Start by marking “Warwick's Mermaid” as Want to Read:
Warwick's Mermaid

Warwick's Mermaid

Having escaped an abusive relationship, Chloe MacGregor is determined to put the past behind her. The little cottage high up on the cliffs overlooking the beautiful North Yorkshire town of Whitby is her safe haven, somewhere she is free to be herself.

When the arrival of her new neighbour and boss, Luke Warwick, threatens her peaceful, sheltered life, Chloe is forced to con
ebook
Published October 11th 2017 by Tirgearr Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Warwick's Mermaid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warwick's Mermaid

Start your review of Warwick's Mermaid
Dash fan
5☆ An Utterly Enchanting and Captivating Must Read!

As soon as i started reading Warwick’s Mermaid I was hooked! It was an utterly enchanting read, filled with sadness, passion, hope, love, heartache and the most adorable fur baby!

This isn't a very long read and I devoured it in a few hours.

Oh where to start!....
Chloe is a sweet, gentle, caring, yet tortured soul.
After suffering abuse at the hands of her ex husband, and her mother constantly telling her she will never be good enough as a wif
J.B (Debbie)
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If ever there was a book to make me fall hard for one of the main characters its this one. Luke Warwick just became my latest book boyfriend!

Chloe, in an abusive relationship decides to walk away from Chris after receiving a beating. She can no longer convince herself that he can't help the way he is. But its a difficult decision as Chloe has been brainwashed to believe that she is at fault and is completely undesirable to men. Even her mother has reinforced this in her mind and Chloe it seems
Anne
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This was very much my kind of read – a rather gorgeous love story, but with a real edge of darkness as Chloe struggles to escape the shadow of domestic abuse and her belief that she’s incapable of forming a relationship, and some very unexpected unpleasantness in the workplace. Other than the dark edges, it’s a fairly easy read, and Chloe’s a likeable character who you feel for from the very beginning. Luke is distinctly gorgeous, warm and caring – and there are moments when you really want to s ...more
N.W. Moors
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chloe MacGregor has escaped an abusive relationship with her boyfriend. She's managed to make a new life in a fairytale cottage on the edge of the sea in Whitby, England where she makes jewelry and lives with her dog, Jasper. She acquires a new neighbor, Luke Warwick, but things are complicated between them. Chloe is still nervous with men and her issues are not helped by her mother who convinces Chloe that she isn't worthy of a man. Luke doesn't want complications and Chloe is chock full of the ...more
Alina
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. The characters were believable, and the romance lovely. Add in the fact that this book is set around Whitby, not too far from where I live, and I was completely hooked.

A quick read, with a light touch that flows well, though it still has its more serious, darker side. But hey... with Luke Warwick around, I suspect that most readers will be like me, and have no problem getting past those! :)

I'll definitely be reading more by this author.
ChillwithabookAWARD With
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warwick's Mermaid by Ellie Gray has received a Chill with a Readers' Award.
www.chillwithabook.com

"A lovely romantic story. "

Pauline Barclay - Founder of Chill with a Book Awards
Melissa
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ellie Gray is a new author to me, but I took a chance on this title because if you call yourself The Bathtub Mermaid (as I do) you cannot pass up anything with “mermaid” in the title. Of course the mermaid in this novel isn’t literal, but refers to Chloe, our protagonist, a well-rounded woman who loves to walk on the beach, collect shells, and play with her dog, a female shepherd named Jasper.

We first meet Chloe as she’s exiting an abusive relationship, and author Gray handled that plot point wi
Jéssica
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
This is the first book I'm reading by Ellie Gray and it as the kind of book that I will definitely pick up again and reread it.

The story is about Chloe and Luke, our two main characters that fall in love. This is a love story after all. Nevertheless, life isn't perfect, and the characters, like any of us in the real world, have to deal with their past and the demons that cause pain and uncertainty.

I love that about the characters. I love how their interactions and all the caring moments that bal
Rachel (Rae)
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
My heart broke for Chloe in the opening to this book and I was also so angry that she had endured such a terrible time. So I really hoped that she would find a bit of peace as she started her new life. Chloe has suffered with her confidence so there is a vulnerability to her that was so sad to see especially how damaged her confidence is. Luke is surprised to feel a connection with Chloe and their first meeting made me like him even more as he pretty much became her knight in shining armour. Eve ...more
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
While this is a quick read, it has depth. It begins with a woman finally ready to leave her abusive relationship. Chloe MacGregor has had ENOUGH, yet she has her doubts. Much of the story attempts to explain how she got to this point and how she became a woman who put up with the abuse she received repeatedly.
While there are some good people in Chloe's life, there are also others, of both genders, who delight in messing with her. Is it any wonder why Chloe has trust issues? Each time she tries t
C. Gonzales
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This book was a good distraction for me when I needed a fast, easy read. Chloe is a broken woman who is stronger than even she knows. Luke is quite headstrong and alpha. I think that their opposites attract dynamic was a great one.

This is a story about being brave and moving on. Trying to let the past go no matter how hard that is.

I liked the emotion in this novel and the way that we were able to feel her pain. The flipside of that is that we also felt the attraction and connection of Chloe a
InD'tale Magazine
“Warwick’s Mermaid” is a story about healing and second chances.

Read full review in the 2018 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Rhoda Baxter
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet romance set in Whitby. Chloe is recovering after escaping an abusive relationship. Arguably, her relationship with her mother is also bordering on abusive, but in a very different way. She's rented a cottage on one side of an isolated bay.
Luke has rented the cottage on the other side of the bay.
There's a good amount of intrigue and angst and romance. It's a gentle, sweet read.
[And I love the title!]
Tiziana Langone
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
When one meeting is just the start.

Chloe MacGregor has escaped an abusive relationship. Now she wants to put the past behind her and enjoy her little cottage on the cliffs of Whitby, where she is free to be herself.
She loves being alone on the beach, having fun with her dog Jasper. But when suddenly she has a new neighbour, she has to share her peaceful place.
Yet Luke Warwick is not only her new neighbour, but also her new boss. and even if Chloe wants to maintain her sheltered life, Luke is m
Ellie Gray
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tirgearr Publishing

• Stolen Kiss with Her Billionaire Boss
  • The Villa of Dreams
  • Christmas at Moonshine Hollow
  • Tempted by the Tycoon's Proposal
  • The Viscount's Convenient Bride (Reluctant Brides Book 2)
  • The Tobacconist's Wife
  • The Heiress's Pregnancy Surprise
  • A Waltz with the Outspoken Governess
  • His Unlikely Duchess
  • Let Me Love You (Jeremy Lewis, #2)
  • Murder: It's All in Your Head
  • Her Banished Knight's Redemption (Notorious Knights #2)
  • Winter at Wishington Bay: A heartwarming, uplifting romance for winter 2021
  • Christmas at Aunt Elsie's: a delightfully festive, feel-good romance and the perfect Christmas treat.