Start by marking “Bipolar Disorder, My Biggest Competitor: An Olympian's Journey with Mental Illness” as Want to Read:

A small-town childhood, a close-knit family, a successful career, and an Olympic athlete--this was Amy's life...until it wasn't.

That's the thing about mental illness, it doesn't care where you grew up, how smart you are, how many awards you've won, or how much money you make. It's an equal opportunity destroyer.

From the earliest signs, to the denial, the manic highs, a
Published August 19th 2017 by SpeakUp4MentalHealth

To ask other readers questions about Bipolar Disorder, My Biggest Competitor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bipolar Disorder, My Biggest Competitor

Start your review of Bipolar Disorder, My Biggest Competitor: An Olympian's Journey with Mental Illness
Marie Abanga
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This memoir is not only captivating to me because it sheds so much light on mental illness especially on bipolar disorder; but it is equally captivating because of the author’s life and journey itself. With this said, I confess that once I started reading this soulful and resourceful memoir,  I didn’t put it down until I finished. It took me 8 hours to read, I was on the go and actually grateful for the traffic.
This is a memoir which shares the author’s resilence as she in her own words ‘refuse
Laura Marchildon
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amy Gamble, the author, had it all; she worked for a large pharmaceutical company, had many friends, a loving supportive family, and was an Olympic basketball player.
She was dealt the card of Bipolar Disorder from her family history. Dealing with her mom’s and sister’s mental illness crises impacted her mentally and emotionally. These were the main triggering events into the depths of the disorder.

After Amy’s onset she bounced from severe depression to high manias; buying vehicles, an RV, di
Aubrey Good
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bipolar Disorder, My Biggest Competitor is an incredibly honest retelling of Amy’s tumultuous journey from untreated mental illness to becoming a mental health advocate. Amy’s resiliency and commitment to finding the path to recovery offers hope and inspiration for all those who may be struggling with their own path to wellness!
Lisa Hollen
Kate
Elisa
Kelly Long
Mar 02, 2019
Mental Health Boo...: Bipolar Disorder- March Nonfiction 11 44 Jan 02, 2020 06:07PM