Start by marking “Sure Thing” as Want to Read:
Sure Thing

Sure Thing

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  4,455 Ratings  ·  560 Reviews
Have you ever set out to have a one night stand with a sexy stranger?
No? I’m the only one?
Just kidding, I would never.
Ever.
Not usually.

But then I figured, why not? My entire life I’ve been good and it’s gotten me nowhere.
No job.
No apartment.
No boyfriend.

I’m owed a little fun, aren’t I? A reward for being good.
Sure, a new pair of shoes would be more appropriate, but
ebook, 1st Edition, 272 pages
Published October 10th 2017 by Rutherford Press (first published October 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Sure Thing, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Christy
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4.25 stars!!!

description

The thing I love most about Jana’s books is they always leave me with a huge smile on my face! I know they’re going to be fun, sexy, and make me laugh. Sure Thing was no exception! I adored this story and these characters!

Violet is in her mid-twenties and feels like her life has been turned upside down. She’s recently lost her job, lost her boyfriend, and is living with her sister until she can get her life back together. While working as a tour guide, she meets a sexy stranger an
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jana Aston has done the unthinkable! She wrote a hero who’s swoonier than Sawyer Camden and hotter than Dr. Luke Miller! Jennings is everything I ever wanted! He’s sweet, sexy, and a dirty-talking sex god!
Romantic Comedy fans will absolutely love this book! If you’re looking for a fun and flirty book that will make you squirm and laugh out loud in the same sentence--look not further. This is it! Buy it now!

Here’s the breakdown:26 year-old Violet has hit a rough patch and finds herself in an une
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, rom-com, british
This book was fabulous and only a few more days until it's being released!!!

Here is your chance to win it!!!

goo.gl/c2Ys8h

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

I love the BRITISH!!!

I honestly adore them. EVERYTHING actually. Their British accent and swear words, their colloquialism, and dry humor. Call me thrilled when I read Sure Thing and Violet aka Daisy, aka Love shared my love for all things British.

I adored Violet's quirky mind, straight forward and no-nonsense attitude. T
Sabrina
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE
Amazon US * Amazon UK

What is it about British characters that just automatically became hotter in my imagination once we learn they're a Brit? I'm actually very curious about this and it may even result in some Hot British men research.

Sure Thing was a very enjoyable read and I liked that it had a bit of everything in it. The heroine was funny and had me smiling like a crazy person, the hero was well British *dreamy sigh* and together they brought a good amount of sexiness to the book. T
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I don't know why I waited so long to read this. It was amazing! My favorite type of trope is the RomCom and Jana Aston is the queen of RomCom. This has the perfect amount of humor. It's not over the top or silly. It was funny enough that had me laughing in some parts and smiling really big in others. I would say this more of a cute-funny. I just think Jennings and Violet were freakin adorable together and I didn't want it to end. I'm seriously going to have to buy the audible next because I not ...more
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

DNF 15%. Perhaps should I give Sure Thing the benefit of doubt, but the boredom is real (thank you long-ass monologues and endless descriptions of the leads' body) and I'm not sure I can stand this holier-than-thou MC (who keeps saying she's not slut-shaming her twin sister, but still makes sure we know that she is not like her, KAY?). Also I'll be happy if I never read 'love again, British accent or not *roll eyes*

The story is just not interesting and the writing far from engaging. Therefore I
Harper Sloan
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jana Aston knocks it out of the park with Sure Thing! A ridiculously adorable heroine, a sinfully hot hero, and chemistry that will guarantee this one is, in fact, a sure thing!
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

"You're exactly the kind of crazy I've been looking for my entire life."
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4-star-books
4 Travel with Me stars

I love Jana Aston reads! Her books are always a one-clicks for me. I really needed Sure Thing. I wanted a laugh-out-loud, happy-go-lucky, feel-good-vibe book and Sure Thing hit the mark for me!

I love vacation books, it makes me want to pack my bags and take a tour somewhere and trust met, tours are the way to go.

Violet is 26 and she’s finding herself. She was recently laid-off and dumped. She doesn’t know what to do with her life, but she has a job a tour guide for one week
Janie
This was a really cute and funny read. It was very fun being inside Violet’s mind during her POV. Jennings was a super hot Brit. Who doesn’t love a good accent? Anyways I’m hoping we get Daisy’s story and by the ending of this book I’m thinking maybe we will.
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I love Jana Aston’s writing. Hers is the type of humor that really clicks for me. I eat up her feel-good stories packed with quirky characters. Sure Thing has all the ingredients needed to make a winning romantic comedy. I just wanted to tweak the recipe a little.

Here’s the thing. Despite my love of dirty books, I’m a bit of a goodie two shoes. Lying makes me feel uncomfortable. It’s not that I haven’t done it, but whenever I’m about to tell a lie, or I know someone else is about to lie, I have
Katerina
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This is probably my least favourite Jana Aston book which, in short means it's still better than half the crap that's published out there. #fact. And she's one of the few authors who's acknowledgements I bother to read!

Violet - 26 - participates in her first ever one night stand with a Brit, Jennings - 36 - calling herself "Rose". The morning after she walks away without any regrets, proud and most importantly satisfied. The following day, she covers for her twin sister Daisy who is a travel to
Mysza
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
**** 4,5 stars ****

Jana Aston writes so fine. Whenever I want fun, sexy and swoony, I know I'll never go wrong with her. This one too, pure reading pleasure with a constant smile on your face.

BTW. There's also Times Square by Jana Aston at the end of the book, so you actually get 2 stories here.
Alex ♈
Shallow female character.
He wasn't any better.
Safe though.
Carol
4.5 stars.
It seems to me that it has been a while since Jana Aston put out a new full-length novel and this one was so worth the wait.
I raced through it soaking up all the wonderful "feels" I get from reading a Jana Aston story. Sometimes an author just clicks for you and Jana's writing style has always done that for me. I really love her unique, original storys and her main characters(and secondary ones) always fascinate me.
This author like her novel is a "Sure Thing"for me.

p.s. I forgot to m
Three Chicks
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Review by Lisa Kane

Violet Hayden is at a standstill. She’s lost her boyfriend, her job and her place to live. The boyfriend and the job were a two-for-Violet worked for her boyfriend’s family’s company and when it was sold, she lost the job and the guy. He got offered a position on the other side of the country and he moved like Jagger to take it. Leaving Violet in the dust. Its only by stalking him on social media that she’s found out he quickly got himself a replacement for her. So n
Bindi Boo
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Light, witty, sexy and everything else sweet. Really enjoyed this one!
The heroine had a hard-on for everything British, so naturally when she comes across a sexy British hunk at a bar, a one night stand doesn't seem too daunting. What starts of as a one-night-stand soon turns into a one-night-week..and the rest is history.
Great choice if you are looking for a lighter read. The main characters were absolutely adorable and i adored their banter(and sexy times!)
Jacqueline
Just what I was in the mood for - warm, smutty and witty, I loved this.

I've read everything this author has written and I love the way she writes, I just wish the resolution was a bit more drawn out, the endings always seen a bit rushed to me. This was better but still too fast. Fab read otherwise though.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Can I just say what a refreshing and delightful read this was? Funny in all the right places, sexy when needed. Just balance in a story I simply loved.
Michelle
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oct-2017
I absolutely hate it when I buy a book and then a few days later i see that it's KU!!! Ugh! Makes me just want to cancel my KU!

4.5 Stars
This was really funny! Loved it:))
❤Sana❤
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FIVE STARS! *shouting*

I'm giving this book 5 stars...

Because I can!

Because that's Jana f....king Aston!

Because Rose Violet was a sure thing!

And because Jennings was British!

“Do you know what’s great about British men?

Everything.”

Jana Aston never fails to amaze me with her creativity, banter, good stories and those to die for guys she tortures us with.
Since Wrong, I don't know if I will be able able to see one of her new releases and not one click it.

Sure Thing is everything you hope for in a ro
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

b3ae2e70fe6a81a3f54ba7e9eb1ff0

There is one thing for certain when it comes to reading a Jana Aston’s book and that it’s always a Sure Thing!! Yes, Jana aptly titled this book as it was sassy, funny, sexy, and a total riot. Since this book is a fast read, I won’t say much but if you like British alpha hero and sassy quirky heroines then this book is for you. As always, this book left a big smile on my face.. So are you ready for a Sure Thing read? Then go...one click this
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

4.5 Stars

“Is this real?” I whisper it, meant more for myself than him, but his eyes answer my question; his gaze moves across my face with tenderness before a, “Yes” is pressed onto my lips.

We were a bit late to the Jana Aston party, only sampling her work in the short story, Times Square which we both thoroughly enjoyed. And whilst it may have been a little taste, it was enough to have us swooning big time over her male hero and ensuring we were desperate to read more of her titillating, s
Shayna
Hilarious. Romantic. Sweet. And so so SWOONY! As soon as I finished it, I wanted to experience the PURE JOY of it all over again! I’m a HUGE fan of Jana Aston’s work and I’ve read everything she has  released out into the wild and I’ve got to say, SURE THING is her BEST WORK to date! These characters, Violet and Jennings were so addicting and this hilarious and swoony storyline was amazing and so intriguing! I NEVER wanted it to end.

“Do you know what’s great about British men? Everything.”

Viol
Melanie (mells_view)
4 “I’m a sure thing,” Stars!

A fun read. I think the little twin switch trope is pretty cute, and added and very fun aspect to the story. When will she be exposed? Will she be exposed? Not only that the love story was sweet even if it was quick. I think the characters are written in a way that it’s very believable that they would find love this way. It just works with their personalities.

I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a romcom with a heavy dose of smut. Hot smut at that. This story is li
BookJunkieeee
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jana Aston has gotten remarkably creative with this one. She made the undesirable, desirable. Violet was a fresh of breath air with her odd sayings and quirky behavior. I enjoyed her interaction with Jennings which was filled with uncomfortable but pleasure encounters. I think she does a wonderful job at switching up her characters so that they aren't all the same. Also, executing the ability to present an American and British character without mixing up the too.
Celestine
This was a nice read for a busy week full of distractions. That is another way of saying, "fluff." Hot British guy and "sure thing" Violet/Daisy meet for a one-night-stand that turns into a one week affair that turns into MORE. Insta-love was the theme of the day, but there was enough humor and nice feelings to keep the book going for me. Plus these two scorched the bed sheets. On the downside was the inconsistency of character, light detail, and a too quickly wrapped ending. Cute epilogue, thou ...more
Dilek VT
This book would have been better as a novella because a very simple plot line is stretched so much that it has become an awfully boring and dragging reading experience. It is dull and repetitive. It is also extremely predictable. Although it is only 200 pages long, it is unbearable.

***********************************************

Violet and Jenning's relationship begins as a one-night stand and then, stretches to a week.

Because they started it with some innocent lies, thinking it would be for one
Jean
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny is hard. Either you are or you aren't. It's not something you can practice or learn. Writing funny is even harder. Pulling characters out of the air and putting words in their mouths is never easy and making them funny without being ridiculous or mean-spirited can be a nightmare for a writer.
But that's never the case with Jana Aston. She has a deft hand when it comes to making us laugh while we are falling in love. Reading a Jana Aston book always means a permagrin and ruined panties.
The S
Josiane
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jana Aston is an automatic buy for me to begin with so when this one popped up on my radar I just had to dive in.

It came really close to 5 stars

This story revolves around Violet who just hit a series of unfortunate events in her life. It happens right? She's always been a responsible planner, the quintessential good girl. So what do you do when you've always done everything right and ens up on your sister's cough? You try to pick up a one night stand in hotel bar. Because.. why not?

I absolutely
Jana Aston likes cats, big coffee cups and books about billionaires who deflower virgins. She wrote her debut novel while fielding customer service calls about electrical bills, and she's ever grateful for the fictional gynecologist in Wrong that readers embraced so much she was able to make working in her pajamas a reality. Jana is the author of 4 books, and all of them have appeared on either th ...more

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
“You’re my peanut butter.” “And you’re my jelly.” 1 likes
“My parents will want to stay when the baby comes. Plus my sister and her crew.”

“Ah, yes. I look forward to it.”

If I’ve one complaint about the British, it’s that I’m not always certain when they’re teasing. I side-eye Jennings now as I try to determine if he’s sincere or not. And my sister—well, she does love to mention that Jennings fired her any chance she gets. But she’s teasing. It’s not like she’d have been able to go back anyway.

“Are you taking the piss out of me?” That’s British for sarcasm. Taking the piss. It’s not my favorite of the Britishisms but it doesn’t stop me from using it whenever the opportunity arrives.

“Of course not, love. I’m attempting to get into your knickers.”

“Oh. Well, in that case, carry on.”
0 likes