to me, and I hope that it reaches readers far and wide.
Linda
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A memoir that covers coming out, religious conversion, being a caretaker for an aging parent and friend, love, loss, and more. Written by an award-winning Georgia English teacher. I would like to hear more about her teaching experience, but I guess that would be another whole book.
Dee Tighe
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
excellent read. compassionate, tearful and challenging.
Dana Portwood