Start by marking “The Way We Met” as Want to Read:
The Way We Met

The Way We Met

What is it that captures someone’s heart? A touch, a smile, a spark that lasts a lifetime.

Love is something that is shared by all and every couple has their unique story of how they met. This anthology of romantic short stories ranges in time from the late 1800s to the modern day with tales of the first glimpses of romance.

From a tale of immigrants finding eac
Published September 9th 2017 by Self-published

To ask other readers questions about The Way We Met, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way We Met

Jamie Brydone-Jack
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a lovely collection of ten somewhat long short stories that each highlight how a particular couple met. The stories range in time from the late 1800s to now. They are written alternating between the hero’s and the heroine’s perspectives in the first person. I would have liked to have seen the POV mixed up a little in these stories, as the first person can be a little tedious to read for such a long time, especially when you're constantly switching characters. In these stories, the author is ...more
Margaret Watkins
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A well written anthology of love stories, depicts the way 10 couples met. When I think about it, one of the most catalytic moments in any relationship is the way in which the couple meet. It is the story they will tell their grandchildren and the question most often asked. Each of the stories speaks of attraction and connection, and finally the outcome. I loved the stories almost as much as I love telling my grandchildren our own story, and I loved hearing my grandparents' love story of how they ...more
Heather Wamboldt
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This wonderful collection of short stories is comprised of ten stories dating from the 1800s to the current day. Each of these tells the story of how a couple met with delightful characters and descriptions. Well done!

BP34
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great collection of romance stories that offer a variety. Something for everyone. Contemporary love stories as well as stories from the 1800's. Ten well written stories that chronicle how couples met. Great read. I received an advance copy and voluntarily chose to review this collection.
Pat
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful collection of ten stories that are beautifully written with characters that are so well developed that I was hooked from page one!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Melissa
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
This bundle is the perfect love anthology, the stories depict attraction, love, connection and their endings. There's just something about the references and descriptions of each time and era.

Urszula
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A love stories from different time periods. All full of details from the reality the story takes place. Interesting characters and backgrounds. Pleasurable reads.

Linda Levine
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great set of romantic stories that focus on when the couples first met. Each story takes place at a different time period. I enjoyed all the stories. They are well written and include interesting characters and storylines.

I ma voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
Kim F
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book. I was blown away with the story, I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong characters. I want more.....I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Diane Bleyer
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting short stories

My only complaint was I've just learned the names of the story characters and it would end and another story began.
P
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Way We Met (ARC) by Patricia M. Jackson: **** quick, clean, heartwarming sweet stories from different eras/circumstances/cultures. I liked some more than others, but overall very good.
Theresa Williams
Anne
Oct 23, 2017
Lindsey
Oct 23, 2017
Patricia M Jackson started out life raised a country girl, growing up in a series of small Minnesotan towns. She writes fiction wrapped around the stories of real people. She draws inspiration for her novels from people she’s found in researching genealogy or people she’s known who lived inspired lives; people who deserve to be remembered forever. She weaves their stories with fiction within a rom ...more