Start by marking “The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)

The Betrothed

(The Betrothed #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  102 ratings  ·  69 reviews
When King Jameson declares his love for Lady Hollis Brite, Hollis is shocked—and thrilled. After all, she’s grown up at Keresken Castle, vying for the king’s attention alongside other daughters of the nobility. Capturing his heart is a dream come true.

But Hollis soon realizes that falling in love with a king and being crowned queen may not be the happily ever after she
Expected publication: May 5th 2020 by HarperCollins Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about The Betrothed, please sign up.
Vee_Bookish Likely someone who isn't a fan of The Selection has decided to go ahead and do this, because people are *insert creative swear word here*
Madi ~☆TheBookNerdDiaries☆~ I highly doubt it, Kiera nor her publisher has said anything about this book.

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
✨ A ✨
Sep 19, 2018 marked it as to-read
I guess I'll be reading this one soon!

« ARC received from Harper Teen via Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review »
____
7 October 2019

That's right! WE ARE GETTING SOME NEW KIERA CASS IN MAY 2020!! Read more about it here + the first chapter.

A steamy YA romance duology [don't say I didn't warn the younguns] and a love triangle.

[I think it's going to be New Adult or adult. I'm unsure, but will edit this when I know for certain.]
Sophie_The_Jedi_Knight
10/15/19:
A COVER AND TITLE AND SYNOPSIS

I'm so excited. I mean, I'm disappointed that the cover doesn't match her other ones, but it's still gorgeous and I am SO pumped to get my hands on this! And it's a series!!!!

Count. Me. In.

6/15/19:
Soooo..... is this ever happening? This is just strange. Did she say offhandedly at some point that she might write another book and this Goodreads page happened but she has no plans? What is Kiera Cass even doing right now? Her last two updates on her website are
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡ (semi-hiatus)
OH MY FREAKING GODDDDDD. NEW BOOK FROM KIERA CASS? SIGN ME IN!

P.S. Good job! Your book covers never disappoint me.
Elena
Nov 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
i said i wouldn't read another kiera cass book after the siren but...

here we are
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
Oct 20, 2019 marked it as will-read-if-cheap-or-freebie
They spelled THE SELECTION wrong
Sylvie
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: royalty
A new Kiera Cass book has finally been announced!!!!!

description
Candace Robinson
So the Selection books (first three) are part of my all-time favorite books! I was pretty ecstatic, to say the least, when I saw that Mrs. Cass would be having a new book out! And another lovely cover with a beautiful dress!

In the Betrothal, I feel as though the author’s writing has gotten even better with lush descriptions! The setting was a fun one too!

Now the bad news for me was that I couldn’t connect with these characters. I knew this story wouldn’t be the Selection, and I didn’t want
Farith
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
The king has chosen her.
Her heart belongs to another.

Uhm, isn't this The Selection with another cast?

I think Kiera Cass should go out of her comfort zone a little bit and stop writing about princesses and love triangles because it's basically the same story, just different characters.

Anyway, I'm going to read it because I owe this to my 15 years-old self and let's see how it goes. I don't have many plot expectations but it will most likely be a fun read.
~ Brynn  Dangl ~
Aug 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Is this book even happening?
No Cover
No Description
No News
Have we been tricked?!?
♠ TABI ♠
Oct 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
The tiny part of me that adores romantic tropes is 100% here for this

The rest of me is here for that cover
laura (bookies & cookies)
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read-ya
WE'RE GETTING A NEW KIERA CASS NOVEL

This is also the year of me realizing I don't know how to spell "betrothed," huh?
Nadhira Satria
Dec 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
14 YEAR OLD ME IS SCREAMING RIGHT NOW
Celia McMahon
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
**Thanks to Edelweiss and the publisher for the e-arc to review!**

Hollis Brite has just become the object of the young king's affection, but her eyes have turned toward a foreign boy who reminds her that she is more than just an ornament to the court.

That is the gist of it.

First up is Hollis. She is incredibly boring, but she knows it, which is nice. She has dedicated her life to winning over the king but changes her mind as quick as this book read.

Jameson, the king, is also as dull as a
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Oct 11, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
This sounds like The Selection but if America was born wealthier, but I will be definitely reading it because I’m:
t r a s h.

Thank you HarperCollins and HarperTeen for the ARC.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
kenzie ⎊
Nov 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
y’all kiera cass’ books got me into reading how did i not know this was HAPPENING
Leah Waters
Nov 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Oh my God, we're getting another book by the author of the Selection!
Rianna
May 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Wait, when was this announced!? I'm freaking out!
Claire ✨
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
me before today: nah i’m over being suckered by royal romances and pretty dresses on the cover

me today: WHERE CAN I PRE-ORDER
Shelves: romance, fantasy
wow hi THAT ENDING KIERA HOW COULD YOU I CANNOT WAIT A YEAR+ FOR THIS
Celaena Sardothien
Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
When will we realize every time she has a book that says in the works, it’s just to make herself relevant again. This has happened several times now where a book pops up with a release date but then we never get a title, synopsis, book cover, talk from the author herself and then when the release date passes it gets pushed back another year and this goes on endlessly. This book was announced in 2016 bit we never got anything and so it was pushed back to 2017 but we never got anything and then it ...more
Emily
Mar 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
OMG! A NEW KIERA CASS BOOK! I CAN'T WAIT! SHE IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE AUTHORS EVER!
Vee_Bookish
Mar 04, 2018 marked it as to-read
I have no idea what this is but it's by Keira Cass so you can bet your ass I'm gonna read it.
Lauryn
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The last 2/3’s of this book absolutely destroyed me. I will write a more finalized review once I let the story marinate with me for a while. But what I will say for now is that The Betrothed is nothing at all like The Selection. If you are a huge fan of the series like I am, please don’t go into this book with The Selection in your mind. This book has a completely different feel from The Selection and deserves to be given a chance all by itself and not compared to Kiera’s earlier works.
Riya Queen
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
I didn't know this existed till now, oof. Nevertheless, I'm sooo excited!
Mikaela
Nov 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
I'm a bit iffy about this one because I wasn't huge on The Selection or The Siren but I'm genuinely curious to see if the cover will be following the same theme as her last books
Brianna
Apr 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Say no more.... I NEED TO READ THIS
Jenna Major
Dec 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-tbr
I never really read the selection series, but as I put together my 2020 tbr, I think I'll need a quick and cute historical fiction romance in between my other more hefty reads! Interested to see if it's more adult than YA
Simona
Oct 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-tbr
Is this The Selection, but she doesn't choose the king?
Maca
Nov 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
So another love triangle from Kiera Cass?
I’m not so sure about this book now, but I guess I will give it a chance
« previous 1 3 next »

• Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Ashlords
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Burn Our Bodies Down
  • Blood Countess
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Don't Read the Comments
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • My Big Fat Fake Wedding
  • The Sound of Stars
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • Red Hood
  • The Wives
  • Inheritance: A Memoir of Genealogy, Paternity, and Love
  • Nameless Queen
  • The GayBCs
100 Things I Love:

Being married. Cake. The smell of Autumn. Motherhood. Books. Elephants. Back rubs. On demand movies. Actually going out to movies. Faith. Cinnamon rolls. My family. Butterflies. When my kitchen is clean. Crayons. Pink. Tote bags. Dancing. Organizing via color coordination. That my wedding dress was tea length, not floor. Baking. My house. Writing utensils. Paper. India. The sound