Start by marking “Master of Torment (Blood Sword Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Master of Torment (Blood Sword Legacy, #2)

Master of Torment

(Blood Sword Legacy #2)

Wulfson of Trevelyn, trusted knight of William the Conqueror, has never met a man he could not master. But in the tempestuous young widow Tarian of Trent, known as the Lady Warrior, Wulf may finally have met his match. Ordered by the king to curb an armed dispute between Tarian and her dead husband's uncle, Wulf captures the lady but falls captive himself to her seductive ...more
Published November 25th 2008 by Pocket Star (first published November 20th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Master of Torment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Master of Torment

Corrine
Apr 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
I am so glad that I didn't give up on this series. This book definitely made up for the lack of romance in the last one. Although some people have problems with Tabke's very gritty portrayal of medieval battle, I commend her for taking that step. It makes the action scenes draw not only viscerally, but emotionally as well.

Tarian and Wulf were a great couple: adversarial at times, complementary, sometimes funny and always sparking with chemistry. Wulf's battle to keep true to his king or to his h
Alba Turunen
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, medieval
2 Estrellas. La verdad que la lectura no ha sido lo que me esperaba. Quizás es culpa mía porque el primer libro me gustó mucho, pero éste no ha estado a la altura.

El problema de que no me haya gustado ha estado en la historia en general. No está mal contada, es simplemente que no me ha atrapado. En otras circunstancias es posible que me hubiese gustado más. Pero no he conectado ni con la historia, ni con los personajes.

A Wulfson lo conocimos en el anterior libro, y la verdad es que él es un amor
Bookaholics
Nov 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Master of Torment by Karin Tabke
Mass Market Paperback Medieval Historical – November 25, 2008
4 Stars

Master of Torment explores the political intrigues of Medieval times as the 2 main characters are thrust into a complex tale of deception. This book was filled with so much tension I was anxious to discover how the hero and heroine would ever live happily together.

Wulfson is the trusted vassal of King William and has been sent on a mission to kill the Lady Tarian, a warrior of noble blood who i
Kathleen
Mar 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Yet another great read for me. I know this series is not for everyone but I am truely enjoying it and am glad I finally started reading this series. I have one more book to read in this series, Master Of Craving and I am going to read it in the very near future.
Meleofa
Jun 06, 2013 rated it liked it
By the end of the book, it turned out interesting, but the first parts were a bit slow. Lots of intrigue, betrayal, and angst. Kings and knights and Lords and Ladies. It was okay.
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
I'm obsessed with this series! Love it and highly recommend!!!
Rach~The Highlander luverrr
10 STARS +
Karin Tabke is AWESOME....... Yup thats the word this author should be titled with because every single page in her books are brilliant page turners..

I read so much regencey and medievil books that i find they all start to sound the same and bore me to death.. once the union is consumated i lose interest..
but not in karen Tabkes books nooooooooooooo.

This book had me yet again at page one.. and the first scene in the book introduced us to the beautiful royal warrior Tarian..

Tarian w
Stevie
Wow. I don't know how she managed it but this was actually better than the first one. Tabke is an incredibly talented author and elevates the genre standard. These stories have adventure, romance, thrilling battles and nasty bad guys. Consummate writing technique with intelligence and a remarkable command of the language for the time period that brings the book alive. There is not much held back on the violence so not for anyone looking for fluff, pretty graphic but it's true to the time. The mo ...more
Barbara ★
Jan 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes medieval romances
Book 2 is even better than book 1 (Master of Surrender). It has the classic storyline: fight, fight, fight, lust, lust, heroine in harms way, hero saves her. fight, fight, fight, hero in harms way, heroine sacrifices all to save his life. LOVE is the result.

The path to this conclusion is terrific and had me on the edge of my seat, literally. This book deals with the fighting between the Welsh, the Saxons and the Normans in 1067. Little bit of bloodlust and sword fighting (especially from the he
Rose
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kobo-purchase
I like a female character who is strong in personality and beliefs but I couldn't connect with this small woman being physically strong. I also couldn't feel the connection between the two main characters.

The book is better than 2 stars but not quite 3 in my opinion. I liked the first book better than this one. I think I will take a brake from this series and maybe come back to it in the future.
Denise
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great story, but I didn't realize this was a series. Not I have to get the first book. I hate reading out of order. It was fine as a stand alone. Tarian's character was well written as was Wulfson ( ~sigh~ ). They were perfect together. I love a strong h and Tarian was just that!
Chloe Friend
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historic, romance
I love this series, the romances are so rough and more realistic of the time than so many novels I've read!

Would serious recommend if you love historic romances and want one that's romantic... But still believable and isn't all hearts and flowers!!!
Sha Mslvoe
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sha Mslvoe by: ~ Becs ~
Great romance and I truly enjoyed it. A quick read to anyone who love medieval romance.
PepperP0t
Norman Rohan du Luc awaited death in a brutal Iberian prison along with his brothers at arms, fellow mercenaries and an unknown Saracen. Punished for surviving the horrific brutality inflicted on them, the men are bound as the Brotherhood of the Blood Swords and began sharing a legacy and cutting swaths of victory across the continent.

Seven years later, having become a notorious death squad for William the Conqueror, Rohan and the Brotherhood seize Rossmoor, easily overwhelming the unskilled Sax
Clarice
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wulfson of Trevelyn, one of William the Conqueror, trusted Black Swords Knights, has never met a man that he could not master, however, the tempestuous young widow Tarian of Trent, known as Lady Warrior is another matter. Wulf may have finally met his match. Ordered by the King to curb an armed dispute between Tarian and her dead husband's uncle. Wulf captures the lady but falls captive himself to her seductive dark beauty. To Lady Tarian's dismay, however, neither her fighting spirit nor her wi ...more
Jm
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Le premier tome nous avait offert une belle nouveauté dans le style et dans la façon de nous décrire l'époque de la conquête normande. Cette suite nous confirme le talent de l'auteur, même si elle ne nous satisfait pas totalement.

Lady Tarian est une épine dans le pied du nouveau roi d'Angleterre, Guillaume. Elle est la nièce du roi Harold, l'ancien roi défait par Guillaume, mais elle est aussi membre de nombreuses familles puissantes qui entourent l'Angleterre. Elle se retrouve dans une mauvaise
Kristy Mills
I liked this one better than the first Blood Swords book.

Lady Tarian has murdered her husband, has her own army and has royal blood in her veins. The King sees her as a possible threat so he sends one of his trusted Knights, Wulfson of Trevelyn to take care of her before she can cause any problems for King William. When Wulfson arrives, he finds her locked up in the dungeon, tortured and half dead already, by her uncle in law.

I loved this book. It was such a good story line, Wulfson so loyal t
Vera
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tras "Marcada por el destino", en que conocimos la historia de Rohan du Luc e Isabel de Alethorpe, ahora es el turno de Wulfson de Trevelyn, otro de los bastardos de la hermandad que conocimos en esta primera novela.
Para el rey Guillermo el Conquistador, lady Tarian de Godwinson es sinónimo de problemas sobre todo cuando su esposo, Malcor de Dunloc, muere repentinamente apenas quince días después de la boda. Wulfson de Trevelyn es el capitán de la guardia de élite del rey Guillermo al que se le
Slayermel
Oct 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a good romance book
This is the second book in "The Blood Sword Legacy" series by Karin Tabke. I really enjoyed this book and was thrilled to read about the warriors in the brotherhood again.

This story focuses on Wulfson, he is sent with some of his Bloodsword knights by King William to clear up a dispute between Lady Tarian and her dead husband's uncle. The story gets a little more involved when King William orders that she should be disposed of because she is a blood relation to the former King Harold. She is al
Jamie
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Now, it probably would have been a five star read, I really enjoy her writing but I have to so be in the mood for medieval times romance and while I loved the character especially how strong she was I had to really get my head in the game. She has great detail, funny scenes, and I love the main characters, very little upsets them,they move on but their are tender parts, and violence and sex and role that into one untouchable warrior, who's found a woman who can wield a sword like no ones busines ...more
Staci
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book was not as good as Tabke's previous book in this series. What's worse is that this book actually has a woman warrior as the heroine and yet the very ladylike heroine of the first book seems such a stronger character, both development wise as well as characteristic wise. Tabke has several instances in the book in which Tarian is shown to be a warrior and yet I found myself doubting her warrior skills throughout the novel. Supposedly this is the second of ten novels; hopefully the others ...more
Gia
I'm sorry to say that I was disappointed and frustrated with this story. Mainly because of the heroine character continually deceives and plots, when to me all honesty can make things sooooo much easier but then there wouldn't be much of a story I suppose. From the get go, the relationship started with deceit without a fleeting thought. I battled through it and hope the next is not as frustrating but I have a liking for these Knights and will continue to read for their sakes.
Mumsgang
This was the secound book in the blood sword legency book , which tells the tales of 8 bloodsword soldiers who are the elite squad to william the conquer, again this book was well written, great plots and good charecters and love story, i again could not put this book down and thouroughly enjoyed it again, cant wait for the next one
Modesty_b
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Melissa
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tarian is a strong female character who can wield a sword, shoot an arrow and has a small army at her beck and call. She needs a husband and an heir to secure her fortune and future. The new Norman King wants her dead. He sends Wulfson to take care of it but he cannot seem to complete this particular mission.
Welzen
Nov 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, romántica
Sortilegio es un libro que pertenece a una serie de guerreros que tienen en común un atormentado pasado. La historia en sí no está mal pero sigue los mismo cauces que otras novelas ambientadas en la conquista de los normandos. Sinceramente me esperaba otra cosa. Le doy un bien raspado.
Cynthia
Jun 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Even better than the first! With two strong leading characters, the hero, Wulfson, and heroine, Tarian, and a supporting cast that doesn't quit. This story is full of intrigue that kept me guessing until the very end.
Chris
Nov 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Lady Tarian is a warrior in her own right. She fights to protect her lands and her people from the legendary and deadly Black swords. Lady Tarian soon discovers she also needs to protect her heart from the dark knight Sir Wulfson.

I read this book first and loved it. I couldn't put it down.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in Karin Tabke's Blood Sword Legacy. Set in Medieval England in the times of William the Conqueror and the conquest of England.

Like the first book, it is gritty and intense at times but ultimately made a good read.
Elinor Master of Gifs
4,5 Une très bonne romance, intense et pleine d'émotions ! Tarian est une héroïne comme je les aime, forte malgré les épreuves, c'est une guerrière qui ne se laisse pas faire. Une belle histoire donc.
  • The Conqueror
  • Lord of Seduction (The Risande Family, #3)
  • Knight of Pleasure (All the King's Men #2)
  • The Angel and the Prince
  • Come Back to Me (Viking & Saxon, #3)
  • Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6)
  • A Dark Champion (Brotherhood of the Sword #5)
  • The Warrior
  • His Enemy's Daughter
  • Her Warrior King (MacEgan Brothers #2)
  • Dark Champion (Dark Champion, #2)
  • The Bride Of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #1)
  • The Last Arrow (Robin Hood, #3)
For a long time, controlled chaos ruled Karin’s life. Busy mother of four, owner of her own successful business and wife to a street cop, she harbored thoughts of twisting plots and hot romantic scenes. Now, with only one child left at home and hubby retired from law enforcement, Karin happily pounds out those steamy scenes at her keyboard.

Still semi-distracted by her adult children (Yay! no more

Blood Sword Legacy (4 books)
  • Master of Surrender (Blood Sword Legacy, #1)
  • Master of Craving (Blood Sword Legacy, #3)
  • A Knight to Remember (Blood Sword Legacy, #3.5)