Start by marking “A Crack in Everything (Cracks Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Crack in Everything (Cracks Duet, #1)

A Crack in Everything

(Cracks Duet #1)

Life used to be simple.

I was a city girl with humble dreams. Then Dylan O’Dea broke into my flat, held me against the wall and told me to stay quiet.
It was like in the movies, where the universe zeros in on a single scene. I looked into his eyes and knew he was going to change me.

For Dylan, the sky was always falling. He showed me how our world is a contradiction of beauty
Paperback, 1st edition, 260 pages
Published January 13th 2018 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about A Crack in Everything, please sign up.
Hazel You won't be a heartbroken zombie the next day but you know the cool breaks, when you feel everything will be all right. Although there is a second…moreYou won't be a heartbroken zombie the next day but you know the cool breaks, when you feel everything will be all right. Although there is a second part of the story so maybe hang in there for a couple of days and read them together just to guarantee it.
( This is the worst answer ever. Sorry.)(less)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰

I'm a goner...

Time to bring out the metaphorical vacuum cleaner and clean up the house, because my heart has shattered all over the damn place.

If you could just look around and see if any of my other vital organs are around you, that would be great, thanks. Because as of now, I can't breathe, I can't feel, I can't even begin to put my feelings into words. But, I'm going to try.

“I’ll miss you,” h
KAS
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Am Amazed By The Crack Left In Me!!

I went into this totally blind, also never having read this author before. I was solely relying on GR friends I trust for an awesome romance. All those 5 star ratings tempted me. I can tell you my trust was well placed.

It is certainly a fabulous romantic read, but what surprised me is how beautiful this story is!

It is also a YA read rarely experienced, and filled to the brim with characters who are actually intellectual, thoughtful and mindful.

Here is my brie
Penny Reid
What a lovely story. Just... lovely.

Some of my favorite lines:

"It was doing things to me. *Things* I tell you."

"Never mind butterflies, there was a flock of sparrows i my chest, beating their persistent wings."

"I felt like some Victorian-era gentleman, who got a stiffy from the sight of a bare ankle."

"It'll save me the broken heart"

"People who think they're happy aren't thinking hard enough."

"Who made you?"

"His mouth was like drinking a whole bottle of vodka. You blacked out, but y
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

The way he spoke made me feel a sense of urgency, like I was watching a person race somewhere far beyond the horizon. I could try to follow, but I’d never be fast enough. Maybe that was the allure of Dylan O’Dea. He wasn’t meant for a place like this, and he wouldn’t be here long. I could feel it in my bones.

The ”Cracks Duet” is a tale of first loves, loss, and second chances. As always L.H. Cosway has created a story that reeled me in and he
L.H. Cosway
Sep 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

'A Crack in Everything' is LIVE on all platforms :-D

You can pre-order 'A Crack in Everything' and 'How the Light Gets In' for just $2.99 each on all platforms! The price will be raised to $3.99 upon release!

** Pre-Order Links **

iBooks #1: http://apple.co/2Bo31VG
iBooks #2: http://apple.co/2AENbq1

KOBO #1: http://bit.ly/2CfozBj
KOBO #2: http://bit.ly/2AY52
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE Amazon: http://amzn.to/2DvxZc5

5 Unique Stars <3

"Because I can only see my dreams clearly when I look through you first."

I’m speechless wow I have no words!Let me just tell you that I loved this book so much!It was heartbreaking,sweet,romantic, intense,passionate and emotional.A Crack in Everything was a compelling and original story!

description

"and my mind raced, thinking of him noticing me before I ever really noticed him."

It was an epic love.Dylan and Evelyn will take you to an emotional roller
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A CRACK IN EVERYTHING: Is the first book in the (CRACKS DUET #1) contemporary romance series by L.H. Cosway. In this we meet Seventeen year old Evelyn Flynn and eighteen year old Dylan O’Drea.

This kick starts off in the year 2006: You couldn’t really say that Evelyn and Dylan were friends, they knew the other existed but they had never spoken a word to the other before..

UNTIL NOW.

So when he’s banging on her apartment door frantically which she shares with her Aunty, seeking cover from th
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Dreaming big is the only way to get away from the harsh reality of living in a neighborhood in Dublin, where bleakness and gang violence rule the daily life of their inhabitants. It's what Dylan does - he is determined to leave this part of his life behind.

Evelyn doesn't have aspirations like that - her mom had her when she was 15, pretty much the average age for girls to get pregnant in that quarter of Dublin. Her aunt, a very young woman with hopes and dreams
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars

"You're sunshine, Evelyn, and there's nothing but clouds around here."

I'M NOT CRYING. THERE'S JUST WATER LEAKING OUT OF MY FACE.

Boy am I glad I waited to read this book until part 2 is out. I'm gonna try and squeeze in a semi-comprehensible review here but it's probably just gonna be me screaming all over the place.

Evelyn is a teen living in a bad part of Dublin. One day when he's running away from a gang, Dylan rushes into Evelyn's apartment for a place to hide. From then on the
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I don’t ugly cry over books too often. Nope. But holy shit, this book tore me up.

Every once in awhile real life rears it ugly head and makes it known that, in fact, we are not in control of our paths. Life can be ugly, it can be down right awful, but in real life, we pick up and move on. Right???

This book completely takes hold of you and brings you along a path of building and losing that once in a lifetime love. Dylan & Evelyn find themselves embracing their love for one another. They live
Jeannine Allison
10 stars!!!! (Second Read 10/12/2018)

10 stars!!!! (First Read 1/16/2018)

How I feel when I start a L.H. Cosway novel:

description

Every. Single. Time. There are so many things I love about Cosway and her novels:

- She takes everyday stories and seemingly average characters, and makes them feel magical. I love the simplicity of her stories. Because the feelings behind them are never simple.
- The girls aren't catty. There is still a normal amount of jealousy and teenage drama, but it's not OTT or unbelievable.
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 My Heart Stars

The things I love about A Crack in Everything

ONE: The Cover
TWO: The author
THREE: The storyline
FOUR: the Characters
FIVE: the pacing, tension, flow and dialogue of the story

I loved everything about this book. I would say my most favorite thing about A Crack in Everything is the dialogue. It’s a heavily based dialogue book and I love that the author lets the character play out the story, rather than a descriptive book telling me the story. It’s just a preference of reading style and
Nazanin
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

Well, these characters were so mature for their age! I know a seventeen or eighteen years old person is almost an adult but not that much grown up! They made me like a petulant/moody child at that age! Okay, I expected a bit angst in this story, at least towards its ending! With all the things that happened they still chose the best decision, even though that made my heart break! I liked their goodbye be more emotional, a bit angsty and heartbreaking! But my issues aside, the story is
Paige
5 “Cracked” Stars

Oh my broken and bleeding heart. LH Cosway at her best. The young adult book hooked me in a way that very few adult romances have lately. I didn’t even realize I was reading about characters so young because their world wasn’t easy and Ms. Cosway portrayed them in such a light that it was impossible not to become completly absorbed.

Evelyn is optimistic for living a life that isn’t exactly living it up. Dylan is the complete opposite. Everything is falling down around him. And y
Olga therebelreader
A Crack in Everything is a wonderfully solid, emotional novel by a highly talented author.
L.H. Cosway writes her characters with assured realness. It was not my typical genre that I read (YA romance), so for me to like it as much as I did was quite brilliant.
The plot was absorbing and uniquely crafted.
I liked Evelyn’s relationship with her aunt.
I liked Dylan who appeared more mature than his age.
I, also, liked how this book talked about bullying, its consequences and the impact of sexual ide
Dee Montoya
FIVE STARS *****

Another beautiful masterpiece by L.H Cosway. Like every other story that I’ve ever read by this author, A Crack In Everything took hold of my heart from the very beginning. The beautiful characters, specially Sam, made an everlasting impression on me. Outstanding read!!!

67248_B95_483_D_422_F_B4_DA_6522_BFE58672

A beautiful friendship that ends in tragedy, another friendship that turns into love. Pain and heartache can change your future in only one minute. And the only memory of that love can be the beautiful smell of a
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
“Then I’ll see you in the after”

I loved this book. Another winner from L.H. Cosway. I couldn’t put this book down.

Dylan and Evelyn are soul mates, they understand and love each other unconditionally, but their timing is off. They are young (18 and 17 respectively) but this doesn’t mean they don’t love fearlessly. Dylan is a pessimist (some may call him a realist) and Evelyn is an optimist (some may say a dreamer) and that’s why they are so perfect for each other. They each bring different view
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

I enjoy L.H. Cosway's stories and when I heard this one was angsty I just had to give it a go. Doesn't hurt that the next and final book is coming out so quickly, (ie TODAY!).

Dylan and Evelyn live in a rundown apartment complex in Dublin. Dylan sees the negative side and Evelyn mainly sees the positive but they are still drawn to each other in a way that's hard to explain, or maybe not.

They h
Claire Robinson
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "Pain has a way of making you see things clearly..." Stars!

L. H. Cosway delivers for me some of her best writing with the Cracks Duet. This review is for both books, because although they are broken into two, I basically read them in one go and the words in my head cover them both, so as such A Crack in Everything and How The Light Gets In are both covered in my below musings.

It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of this authors contemporary work, she manages to take the simple and turn it i
NMmomof4
3.25 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a little bit better than "just okay" for me. I don't think I ever fully connected to the characters themselves (even the very present side characters) and that made it hard for me to tap into my emotions like I was hoping this duet would. I'm still hoping I'll feel more in the conclusion, How the Light Gets In 🤞🏻

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Evelyn and Dylan's story. They've known of each other, but meet when Dylan barges in her apartment for sanct
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: A Crack in Everything
Series: Cracks Duet #1
Author: L.H. Cosway
Release date: January 30, 2018
Cliffhanger: Yes
HEA(view spoiler)

A Crack in Everything is a book that will reach inside of your chest, give your heart a squeeze, and leave you breathless. It's a fresh and original coming of age story about two teens on the cusp of adulthood. Ev and Dylan navigate through their first love together while exploring their sexuality, their hopes for the future, and a devastati
FMABookReviews
❝Dylan?❞ I whispered. ❝Yes?❞ he replied, turning to face me. ❝Tell me about your dreams.❞
Heartwrenching and addicting, the first book in the Cracks Duet, 'A Crack in Everything', packed an emotional punch!

A group of quirky teens living in a poor neighborhood in inner-city Dublin called St. Mary's Villas, develops a close friendship as they navigate their way through the rough streets of their neighborhood, come to terms with the realization of the importance of family, and face an unthinkab
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
"...I can only see my dreams clearly when I look through you first."

A highly emotional and gut wrenchingly beautiful story!

Dylan and Evelyn live in a poverty stricken are in inner city Dublin. Dylan has big dreams to escape to a better life while Evelyn has sort of accepted her lot in life. She is an optimist at heart and tries to see the good in everything and everyone. Dylan is the complete opposite and they kind of complement each other. The growing romance between these two was so sweet.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
I started "A Crack In Everything" feeling exceptionally hopeful. I hadn't read much lately and I figured fate was throwing me a hand because finally, finally I could take a breather and read something for me.
So I started this duet I had requested an Arc for, feeling every bit curious and intrigued. The covers have this enigmatic feel to them, coupled to a blurb promising second chance at love, I decided fate was really sending me a message and so I started to read with eager hopefulness and anti
Ramona
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
L.H.Cosway is one of my favorite authors and every book from her is a joy to read. “The Hearts” series is definitely one of my favorites and I hope she will have inspiration to write similar books for 100 years from now on, because her stories are addictive and passionate.

Besides from the beautiful and amazing purple cover, “A Crack in Everything” is so much more than a high-school story. It runs deeper than any story I have ever read, because it is smart, genuine and different. I had my fare sh
Lady Heather
"5 - Your My One True Love Stars"

Title: A Crack In Everything and How The Light Gets In (Cracks Duet)
Age Group: Adult
Release Date: January 30, 2018

photo LHCCrackinEverythingCover6x9_HIGH.jpg

A Crack In Everything: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

A Crack in Everything

Synopsis

Life used to be simple.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

5 Star Spoiler Free Review for Duet!

‘The best memories live on forever in our hearts.’

The Cracks Duet reminded us why we adore L H Cosway so much. The way this author can bring such warmth, sincerity and relatability to her stories, we feel at one with the pain, the joy, the quirkiness of the characters, not to mention the beautiful soul searing romance that was at the forefront of this story, oh yes, we once again found ourselves falling in love with everything about this authors words.

‘He kiss
Eliza
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, jan-2018

★4.5 STARS★

St Mary’s Villas is not the place for big dreams. Housed in the inner city of Dublin, the block of flats is fanciful in name only. The inhabitants can hope for a modest life at best, as their environment dictates reaching for more is unobtainable.

At seventeen Evelyn Flynn has already accepted this fate. She has lived with her loving Aunt since her flighty mother absconded to London, but as well as her aunt she has a grandmother and best friend whom she adores. She had always been un
DJ Sakata
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

I loved Sam and all, but instead of avoiding elephants in rooms he tended to grab them by the tusks.

I was wondering whether you think everyone is redeemable?… I’ll give you the serial killer and the rapists, but what about people who are just sort of arseholes? Do you think they can ever become less . . . arsehole-y?

Granny Kennedy was terribly talkative on her deathbed. I think that’s final wish number eleven we’re at now, if we count brushing my teeth every night and saving myse
  • An Eternity of Eclipse (An Eternity of Eclipse #1)
  • First Impressions (April Loves Black Coffee, #1)
  • The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time, #1)
  • The Chase
  • Slave to the Rhythm (The Rhythm, #1)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Scenes from the Hallway (Knitting in the City, #6.5)
  • My Own Worst Enemy (MOWE, #1)
  • Promise Me Once (Promise Me, #3)
  • Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2)
  • Never Far
  • The Hard Count
  • Fiery Edge of Steel (Noon Onyx, #2)
  • Glass Cage
  • Asylum
  • Behind the Curtain
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List:

Cracks Duet (2 books)
  • How the Light Gets In (Cracks Duet, #2)
“This isn’t the end for us. I promise. This is just the in-between. I’ll find you in the after.” 4 likes
“You can travel to the ends of the earth, but you'll still be you." She tapped the side of my head. "You have to face the challenges in here before you find happiness out there.” 4 likes