Start by marking “The Ruined Lady (Revolution and Regency Book 3)” as Want to Read:
The Ruined Lady (Revolution and Regency Book 3)

The Ruined Lady

(Revolution & Regency #3)

Lady Felicity Merryweather knows her middling looks and fortune mean she is unlikely ever to marry. But before she settles into a life of dull spinsterhood, she wants one night of passion to remember – no strings attached, no questions asked and no regrets. Her only condition – that the man never ask her to marry him.
Who better to help her than her old friend Quincey, the
Published October 17th 2017 by Briony Vreedenburgh

To ask other readers questions about The Ruined Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ruined Lady

Start your review of The Ruined Lady (Revolution and Regency Book 3)
Lori D
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can happen when a spirited spinster decides she wants one night of passion to last her a lifetime? She asks her best friend from childhood, Quincey, Earl of Edenburgh to take on her wishes. Lady Felicity Merryweather is not a debutante, far from it at two and thirty. But she wants to experience passion before she lives the rest of her life on the shelf. The only problem is that Quincey wants more than a brief fling, but Felicity is determined that she is not worthy of him. But her parents s ...more
Annette Drewett
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice light-hearted Regency Romance. Felicity and Quincey were not your usual couple, neither was considered beautiful or handsome, but they had always had a soft spot for each other. An excellent storyline, I enjoyed it very much.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Chloe Adams
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suzette
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent story. Fast paced, funny, and lovely. I read the entire book in about 6 hours. The characters are well defined and invites you to come into their lives.
Eunice Robertson
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A friends to lovers romance, which really catches our hero by surprise, when his childhood female friend asks him to do her a favour. Makes for a really sweet story. (I voluntarily reviewed this free ARC).
Emily Pennington
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Not a Well Thought Out Plan . . .

This story comes full circle for Lady Felicity Merryweather as her plan steamrolls out of control.

Lady Felicilty is convinced that she is no longer likely to marry. She would like one night of passion to remember before she turns to her life of spinsterhood. She has only one requirement for the gentleman. He must never ask her to marry him.

The most likely candidate to help her with her plan is her old friend Quincey, the Earl of Edenburgh, so agrees to her stipul
Eddie Jackson
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story that verifies that a first love is a forever love.

A wonderful story of the triumph of genuine love developed during childhood over age, reputation, society critics, and self-doubt to become and HEA. Ms. Verity’s skill as a writer yields a well-developed tale with real characters and a plot with twists and surprises that keep the reader involved in the story. This is my first book by Bree Verity and it won’t be my last.
Lady Facility Merryweather, a two and thirty lady who is not an exce
Lokdyer
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is a saying that the course of true love never did run smooth and that’s true in this story. Lady Felicity Merryweather is not the usual 19- to 21-year-old debutante. She is 32 years old. Because she expects to be a spinster the rest of her life, she wants to experience one night of passion. She chooses her best friend, Quincey, Earl of Edenburgh, to deflower her, with only one condition: he can never ask her to marry him. However, after their one night, as well as a daytime encounter, Qui ...more
Candy Briggs
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lord Quincey Edenburgh is an earl, he has known Felicity since they were small children. Lady Felicity Merryweather has had quite a few seasons and never took, she wants to have one night. This was a fun story with a lesson in how damaging gossip can be. I can not believe how awry things went. She didn't think she was good enough to be an earl's wife, she refused him. Everyone got into the act, misunderstandings abound, lies were told and confusion. One good story, it does keep your attention, y ...more
Jayne Butcher
Mar 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Felicity and Quincey grew up together and became reaquainted as adults. Felicity just didn’t fit the mold of perfection required by the ton, and at 32 decided she wanted one night of passion before she slunk off to the country and embraced spinsterhood. Who better to choose for this than her good friend Qunicey (whom she secretly loved)? Once they had their tryst, everything changed. The story gets a little complicated and in the process, Felicity manages to ruin her reputation. Things go from b ...more
Teri Donaldson
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the first sentence, I was drawn in. Felicity is such an innocent spinster and is determined to become a woman. Her good friend, Lord Quincey, is the man she has decided would make her one night dreams come true. I enjoyed seeing Felicity grow more confident and attractive to the ton after the big event. The biggest surprise was Quincey's behavior afterwards.
All of the secondary characters were an important part of the story. As Felicity's popularity increases, Quincey becomes more desperate
Cheryl
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lady Felicity Merryweather is aged 32 and resigned to become a spinster. However she wants to lose her virginity and has decided that her long time friend Lord Edinburgh is the man to ask. Felicity hasn’t made the best of her features by dressing according to her mother’s whims and I did wonder why Felicity allowed this at the age of 32, given she was quite forthcoming in other areas. However, the story was engaging and had interesting secondary characters in their friends, who weren’t slow to g ...more
Sandy
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second time reading was even better!
I picked this book up on kindle a few years ago but never did a review. Then I saw it on BookSprout and the author had done some updating I knew I needed to re-read it. Bree Verity is one of my favorite authors and this gem proves my point that she is a very talented author. The characters are a bit older and I really found that refreshing. The balance between fun and serious was splendid and made this such an entertaining read. Plus now I have a copy for
Jill
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review. This is a wonderful story about two people who have known and loved each other since childhood. Felicity, who believes she will never marry, asks Quincey to give her one night of passion. He agrees and later realizes he loves her and asks her to marry him. She refuses and society turns against her. There is a HEA but there are a lot of ups and downs before this comes about. I would highly recommend this book.
Laura J.
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Starts off good...

Felicity, in her 30’s, decides to have a fling before she retires to the countryside and a life as a spinster. Quincey, her friend since childhood, agrees to the brief affair and they have a wonderful night together. Quincey, who is a bit flighty, comes to the realization that he loves Felicity who doesn’t believe him. The story does downhill from there. Felicity turns into a fool and not very likable. Poor Quincey.
Ingrid Rose
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a Romp!

I'm not into the overtly steamy romance stuff, but this one was so much fun! Never having felt beautiful, I could sooo relate to Felicity. It was such a lark for her to approach Quincy to take her virginity, believing she would be a spinster. The problem arises from his promise not to ask her to marry him at any point later, and her feelings of not being worthy of him. I really enjoyed this story.
Mary Ann
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

Felicity is a fetish riot, although, sometimes an absolute dolt! I say, screw convention! Tell the sunspots of the town to go straight to hell! Quincy was, at times, too wimpy. Grow a pair, buddy. Why is. it, that in fiction and real life, women have more hutspa than men?

Sherry Westendorf
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book. It was a lot of fun to read. She thinks her situation is going to keep her from getting married so decides to have one exciting night. The one who helps her with that is her friend and after that night he decides he wants to marry her. She refuses and things really get fun. I recommend it. I was given a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Sahar Husseini
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fighting Love

I enjoyed this story, but I wanted to yell at our stubborn heroine many times. If love calls you, do not be so stubborn. Life is much too short, and society, especially in those days, was much too cruel.
P Sanchez
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

Enjoyed the story very much. Another story from childhood friends to falling in love as adults and everything in between. A soul-mate love story with the happily ever after. Looking forward to other books by this author. Thanks for fun.
Kety
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, the story is well written, deep and full of surprise.
The characters are strong and you will love them.
It is a sweet romance what you will love and entrainment you until last page.
Just Me
Mar 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading

I enjoyed reading the book, for the most part. It did get a bit tedious. The premise was unusual and then the "rules" were stupid considering the era but it put a different, albeit tedious, spin on the storyline.
Denise Kearney
I Book-$.99
Margaret Henry
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the book

In all we go through in life the good and the bad trust God and He will fix it for you.
Peace
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved Quincey's awakening from clueless dude, to an appreciative human. ...more
Annette
THE RUINED LADY: is an average read. I enjoyed the humor throughout and loved the Earl. Our heroine, FELICITY, is not as interesting in my opinion.
Mary Masic
Kerri Bowers
Mar 17, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Gentleman's Revenge
  • Lord Hathaway's New Bride (Hathaway Heirs, #2)
  • Falling for a Rake (Fallen, #1)
  • Who's That Earl (Love and Let Spy, #1)
  • Scandalous Endeavors (Ladies and Scoundrels #1)
  • Lady at Last (Lord Love a Lady, #4)
  • The Duke Redemption (Game of Dukes #4)
  • Taming the Bride (Brides of Mayfair #2)
  • A Wallflower's Wish Boxed Set: Three Regency Romances
  • What the Hart Wants (Headstrong Harts, #1)
  • Always the Wallflower (Never the Bride, #5)
  • The Naked Duke (Naked Nobility, #1)
  • Mistaken for a Rake (Landon House, #1)
  • Flame and Ember (Regency Love #1; Generations of Love #1)
  • Abandoned & Protected: The Marquis' Tenacious Wife (Love's Second Chance: Tales of Lords and Ladies, #3)
  • The Honourable Fortune Hunter (Scandalous Miss Brightwells, #5)
  • How the Earl Fell for His Countess (Matchmaking Madness #2)
  • The Lady Detective
Bree was raised on a diet of tea and crumpets, sweet romance, epic fantasy, old movies, and swashbuckling adventure. It’s no wonder she goes through life imagining herself in other places and other times.
She is owned by two rescue dogs, but she keeps it very quiet from them that she is equally a cat person.
She lives in Queensland, Australia, but has spent time in three other states as well - Vict

Revolution & Regency (4 books)
  • The Hidden Duchess
  • The Misguided Mademoiselle
  • The Scandalous Widow (The French Revolution Romances)

News & Interviews