Start by marking “The Traitor's Club: Hugh (The Traitor's Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Traitor's Club: Hugh (The Traitor's Club, #2)

The Traitor's Club: Hugh

(The Traitor's Club #2)

Hugh Wythers was a man of great promise, but none would know it. Recently returned from the Crimea, he found his only delight in the midnight playgrounds of London. And why not? War had taught him to live every day to the fullest. And then his father cut off his funds. Reeling from the predicament in which he found himself, he fell head over arse—literally—into the arms of ...more
Published September 12th 2017 by Kindle Press

To ask other readers questions about The Traitor's Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Traitor's Club

Start your review of The Traitor's Club: Hugh (The Traitor's Club, #2)
Alaina
Changed my rating from 4 stars to 3 stars because of my review.

Okay, this book wasn't as good as the first one but it was still enjoyable. Hugh is the second part of this series and honestly, his story was kind of boring. It was a quick read (only 100ish pages) but very boring.

This story is about Hugh and Nellie, who were both (dare I say it again) boring. Hugh has a ton of addictions: wine, women, and gambling. Now I could totally deal with the whole wine part because what girl doesn't love
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
It's totally not fair of me to find this book uninteresting simply because it's not dramatic - I'm left equally cold by stories rife with muggings, kidnappings, and oodles of chandelier-melting sex. And this story has at least a basic kindliness towards its characters that I find refreshing.

Points also for a blessedly simple plot - Town Mouse (Hugh) proposes to Country Mouse (Nellie) for their mutual benefit. He'll live a life of expensive dissipation in London, while she indulges her passion
Tracy Emro
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

This was a quick read for me and I enjoyed idea of the story.

Lady Annalise Lyman aka Nellie is a spinster, she hates London and would like nothing better than to retire to the country - which she plans to do just as soon as she marries off her youngest sister.

Lord Hugh Wythers is the second son of a Marquess and a rake - since his return from the war, he has spent his time pursuing all the delights London has to offer, that is until his father cuts him off - he tells Hugh that he is
Debbie Glenn Brown
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hugh Wythers is a second son who had no responsibilities so he joined the war. He was one of four soldiers who undertook difficult and dangerous missions during the Crimean War and let people believe they were traitors. His father cut off his funds and he gives him Red Oaks a thriving estate with a grand income from which he can make his living. For Hugh London is the only place to live he hates the country.
Lady Annalise Lyman is working on getting her last sister through the London season and
Peggy
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
The second story of The Traitor’s Club features Hugh Wythers. Since his return from the Crimean War, he has lived life to the fullest, at least the way he sees it - wine women, parties. When his father decides it’s time Hugh stopped this lifestyle, he cuts off his funds and gives him instead a successful estate. He expects Hugh to manage the estate and live off the proceeds. Hugh hates living in the country and has other ideas.

Roaring drunk and on the search for a wealthy bride, Hugh falls off
Margaret Taylor
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this story

in one go this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were no adventures or plots just a beautiful love story. I did not find it boring or pedestrian as one reader put in her review. The storyline just leaves you feeling peaceful.
Ira
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
This book was so sweet and Nellie and Hugh, our hero and our heroine are such wonderful characters, I really loved this book. From the first page on, it took me in and kept me glued to my reader. The only times I put my reader down was when I was searching for handkerchiefs or sniffing and grinning like a fool. Nellie or rather Lady Annalise is really sweet and I was very happy to see that Hugh is more considerate and more honorable than his reputation (and his lack of drunken charme) made me ...more
Janet
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hugh Wythers recently returned from the Crimea, found his only delight in the midnight playgrounds of London. And why not? War had taught him to live every day to the fullest. However his father deeds him an estate which Hugh has to manage or not as his father cuts off his funds. Reeling from the predicament in which he found himself, he gets drunk & fell head over arse—literally—into the arms of the perfect wife. The homely, unmarriageable Lady Annalise Lyman who has been managing
Courtney
Laura Landon is an author that I have been on the lookout for and was delighted to find The Traitor’s Club: Ford on NetGalley earlier this year. I enjoyed the story and was very excited to receive The Traitor’s Club: Hugh through NetGalley, as well. I was also delighted to meet Laura Landon when she and I both attended the Historical Romance Retreat, though I was unable to finish this book before the Retreat. Which is entirely my fault, since it is a very fast read and easily managed in one ...more
Moriah
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this title from the publisher for an honest review. I would rate this book 3 1/3 stars which rounds down to 3. Hugh Wythers was one of four soliders that undertook difficult and dangerous missions during the Crimean War and let people believe they were traitors to help increase the success of said missions. After seeing the horrors of war, Hugh has decided to live his life to the fullest; fed up with his behavior, Hugh's father decides to cut off his funds and force him to ...more
Nancy
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hugh Wythers is a second son so thinks he has no responsibility and since returning from the Crimea War he just lives each day to the most he can. Lady Annalise Lyman has a bunch of younger sisters she has seen through their debutante years and into marriage. Now she is working on the last one. When she is done she can return to the country. Hugh has been given the thriving estate of Red Oak and he has to make it his living from now on. He hates the country. Annalise comes to him with a pact ...more
Cherry London
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A most enticing and enjoyable book, Hugh and Nellie’s story is a tender loving one, they made foolish promises they thought they could have kept. Although Nellie tried her best to keep such promises, she was doomed to fail, she had no experience with that emotion called Love of the heart and that it respects no one. Hugh wanted to continue to do what he does best and Nellie just wanted to secure herself from being hurt, but love had a better solution. The storyline is great with equally awesome ...more
Ginny Lurcock
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
In every way that The Broken Duke was exceptional and unique, Hugh was... not. Honestly, the text felt more like a first draft or an outline. Something that could've been turned into a decent enough novel with the write editing team. Instead, points were repeated (sometimes in the same paragraph), characters names changed, and the entire book just felt very superficial.

Not the best effort I've read recently...
☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾
Not terribly angsty (possibly because it's fairly short), but this was right up my alley. Hero insults plain spinster heroine, they strike a bargain, and of course fall in love. It's a formula I adore and I liked this version quite a bit. I wish it had been longer, though, to give more time for the romance to develop - Hugh's feelings towards Nellie seemed to change rather abruptly. A longer novel might have made the transition feel more realistic. (3.5 stars)
Dani
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. I'm not a big fan of historical romance but I read it occasionally. I loved Nellie from the beginning. Hugh on the other seem like a spoiled rich brat that was still expecting daddy to support him. I mean come on he was 32. Anyways I feel in love with Hugh throughout the book. Overall a good read.
merilie Gonzales
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hugh

Can't believe it's 2:15 in the morning. After reading Ford's story I couldn't wait to read Hugh's. I absolutely loved it. I loved Nellie. They were perfect for each other. Ms Landon never fails to draw me in with her stories. I just finished reading the Jewels books and wrote for the second time. Her books are so so good.
Valory Kennedy
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another hit!

Ms Landon is so full of stories. It's hard to find an author who continues to entertain you over and over.
But what is a "gaming hell"? I am pretty sure that should be "hall", the proofers have missed, way too many times.
I can't wait for the next book that I am pretty sure is a Scottish bride for Jeb.
F.
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy from NetGalley for an honest review. I really enjoyed this story of Hugh, the confirmed bachelor who dislikes country life. The fact that he agrees to let a woman manage his estate places an interesting twist to the story, considering how in those days, women were not considered intelligent enough to handle finances. It was overall a very sweet story.
Gail A Ostrove
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hugh and Nellie

Thought they could live apart but discovered their loneliness without the other. Hugh learned that London was not all it was cracked up to be without Nellie in his life to make it complete. He finally chose to live and work on his estate with his wife and son Edward. Then he was truly happy.
NORMA JOYCE JENKINS
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This lady know how to write a sweet romance, that I promise will hold your interest from start to finish. All without graphic sex or bad language. I always said a talented writer needs neither one.
Thanks Laura.
Sonya
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unknown Love

Can you tell when love hits you or do you have to be smacked in the face with it? This is a very good story! It's kind of predictable, but the love story is so sweet it's worth the read.
Susan
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just love reading a Laura Landon book. This series is so enjoyable with awesome characters, and each story so different from the last. I'm never disappointed with this author's writing, and I highly recommend reading Hugh & Nellie's HEA.
Julia
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Review is based on a NetGalley ARC.

The story is sweet, but loses its momentum towards the end.

I liked the business proposition that leads to the story of the MCs but towards the end of the book a lot of inconsistencies with the time the story is set in occurred.
Marianne
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story

Lovely storyline and fun to read. Laura Landon stories are creative and this series is no different. There is always a happy ever after.
Marya
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
anna
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
super duper quick read + basic storyline but still pretty fun
Carol
Oct 26, 2017
Marjorie howarth
Feb 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Her Reformed Rake (Wicked Husbands, #3)
  • The Wicked Baron (Blackhaven Brides #1)
  • Her Deceptive Duke (Wicked Husbands #4)
  • The Scoundrel Who Loved Me
  • Her Lovestruck Lord (Wicked Husbands #2)
  • Once a Spy (Rogues Redeemed, #4)
  • Wicked in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 1)
  • Married to the Rake (The Wallflower Brides #1)
  • The Wicked Waif (Blackhaven Brides #10)
  • The Lost Lord of Castle Black (The Lost Lords Book 1)
  • The Lady's Guard (Sinful Brides, #3)
  • Her Errant Earl (Wicked Husbands #1)
  • The Wicked Rebel (Blackhaven Brides #3)
  • There Are Plenty More Dukes in the Sea (The Inheritance Clause #1)
  • The Wicked Wife (Blackhaven Brides #9)
  • The Spitfire (Wicked Wallflowers, #5)
  • An Earl in Wolf's Clothing (Rules of the Rogue, #1)
  • Emma and the Earl (Bluestocking Brides, #3)
Laura Landon taught high school for ten years before leaving the classroom to open her own ice-cream shop. As much as she loved serving up sundaes and malts from behind the counter, she closed up shop after penning her first novel. Now she spends nearly every waking minute writing, guiding her heroes and heroines to find their happily ever afters.

She is the author of more than a dozen historical

The Traitor's Club (4 books)
  • The Traitor's Club: Ford (The Traitor's Club, #1)
  • The Traitor's Club: Jeb (The Traitor's Club, #3)
  • The Traitor's Club: Caleb (The Traitor's Club, #4)