Start by marking “A Crack in Everything (Cracks Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Crack in Everything (Cracks Duet, #1)

A Crack in Everything

(Cracks Duet #1)

Life used to be simple.

I was a city girl with humble dreams. Then Dylan O’Dea broke into my flat, held me against the wall and told me to stay quiet.
It was like in the movies, where the universe zeros in on a single scene. I looked into his eyes and knew he was going to change me.

For Dylan, the sky was always falling. He showed me how our world is a contradiction of beauty
Paperback, 1st edition, 260 pages
Published January 13th 2018 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about A Crack in Everything, please sign up.
Hazel You won't be a heartbroken zombie the next day but you know the cool breaks, when you feel everything will be all right. Although there is a second pa…moreYou won't be a heartbroken zombie the next day but you know the cool breaks, when you feel everything will be all right. Although there is a second part of the story so maybe hang in there for a couple of days and read them together just to guarantee it.
( This is the worst answer ever. Sorry.)(less)

Start your review of A Crack in Everything (Cracks Duet, #1)
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰

I'm a goner...

Time to bring out the metaphorical vacuum cleaner and clean up the house, because my heart has shattered all over the damn place.

If you could just look around and see if any of my other vital organs are around you, that would be great, thanks. Because as of now, I can't breathe, I can't feel, I can't even begin to put my feelings into words. But, I'm going to try.

“I’ll mis
KAS
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Am Amazed By The Crack Left In Me!!

I went into this totally blind, also never having read this author before. I was solely relying on GR friends I trust for an awesome romance. All those 5 star ratings tempted me. I can tell you my trust was well placed.

It is certainly a fabulous romantic read, but what surprised me is how beautiful this story is!

It is also a YA read rarely experienced, and filled to the brim with characters who are actually intellectual, thoughtful and mindful.

Here is my brie
Penny Reid
What a lovely story. Just... lovely.

Some of my favorite lines:

"It was doing things to me. *Things* I tell you."

"Never mind butterflies, there was a flock of sparrows i my chest, beating their persistent wings."

"I felt like some Victorian-era gentleman, who got a stiffy from the sight of a bare ankle."

"It'll save me the broken heart"

"People who think they're happy aren't thinking hard enough."

"Who made you?"

"His mouth was like drinking a whole bottle of vodka. You blac
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

The way he spoke made me feel a sense of urgency, like I was watching a person race somewhere far beyond the horizon. I could try to follow, but I’d never be fast enough. Maybe that was the allure of Dylan O’Dea. He wasn’t meant for a place like this, and he wouldn’t be here long. I could feel it in my bones.

The ”Cracks Duet” is a tale of first loves, loss, and second chances. As always L.H. Cosway has created a story that reeled me in and he
L.H. Cosway
Sep 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

'A Crack in Everything' is LIVE on all platforms :-D

You can pre-order 'A Crack in Everything' and 'How the Light Gets In' for just $2.99 each on all platforms! The price will be raised to $3.99 upon release!

** Pre-Order Links **

iBooks #1: http://apple.co/2Bo31VG
iBooks #2: http://apple.co/2AENbq1

KOBO #1: http://bit.ly/2CfozBj
KOBO #2: http://bit.ly/2AY52
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE Amazon: http://amzn.to/2DvxZc5

5 Unique Stars <3

"Because I can only see my dreams clearly when I look through you first."

I’m speechless wow I have no words!Let me just tell you that I loved this book so much!It was heartbreaking,sweet,romantic, intense,passionate and emotional.A Crack in Everything was a compelling and original story!

description

"and my mind raced, thinking of him noticing me before I ever really noticed him."

It was an epic love.Dylan and Evelyn will take you to an emotional roller coa
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A CRACK IN EVERYTHING: Is the first book in the (CRACKS DUET #1) contemporary romance series by L.H. Cosway. In this we meet Seventeen year old Evelyn Flynn and eighteen year old Dylan O’Drea.

This kick starts off in the year 2006: You couldn’t really say that Evelyn and Dylan were friends, they knew the other existed but they had never spoken a word to the other before..

UNTIL NOW.

So when he’s banging on her apartment door frantically which she shares with her Aunty, seeking c
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars

"You're sunshine, Evelyn, and there's nothing but clouds around here."

I'M NOT CRYING. THERE'S JUST WATER LEAKING OUT OF MY FACE.

Boy am I glad I waited to read this book until part 2 is out. I'm gonna try and squeeze in a semi-comprehensible review here but it's probably just gonna be me screaming all over the place.

Evelyn is a teen living in a bad part of Dublin. One day when he's running away from a gang, Dylan rushes into Evelyn's apartment for a place to hide. From then on the
Jeannine Allison
* THE BEST BOOK EVER IS FREE!!!! *

10 stars!!!! (Second Read 10/12/2018)

10 stars!!!! (First Read 1/16/2018)

How I feel when I start a L.H. Cosway novel:

description

Every. Single. Time. There are so many things I love about Cosway and her novels:

- She takes everyday stories and seemingly average characters, and makes them feel magical. I love the simplicity of her stories. Because the feelings behind them are never simple.
- The girls aren't catty. There is still a normal amount of jealousy and teenage dram
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I don’t ugly cry over books too often. Nope. But holy shit, this book tore me up.

Every once in awhile real life rears it ugly head and makes it known that, in fact, we are not in control of our paths. Life can be ugly, it can be down right awful, but in real life, we pick up and move on. Right???

This book completely takes hold of you and brings you along a path of building and losing that once in a lifetime love. Dylan & Evelyn find themselves embracing their love for one another. They live in
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 My Heart Stars

The things I love about A Crack in Everything

ONE: The Cover
TWO: The author
THREE: The storyline
FOUR: the Characters
FIVE: the pacing, tension, flow and dialogue of the story

I loved everything about this book. I would say my most favorite thing about A Crack in Everything is the dialogue. It’s a heavily based dialogue book and I love that the author lets the character play out the story, rather than a descriptive book telling me the story. It’s just a preference of reading style and
Nazanin
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

Well, these characters were so mature for their age! I know a seventeen or eighteen years old person is almost an adult but not that much grown up! They made me like a petulant/moody child at that age! Okay, I expected a bit angst in this story, at least towards its ending! With all the things that happened they still chose the best decision, even though that made my heart break! I liked their goodbye be more emotional, a bit angsty and heartbreaking! But my issues aside, the story is
Olga therebelreader
A Crack in Everything is a wonderfully solid, emotional novel by a highly talented author.
L.H. Cosway writes her characters with assured realness. It was not my typical genre that I read (YA romance), so for me to like it as much as I did was quite brilliant.
The plot was absorbing and uniquely crafted.
I liked Evelyn’s relationship with her aunt.
I liked Dylan who appeared more mature than his age.
I, also, liked how this book talked about bullying, its consequences and the impact of sexual ide
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
“Then I’ll see you in the after”

I loved this book. Another winner from L.H. Cosway. I couldn’t put this book down.

Dylan and Evelyn are soul mates, they understand and love each other unconditionally, but their timing is off. They are young (18 and 17 respectively) but this doesn’t mean they don’t love fearlessly. Dylan is a pessimist (some may call him a realist) and Evelyn is an optimist (some may say a dreamer) and that’s why they are so perfect for each other. They each bring different view
Dee Montoya
FIVE STARS *****

Another beautiful masterpiece by L.H Cosway. Like every other story that I’ve ever read by this author, A Crack In Everything took hold of my heart from the very beginning. The beautiful characters, specially Sam, made an everlasting impression on me. Outstanding read!!!

67248_B95_483_D_422_F_B4_DA_6522_BFE58672

A beautiful friendship that ends in tragedy, another friendship that turns into love. Pain and heartache can change your future in only one minute. And the only memory of that love can be the beautiful smell o
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

I enjoy L.H. Cosway's stories and when I heard this one was angsty I just had to give it a go. Doesn't hurt that the next and final book is coming out so quickly, (ie TODAY!).

Dylan and Evelyn live in a rundown apartment complex in Dublin. Dylan sees the negative side and Evelyn mainly sees the positive but they are still drawn to each other in a way that's hard to explain, or maybe not.

They h
NMmomof4
3.25 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a little bit better than "just okay" for me. I don't think I ever fully connected to the characters themselves (even the very present side characters) and that made it hard for me to tap into my emotions like I was hoping this duet would. I'm still hoping I'll feel more in the conclusion, How the Light Gets In 🤞🏻

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Evelyn and Dylan's story. They've known of each other, but meet when Dylan barges in her apartment for sanct
Claire Robinson
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "Pain has a way of making you see things clearly..." Stars!

L. H. Cosway delivers for me some of her best writing with the Cracks Duet. This review is for both books, because although they are broken into two, I basically read them in one go and the words in my head cover them both, so as such A Crack in Everything and How The Light Gets In are both covered in my below musings.

It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of this authors contemporary work, she manages to take the simple and turn it i
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: A Crack in Everything
Series: Cracks Duet #1
Author: L.H. Cosway
Release date: January 30, 2018
Cliffhanger: Yes
HEA(view spoiler)

A Crack in Everything is a book that will reach inside of your chest, give your heart a squeeze, and leave you breathless. It's a fresh and original coming of age story about two teens on the cusp of adulthood. Ev and Dylan navigate through their first love together while exploring their sexuality, their hopes for the future, and a devastati
FMABookReviews
❝Dylan?❞ I whispered. ❝Yes?❞ he replied, turning to face me. ❝Tell me about your dreams.❞
Heartwrenching and addicting, the first book in the Cracks Duet, 'A Crack in Everything', packed an emotional punch!

A group of quirky teens living in a poor neighborhood in inner-city Dublin called St. Mary's Villas, develops a close friendship as they navigate their way through the rough streets of their neighborhood, come to terms with the realization of the importance of family, and face an u
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
"...I can only see my dreams clearly when I look through you first."

A highly emotional and gut wrenchingly beautiful story!

Dylan and Evelyn live in a poverty stricken are in inner city Dublin. Dylan has big dreams to escape to a better life while Evelyn has sort of accepted her lot in life. She is an optimist at heart and tries to see the good in everything and everyone. Dylan is the complete opposite and they kind of complement each other. The growing romance between these two was s
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
I started "A Crack In Everything" feeling exceptionally hopeful. I hadn't read much lately and I figured fate was throwing me a hand because finally, finally I could take a breather and read something for me.
So I started this duet I had requested an Arc for, feeling every bit curious and intrigued. The covers have this enigmatic feel to them, coupled to a blurb promising second chance at love, I decided fate was really sending me a message and so I started to read with eager hopefulness and anti
Ramona Popescu
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
L.H.Cosway is one of my favorite authors and every book from her is a joy to read. “The Hearts” series is definitely one of my favorites and I hope she will have inspiration to write similar books for 100 years from now on, because her stories are addictive and passionate.

Besides from the beautiful and amazing purple cover, “A Crack in Everything” is so much more than a high-school story. It runs deeper than any story I have ever read, because it is smart, genuine and different. I had my fare sh
DJ Sakata
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

I loved Sam and all, but instead of avoiding elephants in rooms he tended to grab them by the tusks.

I was wondering whether you think everyone is redeemable?… I’ll give you the serial killer and the rapists, but what about people who are just sort of arseholes? Do you think they can ever become less . . . arsehole-y?

Granny Kennedy was terribly talkative on her deathbed. I think that’s final wish number eleven we’re at now, if we count brushing my teeth every night and saving myse
Yodamom
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My heart is broken into little tiny bits, smashed to powder, blown away into the wind. There are so many emotional moments in this book, it was such a delight. The characters, god I loved them, were so misunderstood, vulnerable, honest and hidden. Reading their stories made me want everyone to make a better future for themselves, not all of them make it. I had tears, real big sloppy wet tears, and maybe a few unattractive snorts. No, I'm not telling you about the story if you know LH Cosway, tru ...more
Lady Heather
"5 - Your My One True Love Stars"

Title: A Crack In Everything and How The Light Gets In (Cracks Duet)
Age Group: Adult
Release Date: January 30, 2018

photo LHCCrackinEverythingCover6x9_HIGH.jpg

A Crack In Everything: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

A Crack in Everything

Synopsis

Life used to be simple.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

5 Star Spoiler Free Review for Duet!

‘The best memories live on forever in our hearts.’

The Cracks Duet reminded us why we adore L H Cosway so much. The way this author can bring such warmth, sincerity and relatability to her stories, we feel at one with the pain, the joy, the quirkiness of the characters, not to mention the beautiful soul searing romance that was at the forefront of this story, oh yes, we once again found ourselves falling in love with everything about this authors words.

‘He kis
Eliza
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, jan-2018

★4.5 STARS★

St Mary’s Villas is not the place for big dreams. Housed in the inner city of Dublin, the block of flats is fanciful in name only. The inhabitants can hope for a modest life at best, as their environment dictates reaching for more is unobtainable.

At seventeen Evelyn Flynn has already accepted this fate. She has lived with her loving Aunt since her flighty mother absconded to London, but as well as her aunt she has a grandmother and best friend whom she adores. She had always been un
Bev
A sweet YA romance that I really liked, though I do have a couple of issues. I'm not a fan of the martyr trope, and Evelyn is just all that. I'm also not a fan of duets, this is definitely one of those duets that should have been a one and one book, so why the need for the second book? No clue.

I thought this was light on the angst (either that or I'm really getting jaded in my old age), I went in expecting a lot more angst.

That said, I adored Dylan, every young girl needs a Dylan of their own an

• An Ocean Between Us (Between Us, #1)
  • Beat it up
  • Schattenblick (Midnight Chronicles #1)
  • In Harmony
  • A single word: Roman (L.O.V.E. 2)
  • Lovely Mistake (Bedford-Reihe, #2)
  • A single night: Roman (L.O.V.E. 1)
  • When We Fall (LOVE NXT #2)
  • Dirty Halo (The Forbidden Royals Trilogy, #1)
  • It was Always You (Blakely Brüder, #1)
  • Love is Loud - Ich höre nur dich (Love is #1)
  • Stolen: Verwoben in Liebe
  • OFF LIMITS - WENN ICH VON DIR TRÄUME
  • Always in Love (Weston-High-Reihe #3)
  • Cursed Love: Roman
  • Forever Free - San Teresa University (Forever #1)
  • Töchter der Freiheit
  • Für eine Nacht sind wir unendlich
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List:

Cracks Duet (2 books)
  • How the Light Gets In (Cracks Duet, #2)

News & Interviews

“This isn’t the end for us. I promise. This is just the in-between. I’ll find you in the after.” 6 likes
“You've been mine since the beginning of time.” 4 likes