Start by marking “The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells” as Want to Read:

Unlock Countless Content Ideas.  Sell Your Products And Services With Ease. Get Your Content to Work Harder For You.

Does any of this sound like you?

1. You NEVER know what to write

On most days you struggle to come up with blog post ideas and havent planned in advance what your content is going to be about. You're always looking to fill a publishing queue.

2. You

Published August 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The One Hour Content Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One Hour Content Plan

Start your review of The One Hour Content Plan: The Solopreneur’s Guide to a Year’s Worth of Blog Post Ideas in 60 Minutes and Creating Content That Hooks and Sells
Deepak Imandi
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very well written. Even better, very very easy to skim. It took me around 90 mins to read this. The author knows what she is writing about. I have read a lot of books on similar topics but there are a lot of tips within this work that was pretty new to me. Really enjoyed it. All the Best Meera.
Smut Matters
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ive been following Meeras blog for several months and its one of my favorites. Her posts are always top-notch - well-written, and chock-full of amazing content and actionable steps. So when I saw she was publishing a book on the system she uses to consistently come up and plan with so many ideas, I knew I had to read it.

The 1 Hour Content Plan totally delivered on Meeras crazy promise of 1 year of content in an hour! Before I read it, I had a few ideas for blog posts on my business site, but
Candace Brenner
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clear, concise and good advice!

Whether you are just getting started or a content marketing veteran, this is a helpful book! I would recommend it!
Heather  Erickson
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best book I've read on content generation

This is a book that anyone who has a blog, or is considering starting one up, should buy. After reading it, I was able to come up with over a year worth of blog post ideas-- and they had substance! I have struggled with getting my blog to "work." I was easily able to identity several things I've been doing wrong, as well as how to fix them.

The book not only covered content, but also how to develop the "voice" you want your audience to hear.

The thing
Dipanshu Rawal
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a content marketer myself, I wish I'd written this book.
For any intermediate or beginner level digital marketing person, this one is a recommended read.
I have planned out my content calendar using a couple of strategies mention in this book.

Hope to read more of Meera's work asap.
Little Nook
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loc-ebooks, business
Some reviewers wrote that it isn't possible to use this book and write a content plan in an hour. I actually managed to write up a content plan reading this book in one sitting. Having said that, I also understand why some people thought it took longer. The book is packed with information, a lot of which is useful. What allowed me to complete the plan in one sitting though was having a clear picture of what I wanted to do prior to picking up the book.

Meera does a good job in going back to
Ashley Salisbury
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I give this book 3.5 stars. I read this book during my treadmill time through Kindle Unlimited. It helped me confirm the process of how to create blog content but did not necessarily give me any information that I hadn't already read from the bajillion infographics and blog posts I had already scanned on the internet. I do enjoy the author's concise, coherent, organized, and direct means of providing the necessary information. I have not downloaded the free worksheets that are available with the ...more
Christy Bower
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
In The One Hour Content Plan, author Meera Kothand describes things like Ten Types of Posts and 8 Components of a Blog Post. The author talks about setting goals and then planning your blog content to achieve those specific goals. I, for one, took that point to heart as something I need to do better at on a regular basis.

The thing I disliked about the book was constant references to go download various forms and documents. The author didnt merely do this as a convenience to help you print forms
Omar
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wanna Get Your Blogging Process Unstuck? Read This Book

Look, generating blogging ideas is hard. Generating awesome blogging ideas is even harder. And trying to do it consistently without a well thought out process that doesnt shackle your creativity is damn near impossible. You might be able to pull it off a couple of times, but on the long run its just unsustainable.

Thats why Meeras book is so helpful. Without much fanfare she gets you up and running in no time. This is a quick read full of
Timothy Bateson
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
An interesting read for bloggers new and old

I've been blogging for a while now and I read this out of interest in hopes of developing a more coherent content plan...
The material is presented in a well thought out and clear manner, which made it an easy read.
I can see this as a book that would be of serious help to someone wanting to make money off their blog. However I'm more interested in growing my readership, and I found the information inside less useful in that respect.
That's not to say
Michelle
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful

I have been a fan of Meyer's blog for about a year but sometimes I get information overwhelm. This book ties so much together for me. I loved all the worksheets and how eye walks you through each. And the list of tools was so helpful too. I ordered her create planner as well.

I also recommend subscribing to her blog. All of her lead magnets are extremely valuable. I printed all of them and refer to them when I need to. This book is alot like her posts with how informative and helpful
Lynne
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book and brilliant bonuses

I read a lot of business books where the authors only purpose is to get you to join the email list. This lady is totally different. She offers REALLY valuable content. Easy to follow instructions and topics broken down into sensible sizeable chunks. I have highlighted so many useful tips in this book, it makes a book in itself. I have downloaded the great bonuses and really look forward to the wonderful stuff that drops in my inbox. If you are looking to make
Kamlesh
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Resource and Reference

Like Meera herself mentions, most of the ideas talked about are totally new - in fact a lot of them are common sense even. But shes done an amazing job of providing examples and ideas with her fill in the blanks, the kind of things youd stare at the screen looking for PERFECTION. She especially helps those perfectionist by gently nudging them in a subtle way by helping them amplify what they already know and helps them beat the analysis paralysis - the planner is
Misha Gericke
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been feeling like my blog has fallen into a rut, and I couldn't really wrap my mind around how to get out of it.

So when I saw this book somewhere, I decided to buy it and see if it could help.

And boy, did it.

I now have a year's worth of content planned, not only for my blog, but for my vlog as well, all because this book helped me think about what I wanted to achieve with both.

I definitely recommend.
Sandra
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the book that every blogger worried about content and attracting followers needs.

I am just starting out in the blogging world and I had an idea of what I wanted to do but didn't know how to actually do it. Four chapters in I have already defined my blog purpose, my ideal audience, and clarified my brand. This book gives definable steps that are easy to follow and understand. This is the book that every blogger who wants to succeed needs.
Lisa Hollenbach
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Concise and Filled with Excellent Strategies

This book is a great, stratification, and short read for anyone who plans and creates content. I learned new strategies for planning and organization to help put the pieces together, and I also felt great that this book confirmed that Im already using some of the best practices in content planning, production, and promotion intuitively.
Cindy Crain
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really Valuable Information

Meera really breaks down the basics of creating for your specific audience - including how to determine who your reader is . This is a deep dive into the "why" behind your content, and includes the how-to without sending the reader into overwhelm. The worksheets, resource lists and examples make the entire process less intimidating. I'll continue to use this as a working guide vs just another book I've read through.
Vanessa
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
If you're a new blogger or someone that struggles to stay consistent with posting on their existing blog, this is a pretty great book to read. It's a quick read and there are some free resources mentioned in it.

It's full of information and tips on how to create a content plan that keeps you producing new blog on a regular basis.

For me, I don't have an issue producing content, but there were a few good tips for me that will help me stay a little more focused on my blog's purpose.

Ana
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
I've been following Meera's blog and learning from her free content for a while. So, when I knew she had published this ebook I bought it right away. I was not surprised that it was excellent. I knew it would convey great content in a simple, accessible way. I relate to Meera's way of writing and organizing content.

The Digital Bonus (free download in author's site) is extremely useful.

This book is a must for those who want to start a successful blog.
Melanie Wilson
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very practical guide to content planning

While the ideas arent revolutionary, its information we need to be reminded of. I appreciated the reminder that content should have a purpose and be part of a path for our readers. Im looking forward to creating my content plan for the year.
Duke DeLaet
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book saved my sanity

This book singlehandedly unfucked my whole content marketing plan. As an internet marketer, I was getting overwhelmed by everything I needed to do on the technical side, AND be creative. The parts on brand message and editorial calendars straight up saved my sanity.
Bonnie
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read for content creators

This book really made me think about my content creation strategy in a new light. Ive been stuck in a rut for so long, with no real direction when it came to content creation. Now, not only do I have a better idea of where I want to take my blog, but I have a list of content ideas to work from.
Harmen Stevens
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Simple not easy

If only creation of a passion project would take less time. No, all kidding aside, Meera does deliver on her premise of teaching the meta of content building. A little too commercial in its approach toward becoming an SME, but putting that small variable aside, I have enjoyed this approach and definitely look back at the bonus content regularly. Good stuff
Juan Manuel Vera
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book, great advises

Meera writes in a very friendly and comprehensive way. This book is very useful for new or intermediate bloggers. Certainly for experimented too.

Content plan give me clarity and guide to do a successful blog and is aplicable to other content projects too.

I do recommend this book for all content writers.
Kelly Carr
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Method for Planning Content

This is the first book I have read by Meera. She has some very good ideas for writers whether you are writing for a blog or a book. She also brings a younger and fresher perspective on writing for an online crowd. Also picked up a few good resources.
ppp
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clear and solid plan for generating purposeful content

I took 23 pages of notes from this book to implement in my new blog. Meera goes above and beyond to make sure you understand how to successfully implement the strategies she outlines. Clarifying the purpose for my content makes the process of finding ideas much simpler and actionable. Thanks for a great book!
Prue Dwyer
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, 2018-reads
I'm the tortoise, not the hare, so it took me longer than 60 minutes but worth the time investment. Meera breaks down the process into easy-to-action tasks. She sets clear targets and makes blogging sounds easy and make sense. Plus there are plenty of inspirational examples that leave you eager to dive in and confident that you can do this.
Jani Kay
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!

This gem of a book helped me clear the confusion in my brain. After reading it, I sat at my laptop and cranked out my years worth of blog post topics in an inspired afternoon!!
Before I read this book, I knew what to do, but no idea how to implement it. Amazing how much I got done in a short time simply because I finally GOT IT!! Thank you!!
Ms A Hutchison
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book wouldn't be suitable for me because I sell products and not services but I got a lot out of it. I've now got a much better idea on how to create a marketing plan to include blogging that will actually get me found with strong SEO. I also loved the blog post title "cheat sheet". That frame work was really helpful.
Aaron Leyshon
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Immediately Actionable

Meera Kothand has created the one hour content plan to provide support and direction. Sure, actually writing the content takes longer than an hour but the plan itself gives you a way of outlining, scheduling, and assessing your content schedule as you go.

Highly recommended. In fact, I think I need to reread this now as things are slipping...
« previous 1 3 next »

• Write Blog Posts Readers Love: A Step-By-Step Guide
  • Influencer Fast Track: 10X Your Marketing & Branding for Coaches, Consultants, Professionals and Entrepreneurs!: Grow your Brand & Business, Attract Dream (Influencer Marketing Fast Track)
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • Superfans: The Easy Way to Stand Out, Grow Your Tribe, And Build a Successful Business
  • Influencer: Building Your Personal Brand in the Age of Social Media
  • The Story Engine: An entrepreneur's guide to content strategy and brand storytelling without spending all day writing
  • How to Write Great Blog Posts that Engage Readers
  • Do It Today: Overcome Procrastination, Improve Productivity, and Achieve More Meaningful Things
  • The Essential Habits Of 6-Figure Bloggers: Secrets of 17 Successful Bloggers You Can Use to Build a Six-Figure Online Business
  • Content Machine: Use Content Marketing to Build a 7-figure Business With Zero Advertising
  • 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!
  • Instagram Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Following Fast, Driving Massive Traffic & Generating Predictable Profits
  • Kindle Bestseller Publishing: Write a Bestseller in 30 Days! (Beginner Internet Marketing Series Book 5)
  • SEO 2014: Learn Search Engine Optimization with Smart Internet Marketing Strategies
  • The Future of Work: Robots, AI, and Automation
  • WWHW, Why, What, How-To, What-If: Easily Create a Book, Podcast, or Online Course In Just a Few Easy-to-Follow Steps
  • To-Do List Formula: A Stress-Free Guide To Creating To-Do Lists That Work!
  • You Are A Writer (So Start Acting Like One)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Meera is a certified email marketing specialist, blogger and a self-professed email nerd. She blogs over at MeeraKothand.Com where she helps bloggers and solopreneurs create authentic blogs and businesses minus the sleaze to build an unmissable online presence. Her speciality: Simplyfing marketing strategy with no-fluff, direct and actionable advice and a smattering of tough love. She has been ...more

News & Interviews

“X _______ every [call out an audience] needs to be [ACTION] E.g. 10 email lists every social media manager needs to be subscribed to / 10 books every aspiring entrepreneur in his forties needs to be reading.” 0 likes
“Type of content for this category: Case studies of your students or clients or even of yourself are great for this category.” 0 likes