Start by marking “Lifeline” as Want to Read:
Lifeline

Lifeline

Popular high school senior Eli Ross has the perfect life. He’s captain of the lacrosse team at LionsHeart Academy, and he’s dating Savannah, the hottest, most popular girl at school. But that life comes crashing down when he overdoses at a party and is sent to LakeShore Recovery Center, an inpatient substance abuse treatment program where he’ll spend the next twenty-eight ...more
Published April 7th 2018 by Tiny Fox Press

To ask other readers questions about Lifeline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lifeline

Start your review of Lifeline
Kat
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you to NetGalley and Tiny Fox Press for allowing me to read and review this raw, riveting book about drug addiction. Abbey Lee Nash’s writing is captivating, very tight pacing with lovely prose. I devoured this in less than 24 hours. It’s nice, clean storytelling that keeps you riveted as you move through Eli’s heartbreaking story of drug addiction and his road to recovery.

Much of the action takes place in a recovery facility, and her scenes between Eli and his therapist were some of my
Up All Night With Books
**ARC received in exchange for an honest review**

We all know someone that has struggled with addiction, it could be a friend, family member or a random stranger. We may know the trials they go through to get better, but do we really know what it takes to overcome? Abbey Lee Nash hits the nail on the head with her debut novel Lifeline.

While dealing with such a strong topic such as addiction and substance abuse, this book keeps it real while also telling how hard it is for some people to overcome.
Valerie
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
!!I received an ARC of Lifeline by Abbey Lee Nash from NetGalley in return for an honest review!!

Popular high school senior Eli Ross has the perfect life. He’s captain of the lacrosse team at LionsHeart Academy, and he’s dating Savannah, the hottest, most popular girl at school. But that life comes crashing down when he overdoses at a party and is sent to LakeShore Recovery Center, an inpatient substance abuse treatment program where he’ll spend the next twenty-eight days.

It's there that Eli
Fatima Ahmed
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

THIS BOOK SHOULD BE READ MORE.

I loved this book soooo much. Right from the start, I was sucked right in. Many times throughout the book, I would just find myself on the brink of tears, even in the beginning.

I enjoyed everything about this book; the writing style, Eli's character, the plot, basically everything! The writing style was just truly wonderful.
Tina
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
am rating this book 4 stars because it tackles a difficult subject - substance and recovery and does it, for the most part, well.

The first few chapters are extremely well written and the reader jumps right into the action, as we sit with the main character who immediately shows us, via his actions, that he is a full fledged junkie, even if he is a Lacrosse star.

The honest look at addiction and recovery is also well done as we are transported to rehab with Elie.. Once in rehab, Elie must learn
meep
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I actually really liked this book. It is about an all american teen who is a lacrosse player, who is dating a blonde cheerleader type & is the life of a party but he has one problem. addiction. He gets sent to rehab where he discovers himself and a dark family secret. Anyways i am bad at writing blurbs but i found myself tearing up a bit when he fell to rock bottom. Eli was a very down to earth relateable character who often puts his foot in his mouth when he is upset. I liked the writing ...more
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Book Review
Title: Lifeline
Author: Abbey Lee Nash
Genre: YA/Mental health
Rating: *****
Review: The opening to Lifeline was good we are introduced to Eli a school jock on the lacrosse team after he lands the first win of the season, while he projects the image of the All-American lad he is actually taking drugs or performance enhancer to get through training and exams without falling behind in anything. It is clear from the format of this novel which is told in hours and days that things aren’t
Joshualyn Prater
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy from netgalley for my honest review, so thank you netgalley and publishers for offering me this book!
This story is a about a Popular high school senior Eli Ross who has the perfect life. He's captain of the lacrosse team at LionsHeart Academy, and he's dating Savannah, the hottest, most popular girl at school. But that life comes crashing down when he overdoses at a party and is sent to LakeShore Recovery Center, an inpatient substance abuse treatment program where he'll
Jantine
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy through Netgalley in return for an honest review.

It is hard to describe why I like this book so much. I know the plot is not very original. It would have been better without the love-interest-drama. Still, it got me reading it all at once. I found the characters very interesting, especially since they were not perfect. They were not 'magickally healed' by their oh so perfect shrinks and their wonderful insights. They fell, and kind of expected to fall again, but they did
JC
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This story is about the reality of addiction. There were raw emotions in here that show how hard saying you need help and that you have an addiction. I've learned a lot from this book and am happy to have read a story on such topic.
Audrey
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalleys
This review is based on an ARC of Lifeline which I received courtesy of NetGalley and the publisher (Tiny Fox Press).

The plot of Lifeline is cliché and overused. We have all read a book like this.

(view spoiler)
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Gretchen
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abbey Lee Nash's debut novel Lifeline is an emotionally charged read that goes a long way towards explaining the allure of addiction and the all-too circuitous path out of the pain. Eighteen-year-old Eli Ross doesn’t appear to have a bad life: captain of the prep school lacrosse team, fetching blond girlfriend, lots of admiring friends, and a nice-enough mom. Sure, his dad is dead and he’s saddled with an eager stepfather and a pesky half-brother who adores him too much. Trouble is, Eli feels ...more
Ana
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
First things, first. I received this as a review copy for free and I am here to leave my honest opinion.

Lifeline takes us through the journey of rehab with Eli. Eli had a perfect life. Perfect girlfriend, picture perfect family, great school, captain of the school's lacrosse team. He was the poster child of popular jock. Everything was mostly perfect until a single night ruined it all for Eli and landed him stuck at rehab two hours away from home. Eli has to survive the 28 days in rehab or quit
Dayle (the literary llama)
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I have a bit of a soft spot for YA stories dealing with mental health and/or addiction, so it was easy for me say yes and jump into LIFELINE. Here’s what I liked about the book:

• Eli has this sort of “averageness” to him that actually makes him really relatable. His spiral into addiction and his reasons behind his denial hit me in all the believable ways.
• The author makes the distinction between just another teen partying and an addict on a step in the downward spiral clear and emotionally
BRONWEN
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lifeline cracks open hope around addiction. I couldn't put this book down. Nash has tackled a challenging and relevant subject and brought it to life with grounded compassion.

I got an Advanced Reading Copy of Lifeline and couldn't put it down for 24 hours. I was so moved by Nash's exploration of the theme of addiction and recovery and how it impacts relationships. I found myself bonding with the characters, curious about what would happen next, rooting for recovery with tears in my eyes, and
Ankita Singh
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 stars!

Lifeline was, quite simply, beautiful.

The story reminded me of Ned Vizzini's It's Kind Of A Funny Story. A lot.

Eli, lacrosse captain and star student ends up in rehab because of a drug overdose. And that's where his life changes for the better.

Lifeline was an easy read, and yet it was just as beautiful and intense. It was funny, but it was serious too.

The characters were well crafted, so were their struggles. Though I wish the author had written more about Libby. Because though Eli's
gem
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Eli is such an interesting character and reading about his journey in to recovery is great. This book will be compared to Clean by Juno Dawson, but to me this was easier to read and I felt more able to empathise with aspects of the characters struggles.
His growing friendship with Libby and the other patients was great to read about because the way they shared their experiences and opened themselves up to what life could be without addiction felt very realistic.
Despite the intense subject and
Patty
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lifeline by Abbey Lee Nash is the story Eli Ross, who almost died from a drug overdose. Eli is very popular and the captain of the lacrosse team at Lions Heart Academy. After a big win, Eli and his girlfriend Savannah, the most beautiful and popular girl at school attend a party. After Eli chugs several beers he goes alone to his car and overdoses. Eli has a choice of jail or going to Lake Shore Recovery Center for inpatient treatment, he chooses treatment for 28 days. I really enjoyed this ...more
Julianne
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, ya
Jessica
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I dont normally cry over a book. Why did you make me cry? This i a great story about hitting rock bottom and overcoming the obstacles on the climb back. The author does a great job of painting the picture of so many different types of users. Each one has their own story which really adds to the entire narrative. I received an advance copy for free in exchange for an honest review.
Chrissa Pedersen
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holli
I received an advanced copy of this novel in return for an honest review. Because of this, my review is a little long, but I wanted to be thorough and honest and make sure I earned my free copy!

I have to admit that I entered into this novel with a certain amount of trepidation. It’s about teen drug addiction and one of the blurbs I read used the word “raw,” so I wasn’t sure if I would have the emotional stamina to see it through. I was drawn into the story immediately, however, mainly because of
Kara Jay
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I got this book for free for an honest review. This was an easy, quick read that dealt with heavy issues.
The author tells the story in a great way and is definitely skilled in weaving a story.
I think my biggest issue with this book was the journey felt rushed. I can't explain it really other than saying that. I'm not too upset about it, because it meant the story just kept moving.
I do think there was one part of the story that was unnecessary which I'll leave out in an effort to not spoil it
Lisa
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it

The protagonist of this book must be the most dislikable character I've ever read. The book only gets interesting in the final few chapters.
I got a copy of this book for free from Book Sirens in exchange for a review on Amazon.
Heidi [Literature and Sunshine]
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

ARC is provided through Booksirens in exchange for an honest review.

Lifeline is the debut novel by the American author, Abbey Lee Nash. For being a debut novel, I must say she did a decent job. Addiction is a difficult topic to navigate through, and it is a sensitive subject to many. In her story, both addiction and mental illness are presented through her diverse cast of characters.

In a lot of YA-stories, the parents are uninvolved with their child’s life, and
Al
May 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: yalit, coming-of-age
Popular high school senior Eli Ross has the perfect all American life: he's captain of the lacrosse team at LionsHeart Academy, and he's dating the most popular girl in school. Things couldn't be better for Eli. Eli's perfect life disappears in a split moment, however, when he overdoses at his friend's house party. Seeing her son at rock bottom is the incentive Eli's mum needs to admit him to LakeShore Recovery Center on a 28-day treatment program.

The book started off well. It grabbed my
Renee Taylor
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review"

This book was so much better
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book but I ended up devouring it over a weekend - I probably would have read it faster if I didn’t have a toddler! Lifeline by Abbey Lee Nash follows Eli, a popular high school senior, through an overdose and into rehab. The story explores life in a rehab facility and many of the obstacles that one can face on the road to recovery.

Lifeline is engaging and well-written but, more than that, it has the power
Crystal♛
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Wow, this book. I don't even know what to say. This has hit way too close to home for me. Anyone that has dealt with addiction in their life, if it is a loved one or even you, then you will know what I mean.
This was real. I felt my my heart breaking. Bandages being pulled off of old wounds. There were such powerful words in here that helped the characters but also me. It left me with a sense of triumph. We all have pain in life. It's the way you deal with it that is important. Usually people
« previous 1 3 next »

• Keep the Doors Open: Lessons Learned from a Year of Foster Parenting
  • Chasing the Blue Sky
  • Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things
  • White Wild Indigo: An Illustrated Collection of Poems for Children
I write and teach in Bryn Athyn, PA. I am a member of EPA SCBWI.