Start by marking “Encore” as Want to Read:
Encore

Encore

Previous cover edition of ASIN B074W11WPV

When shy programmer, Charlie, is dragged to a "Magic Mike” club in Hollywood by his co-workers, the last thing he expects is to be pulled onstage. But when he’s approached by Ramon, a dancer whose only focus is to bring him pleasure, something awakens in Charlie that can’t be denied.

Yet heated attraction only goes so far when one
Published August 16th 2017 by Clampett Studio (first published August 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Encore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Encore

Start your review of Encore
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Charlie lives in Los Angeles with his sister - Sasha is in a wheelchair after the accident that killed their parents.
By day he's a talented but very shy & geeky & awkward programmer and by night he's a guy who's creating his own apps and dreams of finally finding a man to fall in forever ever after love with.
But he doesn't think anyone would want to be with him - he doesn't see himself as this hot and cute gay guy. But he is.

Ramon is a barkeeper and dancer at a male strip club.
That's
Beneath The Covers Blog
Charlie is a geeky guy who has a problem with putting himself out there, until he meets Ramon, but the thing is Roman is a bartender/male dancer at an exclusive club who caters to women if you know what I mean. Can there be love or just nothing but lap dances?

I have read this author before, and it was another M/M book and I loved it, but unfortunately this one didn't do it for me. Charlie, oh Charlie, for most of the book he came off desperate. It was a little painful and awkward at times to
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Encore by Ruth Clampett
3.5 stars!!!

“What I’ve learned is that love isn’t about being practical and safe. Sometimes you just have to jump off a cliff and hope you fly.”

Ruth Clampett is a new to me author and this one was chosen as my first read because it is a M/M and I have not read enough of them lately and also because I loved the cover. I’m easily pleased! Ruth Clampett regales us with the story of Charlie, our little computer geek and Ramon (think Magic Mike) stripper. Polar opposites in
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I haven't read anything by Ms Clampett before, haven't read the book Unforgiven or met the character Ramon, however this did not affect my reading at all, as this could be read as a standalone.

Charlie and Ramon's story is cute and adorable, with a little bit of drama and suspense thrown in for good measure.

I adore Charlie right from the start. There is something a little naive about him that just makes him all the more likeable. Plus, the way he looks after his
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

3 Dancing CROWNS

I really enjoyed Ruth Clampett's last MM romance, and I was incredibly intrigued by this synopsis. Unfortunately, this story fell flat for more. Even with likable characters and steamy scenes, Encore just didn't hit the mark for me.

Charlie is smart and attractive hero with a huge heart. He takes care of his sister, works hard at his job, and even though he yearns for more in the relationship department, he seems content with his life until he
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
DNF @ 19%

Charlie was way too insecure for me. It wasn't even in an awkwardly adorable way, but in a "this is making me uncomfortable" way. Then he shows up at Ramon's job the next night and the night after, and he wants to KEEP paying him for these dances? It was just awkward. Don't get me wrong, the dancing scenes were great, but everything else in between made me uncomfortable.

The real moment that i had to stop reading is when Charlie's co-worker and "friend" Kate (I think thats her name)
Cadiva
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
It's hard to get first person present tense right without the reader feeling they're just been told everything instead of being able to see it happening through the narrative.

I don't think this quite works all the time, we see far too much random thoughts from Charlie's and being in his head all the time, especially in moments where he's being a dick, is a bit wearing.

I swapped between wanting to tell him to get a grip and slapping him, he's not the most sympathetic of characters in my view and
Liz
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Loved the synopsis but the delivery was a little slow.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Interesting story. The nerd and the stripper. Interesting and a wee-bit hot. But, Ruth Clampett made it work and gave us a nice romantic story.
Charlie is not really sure what his sexuality is about. He knows women do nothing for him and has absolutely no interest in going to a strip club with the women from work but, he’s talked into going. Now, he couldn’t be happier that he went.

Ramon has a past that is both inspiring and terrifying. He’s had no interest in much of anything after his
MillsyLovesBooks
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Encore is the newest standalone m/m romance novel by Ruth Clampett. This is the story of Charlie and Ramon with some great secondary characters. Charlie's life is busy, work keeping him the most occupied the other is his sister who he loves and adores but also lives with since she was in a car accident killing both their parents. He's shy and thinks of himself as geeky and that nobody would be interested in him. His self confidence is low the other problem is the fact that he hasn't been honest ...more
Annika
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was ok

Drama, drama, and more drama. What a mess!

It kind of feels like the author went on a crazy shopping spree for ideas for her book and then threw everything in there. She really threw anything and everything into it. And in the end it was just a mess. But maybe she was going for the soap opera vibe? I don't know, but it sure did read like one.

I never warmed to Charlie. He comes across like immature and a bit childish. Which is odd, because in a way he had to grow up overnight when he lost his
Jessica Alcazar
So this was kind of adorkable in it's own way. The story definitely had heart and it was sweet and flirty, but I wasn't really WOW'd by the characters and their connection and I think I should have. We have a stripper and a programmer ... the adorkable stops there LOL I'm not exactly sure what age group these guys fall into, but the story read very New Adult to me and that rarely works out for me. It's a personal preference so maybe that is why the book didn't WOW me. It wasn't a bad story by ...more
Tanja Kezmic
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I had high hopes before I picked up this book - I’ve read great stuff about Ruth Clamplett and was really excited to get my hands on her books.

Encore:

Charlie is still blaming himself for the deaths of his parents. His sister Sasha who survived the accident but was left in a wheelchair is trying to get him to open up and start living. Roman is a nice guy who suffered in his life and is working on getting the money to open his own dance club.

Something was missing - it was like a ride on a
K
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was really looking forward to another MM book from this author but I am really disappointed with Encore. Charlie comes across as very childish and insecure yet older when he takes care of his sister who is a paraplegic after an accident that resulted in the loss of their parents.

He's also a college graduate who has a very highly skilled and highly paid job but the timeline with his age didn't add up. And the co-workers. I had to go back and make sure I was reading about adults in their
Shannon
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, m-m, 2017, dnf, meh

DNF @ 29%.
I won an arc, but at this point I doubt my rating would go up any if I finished it so I'm just going to close this one out. I may come back at some point and finish it, but for now there are just too many other books out there calling for me to read them.

Jo ReadsRomance
3.5 Stars

"Encore" was a M/M love story that brought together two completely different characters. Charlie was the sensible, slightly nerdy computer guy who needed someone to hold his hand on his journey of sexual awakening and Ramon, who I had already met in "Unforgiven", was the confident and sexy erotic dancer that seemed like the perfect man to help Charlie find his true identity.

"In the presence of this man, I have nothing to fight against,
and everything to surrender to."

I loved the
Rhiannon St. Clair
***I received an ebook copy in exchange for an honest review***

I can’t stop smiling as I write this, because I love Charlie and Ramon’s story so much!

Charlie is a computer programmer in LA. He’s a shy guy, usually keeps to himself, and tries to stay away from the dating scene. When his co-workers drag him out to a bachelorette party one night, at a strip club featuring male dancers, Charlie crosses paths with Ramon, the bartender at the club. Instantly captivated by the gorgeous young guy
books are love
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
more like 3.5 stars
Received in exchange for a honest review.

Liked so much of this but some were meh.

The mob aspect meh. Just not something that was needed to enhance the book. We know that Ramon is in trouble and has a dark past. the trouble alone is interesting but add in the mob in Miami and it gets more complicated than needed.

Charlie is a good character. He has been through alot and you are glad to see him find someone. It was hard to see him feel so disenchanted about his job. He loves his
Jackie Wright
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ruth Clampett is a new author to me and omg what a first book I choose to read by her, I was blown away by this love story and if you love M/M romance this is a must read.
Charlie and Ramon come from very different backgrounds and are very different people, Charlie a shy programmer, Ramon a dancer at a male revue show but as they say opposites attract. Charlie is dragged along to the show by his female work colleagues and the last thing he expects to happen is for him to be pulled up on stage by
Ed Davis
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I listened to this as an audiobook I got from the library.(thank God) I have to say the narrator,Eric Landon, deserves four and a half stars... However, the book was a mess.

Who can like a book where both main characters are so unlikeable? I’ll start with Charlie. He’s supposed to be smart, but he acts like a spoiled third grader. He’s a stalker, which is creepy, and he often acts in a totally irrational way. He gets mad over nothing and is always being jealous for no reason. He also never
Elaine Pilkington
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received an Arc in exchange for an honest review.
Once again Ruth has shown us her undeniable talent for writing the geek that we all want to know.
Encore is a stand alone novel that sweeps you in from the first chapter making it very difficult indeed to put down. It's fast paced chapters are filled with emotion, humour & compassion so beautifully written.
As with all Ruth's other books Encore is based in LA & I love how she succeeds in making the city as central to the book as the
Dara Nelson
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-blog
Parts of this story I adored. Charlie was sweet and smart and nerdy and hot and naive. While Ramon was, well, hot of course but there were things he did that confused me. I mean, he was smart enough to get his college degrees and yet he was so stupid when it came to Miami. Why? I get that he was stubborn when it came to opening his club on his own. But there's stubborn and then there's stupid, and he crossed that line several times. It was frustrating for me. But, overall this was a good story, ...more
Debbie
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are so many levels of awesomeness in this book, I'm not sure where to start. Ms. Clampett has written another winner. This book is not just a beautiful love story with depth and incredible characters, but in essence an ode to LA! I can't wait to see what comes next!
Michelle Rodriguez
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

Encore is Ms. Clampett’s second book in the m/m genre. Many may or may not know, but Unforgiven was the first m/m Ruth Clampett wrote. For those of you that read Unforgiven, Encore is not as emotionally charged.

Charlie is a quiet and shy computer programmer, he’s also the sole caregiver to his younger sister, Sasha. Charlie somehow gets convinced to go to an all-male revue by his female co-workers.

While getting a very sexy dance from a beautiful girl, he’s not really feeling it until she
Girlfriend
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
Okay. First things first. Disclaimer: I DNF. I was flicking pages at 60%, gave up and closed the cover at 80%. Second disclaimer: Reviews are subjective and to each their own. The only book prior to Encore of Ruth Clampetts' that I've read was Unforgiven, a brilliant, angst filled dramatic love story. So, so good. So imagine my delight when a new M/M of hers novel hit the shelves.
Yeah, not so much.
So disappointed with this newest addition to her library. I was reading it and by chapter two I was
Leann
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Tanja
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good love story about two men who couldn’t be more different. Charlie is a software programmer, a bit of a geek, who is dragged into a nightclub where one of his co-workers is having her bachelorette party. He has never had a boyfriend, isn’t even out, but he falls head over heels for Ramon, the sexy bartender/dancer. Ramon isn’t looking for a guy as he is still grieving over his lover’s death, but in Charlie, he sees something different.
This story is written in the present tense and I have to
Les Joseph
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
*rounded up to 3.5 stars*

I've never read anything by author Ruth Clampett before, though I have heard of her, and when I saw this book, I knew that Encore would be the perfect place to start. A shy, nerdy guy, a stripper ... sign me up! The cover might have had something to do with it, too, because, did you see it? Nice, right? I'm all about opposites attracting and what could be more opposite than a geek and a stripper? Encore was a pleasant surprise. A sweet romance that has it's very steamy
Renee
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Charlie is a shy programmer who is dragged out to a male revue show in Hollywood by his co-workers. The last thing he expects though is to be pulled on stage by one of the hottest guys he has ever seen in his life. When Ramon dances for Charlie bringing him the greatest pleasure he has ever know, something awakens in Charlie that can not be denied. However heated attraction only goes so far and Charlie
Romance Readers Retreat
I'm going to say straight off that while I enjoy this authors books and her style of descriptive writing there is something that I can't put my finger on that stops me feeling fully connected with her characters. I feel like something is being held back and at times find them a little too much of the stereotype gay best friend trope. I'm hoping that with experience with the author I find I move past that opinion.

So onto the book. Charlie is a typical awkward geeky type working in the tech
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Up for the Challenge
  • Of Sunlight and Stardust
  • Cocky (Cocky, #1)
  • Living Out Loud (Free Fall #4)
  • The Doctor's Secret (Copper Point Medical #1)
  • Chase in Shadow (Johnnies, #1)
  • Broken Pieces (Broken Pieces, #1)
  • Touch the Sky (Free Fall #1)
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • The World as He Sees It (Perspectives #2)
  • Between Sinners and Saints
  • The Weight of It All
  • Jagged Edge
  • Pinned (SSU Boys, #1)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Two (Spencer Cohen, #2)
  • Someone to Call My Own (Road to Blissville, #2)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)
Ruth Clampett is a 21st century woman, aspiring to be Wonder Woman…now if she could only find her cape and magic lasso. Meanwhile she’s juggling motherhood, a full-time job running her own art business, and writing romance late at night. Travel is her second obsession after writing, and it’s enabled her to meet reader and writer friends all over the world. She’s happily frazzled, and wouldn’t ...more