Start by marking “Paper, Scissors, Rock” as Want to Read:

Paper, Scissors, Rock

Do you want a date with a rock star?

"This is Shelly Corbett, reporting to you live for HDN news, I'm outside 'The Jett' nightclub where we have reports coming in left, right and centre that serial womaniser, ‘the world’s gift to music’ – Parker Sloan, has set his sights on a mystery redhead. Breaking footage has revealed the talented musician carrying the unknown woman acr
Published September 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Paper, Scissors, Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper, Scissors, Rock

Alex ♈
DNF

It started ok, (though I assumed he wasn't a manwhore *naive ol' me*), but then I went back and read my friends' reviews, Katerina's review made me immediately DNF it.

Not cool, 'dear' heroine, sooo not cool! 😤😤😤
Dilek VT
This is not a hot rock star romance as the cover of the book suggests but a sweet love story that is romantic and emotional.

We have got the sweetest rock star in this book. Parker Sloan is just perfect. I wouldn't change one thing about him.

Charlotte is an interesting character. I loved her very much 90% of the book but I got pissed at her fiercely for a few chapters in the second half of the book.

Charlotte is a sassy woman, a smart-ass, who doesn’t vie for the attention of the rock star but the
Katerina
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
“I’d told girls I loved them before – but I’d never meant it as much as I did when I said it to Charlotte.”

Sensible manwhore rockstar who falls hard and chases the heroine - a ball busting, independent, successful woman. Praise the book gods not a virgin, classy, a professional make up artist who's had boyfriends, easy sex, enjoyed a life preceding the hero, has a good support system and some ghosts in the closet.

Trust between them was very solid. Conflict arose when she had to decide whether h
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 05, 2017 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Hulya by: Dilek VT
Oh my goodness! I LOVED this cover & blurb very much. :D

@Dilek: My dearest friend, I'm awaiting your review. Pls hurry up and finish this book ASAP and after that maybe I can give a shot too! :D

-----------

You can read Dilek's detailed review from here.. ;)

London
Cheesy sweet, no OW drama, no cheating or groupies, hero chases the heroine and she doesn’t turn into a drooling swooning mess.

It started out really good but then towards the middle not much happened and then all the typical plot twists started piling on. Would recommend for someone looking for a cute,cheesy, safe read
100sweet
Oct 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 69%.

I suffered to 69% before I called it quits. The story started off well with the H pursuing the h but then took a horrible OTT turn. The drama starts with the characters becoming upset over something posted on Facebook. FACEBOOK!!! That is so childish!! The h has a brother who is a master hacker but didn't get him to help her when her ex made her life miserable. But when a pic is posted on Facebook showing the H with his ex, she gets really upset and asks her brother for help. Oh, lets
Coco.V
Mar 17, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/14/2019)! 🎁
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tongan Book Lover
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Looking for a good rockstar read with deep thrills, hot sex and so much drama you're brain will explode? This is the one for you. I haven't read a lot of rockstar romances because they are all normally so cliche and predictable, but this story had its own unique little twist. While I found myself having trouble connecting with the characters in some situations, it didn't deter from how good the storyline was.

Parker & Charlotte had instant chemistry, but Charlotte's had a bad history with co
♥︎♥︎Sofia♥︎♥︎
May 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Its not so much that this was badly written but that it was lazily written. If there is one job an author has its to anchor their fictional story in such a way that the reader feels its reality. If you're not George R R Martin or Pierce Brown or the great number of authors who are fabulous at creating worlds then just set your story in the current but for f**k sake do some research!

Clearly this author isn't American, one didn't need her note at the end of the good to decipher that; which is fin
Casey ~BookObsessionConfessions~
“The moment I saw you, something broke inside of me, and I’ve got a pretty good idea that the only way I can be whole again… is if I’ve got you by my side.”

Oh my Lord.. Parker Sloane.. that bad-boy rocker melts my insides and makes my ovaries explode.

TMI?

description

Seriously though, Parker stole my heart and melted my Kindle screen. This was the perfect mix of heat and sweet and gave me tingles all over reading about this drop-dead sexy rock star.

And of course there's Charlotte, the lucky lady that win
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE AUTHOR THROUGH THE FACEBOOK GROUP "QUIRKY BLIND DATE WITH A BOOK REVIEW". I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I wasn't sure what to expect when I signed up for this book, but what I got was so much more than I thought I would get from this! The book really engaged me and kept my attention throughout it!

I really liked seeing the relation
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This book rocked my world; when Parker Sloan knows what he wants he gets it. Nicole S Goodin did a fabulous job writing this book. The chemistry between Parker and Charlotte was hot.

I loved how when Parker first went up to Charlotte Watson, she wanted nothing to do with him. It was refreshing to read about the way he had to win her over. I adored how hard she fought her feelings for him, until she finally fell head over heals for him.

This book is a standalone but I do wish there were more to co
Rejane
Dec 06, 2017 marked it as not-interested
This review said nice things about the book. But the things she mentioned she didn't like put me off

Sarah Peña
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the humor in this book, the wit of Charlotte especially. It's great how the cocky rock star has to work to get her and is having trouble understanding the problem. The first few chapters were so funny, witty and cute I was actually laughing out loud as I read. I loved the way their romance developed and the issues and problems that do come up were believable and didn't seem forced.
I love that Charlotte is independent and that she's had to work to be that way. Made her so likable.
H
Kathy Aronoff
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A rock star book that is very different from what I am used to - and that is not a bad thing. The first 15% had some really laugh out loud moments between Charlotte & Parker before it settled into an actual love story. For once the profession wasn't the front and center of the book during this time, instead the relationship and how to navigate through one when being with someone famous was. The book was five star territory for me until one to many road blocks were thrust in front of the coup ...more
Kylee
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Please..... let me be able give this book more than five stars! Paper, Scissors, Rock is so much more than just a rockstar romance. This is about not finding the one but finding your everything, your life. Parker was content with his life until her, she was the game changer. However like all good lyrics in a love song talk about, you have to survive the hard stuff to get your forever. As fame, bitterness and life throw everything at Parker and Charlotte can their love be enough to endure the sto ...more
Tammy  Tracy
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been watching this book since it came out in September, finally grabbed a copy and dug in. I love a Rock Star book.
Parker Sloan is done touring feeling a bit alone in his lifestyle. He can walk into any bar and pick up any number of willing girls. He sets his sights on Charlotte Watson who couldn't care less who he is or how many women want him he plays dirty. I love his best friend Jasper he is a hoot. Love Charlotte's best friend Hannah is another key character. This story is full of twis
Coralee Corrigan
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it . Amazing read
Karen Sedgman
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really great read! Parker & Charotte's story was a swoon worthy rockstar/love story! Perfect ending! Looking forward to reading Jasper & Hannah's journey!
Marsha
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paper, Scissors, Rock

Holy hot rock star! I freaking love Parker Sloan!! I swooned over and over throughout this book. I love a cocky guy, but one that is both cocky and sweet just takes the cake!
Charlotte is a makeup artist and Parker is a famous singer. They happen upon each other and the chemistry is immediate, but Charlotte gives him a run for his money that made me giggle more than once. I loved, loved this book and can't wait to read more about these characters!
Nikki Riley
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Give me more!

Loved this book! The interactions between characters was entertaining the love that unfolded was swoon worthy and the drama was light yet emotional. The author made you invested in ALL the characters not just the main ones and I can't wait to read Hanna and Jasper's story along with the brothers!
Phyl
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A rockstar has met his match, a girl who wants nothing to with him. Strange concept to him because everybody wants him. Feeling dejected he has to find a way to inject himself into her life. The way he does it was so clever, kinda stalkish but effective even if she gave him crap for it later. Charlotte has been bitten by a bad relationship, the guy was a total douche so she’s very wary. Her and Parker are great together, lots of up and downs I mean he is a celebrity. I loved all the side charact ...more
bee.
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gawwwwwwsh!
I have read a few Rockstar romances, but this one is definitely up there in my top 5!!!
I freakin' love Parker and Charlotte!!
In fact, I think Charlotte may be in my top 3 female characters! She's so sassy and hilarious! She doesn't take shit from anyone, especially Rock's bad boy Parker Sloan.

Parker is the guy that every girl wants to tame. Ridiculously hot, bad boy, ladies man... all that jazz. He falls head over heels for Charlotte on sight, but he'll have to work hard to crac
Tianna✸loves books✸
It's safe. Classic Rockstar falling in love with a common girl.
Was hoping for a great story and some sweet loving.
What I ended up with was a pretty standard the same old sh*t. Meh.
It was very unbelievable that the Hero fell in insta-love with the heroine. They both fell flat. No chemistry whatsoever.
Marnie
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, intense, and funny rock star romance!

Parker Sloane loved the adulation of his concert fans. He needed it to live, to thrive, “to feed the beast” that was the crowd chanting his name. He can have anything and any girl he wants, his condition is for one time only. Out at a bar, bored with the usual half dressed girls crawling all over him, he spies a pale red-haired girl sitting alone and looking uninterested in the action around her, so he decides he’d like to spend the night with her. Desp
Stacey Broadbent
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Rock my World, that's what this book did! Paper, Scissors, Rock is a fantastic read about a musician named Parker Sloan, and the woman he can't get out of his head, Charlotte.

Parker is on the cover of every gossip magazine. Everywhere he goes, he has women throwing themselves at him. Every women, except for Charlotte.

Charlotte's best friend, Hannah, is obsessed with Parker Sloan. She buys all the magazines and reads all the columns about him, hoping to one day meet the man of her dreams. Charlot
Desire For Lit
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Parker Sloane is a rock God who has everything he ever wanted and can any woman he wants. His only condition is only one time with him. He is out at a bar and growing tired of all the groupies who fawn all over him. He sets his sights on one woman in the bar who he is sure will want to spend the night with him. Charlotte Watson is waiting at the bar for her friend Hannah. The bar is known for hosting rock stars and is Hannah’s usual haunt. She is obsessed with Parker Sloane and hopes one day to ...more
RegencyEmma
Oct 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: i-hate
DNF only after a couple pages!
I HATE when books shame women for wearing, in their opinion 'too much make up'. Implying they are Fake, easy, sluts, superficial, dumb, all the same and they have really nothing important to offer.
Oh and of course the Heroine is a natural beauty that makes the guy fall in love with her at one glance...
**SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP THE SHAME!**
Here are few lines I found after reading a few pages. (From both protagonists)

I dreaded to think about what Hannah was doin
Sassy Southern
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Paper, Scissors, Rock by author, Nicole Goodin is an unbelievable read. This is a rock star romance and off the charts good. The story is about rock star extraordinaire, Parker Sloan. Parker is used to getting everything he wants and needs. He sees a.red headed girl and knows he has to have her and what Parker wants he gets or so he thinks. The girl's name is Charlotte Watson and Charlotte wants nothing to do with an entitled rock star especially one that is all over the tabloids. Plus she's not
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Redeeming You (Before You, #2)
  • Rocked & Twisted Box Set (Lost in Oblivion, #1-2.5)
  • Backlash (Winter's Wrath, #1)
  • Protecting His Rockstar (Deuces Wild, #1)
  • Fighting Lust
  • Harley (West Coast Rock Star, #1)
  • Detour
  • Southern Rocker Boy (Southern Rockers, #1)
  • Everything After (Everything After, #1)
  • The Hysterics (The Hysterics #1)
  • Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band, #1)
  • Wycked Crush (Wycked Obsession Book 1)
  • Lucky Save (Las Vegas Kingsnakes #2)
  • Taming Chaos (Raining Chaos Book 1)
  • Secondhand Heart (The Spotlight, #1)
  • Teacher (A Hollywood Rock n' Romance Trilogy, #1)
  • Punk Rock Resurrection (Radical Rock Stars, #3)
  • Heaven Sent (Oblivion on Tour, #1)
NICOLE S. GOODIN is a romance author and mother of two from Taranaki in the North Island of New Zealand.
In mid-2015, she started to write about a group of characters who wouldn’t get out of her head. Her first book, Rushed, was published in mid-2016.
Nicole enjoys long walks on the beach, pillow fights and braiding her friends’ hair. She dislikes clichés, talking about herself in the third person,