Start by marking “Sins of the Father” as Want to Read:
Sins of the Father

Sins of the Father

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Logan’s hunt has begun, in this immersive, fast-paced thriller.

President Pierce faces a difficult reelection following the terrorist attacks which highlighted his first term. His platform is focused on how they’ve successfully eliminated terrorism with the intercession of an advanced cyber watch network. However, Logan knows the truth.

After suffering a devastating loss at
ebook
Published September 22nd 2017 by HQT Publications

To ask other readers questions about Sins of the Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sins of the Father

Ashley Daviau
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to start this review by stating that I received a paperback copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way changes or affects my review.

I had a pretty good feeling that I'd thoroughly enjoy this book because I've seen so many rave reviews about Reid's writing both on here and on Instragram. But I honestly didn't think I'd love it THIS much! The story had me hooked right from the very first page and despite not having read the first book in the series,
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very enthusiastic five stars from me! This book 100% exceeded all my expectations. The first book in the Logan Falcone series, Debt of Fear was only a glimpse of what was in store for us in Sins of the Father.
Page by page this book somehow manages to up the risk and the action with every chapter. From like chapter 15-34, I was binge reading--getting to the last page of each Chapter and having to continue on to the next to see what was going to happen.
We open with a very intense scene-and then
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
The president is up for reelection and basically is telling the world that terrorism has been eradicated. Logan and his team know differently and one of his team members gets killed on a mission, Logan starts to fall apart. Why does he continue to live while those he love keeps getting ripped away from him?

Holy crap you guys! What a great continuation of Logan Falcone's journey. Debt of Fear sets up everything that comes up in Sins of the Father. And while Debt of Fear was a fantastic read, I a
Melinda MacLean (mel_constantreader)
This is now my favourite book of the year. If you enjoyed Debt of Fear prepare to have your mind blown! I finished this book in a little over a day because it was just too good to put down. It felt like I was watching a movie. Michael never fails to give you so much detail that you don't know what is going on. From the very beginning I learned not to predict anything because in Sins of the Father, nothing is ever as it seems.
Mindi
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sins of the Father is Reid's second book in the Logan Falcone series, and it's even better than the first.

The action starts straight away and doesn't let up until the very end of the novel. The are multiple characters POVs, and quite a number of new characters this time around. As I've said in previous reviews, Reid writes characters exceptionally well, and this book showcases that talent. Whether it's a young boy in Yemen, a reclusive CIA agent, or a group of Navy SEALS, Reid creates characters
A. Hunt
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do you enjoy thriller authors like Lee Child and Lawrence Block? What about military thrillers by names such as David McCaleb, Ronie Kendig, and dare I say: Tom Clancy? Michael Reid, Jr. can stand against them all! Sins of the Father is my first military thriller and I have to tell you, it was like watching one of the best take action.

Logan is one of those special ops agents who takes failure to heart. After a huge loss against a terrorist cell, he feels he can't deal well with anyone else dying
Themis
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for_review
It's unusual for a sequel to be even better than the first book, but Michael Reid Jr nailed it! It's action packed and a quick read.

The amount of research that goes into his books is something I admire. Half the time I am wondering if this is really a work of fiction! I will say this again: these novels would make into great movies!
I highly recommend for people who are looking for a fast paced read full of twists.
sjnash
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First, I should disclose that was given a copy of The Sins of the Father in exchange for an honest review. It is interesting to note, that I was given this opportunity even though I only gave the 1st Logan Falcone book (Debt of Fear) a 3-star rating and I don’t routinely give out 4 or 5 star reviews.
I gave Debt of Fear a 3-star rating because I just didn’t feel that the story was believable; however, I still enjoyed the story, I liked that there was an attempt to show the emotional strain that L
Lauren
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever read a book and get so involved you are surprised when you get to the end? That is exactly how I felt when I reached the last page of Sins of the Father. Not only was I surprised I finished the book, I was also bummed. I wanted more! I would be quite happy if Michael Reid Jr wrote another Logan Falcone book.

Debt of Fear was a great book but Sins of the Father took it to a whole new level. Not only did some of the great characters come back, we also got to meet some new ones. There w
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is really good. It is definitely an exciting read and I can't wait to read anymore books in this series. Michael is an excellent storyteller.
Jacob
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another book falls to Finish February! Each February my goal is to finish all the books I started the previous year but did not get to finish before the year ended.

This is the best thriller I’ve read since Tom Clancy.

This book is designed to pull you along page by page by page! Before you know it you’re two hundred pages in and just awash with all the emotional responses possible! Intense military action, strong and believable characters, scary possibilities, stunning plot twists, this one is
Abigail
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was sent this book in exchange for an honest review and that's exactly what I plan on giving.

I'm not gonna spoil this book, because I wan't everyone to read this book and I feel like if a book is spoiled people don't really feel like reading it. Plus, there's no need for spoilers anyway. Let's get on with the review.

I enjoyed Debt of Fear and ended up giving that book 4/5 stars and was super excited when I found out Sins of the Father was coming out. I love military thrillers and anything mili
Diana
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is impressive! Sins of the Father, a sequel to Debt of Fear is riveting! Before you open the book, the cover tells a story. The details throughout are invigorating...I could not turn the page fast enough! The characters are real and well defined. The story line is emotionally captivating.
I was so engaged and realized that this could really happen - not just in the world but here in America. It is obvious that the author, Mike Reid Jr. spent a lot of time obtaining details which made th
Spiro
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was a lucky proof reader of Michael Reid's second book. I thought that he worked hard on the continuation of the storyline and the character development.

Michael Reid Jr has become a respected and adept author and I look forward to reading his future writings.
Alex findingmontauk1
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Sins of the Father is one of those books you find yourself totally immersed in and never has a dull moment.  There’s never a good “stopping point” to put your bookmark because it really is that fast-paced.  You don’t want to stop turning those pages.  I had pretty high expectations going into it based on friends’ reviews and after reading the first book in the Logan Falcone series, Debt of Fear.  That being said, Sins met and exceeded those expectations on every page!  I found myself reconnectin ...more
David Rangel
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the sin of the father is a great book that tells a story of the struggle when president Nixon runs for his re-election and tries to show off how well his leadership has terminated the terrorist threat against America and the world. yet one lone soldier knows the truth. He knows what dirty things the president has done. that stands as a problem for the president when he tries to run for re-election. what will happen read to find out?
Dan Holt
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely worth the read!

What an ongoing thriller! Cannot wait for the next book in the series! Very fast-paced! Unwilling to give more info, but thanks so much!
sheila
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very engaging

I enjoyed this book because it kept me interested and did not want to stop reading. It kept moving .
Willy Lautzenheiser
Apr 14, 2018
Roger Johannsen
Mar 14, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Hey everyone. Appreciate you stopping by and browsing my page.

I'll keep it short and sweet. I don't have plans to write exclusively in one genre, nor do I plan on writing book after book featuring the same characters, unless there's a great story to tell.

I've always been an eclectic soul, and I find my writing runs along those same lines. I jump from terrorism thriller to sci-fi, to historical f