Start by marking “We Met in Death” as Want to Read:

We Met in Death

“This is not the night you die.”

After years of working for a loan shark, Robert is done with blood and violence. All he has to show for it is a bag of money and a lifetime of regrets. There’s no other way out of his line of work than in a body bag.

So Robert decides to die.

But on the night he chooses to seal his own fate, destiny offers him a chance at redemption. When Rob
Published October 10th 2017 by Acerbi & Villani ltd

To ask other readers questions about We Met in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Met in Death

Judith
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

These Authors excel at writing dark,gritty stories with a touch of humour.Their stories are brilliantly unique,you never quite know what to expect when you start reading one of their books but it's always one hell of an exciting ride as their characters develop beautifully through the pages.

Robert is pretty much at rock bottom the night he comes across Nathan,jaded with the violent lifestyle he's been sucked into.He finds himself thinking, why not do something worthy for once and save
~Mindy Lynn~
5 So many feels stars!

I've said it many times, but I must say it again. I am such a HUGE fan of these ladies and their books. Once again they take us on a adventure with two men that takes you from the edge of your seat action, to humor, and to a love story you completely fall in to. Their stories are unique and smartly written. I can't get enough of their books and gobble each one up. As I did this one.

The book begins with Robert walking through a cemetery while drinking and agonizing over how
K.A. Merikan
Aug 19, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
BEHOLD! Cover by Natasha Snow <3

Coming October 10th 2017 :>

More about it?
It's a standalone, dark, contemporary M/M romance. Brooding, deeply closeted gangster meets male escort in trouble with the gangster's boss. Both about to meet death, end up setting out on a new path together. But where will it lead them? Will they escape death and destruction? Will they be able not to burn each other along the way?

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/KAMerikan...
Nazanin
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
4.25 Stars

Robert left his apartment with a plan. He went to the cemetery with a bottle of whiskey and his handgun and decided when the bottle was empty, pulls the trigger. But just before pulling the trigger he heard sounds and saw three men wanted to bury a sack of human, alive. Robert saved Nathan (that sack of human) and killed those men and now both of them are in danger and they must run away. The one who wanted to kill Nathan is Robert’s boss!

Well, I really enjoyed this story. It was an an
Dia
4,5 stars

Of course this story was excellent. K.A. Merikan is my favorite writing duo. Add that intriguing blurb, all those possible spoilers: crime, self-discovery, family conflict, age gap, escort, self-hate, first time, revenge, on the run and I was dying to read it.

The beginning of the book was so full of action. And some hot scenes were involved. Let these authors surprise you and you won't know what hit you.

Robert wants to leave his useless life behind. Since he was 16 he worked for a mob b
R * A Reader Obsessed *
2 Hearts

Whelp. I'm totally the odd man out regarding this story. I had high expectations just because of the inherent reputation that comes with this writing duo, and maybe that set me up for a big fat failure. I was so wanting to be wowed and wooed, but sadly, that did not happen.

Overall, I love the premise. Who doesn’t want to see a bad guy redeemed in the face of love? To be on the brink of self destruction, only to find salvation in saving another? Essentially that's what happens when Robert
Virginia Books
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Evocative narration. Pure Noir in the plot, atmosphere and characters. One of the best books I've read this year and probably my favorite (so far) by these authors.

A love story about two men very different in all possible ways, who meet the night they were supposed to die but, instead, they are forced to survive together the dark, rough, brutal reality that surrounds them.  A modern Film Noir in book form and very similar to the classics in a lot of things:

First: The beginning
To me, the first
Ele
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

They really did meet in death! It was the night when Robert Zidane and Nathan Edwards were supposed to die. Instead, it became the beginning of a beautiful love story.

If you only like the fluffy and sweet K.A.Merikan, don't read this book. Robert and Nathan will get their HEA but their story is a wild ride on the dark side, and they both came out of it bruised and bloodied. And so much in love!

Robert and Nathan are complex characters. Robert is the epitome of denial, drawning in self-
Jaime
K.A. Merikan has done it again! We Met In Death is a deliciously deviant, sexy, dark, twisted romance that is perfectly gripping and highly entertaining! This writing duo never lets me down when I want UNIQUE, DARK, GRITTY, SEXY, MYSTERY, PERFECT ANTI-HERO CHARACTERS and more...all I have to do is open up a K.A. Merikan book and I am set!

The setup to this story is so unique and the setting and staging of the opening to the book and characters was so vivid, I felt like I was right there with the
Wynne Katherine
May 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF @51%

Warning : This review is going to contain lots of swear words cause I am pissed

I was basically glued to my ebook all the way until I reached 50%

Then, I got bored.

description

Once it hits 50% mark, the readers are introduced to Robert's family. Which I could not give two rat's ass about. Not only that, they also deals with the teenage sister's crush and shit.

I mean, fuck. I thought these two are running and hiding for their lives. But they got time to play house and take care of Robert's sister's cr
Cadiva
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is no one who writes this type of tortured and twisted romance quite like Kat and Agnes Merikan and this book is an utterly brilliant dark ride.

From the opening scene of a cemetery at night to a farmhouse shootout, this book delivers on the spooky, creepy and thrilling plot points with a side order of violence wholly in keeping with the narrative.

The Merikan guys are not heroes in the conventional sense, but they have their own code of honour which teeters on the brink of being one step ab
Dani
A story about redemption, forgiveness, acceptance…

K.A. Merikan did it again. This new installment is so dark, bloody, and violent which makes it an amazing book.

Besides, I adore that Kat and Agnes know how to write a dark story without being too much. They add the perfect amount of humor and sweetness to melt my heart.

As always, you’ll find unconventional characters between these pages. Kat and Agnes created two opposite men who complement each other so perfectly.

Robert.- he’s the definitio
Lorraine Lesar
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*trying to do a no-spoiler review, but it's hard as this book screams spoilers galore*

They say that you should never judge a book by its cover. Well in this case......WRONG. Judge this book by its cover - it tells you everything you need to know about this dark, hoodlum, ruthless and certainly merciless world that these two writers created. And I LOVED it with a capital L.
That cover is simply amazing and though set in today's world, it had a certain book noir about it that I found mesmerising.
R
Ky
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We Met In Death is a dark romance with fast-paced action and a message about always being able to turn your life around.

The main characters did things that can't be forgiven or undone, but since this is fiction I'm not going to focus on that. Instead, I'm going to emphasize on the fact that they were able to change the course of their lives and make a new start. Robert, more than Nathan, had a lot on his conscience and for many years did awful things but he was able to put all that behind him an
Jewel
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Robert Zidane is a killer. He's been working for a notorious gangster in Houston for twenty years and though he's never liked the things he's done, he did them, anyway and he knows there is only one way out -- death. But even that plan doesn't go as expected and instead, Robert ends up saving the life of Nathan, who was about to be killed by men who work for the same gangster. Robert kills when he needs to and does it without much thought. But the guilt he carries weighs him down.

Nathan is young
Ariana
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Unfortunately this one did not work for me.
Maybe I was in the wrong mood, but Robert and Nathan and their story left me shaking my head. I am disappointed because, so far, I've liked everything I've read by these authors. But I had too many issues with the characters and the plot.
Most likely a case of "it's me, not the book."
Chris
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-grit, lgbtq
Talk about being in the closet !!! Robert, a career gangster hiding his sexuality so deeply, finds himself at the end of everything. Ready to end it all he spots something strange going on and realizes 3 goons are about to kill someone in a body bag. Enter Nathan ❤the sweet gorgeous Nathan. From this moment on both Robert and Nathan are connected. Robert acts as the protector and struggles with his feelings for Nathan. Nathan clings to Robert but holds his own and is determined not to be forced ...more
River
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arcs
Kat and Agnes write the most beautiful dark stories I've ever read.
Their stories are gritty but so enjoyable. I personally have a hard time with dark romance but this duo always makes me love their books.
Now let's meet our guys.

Robert and Nathan meet in death.
Robert is pretty much done with the life he has been living for years, he is ready to leave everything behind until Nathan.
Nathan has an idea of what he wants from life, he has dreams but those get taken away one night when one
Lily
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
First of all, did you see THAT COVER?!

If not, then I suggest you scroll up and take a good look. It's amazeballs.
They say you should not judge a book by it's cover, right? I think NOT. You should totally let yourself be lured by this beautifulness.

image2354effc65b415a1.gif

These authors know how to write a dark and somewhat crazy story just right, and I'm a fan.
I enjoyed all the books I read by them, but this is my favorite so far. They somehow managed to take all kinds of different themes, throw them together in one
Michaelene
There are no words for how excited I get when a new K.A. Merikan book is released. We Met In Death is a standalone romance where a man decides to end his life only to end up saving another instead. It’s emotionally-compelling, sensually-laced, and dark & gritty pure gold!

Robert is tired of killing and the only way out is to do away with himself. But the night he drinks himself to oblivion to end it all, he runs across Nathan, saves him from certain death, and ends up a target of a crime boss
The Reading's Love Blog
RECENSIONE QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.com/...

description
Le Merikan sono una garanzia, qualunque storia raccontino e qualunque genere tocchino sono assolutamente geniali. Non hanno nessun timore di sperimentare, di mischiare e di intrecciare svariati generi. Che sia dolcezza ed arcobaleni infiniti, dark crudo e volgare, fantasy o realtà, loro sono perfette. La scrittura ricca di particolari, la fluidità che porta a divorare i loro libri in un turbinio di emozioni le rende delle vere regine nel pa
Anna Rita
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always, these authors know how to make me fall in love with their characters, even those that you would not usually cheer for, such as malicious people and assassins. But this is also the beauty of K.A.Merikan's books: discovering a different side of these people, the most intimate and personal, like love. In this case, we find Robert, a man tired of his life as a goon for a ruthless malvivent, who one night like so many decides to end his life, but fate had much more in store for him. Here h ...more
Angela
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 and I’ll explain
May contain minor spoilers

I found a few problems with this but first I want to mention something that I really liked. The love scenes were particularly good. I found them to be very emotional and just delicious. There was so much touching, feeling, eye contact and they seemed to be worshiping each other. I really thought it was done well. It helped me to see inside Robert and not just focus on how he was acting toward Nathan ( and Jake ) because he felt he had to closeted.
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
Wow, this book blow me away. The book starts pretty in medias res and we are right there with Robert, who is trying to commit suicide and met Nathan. And soon both their lives aren’t what they were before.

The book is the well-known K.A. Merikan-esque kind of writing with unexpected twists in the book, super hot sex and pretty diverse character.

Denial, your prename is Robert. Our mainhero is a pretty hard case of bei
Love Africa Book Club
I enjoy MM Romance but once in a while I want to get away from all the mushy, fluffy stories on the M/M bookshelves and dive into something dark and gritty. A story that isn't afraid to straddle the fine line between thriller and romance. Stories that take us on an adventure into the dark side of the human soul without being paranormal or scifi. On one of those my reading adventures, I discovered this pair of writers and their Guns and Boys series. I'm glad I did.

While Robert and Nathan are not
Amanda
The title and the blurb sounds pretty morbid, but worry not, this story isn't about Robert the ex-thug trying to end his own life. Is about Robert, the thug who save this high end escort from his own boss. Robert thought saving one innocent life might just ease a little of his guilt for killing many, but Nathan might just turn out to be his savior and teach him the meaning of life again.

Nathan, the said escort/prostitute, although he said he isn't one. He is simply trying to find himself a sugar
Lori
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, bmbr-reads
Review soon at bmbr.
Natalie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m going with 4.5 Stars

In certain moods, I really enjoy a dark, gritty, violent story leavened by a burgeoning romance. I’m a slut for books with criminals, gangsters and killers and having them find love and turn themselves around. This story ticked almost all those boxes for me. Robert let himself get pulled into the local loan shark’s business for money but it cost him his true self, most of his family and almost cost him his conscience. Forgoing his own death to save Nathan starts a long,
justanya
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it

The first thing that hooked me in and kept me reading this story was the eerie atmosphere the book opens with. K.A. Meriken outdid themselves with this book. This story has it all, its dark and intense the characters are both morally skewed and damaged. Their world is not for the faint at heart. I’ll keep this review as spoiler-free as possible.

Robert is no stranger to death. He’s been dealing in death since he was 16 years old and doled it out for his employer until he finally decided to end it
Claudia
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Robert and Nathan were awesome together!!!
I love Robert, even if I wanted to smack him upside the head a lot of times! he grew up so much as a person since he met Nathan!
Nathan was such a great guy that had a hard time and didn't deserve the hand life threw his way!
they were perfect for each other!
loved it!
  • Embers (Common Law, #2)
  • Bitten by the Alpha (Regent's Park Pack, #4)
  • Chaos Unchained (Outlaw MC #1)
  • Just Desserts: A Multi-Author Collection of Bite-sized Delights
  • Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder (Chance Assassin, #1)
  • A Mended Man (The Men of Halfway House, #4)
  • Brit Boys: On Boys
  • Like the Night (Blood Bathory #1)
  • In Another Life & Eight Days
  • Duce (World's End #1)
  • Another Man's Treasure
  • Compromised (Uniformity #1)
  • Fidelity
  • How to Love a Monster
  • September (Pride and Joy #1)
  • Corkscrewed
  • Dare to Hope (All Cocks #4)
  • Farfall
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d