Start by marking “The Double Deal” as Want to Read:
The Double Deal

The Double Deal

(Alaskan Oil Barons #2)

Mills & Boon Desire series delivers powerful, passionate romances…

Snowbound with a sexy stranger…will sharing his bed destroy her plans or lead to forever?

Naomi Steele knows it’s sneaky to sleep with Royce Miller without revealing her identity. So is neglecting to mention she’s pregnant. Still, being stranded with the reclusive scientist provides the perfect opport

Published March 6th 2018 by Harlequin Desire (first published March 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Double Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Double Deal

Madison Warner Fairbanks
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hard-copy, romance, series
The Double Deal by Catherine Mann

Contemporary romance series. Second in the series. Can be read on its own.
Big family. Lots of characters.

Games. I’m not a fan of manipulation and game playing. Naomi, as a lawyer and part of a large family, knows lots of tricks on behavior and uses them. Royce is smart and often catches on quickly. They are a well matched pair.

I enjoyed reading this second book of the families merging. It is interesting how really small the world can be at times.
Wendy Keel
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My goodness! I have to say this book is full of goodness and spoilers for the series so I won't mention anything to detailed but be warned you are in for a few surprises!!! I loved Royce and Naomi! Royce is such a strong character who will appeal to fans of Sheldon and other genesis characters. They are such strong personalities who know they have limits but are willing to face them. Be prepared there are some twists and turns in this story! I won't go into detail on those as I feel they are spo ...more
Aly
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Naomi Steele work as an attorney for her family's Alaskan-based oil business. Battling with cancer when she was a teenager left her with the desire to embrace life and not always second guessing what she wants. But her decision to have a baby in vitro with the frozen eggs before the treatments is a reflected one. But that's why, even if sleeping with the reclusive genius she have to convince to come work for her family's company is not a great strategy, she won't resist the attraction that b
Mary
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This second book in CM's Alaskan Oil Barons series is as good as the first. It is Naomi and Royce's story. It also adds somemore background for the series. I would recommend this and the first book of the series as well. Good read!
Cheryl
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series! It shows the inside tension when two Alaskan families try to merger their oil companies. Each book is centering on either a Steele or a Mikkelson.
Melody Cox
This book had many elements that I don't care for. We have a heroine who suffered from cancer as a teen and everyone treats her as though she is breakable and she hates it. She is now a tough attorney. She's two months pregnant by a sperm donor through IFV. She meets the hero and begins a relationship with him without confessing to him about the pregnancy. I would have thought she would have told him before they were intimate.

The hero was engaged and his fiance miscarried their baby then dumped
Debby Owens
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: catherine-mann
I loved this story! The setting was unique and such fun..., two very strong and intelligent characters.. I like that there are secondary characters (at least in this book.. maybe they will have their own story in the future!) that offer a slightly different perspective looking at the main two characters... Fun story and I can't wait for the next one!! :)
Marcie Robinson
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The Double Deal” is book two of Catherine Mann’s Alaskan Oil Barons miniseries and features Royce Miller and Naomi Steele.

Royce is a scientist and is intent on making the oil industry safe. Naomi is the Steele family lawyer and is intent on having Royce work for her family instead of a competing company.
Neither expect to feel so attracted to each other and it’s the last thing either want. The chemistry between these two can heat up the coldest Alaskan winter!
Royce is protective of Naomi because
Karen
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Double Deal by Catherine Mann (Book two of the Alaskan Oil Barons Series)

Catherine Mann really knows how to bring her characters to life and can make you feel like your a part of the family. She can draw you into her stories.

The Double Deal is the story of Naomi Steele whose life growing up had brought her more challenges than anyone should ever have endured in a lifetime. Naomi always felt she needed to prove herself not only to her family, their family company, but everyone around her.

In t
Toni
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

Catherine Mann continues the Alaska Oil Barons series with the Double Deal. This series is so much fun. I love watching the two families meld and how each book just naturally builds on the other. Naomi and Royce are a fun couple and I look forward to seeing more of them as the series unfolds. The focus on the secondary characters and a variety of POV, give this book a whole different feel. Those that are still gun-shy about reading category romance should get over it and pick up this series, tho
Traci Westling
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Double Deal was quite a surprise with the the level of heat & chemistry between our lovely Naomi and Sexy smart Royce! First , a pregnancy troupe alone is my ALL TIME favorite so there’s that! Then we’ve got our happy little couple here who have amazing chemistry along with YET another couple who’s also spicing things up with this who family Alaskan Oil empire plot! I felt like I was getting two doses of great heated romance while these Oil families are trying to merge financially & ...more
Anita Hayes
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series that I have read. Honestly, I was a little leery on the beginning but I kept reading because I love Cathys books and knew she would work it all out for the best. I am so glad that I did because this huge family is a riot and these characters are amazing. Highly looking forward to the next book in this series.
Jess Lawson
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Double Deal by Catherine Mann is the second book in the Alaskan Oil Baron Series. I have read both books in the series so far but they can both be read as stand alone. Each book you get to visit with each character of the Steele Family. I love getting to know so many characters and then later getting to read each one's story. I guess you could say I have a thing for series. This one is no different.

Naomi and Royce are a match made in heaven. Naomi uses her lawyer skills a lot in communicati
Angelica Morado
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
So so. This story involves the Steele daughter who is a lawyer and she goes after a reclusive scientist in a remote part of Alaska. She wants to get him to work for her family company. But after spending a night, she gets pregnant and doesn’t tell him until much later.
Emmanuelle Turpin
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge fan of Catherine Mann, and I really loved this book.
Amanda
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin-desire
It was good but found out they are also the couple in book four.
Lilly
Fowler Teneille
Dec 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Harlequin Desire:...: Catherine Mann -FB Live video 1 2 Mar 08, 2018 04:43PM
Harlequin Desire:...: The Double Deal by Catherine Mann 3 7 Mar 02, 2018 01:14PM
USA Today bestseller Catherine Mann and RITA Award winner, Catherine writes contemporary romance for Berkley, Harlequin, Sourcebooks and Tule. With over sixty books released in more than twenty countries, she has also celebrated six RITA finals, an RT Reviewer’s Award finalist, three Maggie Award of Excellence finals and a Bookseller’s Best win. A former theater school director and university inst ...more

Alaskan Oil Barons (8 books)
  • The Baby Claim (Alaskan Oil Barons, #1)
  • The Love Child
  • The Twin Birthright
  • The Second Chance
  • The Rancher's Seduction (Alaskan Oil Barons)
  • The Billionaire Renegade (Alaskan Oil Barons)
  • The Secret Twin (Alaskan Oil Barons)