Start by marking “Beg, Borrow or Steal” as Want to Read:
Beg, Borrow or Steal

Beg, Borrow or Steal

Jamie is proud of everything he’s achieved. A consultant anaesthetist and the Medical Education Director – he’s a pretty big deal. So when one of his medical students falls asleep, right in the middle of a tutorial, he is furious. He’s a bloody good teacher, damn it!

Maybe he could have been a little more understanding. Maybe he didn’t have to try and humiliate her. But
Published September 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Beg, Borrow or Steal, please sign up.
Susie Tate HI there! Millie and Pav's book Limits is out for pre-order now and will be released on the 5th April x

Start your review of Beg, Borrow or Steal
Annika
description

No! What the hell? I can't seriously be the only one who found this book questionable, can I?

I've been struggling with this for two and a half months now, only picking it up again today to finally get it over with.
The sad thing is, this actually had potential. An interesting premise. An independent, young single mom heroine. Witty supporting characters. And even the writing was really nice.

Alas, then HE came along. The „hero“ aka Jamie, aka manipulative, controlling asshat. Those of you who read
Bev
This one really surprised me, in a good way. Loved the plot, the writing style, brilliant characters - who doesn't love witnessing an alphahole do a 180 and eat crow, and a couple of side characters that have me totally intrigued (I'm looking at you Pav and Millie)!

I did have a couple of niggles though, I think the one fade to black sex scene let the book down a bit. Whilst full on erotica was not needed, I really did need to see some sort of connection between Jamie and Libby. My other niggle
Nildene
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, arcs
This was a cute and quick read that still had the cute, romantic and dramatic intensity that made me gush and jump around and just keep reading (hello, I only started it a few hours ago and it’s 2AM now sooo...)

Full review to come during waking hours but I absolutely loved Rosie, oh my gosh was she adorable. And if (view spoiler)

AND YAAAS MILLIE (sorry I just can’t wait to get my hands on her
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
First - thanks to my GR buddy Alexa for turning me on to this author and notifying me of this new release. When Alexa messaged me that a new book from Susie Tate was scheduled for release, I was excited. I liked Tate's previous books that I've read (I think all of them:)) I have left the author messages indicating that I liked her books. She asked if I would like an advanced copy - even though she knows I am stingy in my star ratings:) What author in their right mind would want me to review one ...more
Snow

ah, this story made me twist and turn and fill with mixed feels all over...

At first, i liked the premise, a 22 year old medical student and a single mother trying to cope with the twists and hardships of juggling the parenting and self-education while also doing her very best at making a better life and childhood for her 4 year old daughter, as she works at the men's club dancing...and then, it all kinda gets complicated when she falls asleep at the lectures...and one and only Dr Grantham won't
maggieandteddy
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hero-is-a-doctor
I briefly read the book blurb. I love this trope. Professor/student relationship. Sort of. The H, Jamie is a Doctor in a teaching medical center near London, He's in charge of the medical students on rotation in various specialties.
Libby, as the detail blurb explains is in her 3 year of medical school. She's exhausted from working at night in addition to her studies and clinical work at the hospital.
Insta-attraction but both fight it. LIbby is described as gorgeous and Jamie is tall, handsome,
KatieV
Another enjoyable outing with Susie Tate. She is a doctor, so her hospital based romances have a true ring to them. This story was more polished as far as editing. The only niggle was that the little girl, while adorable, acted more like a 7-8 year old than a 4 year old. I suppose an older child didn't work with her timeline of a young med student.

Basic plot. Libby is a 22 year old med student from a working class background. She got pregnant at 17 after a disappointing tryst with the "cool boy
Vintage
This was so much fun!

Same author as Sticks and Stones with its questionable AH hero, but well done female characters. Here Jamie the heroine is asingle mother-medical student that performs a unique burlesque act at a strip joint. When I say “unique” I don’t mean kinky unless it’s kinky NOT to take your clothes off at a strip joint.

Jamie is strong willed and ]kickass. One of the reviews called her a little too good to be true, but how refreshing to read a female character that doesn’t whine and
Marianna
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
You can find this review and more on my blog!

I did not expect this.

I honestly thought this would be a mediocre romance blah blah blah. Thank God I was wrong, this was anything but mediocre!

This is a romance novel. It follows Libby as she struggles to get her medical degree while raising a kid by herself. The thing I immensely liked is that even though this is a romance novel as I said, it is not all about love and rainbows. It deals with some pretty heavy
Daniela (Daniela Nina Reads)
From the synopsis, I expected this was going to be a steamy new adult contemporary with a naughty tone, which was a wrong assumption because it was more on the cute and heart-warming side. (Not one proper sex scene, though, which was slightly disappointing, haha.)

We follow Libby, a 22-year-old medical student with a 4-year-old daughter, and her daily struggles to juggle her studies (now taking place in a hospital), raising her kid and working weekends to make ends meet. Her path crosses with
Rachel K
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 - 4 stars

I've read a few Susie Tate books and have mostly enjoyed them. This one was just as engaging but I struggled with the same thing I have with the others: the hero. He's not all bad, and I totally believed in the HEA by the end. My only problem is he was such a judgemental piece of shit that I wanted to smack him upside the head several times over. How many chances does one guy get? Just because he had such a cushy life and has no idea what it means to struggle, doesn't mean he gets
A
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
I got an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review :) this was my first ever story written by this author, and what a wonderful start it turned out to be :) I really loved it and ultimately gave it 4,5 stars :) it's a standalone, but here and there you can catch glimpses about a possible couple in a future book... which is then confirmed in a sneak peek at the very end of this story :) but more about that in a second... because for now, let's concentrate on our main ...more
Alison
I love Susie Tate's Broken Heart novels and couldn't believe my luck when I saw this one available on NetGalley - a rabid dog couldn't have lunged harder than I did for that request button! Susie writes humorous romances set against the backdrop of British hospitals, as a General Practitioner she knows her stuff and her novels are full of medical terms and puns - but please don't let that put you off because she can also be knicker-wettingly funny.

Jamie Grantham is a young successful
Raine
Great story, but had trouble with the foreign slang

Libby is a medical student and is struggling keeping awake in her studies because she has a 4 year old daughter and is also dancing on the weekends to survive financially. Jamie is the instructor and finds Libby asleep a few times as he is trying to teach her and this makes him need that he embarrasses her in front of her classmates and colleagues.

The story was really good, but the reason I didn't give this one a higher rating is because I
Jacqueline
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5

Pretty to but the wheels fell off towards the end for me, too ott.
Complete story and available on ku.
Lisa Aiello
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I somehow managed to read Susie Tate's second book, Limits, before reading this one, so I already knew of this couple, Jamie and Libby, and adorable little Rosie, who is precious and precocious beyond words. Still, their story was quite enjoyable. I didn't find our hero to be an over the top jerk, but he sure had his moments!! And there wasn't a lot of sexy in this book - although that's not always a necessity. It was a sweet, simple, heart-warming romance.
Jeannie Zelos
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beg, Borrow or Steal, Susie Tate

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: New Adult, Romance

A new to me author so came into this read expecting from the cover a light and fun romance, and it is, but with a sharp dose of the harsh realities of life as a single mother too.

Advice for would be authors is always write what you know, and Susie's medical background certainly shows here, not to the point I was boggled by terminology but just that the reality for the settings and the characters was
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
I adored this book, a young mum's struggle to do anything and everything she can to give her child the life and future she deserves, even if that means burning the candle at both ends. Libby wasn't living the life she had planned, but she was living the life she had been dealt and she made sure that her daughter wanted for nothing. Holding down jobs while putting herself through medical school was exhausting and at some point she was going to burn out.

This is kind of a student/teacher and while
Marta
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
See full review on my blog: https://starstoconstellations.wordpre...

This is my first Susie Tate book. What drew me in about it was definitely its medical setting, but I did not expect to like it as much as I did. This year I have been going into books not expecting much and I believe that has actually worked in my favour because I find myself finishing every book surprised.

For my debut novel of this author, I couldn’t be more happy with the result. Her writing style is beautiful, simple,
Nikki
I really enjoyed this tale of a struggling single mum doing everything she can for her beloved daughter. Despite being really young and naive when she had her daughter, Libby promised herself she would move heaven and earth for her daughter to have every chance to have a great start in life, she pays for dance lesson, swimming, you name it; Libby makes sure she wants for nothing.
Putting herself through medical school, looking after her daughter and trying to stay awake during her lectures prove
Clahh
Jan 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
So... This was bad. I usually read fluffy romances in about a day, but this got me struggling very hard to finish.
My problem with this book is that it doesn't have a conflict. The protagonist is perfect to an unbearable level (star wars curse words? come on) and everyone around her just magically falls in love with her (a character even mentions this to her at some point).
Her daughter is just a spoiled annoying brat and without any limits whatsoever - and are we supposed to find this endearing?
Lorie
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was surprisingly wonderful. I couldn't put this down. I was so caught up in it. It's been a while since I've been so taken with a book.

I'm going to be brutally honest here though. If it weren't for the captivating blurb I would have totally passed on this one because the cover is an awful turn off. It sort of cheapens the story for me, and Libby's story is anything but.

If you judge a book by its cover, don't with this one or you'll miss out on a charming and engaging story.
VEL
4.5 Bloody Vard stars!!

Great quirky, strong stubborn, single mum facing off against a drop dead gorgeous, consultant anaesthetist and Medical education director!! Add to the mix a devilish bright young 4 year old, who keeps you giggling with her quirky side too!!

A great book with another author going on my favourite list!
Alexa
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Recieved from the Author in exchange for an hounest review **

I have just reread this book, and I realised that I hadn't left a review on GR! So here it is:

Susie Tate is an amazing writer. She has a real skill in bringing her characters to life using great dialogue and mannerisms.
The plot is a standard prejudice/class-divide romance, and is well constructed with relevant sub-plots and side characters. My favorite character overall is Rosie, the heroine's four year old daughter. She is
Vicky
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I’ve not read any of Susie Tate’s books before, but I was feeling whimsical and in need of a little romance, so I picked up Beg, Borrow or Steal over the weekend.
The result? There were things I really liked about this book, and things that I really hated. The book is a romance, and it follows Libby, a 21-year-old medical student and single mother who is struggling to support her child, and who makes money in her spare time by being a stripper. When she meets Jamie, her older tutor, who clashes
Coco.V
Apr 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (4/6/2018)! ...more
Ann
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great book, I loved this one
Christine Hill
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This review, along with a giveaway, is on my blog: http://www.loveserially.wordpress.com

Overall Rating: 4 (sXe)

Quick & Dirty summary: Libby will do anything to achieve her dreams. The fact that her dreams are centered on giving her daughter a wonderful life with a mom she can be proud of is not a secret. What is a secret from everyone except her best friend is how Libby is supporting her daughter and paying her medical
Margo
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Susie Tate's writing. She always puts the stories in a medical setting and it adds to the story by creating clear dilemmas and challenges for her protagonists to face.

This book differs somewhat from earlier books -- most notably, there aren't things that made me think the heroine should move on from the hero (Dylan's behavior to Lou was terrible, for example, and I couldn't stand what Katie went through at Sam's hands, although Sam had a good excuse and was clearly devoted to
TongieGirl
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long minute since I've taken the time to write a book review...BUT, I had to take a moment to tell everyone about this book...
I loved this story!! Libby Rocks! She does it all...mother, medical student and "stripper"(I use that term loosely). She's such a strong woman and doesn't apologize for her "hustle". Beg, Borrow, or Steal...whatever she needs to do to create a better future for her daughter. And, I soo admire that!! I was mentally cheering, Go Girl! Do you!
Jamie might
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wrecked
  • The Golden Hour
  • The Red Zone
  • Shielding His Baby (Deuces Wild, #3)
  • Sordid Empire (The Forbidden Royals Trilogy, #3)
  • Breathe
  • The Secret Ingredient
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Locked Out
  • Only the Positive (Only You, #1)
  • In Her Candy Jar (Svensson Brothers #1)
  • Perfectly Played
  • One Percent of You
  • Growling For My Mate (Ash Mountain Pack Book 1)
  • Belle's Secret (Outback Brides Book 2)
  • The Heavier The Chains...
  • Beth's Stable (Stolen by an Alien, #6)
  • The Omega Prize (The Legion Omegas #1)
Susie Tate is a general practitioner and when she's not working she's looking after her four yummy boys under five (okay, well one is actually over thirty-five but it's the mental age that counts!). Before becoming a GP she worked her way through a fair few hospital specialities including A&E, general medicine, elderly care, cardiology, general and orthopaedic surgery and psychiatry.
Maybe