Start by marking “The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells” as Want to Read:

Unlock Countless Content Ideas.  Sell Your Products And Services With Ease. Get Your Content to Work Harder For You.

Does any of this sound like you?

1. You NEVER know what to write

On most days you struggle to come up with blog post ideas and haven’t planned in advance what your content is going to be about. You're always looking to fill a publishing queu

Published August 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The One Hour Content Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One Hour Content Plan

Start your review of The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells
Deepak Imandi
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very well written. Even better, very very easy to skim. It took me around 90 mins to read this. The author knows what she is writing about. I have read a lot of books on similar topics but there are a lot of tips within this work that was pretty new to me. Really enjoyed it. All the Best Meera.
Kavitha Sivakumar
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
An unexpected read. While searching for another book in Amazon, came across this one. Catchy title and easy read. I like what I read. I will come back again to this book as I want to create a website/blog.
Ūla Pociūtė
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm impressed. One of those very few books on a topic which actually are useful.

I completed the most of the tasks while reading the book yet it wasn't one hour for sure. Still, I'm very happy with what I created there guided by Mira's advice. It's not smth magical what I discovered but as Meera herself says, it is not something unique and very new. It just helps to put the thoughts in order.
AND I loved the tone of the book. Usually these kind of books are annoying with these 'Do this and you'll
Smut Matters
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been following Meera’s blog for several months and it’s one of my favorites. Her posts are always top-notch - well-written, and chock-full of amazing content and actionable steps. So when I saw she was publishing a book on the system she uses to consistently come up and plan with so many ideas, I knew I had to read it.

The 1 Hour Content Plan totally delivered on Meera’s crazy promise of 1 year of content in an hour! Before I read it, I had a few ideas for blog posts on my business site, bu
Cameron Copper
May 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: need-to-buy
By no means is this book a college level assessment on the state of the blog industry and how to become a contributor, but it does do a good job of giving the reader a place to begin with understanding the concepts of content organization and production.

As a content creator, I primarily read this book to determine if there easier ways of refining my content production cycle. While the hook line of “Ideas in 60 Minutes” follows the current prevalent theme of over simplifying and under delivering
Alina Malina
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Neat and structured! I love how organized and to the point this book is. Meera did a great job sieving though a ton of information and selecting every word to put into this book. Nothing extra, only business. Ideal for beginners/Intermediate who want to start their blog and do it right.

I will re-read the book again to make sure I didn't accidentally skip some notes and will create a checklist to critically analyze each of my post before publishing.
Diana
Sep 05, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is good for the inexperienced audience. It gives a basic outline of what to include and what tools to use.

For anyone searching for more in-depth strategies, this is not it.
Candace Brenner
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clear, concise and good advice!

Whether you are just getting started or a content marketing veteran, this is a helpful book! I would recommend it!
Ana Mora
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An excellent guide for beginners or seasoned creators

A practical and easy to read book for anyone and everyone working in the content business, full of too!s and support
Sindhu S
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
The One Hour Content Plan by Meera Kothand did not deliver in terms of its title. I am yet to develop a content plan. However, this is not because I couldn’t if I wanted....
The complete review is at Read and Reviewed.
Heather  Erickson
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best book I've read on content generation

This is a book that anyone who has a blog, or is considering starting one up, should buy. After reading it, I was able to come up with over a year worth of blog post ideas-- and they had substance! I have struggled with getting my blog to "work." I was easily able to identity several things I've been doing wrong, as well as how to fix them.

The book not only covered content, but also how to develop the "voice" you want your audience to hear.

The thing
Dipanshu Rawal
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a content marketer myself, I wish I'd written this book.
For any intermediate or beginner level digital marketing person, this one is a recommended read.
I have planned out my content calendar using a couple of strategies mention in this book.

Hope to read more of Meera's work asap.
indy
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
This is an accessible introduction to content marketing (and planning) for people starting from scratch. I paid all of $1.49 AUD for this book, and it will arguably pay off in that sense.

Do not rely on this book for writing advice. There are many excellent books out there about the art and craft of writing well. My reading history in Goodreads is peppered with many of those works, if you're interested.

The book appears not to have undergone any editing, or else the editor and typesetter did a poo
Little Nook
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Some reviewers wrote that it isn't possible to use this book and write a content plan in an hour. I actually managed to write up a content plan reading this book in one sitting. Having said that, I also understand why some people thought it took longer. The book is packed with information, a lot of which is useful. What allowed me to complete the plan in one sitting though was having a clear picture of what I wanted to do prior to picking up the book.

Meera does a good job in going back to basic
Bookish Devil
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is just the kind of book that'd I'd recommend to all the budding bloggers out there. Not only does it spare you the usual clickbaity content that non-fiction books of today tend to have, but it also serves as an effective, genuine tool kit for solopreneurs to make use of.

I thought I could skim through the content and make a mental note of the useful points. But I ended up creating an Evernote account just to jot down the tips and tricks.

Also, It isn't filled with technical jargons and mos
Ashley Salisbury
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I give this book 3.5 stars. I read this book during my treadmill time through Kindle Unlimited. It helped me confirm the process of how to create blog content but did not necessarily give me any information that I hadn't already read from the bajillion infographics and blog posts I had already scanned on the internet. I do enjoy the author's concise, coherent, organized, and direct means of providing the necessary information. I have not downloaded the free worksheets that are available with the ...more
Christy Bower
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
In The One Hour Content Plan, author Meera Kothand describes things like “Ten Types of Posts” and “8 Components of a Blog Post.” The author talks about setting goals and then planning your blog content to achieve those specific goals. I, for one, took that point to heart as something I need to do better at on a regular basis.

The thing I disliked about the book was constant references to go download various forms and documents. The author didn’t merely do this as a convenience to help you print f
Shiuan Liu
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This books really delivers

I can’t say enough good things about this book. From the very first chapter, and the concept of the Driver Of Change, it’s giving you gold. Can you find this stuff elsewhere? Sure. But will you? We’ve been there. We learn plenty of info but lack the execution. This is where the worksheets and step-by-step nature of this book really helps. If you have ever tried (and failed) to get some focus around your blog posts and personal branding content, or have worked yourself t
Timothy Bateson
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
An interesting read for bloggers new and old

I've been blogging for a while now and I read this out of interest in hopes of developing a more coherent content plan...
The material is presented in a well thought out and clear manner, which made it an easy read.
I can see this as a book that would be of serious help to someone wanting to make money off their blog. However I'm more interested in growing my readership, and I found the information inside less useful in that respect.
That's not to say tha
Omar
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wanna Get Your Blogging Process Unstuck? Read This Book

Look, generating blogging ideas is hard. Generating awesome blogging ideas is even harder. And trying to do it consistently without a well thought out process that doesn’t shackle your creativity is damn near impossible. You might be able to pull it off a couple of times, but on the long run it’s just unsustainable.

That’s why Meera’s book is so helpful. Without much fanfare she gets you up and running in no time. This is a quick read full o
Kamlesh
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Resource and Reference

Like Meera herself mentions, most of the ideas talked about are totally new - in fact a lot of them are common sense even. But she’s done an amazing job of providing examples and ideas with her fill in the blanks, the kind of things you’d stare at the screen looking for PERFECTION. She especially helps those perfectionist by gently nudging them in a subtle way by helping them amplify what they already know and helps them beat the “analysis paralysis” - the planne
Michelle
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful

I have been a fan of Meyer's blog for about a year but sometimes I get information overwhelm. This book ties so much together for me. I loved all the worksheets and how eye walks you through each. And the list of tools was so helpful too. I ordered her create planner as well.

I also recommend subscribing to her blog. All of her lead magnets are extremely valuable. I printed all of them and refer to them when I need to. This book is alot like her posts with how informative and helpful
Lynne
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book and brilliant bonuses

I read a lot of business books where the authors only purpose is to get you to join the email list. This lady is totally different. She offers REALLY valuable content. Easy to follow instructions and topics broken down into sensible sizeable chunks. I have highlighted so many useful tips in this book, it makes a book in itself. I have downloaded the great bonuses and really look forward to the wonderful stuff that drops in my inbox. If you are looking to make
Ace Patterson
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
No fluff. A long-lasting strategy, not a list of temporary tactics.

This is the 2nd book I read from Meera (the 1st being on email tips), and I was again far from disappointed. What Meera does in this book is provide us the tool that we can then use to produce and endless supply of content (as opposed to prescriptively telling her readers to only make a specific type of content). This alone is the most powerful aspect of the book - the rest lies on you to actually have an idea/business that you c
Scott
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick introduction to content writing.

This is not a deep dive for the seasoned writer but really an introduction to someone looking to start a blog. I came into with an active business, years of writing, and was initially let down. But once I accepted it was not a deep dive. I was able to start skipping through parts, highlighting some new nuggets to come back to, and finish pretty quickly.

The sections of creating content blocks, sub categories, etc I did find useful and can further help me to
Sandra
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the book that every blogger worried about content and attracting followers needs.

I am just starting out in the blogging world and I had an idea of what I wanted to do but didn't know how to actually do it. Four chapters in I have already defined my blog purpose, my ideal audience, and clarified my brand. This book gives definable steps that are easy to follow and understand. This is the book that every blogger who wants to succeed needs.
Ana
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
I've been following Meera's blog and learning from her free content for a while. So, when I knew she had published this ebook I bought it right away. I was not surprised that it was excellent. I knew it would convey great content in a simple, accessible way. I relate to Meera's way of writing and organizing content.

The Digital Bonus (free download in author's site) is extremely useful.

This book is a must for those who want to start a successful blog.
Vanessa Glass
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
If you're a new blogger or someone that struggles to stay consistent with posting on their existing blog, this is a pretty great book to read. It's a quick read and there are some free resources mentioned in it.

It's full of information and tips on how to create a content plan that keeps you producing new blog on a regular basis.

For me, I don't have an issue producing content, but there were a few good tips for me that will help me stay a little more focused on my blog's purpose.

Misha Gericke
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been feeling like my blog has fallen into a rut, and I couldn't really wrap my mind around how to get out of it.

So when I saw this book somewhere, I decided to buy it and see if it could help.

And boy, did it.

I now have a year's worth of content planned, not only for my blog, but for my vlog as well, all because this book helped me think about what I wanted to achieve with both.

I definitely recommend.
Lisa Hollenbach
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Concise and Filled with Excellent Strategies

This book is a great, stratification, and short read for anyone who plans and creates content. I learned new strategies for planning and organization to help put the pieces together, and I also felt great that this book confirmed that I’m already using some of the best practices in content planning, production, and promotion intuitively.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • 3 Months to No.1: The "No-Nonsense" SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
  • Instagram Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Following Fast, Driving Massive Traffic & Generating Predictable Profits
  • Content Machine: Use Content Marketing to Build a 7-figure Business With Zero Advertising
  • SEO 2014: Learn Search Engine Optimization with Smart Internet Marketing Strategies
  • Write Blog Posts Readers Love: A Step-By-Step Guide
  • Superfans: The Easy Way to Stand Out, Grow Your Tribe, And Build a Successful Business
  • The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
  • 500 Social Media Marketing Tips Essential Advice Hints and Strategy
  • How to Write Great Blog Posts that Engage Readers
  • Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step StoryBrand Guide for Any Business
  • The Story Engine: An entrepreneur's guide to content strategy and brand storytelling without spending all day writing
  • Influencer Fast Track: 10X Your Marketing & Branding for Coaches, Consultants, Professionals and Entrepreneurs!: Grow your Brand & Business, Attract Dream (Influencer Marketing Fast Track)
  • Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers
  • How to Write Seductive Web Copy: An Easy Guide to Picking Up More Customers
  • Influencer: Building Your Personal Brand in the Age of Social Media
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • The Mental Toughness Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide to Facing Life's Challenges, Managing Negative Emotions, and Overcoming Adversity with Courage and Poise
Meera is a certified email marketing specialist, blogger and a self-professed email nerd. She blogs over at MeeraKothand.Com where she helps bloggers and solopreneurs create authentic blogs and businesses minus the sleaze to build an unmissable online presence. Her speciality: Simplyfing marketing strategy with no-fluff, direct and actionable advice and a smattering of tough love. She has been fea ...more

News & Interviews

“X _______ every [call out an audience] needs to be [ACTION] E.g. 10 email lists every social media manager needs to be subscribed to / 10 books every aspiring entrepreneur in his forties needs to be reading.” 0 likes
“Type of content for this category: Case studies of your students or clients or even of yourself are great for this category.” 0 likes