Start by marking “Goodnight, Seahorse” as Want to Read:
Goodnight, Seahorse

Goodnight, Seahorse

A child's first introduction to creatures of the sea as a seahorse makes its way home to "bed."
Board Book
Published April 1st 2018 by Muddy Boots

To ask other readers questions about Goodnight, Seahorse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodnight, Seahorse

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Goodnight Seahorse is a brief children’s book whose purpose is to introduce small children to creatures of the sea. It does exactly that with the most stunning illustrations I’ve seen. Carly Allen-Fletcher is a trained artist who used a multi-step process to “build” each vibrant page. I would buy her art in canvas or print form. It is breathtaking!

I highly recommend this board book for its artistic and engaging content.

Thank you to Carly Allen-Fletcher, Muddy Boots, and Netgalley for the copy.
Montzalee Wittmann
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Goodnight, Seahorse by Carly Allen-Fletcher is a book I requested from NetGalley and the review is voluntary.
I adored the few pictures but the very few words that are in there seem to be a very poor take on Goodnight Moon. It fails to make it.
Storywraps
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This sweet book is very reminiscent of the bestseller Good Night Moon by Margaret Wise Brown. An adorable little seahorse makes his way back to his home to finally wrap up his day and get some rest in his bed. He swims in the vast ocean under the waves and along the way he encounters an octopus, a starfish, a wobbegong, a lion fish, and a squid. He sleepily wishes them goodnight as he passes by. Finally he parks himself in his cozy spot in the coral and is gone......

This charming book is the per
Carla Johnson-Hicks
A beautiful bedtime story that introduces babies and toddlers to animals that live in the sea. There is very little text, telling the animals good night, but what is there is simple and flows well. The illustrations are what makes this book. They are large, colourful and vibrant. They contain other animals than those mentioned in the text. The back of the book has a page with all the animals illustrated and their names so you can go back and find them all. A great addition to a family library or ...more
April
Goodnight, Seahorse by Carly Allen-Fletcher
Publisher: Muddy Boots
ISBN: 1630763330
Publish Date: May 1, 2018

Thanks to NetGalley and publisher Muddy Boots for an ebook ARC of Goodnight, Seahorse by Carly Allen-Fletcher in exchange for an honest review.

This book is about a child’s first introduction of creatures of the sea. Its about a seahorse making its way home to bed.

I give this book a rating of 5 stars. It was a very cute and colourful book about the sea for children. My 4 year old daughter rea
Cat
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Some little ones are going to enjoy this little book! I bet even babies will enjoy hearing it! My Kindle only shows Black and while illustrations, but I'm betting they are very colorful and bright! They should be if they aren't! Lovely story of a little seahorse going home to bed and saying goodnight to all manner of sea creatures. Super cute!
I a Kindle Arc in exchange for a fair review from Netgalley.
Erin
Goodnight, Seahorse is a wonderfully, simple little book featuring all the brightly colored creatures that call the coral reef home. We move from page to page saying goodnight to each creature while getting a look at its habitat. This would be a perfect Storytime book and a great way to introduce young readers to these lovely sea creatures.
Amanda
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The story is cute and the artwork is lovely. My daughter got excited about the mentioning of the wobbegong shark. I just wish it would have been longer.

3 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book, which I voluntarily reviewed.
Kristin
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely good night book -- or anytime book -- for young children. The illustrations are vibrant and gorgeous, and the variety of sea creatures spans the familiar to the unheard of. The end of the book has a collection of creatures with their names. My one complaint is that it ended too early!
Jennica
Shelves: childrens
This book has beautiful illustrations. It is similar to Goodnight Moon, which I love too. My kids loved this book and loved the different sea creatures that it introduces. Will make a cute gift to anyone having a baby.
Jj
Aug 08, 2018
Ryan
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
As seahorse swims home to bed he says goodnight to the other sea creatures on the coral reef. Fantastic illustrations.
Adrienne
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
This bedtime board book follows a seahorse heading off to bed, saying good night to other ocean creatures along the way. The illustrations are vibrant and beautiful. This simple book is great for small children.

I read a copy from the publisher via NetGalley. All opinions are my own.
Jenny Houle
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
GOODNIGHT, SEAHORSE is a quick but beautiful way to introduce young ones to the animals of the sea. The art style is very Carle-esque, yet the book reads not unlike GOODNIGHT MOON. Each page shows another sea creature in their ocean bed, from octopuses who sleep on piles of pebbles, to the little seahorse who sleeps among coral.
Rebecca
Oct 01, 2018
Emily P
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very cute story! The pictures were beautiful and my 6 year old loved the story of the seahorse as he heads to bed. Great gift idea for anyone whose kiddos love the sea or sea animals. Unique, beautifully illustrated, it's going on my list for suggestions for birthday and Christmas gifts!
Emily
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the illustrations in “Goodnight, Seahorse.” Overall, it was a cute book, but I didn’t like the mixing of fonts.
Karen Nelson
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet goodnight nook for young children. The book has excellent illustrations of sealife and presents it in a way to wind down a child's busy day. As a speech language pathologist, this is an excellent way to build language skills, turn taking skills, and vocabulary skills. I would recommend this book to all my parents of autistic and language delayed children to build in predictability to encourage verbal language. Love the illustrations. Buy this book and give it as a gift to expecting ...more
Sarah Brunt
Feb 27, 2019
Stacey
Sep 18, 2018
Susan Underbrink
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A big thank you to NetGalley and Rowman and Littlefield for the ARC.I am voluntarily reviewing this book. This is a cute story with nice graphics. Not many kids know some of the animals which will make it fun. Parents they may ask questions!! I rated this a 3.5. I think most small kids would enjoy the pictures.
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Through beautiful artwork, we follow Seahorse in her way home for the night. As she goes along, she wishes the critters she meets along the way a goodnight. From the expected octopus and squid, to the unusual wobbegong, we get treated to a variety of life to be found amongst the coral reefs. This is a great bedtime read for infants and toddlers. The pictures are soothing, with calming colours and shapes with softened edges. Recommended!

***Many thanks to Netgalley and Muddy Boots Books for provid
Feb 26, 2019
Thane
is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2019
Carly Allen-Fletcher is a British freelance illustrator living and working in the Midlands. Her work explores the combination of digital painting and traditional media, creating images by layering graphic shapes with painted textures and handmade elements. She is inspired by nature, geometric forms, and interesting places.

follow her on social media for behind-the-scenes looks at her work: https://