Start by marking “My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel” as Want to Read:
My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel

My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel

The romance novel that lets you pick your path, follow your heart, and find happily ever after.

You are the plucky but penniless heroine in the center of ninteenth-century society, courtship season has begun, and your future is at hand. Will you flip forward fetchingly to find love with the bantering baronet Sir Benedict Granville? Or turn the page to true love with the har
Published April 3rd 2018 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about My Lady's Choosing, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Tara It was supposed to be a parody of the "instalove" romance trope. So the instalove element was exaggerated. If you read it as a parody, it's hilarious,…moreIt was supposed to be a parody of the "instalove" romance trope. So the instalove element was exaggerated. If you read it as a parody, it's hilarious, but it's not meant to be taken at face value. (less)

Yusra  ✨
Apr 11, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
the amount of books that have pissed me off bc of the main character’s romantic decisions... the list can go on. this book is a blessing? because now the power is in my hands 🙃
Carmen
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ANYONE; Especially romance readers; Nenia Campbell
You rush to tend to Lord Craven, who has collapsed at the foot of your bed in a fashion both manly and vulnerable. You manage to tug down the neckline of your nightdress ever so, in order to ensure that the tops of your womanly orbs glow attractively in the moonlight.

Delightful, hilarious - I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves romance.

Not because it is a 'great romance novel' but because it lovingly and cheerfully skewers and parodies romance in the funniest ways.

You can choose
Danika at The Lesbrary
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was super fun! A choose-your-own-adventure romance with a lady love interest option? Yes, please. I expected to just go the queer route, but I ended up exploring pretty much all of the options, because they all had their own plots/mysteries, which were intriguing.
Jen
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Who, of a certain age, doesn't look at a "choose-your-own-adventure" book with a certain wistful nostalgia? Who is now into historical romances?

Who didn't know that one could combine the two and come up with literary (or humorous at least) gold?

I didn't know that, but this book has taught me something. That bosoms heaving and Scots who perpetually manage to lose their shirts can be delivered in a down-right hysterical fashion.

I love Regency era romances, but they can be rather formulaic. This
Annie
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lol. What to say about this one.

The writing itself . . . uhhhhhhh . . . left something to be desired. But let’s face it: this is a choose-your-own adventure romance novel. It’s the potato chips of literature. Were we expecting the leafy greens of Dickens when we bit into it?

It aggressively makes fun of terrible romance novels, and sometimes it was funny, othertimes just cringeworthily awkward.

Some highlights (or, rather, lowlights):

—-There is a character named Fabian de Mangepoussey. Yes. Th
CaseyTheCanadianLesbrarian
WOW. This choose-your-own-adventure historical romance novel was awesome. From witty banter with a Darcy-esque aristocrat to pirate adventures in Egypt with your lesbian lover to do-gooding with a rogue Scotsman to paranormal intrigue with Lord Craven aka Rochester, all the plotlines were creative and most of all side-splittingly funny. This book had me laughing out loud many times. It hits the perfect spot between a genuine homage to and affectionate parody of the genre. I loved it! Definitely ...more
Monica
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read through a couple timeline options and had fun with that experience and the novelty of it even if the writing wasn’t my fave. I’ll definitely be coming back to try out other plot options in the future.
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

DNF

GR Ultimate Summer Reading Challenge-Childhood Reboot. Part of this book was also reading during Jude the epic readers read-a-thon.

I just wasn’t a fan of this. While I did find some parts humorous, the rest I found to be really awkward. And it sort of made me uncomfortable.

Overall this wasn’t for me. I think you have to acquire a certain taste for these types of books. So I’ll leave it up to you.
Wiebke (1book1review)
This was a blast to read. I had so much fun with the characters and different storylines and also the play on words.
Elena Salvatore
When I found out about this book I was very excited. I have never read a book that had an interactive story before, so I couldn't wait for it to come out and to start reading it.

To say that this book left me disappointed would be an understatement.
description

I dnf'd it long before I got to read all the endings but the ones I did manage to read had all the same progress. Meet-Instant attraction-Sassy back and forth-More attraction despite the disliking-Following them somewhere-Insta Love-Happy Ending.
description

Honest
Cyndi
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much fun! It is a ‘choose-your-own-adventure’ type romance. Depending on what you choose the story ends up with different routes to the happily ever after. It has a lot of the various usual romantic story ideas but they are twisted around to be sarcastically funny. Lots of fun because you can finally choose what you want the characters to do.
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
3.5 Stars

It has been a long time since I have read a “choose-your-own-adventure” book. My Lady’s Choosing by Kitty Curran and Larissa Zageris is an historical romance that is a humorous and engaging book of stories that allows the reader to decide the path of the book. There is a plethora of interesting characters to meet in this unique novel, however the sexual innuendos become a little bit too much.

Full review on The Candid Cover
 dianneugh
Apr 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
sounds pretty cool I guess
Stephanie
I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

I love the concept of this book so much. I have very fond memories of the Choose Your Own Adventure books from childhood and I love the idea of it for adults.

If you are unfamiliar with the choose your own adventure concept, it is set up so that at the end of every scene you are given a choice of how you would like to proceed (which potential suitor you’d like to meet, whether to continue a conversation or walk away, whet
Andrew Shaffer
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This "choose your own adventure"-style romance novel is the perfect beach read, because it's not just one book--it's several, all under a single cover. Depending on what path you take, you (the plucky heroine) could end up with the fetching bachelor Sir Benedict Granville...the hardworking Irishman Captain Angus McTaggart...or, in my case, Ollie, a somewhat-dull ex-flame. Now I have to re-read My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel to see if I can hook up with a REAL romance hero.
Hannah
This was AMAZING. An absolute riot of laughs filled with your favourite historical romance tropes in a choose-your-own-adventure setting. Each page is filled with quips and sass and while it's over the top, it's totally meant to be a complete exaggeration on all the tropes you find in #hisro. (which some people in the reviews seem to have forgotten...)

I've done one track with Sir Benedict Granville, and I'm excited to try the others. They're short and sweet, and had me giggling with laughter all
Ambur
I went through MY LADY'S CHOOSING and tried out three different versions of the story, and I absolutely loved every single one! I've always been a fan of "Choose Your Own Adventure" stories, and I love, love, LOVE romance, so this was right up my alley! I loved that it didn't take itself seriously and that the authors had so much fun with the genre and with various tropes/stories that they were inspired by. It was a blast to read and you could tell they had a lot of fun putting it all together! ...more
Allie
- a plucky, curious bisexual heroine in Victorian London
- who enjoys sex and has lots of it with beautiful people
- and goes on adventures in Scotland, Egypt, the moors, and the seedy streets of London
- with the options to romance Mr. Darcy, Jamie Fraser, and Edward Rochester- alikes or a spirited lady Egyptologist
- and stories containing ghosts, werewolves, revenge, lady pirates, spirited orphans, handsome scots, secret spy rings, and demonic promises
- and all the endings are happy for our h
Flavia
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun! I had seen these choose your own adventure type books around for a few years now, but always felt too intimidated to pick any of them up. I’m not sure why? Maybe I thought that I would get confused or frustrated by the formatting. But I’m so glad that I decided to read and review My Lady’s Choosing, because not only was the formatting fun to follow, but the writing was also funny and satirical! I burst out laughing quite a few times, while making my way through the sto ...more
Eileen (BookCatPin)
I've never read an interactive story before so it was really refreshing to try to picture myself as the main character in a book. My Lady's Choosing is a hilarious love story with no shortage of swoons and eye rolls.

The book starts off introducing you to yourself and a couple other leading figures. Maybe because of my love for historical settings I found I was able to comfortably settle myself into the role. The instructions were easy to follow and even humourous to read. I liked that you never
rachael ♡
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, historical, romance
This is hilarious and full of so much trashy romance tropey fun. It embraces the ridiculousness of so many historical romance novels and runs with it - with a bunch of winks along the way.

One of the best parts about this interactive novel is that it isn't exclusively heteronormative and full of white people. Basically, follow your heart's desire and you will get to a ridiculous love interest of your Regency era dreams!

I would have given this 5 stars for just how much it gives you what its adver
Dina
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth the purchase price for the metaphors alone.
Ana
Before reading this, make sure you're in the right mood. I stopped halfway through the first adventure and came back to the book later when I could enjoy the humor.
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
4.5 stars!

What an absolute joy to read! I will not stop singing the praises of this book... choose your own adventure for the adults! I spent so much time wondering who would be better for me... the rugged Scott or the witty Lord? So many choices! Masterfully done and full of wonderful laugh inducing snark. I want to read more from these authors.

**Thank you to the publisher for sending me a Finished Copy to review!**

---------

Full review can be found here: https://agingerlyreview.wordpress.com...
Carrie
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved choose your own adventure stories as a kid, so I was tickled to find this in a bookstore one day. It's a lot of fun. The influences of Austen and the Brontes are especially apparent, and Curran and Zageris manage to pay homage to our love for these tropes without making fun of the genre. I've reached a handful of endings so far, but I'll definitely pick it up again in the future to see what other outcomes there are!

[Slight update because I keep thinking about this:] I keep thinking about
Lauren James
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia
Super, super cute. Love that one of the storylines is f/f! Its very silly good fun and an outrageous historical romp.
evie
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
this book made me so soft.

This gave me a lesbian adventure-loving girlfriend to explore the world with a bunch of lady pirates, I'm so soft
Dianna
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
In the delightfully funny ‘My Lady’s Choosing’ the reader has control of the heroine, and can steer her through various romantic adventures, doing Gothic things or Scottish things or Egyptology things or whatever the Benedict pathway is. Snarky Regency? It was all great.
The authors pack in a lot of tropes and snortable turns of phrases, especially when you decide to permit the heroes be to be a complete hussy. Really enjoyed this book, and wouldn’t mind at all if CYOR became a valid sub-genre.
Mayda
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The great thing about this romance novel? If you don’t like the way it ended, just go back for a re-do! You are the main character in the book, and there are several supporting characters to choose from, to accompany you on your journey towards love. You discover the man you chose turned out to be a scoundrel, or worse, a bore? Just go back to the beginning and vow to do better, because, after all, love is lovelier the second time around. This well put together book is great fun and loads of ent ...more
Sheila
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
3 stars--I liked the book.

This is a choose-your-own-adventure romance, and it's very tongue-in-cheek, using all the tropes of the genre. In fact, it's perhaps a bit too self-aware. The comedy gets a bit too smug at times, and I wasn't a fan of the second-person narration.

Still, it's fun to make your own choices, there's a good variety of romantic paths, and I was pleasantly surprised that your character can end up in a relationship with another woman. A fun, light diversion for romance fans.
  • Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt
  • The Mystic Marriage (Alpennia, #2)
  • The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla (Pink Carnation, #11)
  • Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1)
  • A Promise Given (Henrietta and Inspector Howard #3)
  • Tycoon (The Knickerbocker Club, #0.5)
  • The Duke I Tempted (Secrets of Charlotte Street, #1)
  • Lords of Passion
  • Band Sinister
  • Danse de la Folie
  • The Joy of Cookies: Cookie Monster's Guide to Life
  • Of White Snakes & Misshaped Owls (Charlotte Olmes Mystery #1)
  • The Custodian of Marvels (Fall of the Gas-Lit Empire, #3)
  • Deadline (Harrietta Lee, #1)
  • Naamah
  • Let It Shine
  • Echoes of Sherlock Holmes: Stories Inspired by the Holmes Canon
  • Withering-By-Sea (A Stella Montgomery Intrigue, #1)