Start by marking “Burn in Hail (Hail Raisers #3)” as Want to Read:
Burn in Hail (Hail Raisers #3)

Burn in Hail

(Hail Raisers #3)

One look at the sixteen-year-old, prim and proper town goody-two-shoes, Hennessy Hanes, and Tate Casey knows he’s in trouble. He knows he should stay away from the preacher’s daughter, but there’s something about her he’s drawn to, and he can’t resist the pull.

The more he gets to know her, the more he realizes that something isn’t right. He may not be able put
Published November 17th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Burn in Hail, please sign up.
Connie Ballesteros My opinion is that with this author is better to read in order because she introduces the other characters and gives a little of their background in…moreMy opinion is that with this author is better to read in order because she introduces the other characters and gives a little of their background in each book. This particular book however, I think can be read as a standalone.(less)

Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Gi's Spot Reviews
Turtlex
Some sweet some sour. What used to be an automatic buy for me, is now a wait and see. I’m on the fence with this series. Typically I love me a down and dirty man just released from prison smutfest. This one falls a little short from the mark for me. Tate Casey is a rough and tumble tow truck driver who seems to fit the bill for a sexy hero, just released from jail, 6’5” and deliciously bearded. However, you can’t just have a beard, you need to be a bearded boss man who knows how to swing that bi ...more
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"It didn't matter that she was the notorious good girl, and I was the infamous bad boy."

If I wasn't already addicted to this series, this installment alone would have pulled me in. I can't resist a broken bad boy and Tate is one of the best kind. He uses the bad for good. The trouble he gets into is not something he would avoid if given the choice for a do-over. He doesn't regret the choice that landed him in jail, he'd do it again. But the courts think he needs anger management and when he gets a
Libby Harrison

No way is this girl a psychologist!!
Sooooo unprofessional it's ridiculous

Also, if she knew her father slept with that woman then can't she throw that in his face whenever he gets on at her about the way she dresses??

You are a grown-ass woman!!
Brandy Roberts
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book by Lani Lynn Vale I'm seriously addicted to her books there full of lovable characters , story line that hooks you in , and give you the feels . Burn in hail can be read as a standalone though the hero is slightly mentioned in the first two books in the Hail Raisers series and if you are looking for some binge reading then this is an author you need to read from .Hennessy and Tate knew one another since they were little but never ran in the same circles he was the towns bad ...more
 B.E.Love
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars
I had every intention of reviewing this book, and a few others but I got sick and my reading slowed down and i forgot all about reviewing them.
Kodie Mackay
GI make it no secret that this author is my favourite so obviously I loved this.
All of her books are pre-order for me however I was saving this book because I went in for my operation yesterday and I wanted something that I knew without a doubt I would read and love. Something that would make me laugh and take my mind off all the shit happening. This did that and more.

Rebecca
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Burn in Hail, the title of Hennessy Hanes and Tate Casey’s story is an interesting one because despite Tate’s bad boy actions, neither Hennessy nor Tate deserve to suffer that horrendously…Hennessy has never done anything to hurt another soul and Tate’s devilish tasks were carried out due to extenuating circumstances, factors that meant there was no way he couldn’t step in and right an unjust act.

But the townspeople only see what they want to see, especially when it comes to their faith and the
Barbara
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They say (whoever “they” are) that deep inside most women fantasize about being with a bad boy! One thing is for sure, most women love reading about them. Especially men like Tate: Bad on the outside, but oh so good and protective of what they call “theirs”.

The author has written an awesome story with characters you can’t help but love. Tate is the town’s bad boy from the wrong side of town who’s spent time prison. Hennessy is the preacher’s daughter who was always prim and proper an
Emily
Tate Casey is sentenced to seeing a shrink as part of his parole. Everyone who knows him knows he did the right thing but it didn't stop him from going to jail as an example to others. Seeing Hennessy Hanes though has Tate wanting to do all sorts of things to her, with her, and for her but Hennessey is the exact opposite of him and too good for him.

Hennessey knows that everyone thinks of her as the preacher's daughter but she is wanting to get away from the shadow of an over controll
Ava
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book was the purpose and background. There were more depths and also I got a bit more familiar with the characters and there weren't too new characters that would led me to confusion.
This book was about Tate the guy who shot the crazy ex-wife and also he was in jail with now a character that wasn't introduce in the previous book only just as preview. She is from Hostel and also a daughter of a preacher and the book started right where and reason of their meeting.
Why I enjoyed this
Pelusa Rivera
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received an ARC at no cost to publisher on behalf of Enticement Journey Book Promotions. Great great book. We have the town badboy, who really shouldn't be considered so in my opinion. Then we have the preachers daughter Hennesy, lucky girl. You have it all with this book..And you will love Tate..I loved it, but please read it and see what I am talking about, I could tell you a lot, but I am not going to write a story as a review, I leave that to author..but all I am saying is kudos to Lani!! En ...more
Jenny
Tate and Hennessy, really liked them together. Hennessy's Dad OMG what piece of work.
Samira
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an ok book. the problem is:
when one of the main characters is a psychologist and the other one is her patient i expect that to be a little bit about their problem from their past and give some useful way to make it better! i don't know maybe some advice or some insight.
the funny thing is the patient was ok the troubled one was the psychologist :-|
she should've research about it and make it a little bit deeper.
I don't know maybe i'm just picky.
Renee
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Burn in Hail is the third book in the Hail Raisers Series from Lani Lynn Vale. I have not read the previous two books in this series and started it with this book. This is tate and Hennessy's story.

On look at the sixteen year old prim and proper twon goody two shoes, Hennessy Hanes, and Tate Casey knows he is in trouble. He knows he should stay away from the preacher's daughter, but there is something a
Kodie Mackay
I make it no secret that this author is my favourite so obviously I loved this.

I loved Tate Casey with everything in me. He is very much the broody alpha asshole with a chip on his shoulder. He makes no excu
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

I freaking loved this one

Hennessy Hanes has always had a crush on Tate Casey. But her father was the preacher of the town and he was way over freaking strict. And by strict like way way strict. She had a terrible ordeal living with her dad, abused but nobody took notice because he was the beloved preacher of the town. But eventually she got away, left to go to college and now she is back as a phy
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Burn in Hail is the third book in the Hail Raisers series and follows Tate Casey and Hennessy Hanes.

Going into this book, I didn’t really remember a ton about Tate from the previous 2 books so I wasn’t really sure how this would go but I LOVED this book. Tate Casey is amazing!!

Tate Casey’s childhood was less than ideal. His mother didn’t want to be a mom and didn’t know how to be a mom. She wanted to do what she wanted, when she wanted, with whomever she wanted. Regardless of what h
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com***

*ARC*

What is better than a story about the town’s bad boy and the preacher’s daughter? How about one that is filled with some emotional moments, suspense, a bit of rebellion on the good girl’s part and one that is also sexy, funny and another amazing addition to the Hail Raisers series. Burn In Hail is all of the things I mentioned and so much more.

This book at times wasn’t easy to read because of the things Hennessey has gone throu
Kim  Brewing
I liked it, but I definitely didn't love it.

There were too many things mentioned that didn't have anything to do with this story and I am assumed had to do with future stories, but that won't connect (E:the bugs in the office that the person no longer works in) A therapist doesn't try to do more for a person suddenly left homeless in front of them. A rescued dog with a "probably" ending (but a puppy shows up in the end!).

Loved Hennessey's name - found that to be unique. As a therapi
Wendy Livingstone
This is the third book in this amazing series, and in my opinion, each book just seems to get better and better. Tate is the bad boy, who is attracted to Hennessy, the good girl preacher’s daughter. Due to circumstances Tate had to leave town, but now he is back. The chemistry between Tate and Hennessy is off the charts, and after years of suffering physical and mental abuse, all Hennessy needs if somebody to love her for herself. Can these two overcome their difficult pasts and be together? No ...more
Darcy
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, romance
This one is has a Romeo and Juliet feel to it. I liked that both Tate and Hennessey were aware of each other as teens and glad that Tate took the high road to not go near Hennessey when she was underage. After reading the book we know that had they tried to date as kids that would have been disastrous for them both. I loved that Hennessey was strong enough to withstand her father and all that he threw at her, loved that she was so sweet despite it all. I liked Tate’s moral standard. Did he do ba ...more
Misti  Long
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how but this series sucks me in more and more with each book written. This one was no different. Tate gets out of jail and is ordered to go to anger management where he finds Hennessey as his therapist. She was the girl that he always wondered about, but would never allow himself to be close too. Hennessey is the preachers daughter and she's always had a thing for Tate and she knows the moment he steps in office her life is going to be turned upside down.
Lee-anna Dunk
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lani lynn vale rocks

I don't think there is one book of lani's that i dont like. . I could read her books all on one sitting. Highly recommend her books to anyone who loves big hulky alpha men with tattoo's up to there eye balls and big as in BIG packages.
Smashing Kindle
This one started out strong - with one of my favorite tropes: good girl and bad boy. But then it quickly devolved. Tate was annoyingly commitment-phobic and all woe-is-me about not being good enough for Hennesy. Towards the end, too much time was spent on baby drama and not enough time on resolving the daddy drama.
Marty Bumgart
Good but expected a little more

Loved the characters but they lacked the depth that her characters normally have. Left with a lot of questions. What about Tate's dad? Who was the creepy guy and why have him in the story? Just ugh!
Carrie
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this might be my favorite LLV book so far! Tate & Hennessy's story is kind of a second-chance romance, although their first chance never really got off the ground because of various circumstances. There are some flashback scenes that are really well done & give a glimpse into their past without overwhelming their present. I loved how protective they are of each other, too! And the steamy times are ... *fans self* steamier because I felt that connection between them. : )
Christiann Igou
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-2017
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of the book.

Tate and Hennessy's story has been my favorite so far in the Hail Raisers series. Their backstory was fantastic and the chemistry between them was amazing. The plot included all of the drama that I've come to expect from Lani Lynn Vale within this series (I've learned to stop asking myself "can't they please just get a break?") but it didn't bother me as much this time as it did in Go To Hail, but perhaps that's because the vi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Bargain Basement: $10 Amazon Gift Card 1 5 Aug 21, 2017 03:40PM

• Captured Boxed Set: 9 Alpha Bad-Boys Who Will Capture Your Heart
  • Tangled Up in Love: Box Set (Caught Up In Love, #1-4)
  • Toxic (Lights of Peril, #3)
  • Time for Change
  • Rough (Biker MC Romance, #2)
  • Lacing Shadows: Anthology
  • Consume (Guardian Protection, #4)
  • Captive (Devil's Spawn MC, #4)
  • Lawless & Soulless
  • Broken Memphis (Little Memphis MC, #2)
  • Ripple Effect
  • Rome's Chance (Reapers MC, #6.6; 1001 Dark Nights, #79)
  • Cinderella Chronicles Box Set (Cinderella Chronicles, #1,2,3)
  • The Biker's Virgin
  • Me, Please (Iron Fury MC, #5)
  • Resenting Me (Breakneck, #2.5)
  • Valentinos (Chaos, #4.25)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

Hail Raisers (6 books)
  • Hail No (Hail Raisers #1)
  • Go to Hail (Hail Raisers #2)
  • What the Hail (Hail Raisers #4)
  • The Hail You Say (Hail Raisers #5)
  • Hail Mary (Hail Raisers #6)