Start by marking “Always With You” as Want to Read:
Always With You

Always With You

A secret kept for more than twenty years. A daughter intent on finding the truth…

In 1994, twenty-one-year-old Evelyn Taylor left England to backpack around Australia. When she stopped off in the dusty outback town of Kununurra, she never expected to fall in love with the place - and the people. But Joe Sullivan captured her heart, and when her fun-filled year in Australia
Published October 3rd 2017 (first published September 30th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Always With You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always With You

Jasmine
***Actual rating: 5/5 Adventurous Stars***

Always With You is a beautifully-written, heart-warming story between a beloved mother, Evelyn, and her daughter, Libby. The story was written in both Evelyn and Libby’s POVs and intertwined it with past and present times. As the synopsis indicated, Evelyn stayed and explored the awesomeness of Australia in her early 20s, which was back in 1994, while Libby went on her own journey in the present days in 2017. It all started with Libby determined to loo
Shalini
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book tells the story of the mother and the daughter in two timelines of 1994 and 2017. The initial part of book is about the mother Evelyn who backpacks around Australia till she reaches Konunurra in northern Australia. She soon meets a group of fun people and becomes fast friends with them Cam, Leslie, Joe, Kai till something forces her to leave Konunurra in the middle of the night. Libby follows her mother's footsteps to find Joe as per her mother's deathbed instruction. And the secrets un ...more
Coco.V
Dec 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/15/2017)! 💝
Lea ★
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: standalone, emotional, arc
ARC provided for honest review by publisher VIA NetGalley.

Always with You is my first read by this author.
was pleasantly surprised to discover this wellwritten book.
It is hard to put this plot into words. Prepare yourself for a wonderul journey of self discovery, love and family.
Amazing writing kept me intrigued to the very end.
I look forrward to read more from Hannah Ellis.
Wit & Wonder Books
*** ARC provided by the author for an honest review ***

Libby Taylor goes to Australia in search of the father she never knew in Always With You by Hannah Ellis. A journey of love, questions, answers, and the unexpected, Hannah Ellis writes a complicated painful novel of a quest to find explanations of the past.

Kununurra – 1994.
Evelyn Taylor goes away to Australia for the summer and falls in love with the small town of Kununurra. She stays here and find a home, a job, friends, and love. It is an
Rebecca
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My full review can be found on my blog https://reaviewallaboutit.blogspot.co...

I loved this book. If I could possibly give 6 stars out of 5 I would. Wonderful build up of characters with each having their own part of the story. Was interesting from the beginning and had me wanting to know how it ended each time I read a bit more. I found it hard to put down. I higly recommend this book.
Norma Reasor
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

A really good story. I enjoyed it very much. A story about mother and daughter, but after mom has died. Two stories years apart about backpacking in Australia. Libby is searching for her mom’s past, but she doesn’t exactly find what she thought she was looking for.
Elaine
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge
After the death of her mother, a young English girl decides to find the father she has never known. She sets out for Australia to visit the places her mother did when she was young. She surprisingly meets people who still remember her mother. The story is twofold, one tells of the mother's adventures, while the other, the daughter's.
An interesting read.
Joy Corkery
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review originally published here: https://joyfulantidotes.com/2017/10/0...

Always With You by Hannah Ellis unravels a lifelong secret which Evelyn has kept from her daughter Libby. When Evelyn dies, grief-stricken Libby decides to travel to the Australian outback her mother spent a year in and find the father she never knew.

The book is essentially broken into two parts: Evelyn’s trip in 1994 and Libby’s trip in 2017. I’ve never even been to Australia but Kununurra is as vivid in my head as if I l
Sarah MacIntyre
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lovely written story. A good easy read with a gentle mystery. I loved the evocative descriptions of Kununarra and even googled to see if this place is real and it is and it looks beautiful and remote as described so wonderfully. You can sense the heat, humidity and dust as you read. A story of grief, friendships, secrets and wonderful travels. Set in the same location told in two timelines by Evelyn the mother and Libby the daughter both entice you into their story.
C.L. Ogilvie
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the alternating POVs between Libby (the daughter) and Evelyn, her mother. Evelyn was a sassy, out-going girl, while Libby (at least in the beginning) was more reserved, but I liked that as her journey continues, you could see her becoming more like Evelyn, or at least gaining a new insight and appreciation for her mother. The mystery behind Libby's father was nicely done (and I'll admit, the final reveal definitely got me; DID NOT see that coming!). Both woman ...more
Linda
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
👍👍Mother and daughter find more than they bargained for in Australia's Outback!
January 4, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
A lovely and superbly rendered, gripping story with so many great characters along the way. The mother, Evelyn, was so carefree and full of life in her youth; she attracted friends right and left, yet, ultimately, her lifestyle ended in separating her from the people she had grown to love in a small town in Australia's Outback. Her daughter seemed a bit more guard
Tracey
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Always With You has an emotional beginning, one that gets you invested in the story immediately. From then on, it's told as a series of flashbacks and present day, which works really well.

What I really enjoyed was the skilled descriptive writing and how the author puts you right there in the moment. You can picture Kununurra and you are a part of the story. The characters are real, with flaws, and very likeable.

What had me so interested in the story was Evelyn. I was looking for a clue, a hint o
Andrea
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read all of Hannah's books and this is absolutely my favorite. It's indeed one of my Dave's period. The story held my attention from the very first page, one that was beautifully written.
It starts with Evelyn's adventure in Australia, back in 1994 alternating with Libby's on adventure in Australia in 2017. This book brought tears to my eyes but also made me laugh. I can't explain why I felt so connected to both girls, I felt their pain as if I was there. Do yourself a favor and read this one,
Paula Pugh
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Life as it is sometimes known does not always fit into the box it is put, especially is there is a part missing. For Libby Taylor, that part has always been the father she knew nothing about. As her mother, Evelyn, was dying, she told Libby to find Jack Sullivan, a love form a long ago trip to Australia. Certain that Jack is her father, Libby travels to Kununurra, Australia, to find him and to learn about her mother’s time there.
Always with You tells two stories: Evelyn’s time in Australia and L
Jennie Rosenblum
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW - Ok you know how rarely I give 5 stars but this is one of those infrequent times! The story follows a mother and daughter jumping between the mother as a young woman visiting Australia and her daughter later dealing with her mother's death and deciding to go to Australia in search of her father. The transitions were elegant. I really identified with the daughter Libby and her desire to have asked all those questions she didn't know to ask before her mother passed. The adventures of both wom ...more
Kathy
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've read all of Ms. Ellis' books and I think this one might be my favorite. It's about Libby traveling to Australia to locate her father after her mother's death. The book switches back and forth from Libby's perspective and her mother's perspective when she was traveling through Australia.
I enjoyed reading both perspectives and it kept me so interested I didn't want to put the book down.

Would love to seen a 2nd story to see what happens with Libby and the friends she made on her travels afte
Ellen
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book "Always With You" from Netgalley for my honest review.

This book is set in both 1994 and 2017 one story is of the mother and the other of her daughter. I really loved this book. I looked forward to finding out who Libby's father was. I got to see through this story a bit about Australia which was nice (don't think I could put up with the bugs and snakes and crocs though lol). I loved the story about traveling through Australia and the friendships made. This book was well wri
Sarah Fraser
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Always with You is a compelling and clever novel from Hannah Ellis. She beautifully intertwines stories of love, friendship and family across two generations.
So vivid is the story that I feel I was transported Australia; that I have been to Kununurra and met Libby and Evelyn. I couldn't put it down. Always with You is a story that will stay with you.
It is my favourite of her books so far and I thoroughly recommend it. If only I could give it more than five stars.

I received an ARC in exchange for
Colleen
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Happy and just a little sad.

I wish the author could have let us know more with Libby and her Dad.
I was surprised when the mystery was revealed.
Libby and Evelyn reacted to life in much the same way, but I am not sure I agree with her going it alone. Still the story told in flashbacks was unique and really showed the similarities and differences that 20 some years and several thousands of miles make in the short journey of life.
Kelly Crowley
Really good book, just check your number facts. Evelyn had Libby in 1995, but you're saying when her mother died in 2016 she was 20 instead of 21 & when she did her own trip through Australia that she was 21 instead of 22. If she was born in 1995, in 2017 when she did her trip through Australia she would have been 22. Especially since she did the trip after her birthday. At least that's what was written.
Joanne
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the story for several reasons, the visual of Australia, I have visited there and been to the outback and other parts also. The story line was good, could see this happening with young people traveling as they have been in the near past and present times. The people of Australia are friendly as the book shows, good place and good story.
Dawn
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was hooked from the first sentence. I really enjoyed this book. The descriptions of The Australian Outback was so beautiful.
A story of a girl on a quest for her father. It fliis from present day with the daughter to the past with the mother. While they both experience adventure, friendship and love. A beautiful coming of age story.
sonja munson young
It was nice.

It was an ok read. Not my favorite of her books. This is the 4th one that I've read. And to be perfectly honest if it had been the 1st I probably would have stopped there. It never climaxed for me. It was the same throughout. Not really flat just steady without any umph. It didn't make me smile or laugh or tear up, which is what I had come to expect in her books.
Victoria Cooke
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: women-s-fiction
Hannah's breezy writing style is always a joy to read but I found this story particularly special. Hannah's depiction of place and setting is just dreamy, I really felt i was living both Evelyn and Libby's experiences and I loved how the characters' stories intertwined. Hannah always creates endearing characters you can't help but love. This book was simply gorgeous!
Cheryl
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, lovely characters and a great story. The descriptions of the country was so real I could see it. I think it resonated with me because my daughter went to Australia traveling and spent time in western Australia. I will be recommending it to my friends.
Cherie Melbourne
Great Story

Hannah Ellis has blown me away with this story, it sucked me right in. Being an Aussie, I'm a tad biased towards my place of origin. The characters stole my heart and I didn't see it coming when it was revealed who her father was.
Pat Cavill
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable journey through a young girl's life in Australia which held my interest throughout.
A well researched and well written story combining the lives and times of Libby and her mother Evelyn during their time travelling in Australia during different generations. A recommended read.
Kelly Palmer
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

This is the first book I've read by this author and loved it. As described its a heartwarming story of love, loss and friendships. No spoilers but make sure you have a big box of tissues ready! Brilliant. A definite must read.
Heather Bireley
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally different ending

Wow I completely expected a different ending in this book. It was a bit slow. I had a hard time getting into it but at the end I couldn’t wait to find out who was Libby’s Dad. Kept me guessing until right at the end
Aussie Book Bloggers: ARC available for contemporary romance set in WA 1 4 Sep 01, 2017 11:22AM

• Mend Your Heart (Bounty Bay, #4)
  • Ugly Beautiful Girl
  • Collision (Alliance, #3)
  • Under An Adirondack Sky
  • Dark Ocean Princess (The Cursed Seas Collection)
  • The Self-Publisher's Ultimate Resource Guide
  • Star Cruise: Marooned
  • The Summer of Lost Wishes
  • Soul Redeemed (Sons of Wrath, #4)
  • Steam and Sensibility (Sensibility Grey #1)
  • A Time for Everything
  • Running Free (Woodland Creek)
  • That Night with the CEO
  • Breakaway (Verdant String #1)
  • One Summer with Autumn
  • Wish For Me (Destiny Jinn, #1)
  • Natalie and the Nerd
  • Telepath (Hive Mind, #1)
Hannah Ellis is originally from Sheffield, England and spent time living in America, Australia and Ireland before finally settling in Munich, Germany where she now lives with her husband and children. She self published her first novel 'Friends Like These' in 2015 and is now busy juggling two small children while trying to write more books!