Start by marking “Immortal Iron Fists” as Want to Read:
Immortal Iron Fists

Immortal Iron Fists

(The Immortal Iron Fists #1-6)

There's a new Iron Fist: the young kung fu monk, Pei! And Danny Rand is ready to teach her everything she needs to know about harnessing her chi and being a hero. But can he teach the young K'un-Lun native how to fit in at a New York City public school? And what about all the mysterious monsters that keep trying to destroy New York? Trouble is coming, but thank goodness th ...more
Published January 30th 2018 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Iron Fists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Iron Fists

Paul E. Morph
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one; I just martial arted my way through all six issues in one sitting (OK, I got up after #2 to get myself some lunch but that still counts, right?)

It's a continuation of Kaare Andrews' Iron Fist book from a couple of years ago but the addition of a new art team really gives it its own voice. It felt pretty unique to me; slightly manga-esque but with a US indie comics feel to it, too.

There were only two things I didn't like about it:

1. It seems to have picked up the 'Danny
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
An attempt was made and I want to appreciate that attempt but there was really nothing for me to love here aside from the premise. I adore Danny Rand. I adore the legacy of the Iron Fist. Questionable ethics of the origin aside, I think it's great when writers mention that previous, and in this case: future, Iron Fists have been asian. I appreciate that they were telling a story where Danny becomes a guardian/teacher to the new Iron Fist. That being said, the execution was painful to watch.

There
Danica
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fresh new take on Iron Fist.
Shadowdenizen
While I appreciated what Kaare Andrews brought to the Iron Fist saga, and there were elements I certainly liked, his run was just not for me, ultimately.

But I pkcked this up as an Iron Fist completist, abd really liked what I read here. Unlike Luke Cage, Danny is a hard character to humanize/emapthize with due to his lack of human connections. (That's why he needs a good foil like Luke Cage!)

And this title offers that, in spades. Surprisngly just the right amount of wits, heart, action and conne
Adan
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This was quite a disjointed story that just sort of jumped around various scenes without any real connective tissue. And Andrews made the unforgivable sin of calling jiang shi “ninjas”. C’mon, man. At least Afu Chan and Shelly Chen’s art was great.
Diego
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!
Silas
Feb 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I intensely disliked Kaare Andrews's previous work on Iron Fist, but I do love the character, and am a bit of a completionist, so I decided to check this out. There really isn't a lot to like here. First off, the art is terrible. Colors are screwed up, characters are superdeformed and difficult to figure out (there was a main character that I figured was female for about four issues, until the words seemed to indicate the character was male... but it was never really addressed elsewhere, so I'm ...more
Angela
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
After the pretty disastrous previous Iron Fist Run, this adventure was refreshingly enjoyable. Danny gets to learn how to be a slightly more grown up grown-up. Pei, who I didn't particularly care for in the previous run, is a delight here as she transitions from Ku Lun to the even more daunting perils of junior high school. And a beagle-sized baby Shou-Lao (called Gork here) as the family pet is just priceless.

Reading this one slightly out of order makes me miss Pei's presence in the current Ir
Adam Fisher
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Never been much of a reader of Iron Fist, but when I saw that this title covered a young girl becoming Iron Fist, I was intrigued. What unfolded was ok... the art wasn't appealing to me, the book focused more on how Pei interacted with people at school and learning to control the social aspects of life and not on fighting (which apparently was covered in previous Iron Fist comics, and as evident in her prowess), and the story was so jumpy and disjointed at times that I felt like some panels migh ...more
Macky Santiago
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was cute. Very cute. I almost hate that it feels like netflix danny is the iron fist in this one but it is a thing the way live action media influences the printed universe. That Pei is the star and that the journey focuses on her is what makes me love this. I just wish they had a longer runway to develop the story because that would have meant more time spent with the character. Well it is done and I am glad we have a story like this. Middle grade Iron Fist. Adorable!
Wes
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
So, I really want to like Iron Fist. I REALLY do, but a lot of times he just doesn't really work for me. The reasons vary from tone to art, dialogue and story line, but this particular Immortal Iron Fist collection was kind of nice and didn't bother me. I really like Kaare's covers, and would like to see him complete an entire book, but Afu Chan's art fits the tone really well.

Story works just fine, but nothing essential here.

Daniel Butcher
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel
The Iron Dad?

I understand what Andrews is doing in bringing a younger vibe to the title and a fresh take on Danny...heck a reverse take on Danny's story. But the art isn't always for me and I'm not a Young Adult who might enjoy this more.
Edgar Ovalle
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter and I truly enjoyed this one.

The art was fun. The story of Danny Rand as a father. I hope there is more on this relationship but I think this is the first and last we see of Pei . I hope I'm wrong. I hope to see her in more books.
Brian
Not really loving these digital original comics
Larry
Jan 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Abominable art, horrible concept, terrible dialogue. Loved It Fist in the past, this is embarrassingly bad.
Jaclyn Hogan
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Took a little while to get into this one. The art itself felt a little jarring and 70's-ish, I guess. But there's enough heart to make it worth the read.
Bill Williams
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute in a Marvel-Does-Scott-Pilgrim kind of way.
Laura Lawson
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pei is wonderful and I hope to read more!
Lukas Holmes
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun little gem of a book. I had no idea this came out (a little foggy on how it was released originally) and went in cold. New characters I don't know, a story I've never read. Wonderful.
Sardonyx
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this! The little girl and her interaction with the other kids was entertaining! Art style is interesting and works really well with it!
Lauren Paletta
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pei is freakin' awesome!
Jesse Post
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I guess I’m a sucker for Lone Wolf and Cub-type stories (LOGAN is one of the best superhero movies ever, in my opinion), but even with that bias caveat this is just a fantastic comic built on a fantastic premise. There are two Iron Fists now—Danny Rand, the one we know, and Pei, a pre-teen girl from the mystical land of Kun Lun who has been assigned to Danny as a kind of apprentice Fist. The story thankfully eschews the “will they/won’t they develop a family bond?” question and cuts right to a k ...more
Alex Sarll
Danny Rand - who's less irritating on page than screen, thank heavens - reverses his own origin story and tries to raise Pei, the little girl from K'un-Lun who's heir to the Iron Fist, in New York city. But parenting doesn't come naturally to him, not least because he's initially aiming for more of a cool uncle vibe, and she finds navigating the school system without punching anyone far trickier than life in an ancient martial arts kingdom. Also, the neighbourhood is beset by successive plagues ...more
Luke
May 04, 2018
Matthew Murphy
Mar 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

The Immortal Iron Fists (6 books)
  • Immortal Iron Fists #1