Start by marking “How the Light Gets In (Cracks Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
How the Light Gets In (Cracks Duet, #2)

How the Light Gets In

(Cracks Duet #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  1,639 Ratings  ·  226 Reviews
He came back to me 16 minutes and 59 seconds into Beethoven’s Symphony no. 7.

We parted amid tragedy, so it seemed poetic. Dylan O’Dea, my childhood sweetheart, had once meant everything to me. Now we were strangers, and honestly, after eleven years I never thought I’d see him again.

I lived in the world of the average, of getting paid by the hour and budgeting to make ends
ebook, 1st edition, 244 pages
Published February 6th 2018 by L.H. Cosway

To ask other readers questions about How the Light Gets In, please sign up.
Haidoulina
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“I don’t really want tea,” he murmured.
“What do you want?” I asked shakily.
“You,” he replied.

description

description

The conclusion to the cracks duet continued to hold my heart in its hands. A beautiful story filled with beautiful people and a broken love trying to fix its cracks.

A timeless love story that can be appreciated for different things by different people, give Dylan and Evelyn a chance, they won't disappoint.

____________

the flower doesn't dream of the bee

With more reasons that one, this story remind
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

The way he looked at me was all-consuming. Most people could only dream of being looked at in such a way. And there he was right in front of me, his eyes telling me I could have him if only I was brave enough to reach out and take. He made me weak. He made me want. Every part of me fizzled with the need to feel his touch, to touch him.

HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN picks up eleven years after where the first installment ends. YES. ELEVEN YEARS!! I ma
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Beautiful ending, hated the wasted time. 11 years — yes that’s right, 11 years Dylan went without having his Ev. That was hard for me but.....

However, I was able to fall in love with Dylan O’Dea again, and this time it was just as beautiful. Watching Dylan and Ev fall in love again, or more or less reconnect and get to know each other in this new life, was breathtaking. Dylan was every bit of wonderful and even more charming in this edition of the duet. Evelyn on the other hand has gone through
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

"There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in." - Leonard Cohen

Eleven years after Evelyn let Dylan go she still hasn't found equilibrium. The heartbreaking event in her teenage years has hardened her, gone is the sunny girl who could light up the room with her personality. In her stead we find a closed off, world-weary Evelyn. Until coincidence brings Dylan back into her life. Both of them now in New York, they fumble to fuse the broken string
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN: Is the second instalment of the (Cracks Duet) by L.H. Cosway. This is a continuation of Evelyn's and Dylan's story. A second chance romance.

This jumps drastically eleven years after 'A crack in everything', Dylan and Evelyn are no longer young teenagers. She's only briefly seen him when he was twenty two during a stop over, now he's thirty and conquered all his dreams he'd set out to accomplish
Olga therebelreader

This novel was just such a light, breezy, charming read. Reading it was an infinitely relaxing experience. It was filled with cuteness and people who like sweet, fluffy romantic books will adore this book. It shouldn't take you long to read. I love L.H. Cosway writing style and can't wait to read even more of her books! I gave this book 3.5~4 stars because I genuinely enjoyed it and would recommend. It didn't get 5 stars due to lack of effective plot twists and how it dragged on for mos
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

I really enjoyed this duet by LH Cosway and will be sitting here waiting for her to publish more books as soon as humanly possible!!!

This duet wrecked me and for that, I cannot put any coherent words together. Instead I shall give you all a gif casting and the assurances that you need to read these books!

Evelyn:

Dylan:

My reviewer laziness has hit an all time high!!!! But for reals, read this book.

copy was won in the facebook group The Blissful Bookies. Thank you to LH Cosway for my gif
L.H. Cosway
Sep 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

How the Light Gets In is LIVE on all platforms!

AMAZON UK #1: http://amzn.to/2kgRDnn

Goodreads #2: http://bit.ly/2xEI5W1

Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 This is EVERYTHING Stars

How the Light Gets In is the second book to the Cracks Duet series.

Gah, I can’t tell you how much I loved this book and this series. I’m always nervous going into the second book of a duet series because you never know how it’s going to turn out. Will the book be boring? Will the couple be separated for long? How will the author write a full second book to continue the story?

Well, L.H. Cosway surpassed my expectations and more. If you think you loved Dylan, you will fa
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I’m ninety-nine percent convinced all Americans think Irish people talk like Leprechauns.

I felt so small. Why did you bump into old flames when you looked your absolute worst? It was one of God’s twisted celestial algorithms that made it happen to everyone at least once in their lives.

I was one of those people who were all, spa days are for spoiled housewives. But then as soon as someone said they’re paying, I was already in a bathrobe, cucumber slices on each eye, while a lady d
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was okay. I was hoping that I'd feel more for the characters in this book, but sadly I didn't. I never fully connected to them, and because of that I don't think that I connected to their connection to each other either. I think the overall premise of the duet was good, but I felt like there were times that other subjects/characters were focused on too much and it made it even harder to connect to the mcs. I also felt like after the second book being about them findi
Bev
Let me just say that I absolutely adore Dylan. Adore him! He's everything I want to read in a hero - charming, considerate, patient, understanding and loved Evelyn with his whole heart. And therein lies my problem with this duet because she pushed him away and hurt him over and over. She's insecure and took those insecurities out on the man that would have gotten her the moon had she asked for it. She showed little to no character growth over the two books, in fact I think she regressed!

I also w
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book starts 11 years after A Crack in Everything. Dylan and Evelyn are know adults and it was wonderful to see how much they’ve changed and evolved.

I loved Dylan in this book. He loves Ev so so much, he would give his world for her. Evelyn on the other hand bothered me a little, she loves Dylan but takes so long to accept that they can finally be together. Dylan’s so good to her but she doesn’t feel worthy of him. I know she’s been through a great loss, but so has Dylan. They’ve already lo
Claire Robinson
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Some things are hard to let go of..." Stars!

Review to follow.

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 BEAUTIFUL STARS

OMG I have no words , this was definitely an epic love!Such a compelling story!For me this duet was unforgettable!I will definitely re-read it!REVIEW TO COME SOON <3

Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: How the Light Gets In
Series: Cracks Duet #2
Author: L.H. Cosway
Release date: February 6, 2018
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

“It’s always been you. It only ever will be.”

A Crack in Everything revolved around discovery and tragedy, and in the conclusion we're given reconciliation and healing. If that one devastating event had never happened, Evelyn and Dylan were already destined to take a different path in life. He was going to take the world by storm, and she was dete
Claire Robinson
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Some things are hard to let go of..." Stars!

L. H. Cosway delivers for me some of her best writing with the Cracks Duet. This review is for both books, because although they are broken into two, I basically read them in one go and the words in my head cover them both, so as such A Crack in Everything and How The Light Gets In are both covered in my below musings.

It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of this authors contemporary work, she manages to take the simple and turn it into something sp
Dali
Happy book birthday!!

How the Light Gets In, is the conclusion of Evelyn and Dylan’s story which began with sweet passion and ended with tragedy and heartbreak inA Crack in the Ligh.

This time out, Cosway has crafted a delicious reunion over a decade later in which a now successful Dylan must show Evelyn the light and beauty of life and that their love is destined to conquer time and space.

With Ev and Dylan’s return Cosway skillfully weaves in a romantic subplot with Conor, Dylan’s best friend a
Jemima
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

PSX_20180206_173736

Title: How The Light gets In (Cracks Duet #2)
Author: L.H. Cosway
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: February 6, 2018

ARC

This review is based on the combination of the two books in Cracks Duet series.

I loved these two books. It was such an unexpectedly beautiful, heartbreaking, sweet series.
Dylan and Evelyn's relationship is so beautiful, a relationship based on friendship. This installation is emotional and filled with angst.
Simply put, The Cracks Duet has been such a thoughtful, soul
Paige
4.5 “Timeless” Stars

So much sweetness. Huge, big smiling sweetest. LH Cosway’s duet is a wonderfully depiction of true love and everlasting connection.

Eleven years after the end of book 1, Dylan and Evelyn have switched roles. Dylan moved on and made a life for himself. Evelyn did not. But finally feeling the ability to move forward, she relocated to New York and moves in with her aunt. Out of the clear blue sky, she reconnects with her long lost first love. But everything is different. Evelyn
ari.
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yes yes yes! OMG this book was just the perfect conclusion after A Crack in Everything!

Full review to come.
FMABookReviews
This series was everything. EVERYTHING! I absolutely adored it! 'The Cracks Duet' was a swoon-worthy romance that made my heart explode!

I am speechless! I thought the first book in this series, 'A Crack in Everything', was phenomenal, but 'How the Light Gets In' was extraordinary! Really, L.H. Cosway, I bow to you!

The second book takes place eleven years after the first ends. WHAT, You ask? No fear, my friends, this time jump is perfect!

Now adults, our amazing cast of characters have transitione
Dee Montoya
4 Bright Stars****

This book is the second part of The Cracks Duet. It was a sweet and beautiful conclusion to a truly captivating story.

These two best friends and lovers were never able to get over each other, and now ten years later, little by little the old cracks of the heart will finally fill up, so love can flourish once again.

4_ED7_DAFF_102_D_4850_887_F_92_D11_A284814
hosting image

Evelyn stayed behind in the horrible town that took away all the beautiful parts of her life. Dylan left in hopes to one day come back and take his pr
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

IMO, this book was so much different than the first one and that's blaringly obvious when we find out that ELEVEN years have passed! Our little Dylan and Evelyn are all grown up!

Evelyn has moved to New York to be with her Aunt Yvonne and everything is going great until her Aunt invites Dylan to dinner. Evelyn is flabbergasted and totally doesn't know what to do so she bails. Thankfully, Dylan is not one to give up.

And pursue her he does. It was really funny (and a little sad) how obliviou
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
4.5 ★'s

Complete swoon-fest, I absolutely loved this Duet!
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

41e64340a9268d04ed71c3ded8498c

My god this book owned me and slayed me beyond words. IT WAS EVERYTHING!!! LH Cosway has truly written one of the most unforgettable epic love story that I have read in 2018. The characters, the prose, the story, and the raw emotions was just magnificently put together. Everything flowed in such a palpable manner. And of course Dylan and Evelyn gave me the feels. So are you ready to have your heart break and slowly pieced back together, then
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
The conclusion of Evelyn and Dylan's love story. This was a love that survived time and distance and overcame tragedy to get a second chance at happiness.

This book picks up 11 years after the end of the first book when Dylan and Evelyn get separated. They meet again when Evelyn moves to New York to live with her aunt Yvonne after her grandmother passes away. Evely and Dylan seem to have swapped their view of the world compared to when they were teenagers. Evelyn appears to be the pessimistic one
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Spoiler Free Review for Duet!

‘The best memories live on forever in our hearts.’

The Cracks Duet reminded us why we adore L H Cosway so much. The way this author can bring such warmth, sincerity and relatability to her stories, we feel at one with the pain, the joy, the quirkiness of the characters, not to mention the beautiful soul searing romance that was at the forefront of this story, oh yes, we once again found ourselves falling in love with everything about this authors words.

‘He kiss
Jeannine Allison
*** Spoilers from A Crack in Everything are present ***

This duet is perfection!! 😍 From the characters to the storyline to the writing, everything was absolutely amazing. I wouldn't change anything! I'm going to repeat a bit of what I said in my review of A Crack in Everything, because it still holds true. Some reasons I love this author:

- She takes everyday stories and seemingly average characters, and makes them feel magical. I love the simplicity of her stories. Because the feelings behind th
Beneath The Covers Blog
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List:

Cracks Duet (2 books)
  • A Crack in Everything (Cracks Duet, #1)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
“There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” 7 likes