Start by marking “A McClendon Thanksgiving (The McClendon Holiday Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
A McClendon Thanksgiving (The McClendon Holiday Series, #1)

A McClendon Thanksgiving

(The McClendon Holiday Series #1)

Fashion designer Faith McClendon is back in Chicago to start over. She put her promising career on hold for too long, and she’s ready to get back in the game. She’s not willing to put her heart on the line again—it’s still far too bruised from her failed marriage for that, so when a renewed childhood friendship starts to make her think about second chances at love, she’s m ...more
Paperback
Published September 11th 2017 by Entangled Publishing. LLC (Bliss) (first published October 20th 2015)

Elaine
Growing up as best friends, this is a delectable story of daring to move on from friends to more when a second chance to do so arrives. It is also about putting past hurts aside to risk rejection in the hope of finding your HEA with the one you love. There are also elements of learning to forgive yourself and moving on in this thoroughly enjoyable romance. It is well written, with plenty of angst and regrets.

Faith McClendon basically gave up her own dreams and her best friend to help her undeser
Krystal
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel started off strong and had many cute moments. It was easy to see the depth of the bonds between the two main characters and their family members were relatable as well.
Reading in Black & White
Faith is the main character and she is someone that many women can relate to. She had devoted her life to her husband, helping him to accomplish his career goals to only have him leave her for someone else. She moves back to Chicago to not only be closer to her family, but more importantly to find herself again.

Faith kissed his mouth. "Yes, he did destroy my trust and my faith in men. All that was true, so what you picked up on was correct. But you restored that and I am so happy that you loved
Shone
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
I was so happy to see another book by Sean. A very touching story of lost lost, love found and forgiveness of ones self. Once you learn to forgive yourself life moves on. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Isha Coleman
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
A McClendon Thanksgiving (McClendon Holiday) by Sean D. Young
I fell in love with the McClendon brood at first book.  Ms. Young extended a ready invitation into the workings of a family.  Despite the flaws and dysfunction, the bond is strong and love permeates the dynamics.  A McClendon Thanksgiving is a friends to lovers story with a new beginning thrown in for good measure.  Big dreams led Faith to NYC, heartache brought her back home.  Will a renewed friendship, bring her the love of a lifet
Ava Smith-forrest
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanksgiving

This is a love story that shows love can last through the test of times. Michael and Faith's love went through bell and high water. Yet it ended with love everlasting.
Elizabeth Neal
Faith, a fashion designer, is ready to put herself first for once, and her failed marriage behind her. She's back in Chicago and ready to start phase two of her life. She's also renewing her friendship with Michael, friends since childhood, they had drifted apart as some do. However, though her heart is off limits, at least that's what she keeps telling herself, it can't help but see Michael in a different light.

Michael, a photographer, had his heart captured by Faith long ago, but they remained
Tamara Evans
This was a good book about the power of friendship and the ability to become independent. Faith McClendon has recently moved back to Chicago after her marriage ends and is trying to rebuild both her low self esteem and create a new life for herself by starting a business. Her best friend Michael is sad about the end of her marriage yet happy because he has secretly been in love with her since they were teens.

As Faith settles into life in Chicago, her and Michael rekindle their friendship and eve
Lorice
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
Bec_BookMagicReviews

Faith McClendon is returning home after her marriage fell apart. Determined to focus solely on her career as a fashion designer, Faith never imagined she'd have a chance to repair her friendship with her best friend, Michael Montgomery. But when Michael tells Faith how he feels about her, will she give him a chance or will she break his heart all over again like she did when she got married?

This is the first book I've read by this author, and it's a book encompassing the friends to lovers trope;
Regina
Nov 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book could have been a good story, but it is poor in so many aspects, it could be used in a writing class for how not to write a romance story. An instructor could use this and task students to write passages over not making the ton of mistakes found in this book. That would be its redeeming value.

The dialogue does not ring true. Telling too much instead of showing. The over use of the word elegant (an example of telling and not showing). Details about mundane things that have no relevance
Lori
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The thing I liked best about this story was the strong family aspect it has on both Faith's side and Michael's side. Both sets of parents were ultra supportive and encouraging while Faith and Michael developed their relationship. It was sweet the way he pursued Faith, refusing to let her slip away again. They had such a natural and real connection from friends to lovers. He was so tender and gentle with Faith, absolutely perfect for what she needed at this time in her life. This was just a beaut ...more
Pamela Gibson
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Faith has gone home to Chicago to recover from a disastrous marriage. Her best friend Mike wants to help, but she's not quite ready for the type of help he wants to give her. This is a wonderful friends to lovers story with a real zinger at the end.

What sets this book apart for me is the crisp, detailed writing of Sean D. Young. Her descriptions of food made my mouth water. The gorgeous gowns she described made want to go out an buy them. Her scenes with family members put me right into their mi
Bette Hansen
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story of going home, finding your true self, rekindling old friendships, and finding new love. The story is packed full of emotion and I just fell in love with these characters. Faith's resistance to love again and Michael's determination and patience made for a great combination. This story left me with a smile on my face and hope in my heart. I definitely recommend it to everyone.
Ellowyn
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book even though it appeared to be a little slow for me. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
Ann (Fanni Ann)
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This was a nice and sweet romance between two friends

I received an ARC from Netgalley and voluntarily leave my opinion
Mamafishy
Sep 20, 2018
Sharon
Nov 07, 2015
A McClendon Thanksgiving 1 5 Jan 21, 2016 09:14AM

The McClendon Holiday Series (4 books)
  • The Christmas Promise (The McClendon Holiday Series, #2)
  • Be My Valentine (The McClendon Holiday Series)
  • A Husband by New Year's