Start by marking “Along Came a Ranger” as Want to Read:
Along Came a Ranger

Along Came a Ranger

(Texas Lawmen #3)

No cowboys allowed. That is Stacy Smith’s motto. Having overcome a rough childhood, she vows to not repeat the same mistakes that her mother made. Writing bestselling romance novels as Sabrina Noelle, she is happy to stay in her ivory tower, creating perfect worlds for her heroes and heroines that keep her busy and her heart whole.

Texas Ranger Davis McKenna handles crisis
Published September 11th 2017 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Along Came a Ranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Along Came a Ranger

Elaine
Fate has plans for these two! Initially meeting in a gym, then getting trapped together in an elevator, author Stacy Smith and Texas Ranger Davis McKenna are attracted to each other until she realises he’s a cowboy. After her childhood experiences of her Mum’s romances with cowboys, Stacy has vowed to never fall for a cowboy so refuses to date him. He’s one determined Ranger but can he get her to give him a chance?

This is an enthralling story, one that I loved from the very start. It has some gr
Bec

Being stuck in an elevator is not Stacy Smith's idea of fun, but at least she has great company to lessen her fear. However, Stacy has a rule about not getting involved with cowboys and that's exactly what Davis McKenna is, even though he's also a Texas Ranger determined to protect the innocent and punish the guilty. Will Davis be able to convince Stacy to take a chance on him or will her past demons keep the pair apart?

The first two books of this series are absolutely fantastic reads, but this
Becky Burciaga
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There isn't another author that I've found who can write larger than life lawmen like Debra Holt. With the overpowering need to protect, the essence of a true Texas Ranger is captured in the character of Davis McKenna...her depiction of him as a man who does not go unnoticed was complimented by his sensitive and intuitive nature, making him that much more alluring.

Throughout the story there was not a moment where Davis and Stacey didn't have my complete emotional investment...in his pursuit to
Maria
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, free, sexy-hero
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
I was surprised with how much I’ve enjoyed this book. I loved its depiction of how a romance novel writer’s mind works and the super honorable, super romantic cowboy hero. I even loved the suspense part, involving a precious little girl (and then again, I enjoyed seeing how the heroine filtered the events through her imaginative brain).
The characters grew on me as the storyline progressed and I adored Debra Holt’s sense of humor and
Sandi Ramirez
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So funny I remember the signs hanging up on the Clubhouse "NO GIRLS ALLOWED"...I thought about that when I read this book but a sign that said " No Cowboys Allowed". Yep in this book we have a romance author Stacy Smith who grew up with a mom who shall we say for was a Buckle bunny. It left Stacy with a bad taste for Cowboys that is for sure and she vowed never to go down that path herself.
Well, wouldn't you know the ONE man who happens to Float her boat is Texas Ranger Davis McKenna. He does no
Miriam Wolfe
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book – it is filled with romance, intrigue, and lots of drama! This book can easily be read as a standalone but since I had read book 1, it was fun to see the previous characters in this book.

I loved that Stacy was a romance writer but lived in her “ivory tower” and used her imagination to write the romance and sexy bedroom scenes. Unfortunately, she had a “no cowboy” rule and Davis McKenna was a Texas Ranger/cowboy.

Davis was very patient and committed to pursuing Stacy and hoping to
Cindy
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Really 2.5 stars because I would forget I was reading it. I finished another book and when I looked at my Kindle it was only 88% done with this one and was surprised I hadn't finished it. Nice enough story but never got involved with the people.
Shelagh
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Along came A Ranger, third in Debra Holt’s Texas Lawman series, pits ranger Davis McKenna, a cowboy through and through, against wealthy romance author Stacy Smith, who has a very low opinion of cowboys in general.
This story had some really good bits in it, bits that kept me turning pages eager to see what would happen next. Sadly it also had chunks of prose telling me how he or she was feeling without making me actually imagine it. A bit of deep point of view would have gone down a treat! Altho
Eileen Gernet
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't miss this series😊

I am a mess with this series. I have knee replacement surgery in a week and 2 days with a million things to do it all I can think of is reading the books in this series. The issues in each book and the romance on every page is not to be missed.
Barbara
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice

There were some errors and repetitive descriptions but, overall, I did enjoy the storyline. Can the city girl with issues regarding cowboys change her negative attitude in that regard and open her heart to a cowboy?
Judy
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: authors-to-watch
Interesting characters

I enjoyed both the characters and the story. It was the perfect read to escape with for a few hours.
Sandi
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

If you've never been exposed to true Texas gentleman you'll be looking for one after you read this book with
Romance and a side of suspense.
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Take one stubborn, never gonna love a cowboy romance writer and one determined Ranger who happens to be the definition of a true cowboy, mix them well, add some suspense, some drama and you have a volatile, charming romance in the making.

Stacy and Davis make a very believable, at times stubborn, always determined couple. Where Stacy has sworn she’d never get involved with a cowboy because of memories of her mother’s disastrous relationships, it’s really too bad that
P.e. lolo
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-police
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Stacy is a writer first and foremost and then she is a women, well at least in her mind thats how it works. While on yet another engagement Stacy run into someone she would rather have nothing to do wth because of what he stands for but she can't seem to get him out of her head. Davis can't shake the feeling that he needs to know her like his last breath and fate seems to have other options or does it. Can they find away to get to know each other or will the past just be to much?
I have been read
Yvonne Cruz
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is the first book I read of Ms Holt’s series Texas Lawmen , as well as the first book I read by this author. I have to say I not only enjoyed it , but was happy that it truly was a stand alone book in the series.
The story centers around Stacy Smith and Davis McKenna. Stacy is a successful romance author who meets Davis, a Texas Ranger, in the hotel’s gym and later they get stuck in the hotel’s elevator.
As attracted as she is to him, once she finds out he is a “cowboy” she refuses to go out
Una
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first of Debra Holt’s books I’ve read and I assure you it won’t be the last. I was hooked within the first 10 pages.

We have a successful romance writer Stacy Smith speaking at a writer’s convention and we have Davis McKenna also at the same hotel for a convention of Texas Rangers. There is a retrieved towel, a stuck elevator and an agreement to meet for breakfast where Stacy discovers, oops, he’s a Texas Ranger, a cowboy, and she does NOT date cowboys—not ever. She says thank you b
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Debra Holt has done it again. I love, love, love the writing of Debra Holt. If you have not enjoyed one of her books then what are you waiting for? The Texas Lawmen Series is an excellent start and Davis will convert any cowboy hater into a true fan of these sexy men who have honor, love of home and family, as well as the sexy looks to hook any woman he turns his eye to. I love how Stacy did not make it easy for her cowboy pursuer. The true magnificence of Ms. Holt’s writing is the touches she p ...more
Margaret Sholders
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I will tell you this now that you will need tissues! This story is set in Texas. Debra gave us the best people and story lines. Stacy is her heroine who dislikes Cowboys from her Mom. Davis is a Cowboy and is also a Texas Ranger. Stacy is a Romance writer and is trying to take another step as long as she doesn't write a cowboy. Davis goes on calls. Stacy is almost part of the family. The Senator and his son Donnie want Stacy to marry him. Major Spoiler! Someone is a bad boy! Davis is tying to ch ...more
Paula
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Along Came a Ranger by Debra Holt is entertaining story of a Texas Ranger winning the heart of an independent stubborn romance writer. It is an easy flowing read with likable characters. Well, the two main characters are likable there are a couple of sleazy characters too that provide the extra drama in this story. I also found many of the supporting characters to be fun especially Ned and his checker playing buddy.

Davis McKenna is the perfect hero in this story as he determinedly goes about wo
Paula Pugh
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has a little bit of mystery and a lot of confusion that ensue when Ranger Davis McKenna and Stacey Smith (aka Sabrina Noelle) meet at a hotel gym and later get stuck in an elevator. He's a cowboy and she is so not ever going to date, much less consider, a cowboy. He has other ideas about that and subtly chases her showing her little by little that all cowboys are not created equal. There's so much more to how he does this but it would spoil everything to write about it. A huge misunder ...more
Cindy Caron
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Nothing like a man on a mission, determined to win the heart of the woman he knows deep down to be his soul mate, even if she hasn't realized it yet. A chance meeting in a stuck elevator brings Stacy and Davis together. Now, all he has to do is to make sure they stay together! Stacy has always kept a vow that she will never date a cowboy, let alone marry one! Her mother's track record made sure of that! But when sexy ranger Davis blows into her life, not once, but twice, her d ...more
Karen Roma
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review…..

Throughout the Texas Lawmen series, Ms Holt has continued to provide readers with exciting, action-packed, well-rounded stories, that will capture any romantics imagination as she highlights the diversity of her characters.

The Texas Lawmen are larger than life, and true to any alpha male they display and unending desire to protect, serve and adore the women who capture their hearts. Davis and Stacey’s story was enthralling and held my complete attention from beginning to end as
Bette Hansen
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A truly great read! Loved Davis and definitely want one of my own. I could feel the sparks between Davis and Stacy and wanted to see them together. The story has a nice easy pace to it and it's perfect for a nice relaxing afternoon.

Stacy Smith may be a romance writer but she's not sure love is out there for her. She does have one hard and fast rule for dating. No cowboys. After her mother's string of them she knows she wants nothing to do with them. When she gets stranded in an elevator with Dav
Beth
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stayed up all night reading this book!

I couldn’t put this book down. The main characters grabbed me right from the beginning and I chose seeing their journey through over sleep! The character development is well done, the story arc moves well, the angst level is just right and the reconciliation scene is lovely. Davis and Stacy are great characters. The secondary characters enhance the plot perfectly. My only regret is not having a detailed scene where Donnie gets his comeuppance! His take on po
Debbie
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ivory Tower VS Country Tower

It’s been a while since I had a book in this genre that I just did not want to put down. Just like most romances you know girl meets tall dark handsome cowboy,fall in love,live happily ever after. Even though this book has a HEA, it was full of twists And turns that meant Stacy ended up a hero also, even in her own rights. Their relationship struggles from the moment they meet to the moment they make their final decisions, fighting with yourself for what you believe,
Denise Vasak
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
This book was fine. It wasn't as good as others I've read, but if you've got some time and you aren't interested in being overly taxed this is a decent read. There were moments that were SUPER far-fetched (the whole subplot in McKenna Springs) but I can let it slide.

The thing that really bugged me was near the end when there was NO reason they couldn't be back together yet the author was trying to shoehorn some extra angst in there. It wasn't worth it and it annoyed me.

I also felt like there w
Linda
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Debra Holt's book, Along Came a Ranger (Texas Lawman, #3). Even though it is part of a series, it worked well as a stand alone. In this book, Stacy Smith is a romance writer who has an aversion to cowboys. She meets Davis McKenna, who just happens to be a Texas Ranger! As Stacy gets to know Davis, she begins to question what she thought was true about cowboys. Davis is one of the good guys! I liked the main characters and secondary characters, the settings, and the plot. I look forward ...more
Km Mccallum
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't judge

Don't judge a person by the way they look. She categorized cowboys as men who left women. So she wasn't going to fall for one. He was different and she couldn't get him off her mind. He was there again and they became friends and he crossed the friend line. Things changed and she thought he was like all the cowboys she had put in her mind but he proved her wrong and she fell in love.
KimberlyDawn
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Along Came a Ranger is book three in the Texas Lawmen series. Stacy is a romance author who is determined not to make her mother's mistakes. That means no cowboys for her. But when she meets Davis, cowboy and Texas Ranger, could she break her own rules? Davis goes into protective mode when they meet, trying to calm Stacy. But can he find more in her than just a damsel in distress? This book was really good, and I definitely recommend it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Cowboy and the Doctor (The Gallaghers of Montana #4)
  • The Cowboy's Runaway Bride (The McCall Brothers, #3)
  • Belonging to Them (Men of the Border Lands, #1)
  • Colorado Sunset (Peakview, Colorado, #1)
  • Her Indulgent Cowboy (Harland County, #7)
  • Loving the Texas Lawman (Forever Texan, #2)
  • Cowboy, It's Cold Outside (Twilight, Texas #8)
  • A Cold Creek Baby (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #8)
  • Kane (The Wilder Brothers, #4; American Extreme Bull Riders Tour #6)
  • Jingle Boots (Rope 'n Ride ON, #5)
  • Protect Me, Cowboy (Marshall Ranch #1; The 78th Copper Mountain Rodeo #2)
  • Miracle on Chance Avenue (Love on Chance Avenue #2)
  • Return of Dr. Irresistible
  • By the Numbers Bride: Calhoun (Matchmaking A Marriage, #2)
  • Tanner (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour, #1)
  • Dynomite
  • A Rancher's Brand of Justice
  • Christmas Glitter (Moore Sisters of Montana, #1)
Born and raised in the Lone Star state of Texas, Debra grew up among horses, cowboys, wide open spaces, and real Texas Rangers. Pride in her state and ancestry knows no bounds and it is these heroes and heroines she loves to write about the most. She also draws upon a variety of life experiences including working with abused children, caring for baby animals at a major zoo, and planning high-end w ...more

Texas Lawmen (4 books)
  • Beware the Ranger
  • The Lawman's Apache Moon
  • The Sheriff's Christmas Angels
“settled over their conversation. Leslie laid the envelope on the table and stood, clapping her hands and a smile returned. “Good job. Now, Davis, you come and take your pretty friend to lunch and let me get back to my yard work.” A few minutes later, Stacy waved another goodbye to the woman and her son who returned it with smiles and repeated invitations to come back and see them anytime. They had travelled a couple of blocks before Stacy spoke, her gaze falling on the man behind the wheel. “Leslie told me about her husband” 0 likes