Start by marking “Sure Thing” as Want to Read:
Sure Thing

Sure Thing

(Best Laid Plans #1)

Have you ever set out to have a one night stand with a sexy stranger?
No? I’m the only one?
Just kidding, I would never.
Ever.
Not usually.

But then I figured, why not? My entire life I’ve been good and it’s gotten me nowhere.
No job.
No apartment.
No boyfriend.

I’m owed a little fun, aren’t I? A reward for being good.
Sure, a new pair of shoes would be more appropriate, but
ebook, 1st Edition, 272 pages
Published October 10th 2017 by Rutherford Press (first published October 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Sure Thing, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Natalie Conrad Yes, it will be out later this year. It's called Plan B

Start your review of Sure Thing
Christy
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4.25 stars!!!

description

The thing I love most about Jana’s books is they always leave me with a huge smile on my face! I know they’re going to be fun, sexy, and make me laugh. Sure Thing was no exception! I adored this story and these characters!

Violet is in her mid-twenties and feels like her life has been turned upside down. She’s recently lost her job, lost her boyfriend, and is living with her sister until she can get her life back together. While working as a tour guide, she meets a sexy stranger an
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Jana Aston has done the unthinkable! She wrote a hero who’s swoonier than Sawyer Camden and hotter than Dr. Luke Miller! Jennings is everything I ever wanted! He’s sweet, sexy, and a dirty-talking sex god!
Romantic Comedy fans will absolutely love this book! If you’re looking for a fun and flirty book that will make you squirm and laugh out loud in the same sentence--look not further. This is it! Buy it now!

Here’s the breakdown:26 year-old Violet has hit a rough patch and finds herself in an une
Bibi
I was bored something fierce by Violet and Jennings and I just can’t grin-bear-read any longer.

DNF. No rating
Mindy Lou's Book Review
2nd read (audiobook): I'm a sucker for an accent so after reading this book and finding out the hero was British, I knew the audiobook was a must. Both narrators did a fantastic job and I enjoyed this book just as much the second time as I did the first.

1st read: I don't know why I waited so long to read this. My favorite type of trope is a romantic comedy and Jana Aston is one of the best romcom authors out there. This has the perfect amount of humor. It's not over the top or silly. It was funn
Sabrina
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE
Amazon US * Amazon UK

What is it about British characters that just automatically became hotter in my imagination once we learn they're a Brit? I'm actually very curious about this and it may even result in some Hot British men research.

Sure Thing was a very enjoyable read and I liked that it had a bit of everything in it. The heroine was funny and had me smiling like a crazy person, the hero was well British *dreamy sigh* and together they brought a good amount of sexiness to the book. T
Harper Sloan
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jana Aston knocks it out of the park with Sure Thing! A ridiculously adorable heroine, a sinfully hot hero, and chemistry that will guarantee this one is, in fact, a sure thing!
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

DNF 15%. Perhaps should I give Sure Thing the benefit of doubt, but the boredom is real (thank you long-ass monologues and endless descriptions of the leads' body) and I'm not sure I can stand this holier-than-thou MC (who keeps saying she's not slut-shaming her twin sister, but still makes sure we know that she is not like her, KAY?). Also I'll be happy if I never read 'love again, British accent or not *roll eyes*

The story is just not interesting and the writing far from engaging. Therefore I
Isabella. R
5 Twin Switcheroo Stars ⭐️

Sure Thing is the first book about identical twin Violet and starts off with a bang, quite literally. Where being sensible is Violet’s jam, Daisy her twin is out there living her life to the fullest.

Taking a leaf out of her sister’s book, Violet decides a wild night out is what she needs to help her forget about the mess she finds herself in.
Violet is jobless and sleeping on her sisters couch after her boyfriend makes her break up with herself (yep apparently it’s a thi
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

"You're exactly the kind of crazy I've been looking for my entire life."
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4-star-books
4 Travel with Me stars

I love Jana Aston reads! Her books are always a one-clicks for me. I really needed Sure Thing. I wanted a laugh-out-loud, happy-go-lucky, feel-good-vibe book and Sure Thing hit the mark for me!

I love vacation books, it makes me want to pack my bags and take a tour somewhere and trust met, tours are the way to go.

Violet is 26 and she’s finding herself. She was recently laid-off and dumped. She doesn’t know what to do with her life, but she has a job a tour guide for one week
Janie
This was a really cute and funny read. It was very fun being inside Violet’s mind during her POV. Jennings was a super hot Brit. Who doesn’t love a good accent? Anyways I’m hoping we get Daisy’s story and by the ending of this book I’m thinking maybe we will.
Alex ♈
Shallow female character.
He wasn't any better.
Safe though.
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I love Jana Aston’s writing. Hers is the type of humor that really clicks for me. I eat up her feel-good stories packed with quirky characters. Sure Thing has all the ingredients needed to make a winning romantic comedy. I just wanted to tweak the recipe a little.

Here’s the thing. Despite my love of dirty books, I’m a bit of a goodie two shoes. Lying makes me feel uncomfortable. It’s not that I haven’t done it, but whenever I’m about to tell a lie, or I know someone else is about to lie, I have
Katerina
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This is probably my least favourite Jana Aston book which, in short means it's still better than half the crap that's published out there. #fact. And she's one of the few authors who's acknowledgements I bother to read!

Violet - 26 - participates in her first ever one night stand with a Brit, Jennings - 36 - calling herself "Rose". The morning after she walks away without any regrets, proud and most importantly satisfied. The following day, she covers for her twin sister Daisy who is a travel to
Carol
4.5 stars.
It seems to me that it has been a while since Jana Aston put out a new full-length novel and this one was so worth the wait.
I raced through it soaking up all the wonderful "feels" I get from reading a Jana Aston story. Sometimes an author just clicks for you and Jana's writing style has always done that for me. I really love her unique, original storys and her main characters(and secondary ones) always fascinate me.
This author like her novel is a "Sure Thing"for me.

p.s. I forgot to m
Melanie (mells_view)
4 “I’m a sure thing,” Stars!

A fun read. I think the little twin switch trope is pretty cute, and added and very fun aspect to the story. When will she be exposed? Will she be exposed? Not only that the love story was sweet even if it was quick. I think the characters are written in a way that it’s very believable that they would find love this way. It just works with their personalities.

I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a romcom with a heavy dose of smut. Hot smut at that. This story is li
Lana Reads
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was a child I used to dream of a twin. I used to believe that somewhere in the world there was my twin, who didn't yet know me and I was hoping she would meet me someday...
So the books about twin sisters are always special to me, even more so when the twins are good friends. It's such a pleasure to read about non toxic families.

"...in sisterhood nothing says 'I love you' quite like lending your favourite dress."
- yeah.

The romance was nice too, don't get me wrong! Both Violet and Jennings
Jacqueline
Just what I was in the mood for - warm, smutty and witty, I loved this.

I've read everything this author has written and I love the way she writes, I just wish the resolution was a bit more drawn out, the endings always seen a bit rushed to me. This was better but still too fast. Fab read otherwise though.

Mindy Lou's Book Review

Mysza
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
**** 4,5 stars ****

Jana Aston writes so fine. Whenever I want fun, sexy and swoony, I know I'll never go wrong with her. This one too, pure reading pleasure with a constant smile on your face.

BTW. There's also Times Square by Jana Aston at the end of the book, so you actually get 2 stories here.
Syndi
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am between 3 to 4 stars on this book. I end up round it to 4 stars. I always adore Miss Aston quirky heroines. Her books always make me laugh out loud. A sure cure for heavy heart.

Sure Thing is really a sure thing. A one night stand story that developes into a quirky, sassy fun love story. Jenning is that perfect match for Violet. Their banter is funny and hiliarious.

4 stars
Three Chicks
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Review by Lisa Kane

Violet Hayden is at a standstill. She’s lost her boyfriend, her job and her place to live. The boyfriend and the job were a two-for-Violet worked for her boyfriend’s family’s company and when it was sold, she lost the job and the guy. He got offered a position on the other side of the country and he moved like Jagger to take it. Leaving Violet in the dust. Its only by stalking him on social media that she’s found out he quickly got himself a replacement for her. So n
Bindi Boo
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Light, witty, sexy and everything else sweet. Really enjoyed this one!
The heroine had a hard-on for everything British, so naturally when she comes across a sexy British hunk at a bar, a one night stand doesn't seem too daunting. What starts of as a one-night-stand soon turns into a one-night-week..and the rest is history.
Great choice if you are looking for a lighter read. The main characters were absolutely adorable and i adored their banter(and sexy times!)
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Can I just say what a refreshing and delightful read this was? Funny in all the right places, sexy when needed. Just balance in a story I simply loved.
Cami
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giggle-fest
4.25 Stars!!!

I’m going to start out by saying I think Jana Aston writes books for me! Her books are exactly what I love most which is lots of good humor, an interesting storyline and plenty of hotness!!

This story about identical twins was a really interesting storyline, definitely a departure from the norm.

I loved how Violet’s one-night-stand took an acquired turn and especially since it is totally out of character for her to have done it in the first place.

A nice well rounded RomCom.
Michelle
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nr-2017
I absolutely hate it when I buy a book and then a few days later i see that it's KU!!! Ugh! Makes me just want to cancel my KU!

4.5 Stars
This was really funny! Loved it:))
Shayna
Hilarious. Romantic. Sweet. And so so SWOONY! As soon as I finished it, I wanted to experience the PURE JOY of it all over again! I’m a HUGE fan of Jana Aston’s work and I’ve read everything she has  released out into the wild and I’ve got to say, SURE THING is her BEST WORK to date! These characters, Violet and Jennings were so addicting and this hilarious and swoony storyline was amazing and so intriguing! I NEVER wanted it to end.

“Do you know what’s great about British men? Everything.”

Vi
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

b3ae2e70fe6a81a3f54ba7e9eb1ff0

There is one thing for certain when it comes to reading a Jana Aston’s book and that it’s always a Sure Thing!! Yes, Jana aptly titled this book as it was sassy, funny, sexy, and a total riot. Since this book is a fast read, I won’t say much but if you like British alpha hero and sassy quirky heroines then this book is for you. As always, this book left a big smile on my face.. So are you ready for a Sure Thing read? Then go...one click this
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

4.5 Stars

“Is this real?” I whisper it, meant more for myself than him, but his eyes answer my question; his gaze moves across my face with tenderness before a, “Yes” is pressed onto my lips.

We were a bit late to the Jana Aston party, only sampling her work in the short story, Times Square which we both thoroughly enjoyed. And whilst it may have been a little taste, it was enough to have us swooning big time over her male hero and ensuring we were desperate to read more of her titillatin
Dilek VT
This book would have been better as a novella because a very simple plot line is stretched so much that it has become an awfully boring and dragging reading experience. It is dull and repetitive. It is also extremely predictable. Although it is only 200 pages long, it is unbearable.

***********************************************

Violet and Jenning's relationship begins as a one-night stand and then, stretches to a week.

Because they started it with some innocent lies, thinking it would be for one

• Inappropriate
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • All Grown Up
  • Mr. Mayfair
  • My Brother's Billionaire Best Friend
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Outmatched
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Day He Came Back
  • His Royal Highness
  • The Billionaire Boss Next Door
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Seven Nights of Sin (Penthouse Affair, #2)
  • The Two Week Arrangement (Penthouse Affair, #1)
  • Hooking Up (Shacking Up, #2)
Jana Aston likes cats, big coffee cups and books about billionaires who deflower virgins. She wrote her debut novel while fielding customer service calls about electrical bills, and she's ever grateful for the fictional gynecologist in Wrong that readers embraced so much she was able to make working in her pajamas a reality. Jana is the author of 4 books, and all of them have appeared on either th ...more

Best Laid Plans (2 books)
  • Plan B (Best Laid Plans, #2)