Start by marking “The Vatican Children” as Want to Read:
The Vatican Children

The Vatican Children

(World of Shadows #2)

After the events of in Everett Washington, Father Niccolo Paladina decides to assist Arthur in hunting down the Bishop and bringing him to justice for the crimes he has committed. He knows that the Bishop has something big planned against the Church.

Arthur, on the other hand, is hoping to find some redemption for his actions against The Ninth Circle and atone for his mista
Published October 31st 2017 by Lincoln Cole Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Vatican Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vatican Children

Matt
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
The premise of this series by Lincoln Cole left me quite curious, as I enjoy all things related to exorcisms. Those who read my review of the opening book will know that things started off quite well, then took a turn for the worse. With an interesting cliffhanger, I vowed to give the series a little more rope, in hopes that it would tie me in and not hang itself. With the revelation that Bishop Glasser has been summoning demons to inhabit innocent folk, Father Niccolo Paladina is back with suff ...more
N.N. Light
The Vatican Children picks up right where The Everett Exorcism left off. Father Paladina teams up with Arthur Vangeest to hunt down the Bishop to make him pay for what he did back in Washington. Somehow the Bishop escaped their clutches but that could work to Paladina’s and Arthur’s advantage, that is, if they can catch him before he completes his evil plan. What they don’t anticipate is the Bishop’s use of innocent children to enact his plan. Arthur vows to never kill again and his path to rede ...more
Monica Mac
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it
After the amazing book that was the first one in the series, I am afraid I was a bit disappointed with this one.

The Vatican Children were lightly alluded to but this book wasn't really about them, so the title was a bit misleading, perhaps? I truly hope that if there is a next book in the series, the children and their gifts will be written about in much more depth.

I enjoyed the character of Niccolo Paladina in the first book and was happy to see that he was back in this book but he was a prett
Meenaz Lodhi
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought I had read it all, I was so wrong! Just when I think horror had defined itself, more comes around each step taken by Arthur and Paladino. The discovery of the Children of the Vatican is terrifying and mind blowing. Always on the run, a guaranteed edge of the seat thriller, thought provoking on the decisions to take between good and evil. January seems so far away for the next release, The Bishop Legacy!
Claudia
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the series, this one is a pretty awesome read. Mixing action, horror and mystery, this book will keep you awake the whole night, desperate to know what will happen next.

Father Niccolo Paladina is a fantastically written character, but all of them (Arthur, the Bishop) come alive through the magnificent pen of Mr Cole.

A must-read for lovers of supernatural thrillers.
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
As it follows on directly from events in The Everett Exorcism, it is highly recommended that you read part one of this trilogy before moving on to The Vatican Children. Arthur Vangeest and Father Niccolo Paladina are now preparing to confront Bishop Glasser and hopefully thwart his evil plans against the Church.

So far, this story, as with most middle novels in a trilogy, seems to be just setting the scene for the conclusion that will come in the final book, linking parts one and parts three tog
Becky Baldridge
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This second book in The World of Shadows has a somewhat slower build than the first book, but that doesn't make it any less compelling. As Arthur and Niccolo search for the Bishop, they must also learn to trust each other. Niccolo soon finds that his naiveté about the world and the evils that lurk may either be his undoing or push him to lengths he never believed possible, while Arthur learns that his resolve to do things differently may not be so easy to accomplish. The story builds in suspense ...more
Norma
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
"What will go wrong? In my experience... everything."
Following directly on from Lincoln Cole's superbly written book, The Everett Exorcism, this story came not only with all of the major players in place, but also with very high expectations from this reader. Sadly, although still a good read, The Vatican Children failed to reach the powerful tensions of it's predecessor. Perhaps too much was expected.
Characterisation of the two main protagonists, Arthur and Father Niccolo, continues and the fin
Jessica Bronder
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Father Paladina and Arthur Vangeest are on the hunt for the Bishop. After The Everett Exorcism they are trying to get him to make him pay for his actions. They find a connection to the Bishop and learn that he has gathered an army of special children. Both men are going to learn more about themselves as they try to learn more about this world and their part in it.

I loved to see Father Paladina grow and realize how limited his knowledge of the world is. He understands his limits and knows that th
Susan Auton
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good book from Lincoln Cole. The Vatican's Children is the next in the World of Shadows series, following on from the Everett Exorcism. We find Father Paladino teaming up once again with Arthur to hunt down the Bishop of Everett and find out his plans. Arthur has vowed never to kill again and it's interesting to find out if he can maintain this stance but I can't spoil the story by divulging the answer. They track down the Bishop through his acquaintance, who is also known to the Vatican ...more
Janet
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Having read The Everett Exorcism I was looking forward to the second book and I wasn't disappointed. Picking up from where the story ended, the Priest and the Hunter work together to find out what the Bishop has planned. Niccolo and Arthur are both questioning themselves and the effect that they have had on each other is beautifully realised. Their worlds and their beliefs are turned upside down and they find it hard to cope with their new realities while trying to stop Glasser from unleashing a ...more
J.B. Trepagnier
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book picks right up where the Everett Exorcism leaves off. By a few days, really. Niccolo has followed Arthur to track the bishop after he flees Everett.

I felt like this book was more of a character study and world building for something big with the Vatican Children than actually being about the Vatican children. We see one in the flesh, Jeremy, and we learn how Niccolo knew about Hatim in the Raven's Peak series, but I sort of felt like this was a book for Arthur and Niccolo to really str
Lillian Cummings
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will good win over evil or will it be a tie? Can the Hunters stop the bishop in time before the children disappear for good? Arthur has no choice but to try harder at not trying to kill people but that is his trade but he promised and he will do anything to get to keep Abigail and to give her the childhood that she deserves. She is doing so much better but he still worries about her, she is safe with Frieda for now. He has a new case and he has to work with Father Paladina but can he trust the m ...more
Patricia
Interesting

I received this book free from the author through Amazon. This is my honest review.
This book is the second in the World of Shadows series. The first book was much better, in my opinion. This book was too short & should have been combined with the first. There simply were not enough pages, but that is probably why the book was free. So, 2 books free & if you want to finish the series, you're going to spend $4.99 +tax.
The first book was very good & I'm sad to see the write
Ashok
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'The Vatican children' is the sequel to the fantastic ' The Everett Exorcism '. Father Paladina and Arthur Vangeest are hunting for the Bishop, hoping to make him pay for his actions. They learn that the Bishop has gathered an army of special children. The thrills and pace continue, and this is another enjoyable book in the series, difficult to stop in the middle. But it would be better to start with the first book to appreciate some points better.
I have received The Vatican Children for free fo
Jan Funnell
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed reading this second book in the World of Shadows series the story follows on from the Everett Exorcism I enjoyed the story very much but I do object to the fact that neither story was a stand alone in the sense that there was closure at the end each book leads into the next which I'm not too keen on.

I also once again object to the word "shined" being used where "shone" is the more appropriate word. Nevertheless this annoying habit will not stop me from following these stories as a
Pat
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
The Vatican Children is a direct sequel to The Everett Exorcism so read that book first. You won't want to miss any of the references and nuances in this book. Once again Lincoln Cole has given us a page-turner that also raises complex moral questions. Character driven, but with plenty of action, the plot only gives us part of the answers our dynamic (and unlikely) duo are seeking. Highly recommended.
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Tonya Bryant Gillon
I love these books!

I picked up this book after I read the first book of this series and let me tell you. I was so happy I did. Nicolo and Arthur are on the hunt for Bishop Glasses and will go as for a they need to for the children. The story is very fast moving and action packed, you won’t be able to put this book down!
Sabrina Bright
I really enjoyed the first book, however I found the second to be too quick and not enough depth. I'd like to have learned more about the Vatican Children and what they could do. This books seemed rushed and not nearly as well planned as the first. I will finish the series, but I'm not rushing to the final book.
Kety
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book on the series.
A new fantastic story where the priest and the hunter will work together.
The story is deep and will entertainment you until the last page!
You will love book.
If you like paranormal/fantasy/horror, this is the book for you!
I received a free book and this is my voluntary and honest review
Jackie
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Father Niccolo decides to help Arthur find the Bishop knowing that he’s planning something against the Church. Amazing suspense to keep you reading until the end. Another great by this author. Received a free book.
Thomas Ballein
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read.

The author pack's so much into his books mystery horror twist, the characters in the book are full likable and most of all human you can feel the characters Faith fear and hope can't wait to start book 3.
Kathy Floyd
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

Another great book by Lincoln Cole! Hunter Authur and Father Paladina are tracking down the bishop for the crimes he has already committed, and what he is planning to do with the gifted children if they are unable to stop him.
Andrea Stoeckel
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
As a retired minister I did not know whether I liked this or not. Good verses evil? I’m on board. As a lot of us know, Lincoln Cole is a superb writer. This book was intriguingly creepy, and I don’t really DO creepy per se, no matter how well it’s written
Michael Arnold
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very enjoyable book. Think i would have enjoyed even more if I had read the prior book. Great plot. Different from what i was expecting.
Kim Neuharth
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to see what happens next!!
Teresa
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation from book one. It's another wild ride, evil and good go at it again!
Ann Keeran
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lincoln Cole continues the World of Shadows series with The Vatican Children. An excellent read with lots of dark twists and turns.
Sandra Burns
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Second part of the series. The good guys, go after the Bishop, to rescue the children. They find the Bishop and some of the kids.
RayLinStephens
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
... and the excitement continues!

Another great read from Lincoln Cole.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. I wish all my ARC's were this good!
Lincoln Cole

Lincoln Cole is a Columbus based author who enjoys traveling and has visited many different parts of the world, including Australia and Cambodia, but always returns home to his pugamonster puppy, Luther, and family. His love for writing was kindled at an early age through the works of Isaac Asimov and Stephen King and he enjoys telling stories to anyone who will listen.

World of Shadows (3 books)
  • The Everett Exorcism