Start by marking “The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)

The Betrothed

(The Betrothed #1)

When King Jameson declares his love for Lady Hollis Brite, Hollis is shockedand thrilled. After all, shes grown up at Keresken Castle, vying for the kings attention alongside other daughters of the nobility. Capturing his heart is a dream come true.

But Hollis soon realizes that falling in love with a king and being crowned queen may not be the happily ever after she
Expected publication: May 5th 2020 by HarperCollins Children's Books

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Betrothed by Kiera Cass
    The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
    Release date: May 05, 2020
    A would-be queen. A handsome young king. A perfect matchor is it?

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Selection series comes a

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 5622 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Apr 01 - Apr 29, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

Start your review of The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
    Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
    Oct 20, 2019 marked it as will-read-if-cheap-or-freebie
    They spelled THE SELECTION wrong

Also, the author could have named the heroine EUROPE and she didn't. Fail.
    ✨ A ✨
    1.5 ⭐
    I don't even know if I should write a full review, it will probably turn into a rant session 😅

ARC received from Harper Teen via Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review
    ____
    7 October 2019

That's right! WE ARE GETTING SOME NEW KIERA CASS IN MAY 2020!! Read more about it here + the first chapter.

A steamy YA romance duology [don't say I didn't warn the younguns] and a love triangle.[ edit after I read: they lied to us. No steam at all.]
    MischaS_
    Feb 27, 2020 marked it as to-read
    I believe I read like five chapters from Selection, neither the characters nor the story was interesting to me, and I just did not continue the book, sort of forgot that I was even reading it. I then when the rest of the series was published, I always just enjoyed the pretty covers but never felt like giving it another chance. (Which is surprising when you consider my obsession pretty dresses).

So, why do I keep going back to this book and I'm considering reading it?
    Sophie_The_Jedi_Knight
    10/15/19:
    A COVER AND TITLE AND SYNOPSIS

I'm so excited. I mean, I'm disappointed that the cover doesn't match her other ones, but it's still gorgeous and I am SO pumped to get my hands on this! And it's a series!!!!

Count. Me. In.

6/15/19:
    Soooo..... is this ever happening? This is just strange. Did she say offhandedly at some point that she might write another book and this Goodreads page happened but she has no plans? What is Kiera Cass even doing right now? Her last two updates on her website are
    ♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
    Oct 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: 2020-release
    OH MY FREAKING GODDDDDD. NEW BOOK FROM KIERA CASS? SIGN ME IN!

P.S. Good job! Your book covers never disappoint me. ♡
    Candace Robinson
    So the Selection books (first three) are part of my all-time favorite books! I was pretty ecstatic, to say the least, when I saw that Mrs. Cass would be having a new book out! And another lovely cover with a beautiful dress!

In the Betrothal, I feel as though the authors writing has gotten even better with lush descriptions! The setting was a fun one too!

Now the bad news for me was that I couldnt connect with these characters. I knew this story wouldnt be the Selection, and I didnt want another
    elena
    Nov 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: 2020-releases
    i said i wouldn't read another kiera cass book after the siren but...

here we are
    Farith
    Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
    The king has chosen her.
    Her heart belongs to another.

Uhm, isn't this The Selection with another cast?

I think Kiera Cass should go out of her comfort zone a little bit and stop writing about princesses and love triangles because it's basically the same story, just different characters.

Anyway, I'm going to read it because I owe this to my 15 years-old self and let's see how it goes. I don't have many plot expectations but it will most likely be a fun read.
    Sylvie
    Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: royalty
    A new Kiera Cass book has finally been announced!!!!!

description
    ~ Brynn  Dangl ~
    Aug 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
    Is this book even happening?
    No Cover
    No Description
    No News
    Have we been tricked?!?
    Lindsay
    Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
    Shelves: arcs, dissapointed
    I'm not quite sure where to begin because this book was a mess. It's not that I hated it but that it was ridiculous.

Imagery - I hate too much detail and not enough dialogue, but this book did the opposite. The rooms in the castle were sometimes minimally described and 95% of the characters had zero description. Delia Grace? Not sure what she looks like. Nora? No clue. Hollis's parents? Can't tell you. The only characters that were described were Hollis, Jameson, Silas, and Silas's family.
    laura (bookies & cookies)
    Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read-owned  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: owned
    WE'RE GETTING A NEW KIERA CASS NOVEL

This is also the year of me realizing I don't know how to spell "betrothed," huh?
    Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
    This sounds like The Selection but if America was born wealthier, but I will be definitely reading it because Im:
    t r a s h.

Thank you HarperCollins and HarperTeen for the ARC.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin
    ♠ TABI ♠
    Oct 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
    The tiny part of me that adores romantic tropes is 100% here for this

The rest of me is here for that cover
    Nadhira Satria
    Dec 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
    14 YEAR OLD ME IS SCREAMING RIGHT NOW
    Erin A. Craig
    Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Holy plot twist Batman!
    kaysmagiclibrary 💫
    12 year old me is internally SCREAMING that i got an arc of this 😭

but 22 year old me already knows that ill end up hate reading this book like i did to every other kiera cass book
    Celia McMahon
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
    **Thanks to Edelweiss and the publisher for the e-arc to review!**

Hollis Brite has just become the object of the young king's affection, but her eyes have turned toward a foreign boy who reminds her that she is more than just an ornament to the court.

That is the gist of it.

First up is Hollis. She is incredibly boring, but she knows it, which is nice. She has dedicated her life to winning over the king but changes her mind as quick as this book read.

Jameson, the king, is also as dull as a
    kenzie #⃝
    Nov 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    yall kiera cass books got me into reading how did i not know this was HAPPENING ...more
    Caitlin Reads
    Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
    2.5 Stars!

I had very high expectations for this book as I loved the Selection series but unfortunately was disappointed. While I thought the world building was top notch, the characters themselves just didnt intrigue me. Everyone seemed to fall flat and the pacing of this book was off. The beginning of this book definitely dragged but I will say that it picked up toward the end and had a twist I wasnt expecting that left me somewhat intrigued. This book follows Hollis as she navigates her way
    Safia  (safiabooknerd)
    Jan 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
    Me: *looks at cover* Oh, its another Selection book. I probably wont read it.

Also Me: *reads blurb* Ah, here we go again
    Brooke
    Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
    Shelves: arcs
    This eARC was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review.

From the moment I first heard about The Betrothed, I could not wait to dive into the pages of Kiera Cass latest addition to the YA genre. As I absolutely adored her previous series, The Selection, I was expecting to fall in love with her next romantic tale. Sadly, I was not able to find a connection to The Betrothed and personally felt this book missed the mark.

Told solely from her perspective, The Betrothed
    Joshee Kun (조수아)
    We all know that even haters of The Selection Series will read this book. The Bachelorette lives on! :D
    Michelle
    Mar 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
    Shelves: young-adult, arc-2020
    Grace
    Feb 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
    Shelves: arc, feb
    Holy cow this is going to be a hard review to write.

The Selection is one of my favorite series. So, understandably, I was very much looking forward to this. And it truly does have one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the book was so bad (IN MY OPINION) that it may have knocked Kiera Cass off my list of favorite authors.

My spoiler-free explanation: Through most of the book, NOTHING HAPPENED. It was so boring and all the characters were flat and uninteresting. I read the
    Kales
    I don't even know what this book was. But I know what it wasn't: a romance. There is no happy ending or happy for now. I am warning all of you now: THIS IS NOT A ROMANCE.

This book tried to be something but it just didn't know what it was doing and was all over the place. It took forever to get into the plot. Things were just toddling along with no stakes, no rhyme or reason. I wasn't sure why I should care about these characters, especially Hollis who was just there. I should have known better
    Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
    I genuinely feel second hand embarrassment for everyone involved in the creation of this book. It's that bad.

Insta-love is obviously instant. There is no character depth. They are all shallow husks. It's as if someone hired The Selection fanfiction writer to do most of the work.
    Anna Bright
    Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: ya, fantasy, romance
    wow hi THAT ENDING KIERA HOW COULD YOU I CANNOT WAIT A YEAR+ FOR THIS
    Lissa Hawley
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing

A little slow to start, but once I really got into it I couldn't put it down, and here it is 2 AM and I need the sequel to a book that doesn't even release for another 4 months. #ARCProblems

I'm a bit all over the place with this, because the characters made me love and hate and rail at them for their choices, and so many big decisions/events happened towards the end, and I just need answers.

Recommended.
    Claire ✨
    Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: hyyype
    me before today: nah im over being suckered by royal romances and pretty dresses on the cover

me today: WHERE CAN I PRE-ORDER
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Clap When You Land
    • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
    • Rules for Being a Girl
    • You Say It First
    • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
    • Burn Our Bodies Down
    • Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things
    • What I Like About You
    • The Shadows Between Us
    • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
    • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
    • Crave
    • The Stars We Steal
    • Moment of Truth
    • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
    • Red Hood
    • The Best Laid Plans
    • Yes No Maybe So
    100 Things I Love:

Being married. Cake. The smell of Autumn. Motherhood. Books. Elephants. Back rubs. On demand movies. Actually going out to movies. Faith. Cinnamon rolls. My family. Butterflies. When my kitchen is clean. Crayons. Pink. Tote bags. Dancing. Organizing via color coordination. That my wedding dress was tea length, not floor. Baking. My house. Writing utensils. Paper. India. The sound