Start by marking “Echoes” as Want to Read:
Echoes

Echoes

They wake on a deserted island. Fiona and Miles, high school enemies now stranded together. No memory of how they got there. No plan to follow, no hope to hold on to.

Each step forward reveals the mystery behind the forces that brought them here. And soon, the most chilling discovery: something else is on the island with them.

Something that won't let them leave alive.
Published August 7th 2018 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about Echoes, please sign up.
Lesley Barklay I read on Alice Reeds' website that the sequel is coming in winter 2020, and that the title is Fissures.

Carrie
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Echoes by Alice Reeds is the type of book that when finished I had to pick my jaw back up off the floor and thought about throwing my Kindle. And as much as that sounds like I hated this one I really didn’t, it’s actually rather brilliant. Talk about a book that will mess with your mind…

I don’t want to say too much about Echoes as you can tell the blurb is really kind of cryptic as to what you are getting and that’s a good thing, it’s one that you want to go in fresh and let the story slowly unf
D.M.
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Echoes is so cryptic I'm still trying to work out the title. Trust nobody. Fear everything. This is a mystery suspense read which I couldn't put down.

Fiona is a special girl. She is the current Florida State lightweight kickboxing champion. She trains hard and dedicates her time to being the best. She knows her strengths but school work isn't one of them. She's an average student with a talent in sport.

Miles is Mr rich and popular. He's also intelligent, fluent in other languages and knows com
Felicia
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a very fast read that keeps you turning the pages just to find out what exactly is happening only to get to the end and find out that this will not be a stand-alone book and you're not getting any answers. A very suspenseful storyline, no doubt, but full of the typical YA book themes and clichés. With that being said, teens will love this book and that is the intended audience after all.

3 1/2 ⭐

I was provided an ARC of this book by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Amanda
I requested a copy of this novel purely on reputation. A few blogger friends of mine said that this was supposed to be good and I trust their opinions, so I requested a review copy. I never read the blub, so I was in for a wild ride. Echoes is a young adult novel about survival with a bit of a science fiction twist. It was pretty good and kept me reading because I was so curious about what would happen next.

The characters were mediocre in my opinion. They were your run of the mill young adult ma
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

*Disclaimer: An e-ARC of Echoes by Alice Reeds was provided to me by Entangled Teen via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way.

Initial Post Reading Thoughts:

Well, this defintitely had ALL the twists and turns. However, it doesn't answer half of the questions that you will have, but it does set up for a sequel...

What I Liked

The mystery. This book is hella intriguing all thanks to the crazy mystery throughout the entire thing. You literally don’t
Carrie (brightbeautifulthings)
I received a free e-ARC through NetGalley from the publishers at Entangled Publishing, LLC.

When Fiona wins an internship to Briola Tech in Berlin, it’s a dream come true. The only downfall is that she’s sharing the experience with her arch-nemesis, Miles, a swaggering rich boy who goes out of his way to humiliate her at school. They arrive in Berlin only to discover that there is no Briola Tech, and someone doesn’t want them to leave the city. In alternate chapters, Fiona and Miles never arrive
Mandy
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller-by-mj
This was like baby Lost met baby Jason Bourne with even a bear to complete the package...and I was 200% down with it.

I will give this book so much credit - I had no clue what was going on the entire book but not in that weird confusing way. I literally had no clue where this book was heading and how these two events were connected and what was going to be the end result. I sort of guessed a bigger reveal about halfway through but I totally didn't see the why behind it or how it was going to unf
✨ elsa ✨
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
RATING - 4 1/2 stars

This was simply amazing. I had little to no problems with it. This is my favorite thriller, settled. Full review when I get home.
heather - NightlyReading
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the back and forth banter between Fiona & Miles. They started off really despising each other but ended up being the only person the other could trust in the whole world.

This story takes the reader on a whirlwind of ups and downs and you are left wanting so much more. All I can say is that this better be a series because I need to see what happens with these characters from here.

I had zero problems with starting the book and continuing. It gripped my attention from the first chapter
Kayla
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got sent this book in exchange for a honest review, all my opinions are my own and thank you so much to the publishers for sending me this book!

This was so confusing but in the best possible way. In this story we follow Fiona and Miles who are enemies, they are not fond of eachother at all.
When they are both heading out on a plane to Berlin, the plane crashes on an island. All they have to survive is eachother and they discover that them being stranded seems too convienant.

So I really liked th
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

I love how simple the synopsis is! It says just enough to make you curious, but not enough to give anything away. That's definitely a good thing with this one, because there is a lot going on. I had so many questions and only a vague idea of what was happening. I felt just as lost as Miles
Shorouk Abd Elhamed
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: page-turner
This was one of my best reads this year.I would totally give it 5 stars but the characters weren't unique enough for me . The plot was wonderful.It was full of twists and turns.I guessed many things but still the author surprised me at many points. I loved where the story went and wanted a sequel to that. Actually I think it needs a sequel.(view spoiler) ...more
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Hmm...thriller/mystery plus romance? Okay, I'm open to it
TrillianAstra
Let me start by saying that I went into this book pretty skeptical after the first couple chapters. I still have some issues with it, but I can’t give it anything less than 4 stars. Based on overall plot/mystery/suspense, this is easily a 5-Star story. But there were some things that held me back from rating it as such (discussed below in the Cons Section, if you are interested).

This book at times felt like a mix of Lost, Hunger Games, and Maze Runner. Maybe a little bit of Inception, too. It fo
Maca
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
„Let’s hunt those who want to hunt us.“

I don’t even know what to say.
It was mind-blowing 😦😯
And I looooved it 🙌
Where is the damn sequel? I need it now! 😤😏
Roxanne
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and Entangled Teen for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Fiona and Miles have been picked to be interns for and they are on the their way to Germany. However, once they arrive they find that things aren't quite what they seem. First, they have only one room and one bed, and when Fiona tries to find another room she learns that they hotel doesn't know who booked the room.

To top it off she received a voicemail from Joe telling her to trust no one. But things g
Mia Siegert
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I had the honor to read ECHOES when it was a draft and it was absolutely MARVELOUS. I'll update this once I see the finished version but this is such an exciting, exhilarating read.

It really reminded me of THE BEACH by Alex Garland.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

Mind-blowingly amazing doesn’t even begin to cover Alice Reeds’ Echoes. This book is so indescribingly awesome that I am once again, left in a state of shock and disbelief! Fans of LOST will really get a kick out of this one, but like its counterpart be prepared for thousands of question and only a few answers at this time. Though that is me hoping upon hoping upon w
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
Echoes was such a strange book with lots of twists.

Fiona and Miles are not similar, but they both got picked for an internship in Berlin.  While they both go to the same school, they really don't like each other much.  Fiona's family doesn't have a lot of money.  She has a scholarship to their private school.  She's a kickboxer with a father that pushes her way too hard.  Miles has a lot of money and a dad who pretty much ignores him.

On the way to Berlin, their plane crashes and things just ge
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Thanks to NetGalley for providing me with a digital arc in exchange for an honest Review!

I don't know what I just read, it was so full of mystery. I couldn't put it down and finished in one day. The description doesn't reveal much so I only have the slightest idea of the story.

Two students who are going on an internship in Germany, but the plane crashed and found themselves on an island, alone and can't remember anything.

Fiona, who is a lightweight kickboxer is a tough girl, who doesn't have a
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Echoes by Alice Reeds tells the story between two born rivals Miles and Fiona. They are paired together for an internship in Berlin. But things grow dire when they crash land with little to no hope of being rescued. While on the island they both soon learn that something diabolical is happening right under their noses.

The struggle to survive with little food, and dead bodies littering the ocean floors. Miles and Fiona have to work together to find a way home.

Echoes was a fast paced, on the edg
Lelia Taylor
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, my goodness. To say I was surprised by this book would be a mild understatement. I thought it sounded like it could be good—otherwise, I wouldn’t have signed on to review it for this blog tour—but this is better than good. This is the Young Adult thriller that might just convert some of those adult readers out there who think YA isn’t interesting enough or able to grab their attention.

The stakes are high from the very first page when Fiona is relating the abject fear setting in on Miles an
Meigan
Man, the synopsis really didn’t do this book any justice, giving the reader the barest of bare-bones ideas of what Echoes is really about. Yes, there is a deserted island. Yes, Miles and Fiona are stuck on it, and yes, there is something else on the island. But the entire story is certainly much, much deeper and definitely much more sinister than the synopsis leads readers to believe.

The story bounces between the island and a city, but neither one really give any clues as to how and why Miles a
Karen Fortunati
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow - this is a fast-paced, mind blowing story that you won't be able to put down. Intricately layered, the intrigue jumps off the first page! Set on a tropical island and in Berlin, mystery surrounds two American teens who are both survivors of a plane crash and the unsuspecting targets of a European internship gone bad. Yes, two parallel story lines keep the reader racing towards the end! An amazing debut, I cannot wait for the sequel. Well done, Alice Reeds!!!!
Myreadbooks
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank the Netgalley website and Entzngled Publishing for this partnership.

I was immediately attracted by the cover, we see at night a night spot where the palm trees that prove that it is an island and the title echoes it looks like it explodes into a thousand pieces from where the glass debris around the title.

It all starts when Fiona and Miles wake up on a desert island. Two high school students who failed together without any memories of how they landed there. They will disco
Lectus
Aug 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Ridiculous and plain. We have two stereotypical characters: the rich, petulant (on the outside) and gorgeous guy, and the fearless female (Katniss wanna be). They hate each other because she is... smart and he is rich? Whatever. They end up in this island where they come out as different persons and now they love each other because, hey! the rich guy does have a heart and all that cockiness was just to hide some bullshit that all rich people in YA go through.

Forget about the conspiracy in the pl
Mihlean
Rating: 2,5 stars

I’m conflicted. Did I enjoy reading Echoes? I mean, I kinda did. Am I annoyingly confused? Hell yes.

This novel is about two teenagers who are being chosen for a special school program and there are sort of two storylines but first, the characters. Fiona, she’s a lightweight kickboxing champion and Miles, he’s just.. A smart and rich guy. These two characters could not be any more stereotypical. Fiona’s the badass and tough girl who doesn’t take shit from anyone and Miles is an
Inn Auni
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pros:

Cover. It warrant a star. Even though the color chosen was too dark and may not capture my attention from afar, up close, it look great.

Miles. Maybe because the point of view wasn't his, I tend to cheer for him. The misunderstood golden boy who play along with the crowd. Kind of sad that he needed to be accepted within a circle when he could create his own circle.

The island. The storyline was thrilling. That could have happen to anyone.

The ending. Applause for confusing the heck out of me.
T.H. Hernandez
Two parts LOST, one part THE HUNGER GAMES, ECHOES is intriguing, complex, at times confusing, but a fast, fun, satisfying read. The story opens with a plane crash on a deserted island before flashing back to a trip to Germany seventeen hours earlier. At first, it seems like two separate storylines, and I wasn’t sure which one was real, but it ultimately resolves clearly, so stick with it. High school students Fiona and Miles are recipients of a swanky internship for tech-giant, Briola, in German ...more
Loretta (Laughing Listener)

The Laughing Listener

August 2018
Format: Ebook
*I was graciously given a free copy in exchange for an honest review*

Overall Rating: 4 Stars

WHOA. I don’t… What just happened?!? This book was INSANE. I’m not quite sure what I was expecting—maybe a romance adventure about two teens surviving a plane crash? And well… it definitely IS that, but also SO MUCH MORE. My brain is still spinning and I can already tell I’m going to have to reread this to try and catch everything I missed the first time.

MIND BLOWN.

This
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: Echoes by Alice Reeds - Starting July 15, 2018 16 17 Jul 27, 2018 12:23PM
  • Surface Tension
  • What You Hide
  • Reborn
  • Unwritten
  • My Whole Truth
  • Watching You
  • Songs from the Deep
  • Here There Are Monsters
  • Sea of Strangers (The Ryogan Chronicles, #2)
  • Awakening (The Twins Of Saranthium, #1)
  • Heartsick
  • Night Moves (The Night Songs Collection Book 2)
  • Dare You to Lie
  • Jinxed
  • Elements
  • Otherwood
  • Strangers (The Reckoner, #1)
  • The Book of Secrets (The Last Oracle #1)
Alice Reeds was born in a small town in Germany but spent her first eight years in Florida, USA. Later on, she moved back to Europe, where her family moved around a lot. She was raised trilingual and has a basic understanding of Russian, read and spoken. After getting her International Baccalaureate Diploma, Alice is studying English Language and Literature at University. In her free time Alice mo ...more