Start by marking “It's All About the Duke (The Rakes of St. James, #3)” as Want to Read:
It's All About the Duke (The Rakes of St. James, #3)

It's All About the Duke

(The Rakes of St. James #3)

Nearing thirty, the Duke of Rathburne is finally ready to make amends for the wager that caused him and his best friends such scandal―but taking on a ward who needs a husband is a feat he’s not sure he can manage. The last he saw of Miss Marlena Fast, she was a spirited little ruffian, not the sort of bride most bachelors on the marriage mart sought. But one glance at the ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 344 pages
Published May 29th 2018 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about It's All About the Duke, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of It's All About the Duke (The Rakes of St. James, #3)
Ivy H
3.5 stars.

A wonderful ending to an entertaining series. The romantic relationship between the MC's took a little while to start developing ( as was the case with the first 2 novels in this series ) but the story itself kept me interested at all times. The author also chose this final novel to reveal the identity of the scandalous gossip columnist Honora Truth (view spoiler)

Rath ( referred to by this moniker since he's The
Sonya Heaney
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Also posted HERE .

Something was niggling at me when I downloaded It’s All About the Duke. It wasn’t until I got into chapter three and the hero and heroine still hadn’t finished the conversation they began at the start of the book that I remembered: Amelia Grey’s writing style just doesn’t work for me.

I actually enjoyed the opening, even though it includes a trope I dislike: the heroine who secretly writes scandal sheets. I liked the characters, enjoyed the dialogue…

However, the conversation
Stacee
May 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really liked this premise and was pretty excited to get to it. Sadly, it just wasn’t for me.

I liked Marlena and Rath well enough. They’re both stubborn and they have some fun banter together. I felt like the chemistry between them was told, not shown. There are a lot of other characters, but everyone was just so bland. Well, except Justina, but I don’t have energy to deal with her.

Plot wise it was slllllllllllloooooooooow. A whole lot of nothing happens in this story. The build up is quite s
Holly
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
I haven't read the first two books in this trilogy, but I don't think it really matters. In this one, we follow Marlena who is orphaned and her guardian is old, so he enlists the help of the Duke of Rathburne to be her new guardian. Right away the Duke is smitten with is new charge but has made a promise to make sure she is married off in her first season. Marlena isn't looking to get married though, she is more concerned with helping her neighbors and their financial security. She's fiery and i ...more
Melanie
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s All About the Duke was an enjoyable read and I was happy to finally get the story of the Duke of Rathburne who was my favorite of the Rakes of St. James.

As the last Rake of St. James to be unwed, the Duke of Rathburne is finally ready to make amends for the wager from his youth that caused a scandal for a dozen debutants. At the request of an old family friend, Rath takes on a ward, Miss Marlena Fast, and is tasked with helping her find a husband. Orphaned as a child and left in the care of
Debbie
There’s no doubt that the hero and heroine in this story belong together. I did not read the previous two books in this series, but it’s not hard to get up to speed with the backstory here.

The Duke of Rathburne (Rath) and his two cohorts (Griff and Hawk) made a thoughtless wager a while back involving a dozen women. They didn’t foresee that these women would be tainted by scandal because of their actions. Unfairly, the three dukes never suffered personal repercussions. The men are remorseful and
J. W. Garrett
“Reformed rakes often make the best husbands.” –Judith McNaught, Something Wonderful

There are three books in The Rakes of St. James series:
Last Night with the Duke: pub Mar 7, 2017 [The Duke of Griffin & Miss Esmeralda Swift]
To the Duke, With Love: pub Dec 5, 2017 [The Duke of Hawksthorn & Miss Loretta Quick]
It’s All About the Duke: estimated pub May 29, 2018 [The Duke of Rathburn & Miss Marlena Fast]

OK am I the only one to see the pattern in the last names of the ladies… Swift, Quick, and Fast
Andrea
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it

A rake (although, really, the man is a sweetheart once he's all smitten. All that makes him a rake is the fact that he sometimes sleeps with a mistress or a widow; there are no scenes showing this, and it's only mentioned once or twice) willing to take responsibility for a misguided, drunken wager he and his friends made and a heroine who supports herself and her best friends with her income from a scandal sheet and a novel. Two genuinely nice people owning up to their mistakes and gro
Barbara Rogers
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: iblog, netgalley
Series: The Rakes of St. James #3
Publication Date: 5/29/18

I enjoyed this third and final book in the Rakes of St. James series. The series is based on a really lame scandal, but the books are all nice reads even if they are a bit prosy. You can read each as a stand-alone if you wish to do so. I loved the last names of all of the heroines in the three books – Swift, Quick and Fast.

The big scandal is a wager made by three young friends – all dukes. They would write ‘secret admirer’ letters to all
Sarah Marie
It’s All About the Duke by Amelia Grey

Book three in The Rakes of St. James Trilogy

2 stars

The Duke of Rathburne and his friends have a dark past and find themselves the targets of the scandal sheet of Miss Honora Truth. Years ago, he and his two friends made a bet and twelve young ladies of the Season were sent letters from secret admirers. The dukes got away without much reprimand, but the ladies felt some burn. Rathburne has recently acquired a ward to watch over for the upcoming Season, Miss M

Emily S.
Oh my gosh PLEASE STOP SAYING MOIST.

Moistness aside, this book just wasn’t for me. I found it awkward and not at all enticing.
Aisha
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy from netgalley for an honest review. It's all about the Duke is the third book in the series by Amelia Grey. This book was only okay for me I felt like the book and the plot was really slow and it dragged out longer than I needed to. I feel like this but could have been wrapped up a lot faster.
Lisa
Also on Romances Ever After.

I've never read any of Amelia Grey's previous works before, and It's All About the Duke was a great introduction to her writing because this book charmed from start to finish, and it's all because of the characters.

I love both Rath and Marlena. Marlena especially is totally adorable and she has my heart. She's young and innocent, but I like that she's not a pushover, and she has no problems speaking her mind in Rath's presence. I also love her loyalty to her friends E
Cocktails and Books
I stepped away from this one because there felt like there was someone missing with Rath and Marlena. I was hoping a little time away would help. It didn't.

I didn't feel any chemistry between Rath and Marlena. Yes, they had their banter, but those conversations didn't leave me feeling like they had a romance in the making. Then there was who Marlena was and what that meant to the Rakes of St. James. I would have thought the build-up to that revelation would have been more angsty and that it woul
Vikki Vaught
My Musings
3.5 Stars

This is the third book in The Rakes of St. James series. When I received an invitation from the publisher, via Net-Galley, the book description intrigued me, so I accept to read and review. This is a light regency novel that puts the reader into the glittering world of the London ton.
I struggled with the premise for It’s All about the Duke. I have a difficult time believing her previous guardian would choose a rake as her new guardian, but I held judgment. Unfortunately, I nev
Anna
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the premise of the story- and the characters. Amelia Grey does a very nice job of character development and tying all story ends together in the end. I think this book will be an instant hit!

My only objection was the amount of narrative that the book had, which tended to bog me down, instead of draw me into the book. Even with that- once I met the characters, I connected and picked up the book every spare chance I got. Highly recommend.

I received an arc from NetGalley.
Tracy Emro
This is the final book in the Rakes of St. James series. The series is based on three friends (all Dukes) who play a stupid prank and later regret their actions. Personally, I thought the whole "prank" was lame - they each write a letter to several young ladies telling them that they have a secret admirer and ask them to meet them in secret - all the ladies get the same letter and the all go to meet their admirer - the dukes placed a wager to see who would get the most ladies to show up - so the ...more
Pelusa Rivera
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author. (Netgalley) I didn't know that this book was part of a series but I was not lost, so yes it can be read as a standalone I however will go back to read the rest of the previous books because I did enjoy this one. So we meet the Duke of Rathbone and he feels guilty from his past deeds and in a moment of inebriation agrees to become a guardian. When he gets reacquainted with his ward Marlene he was shocked to see how beautiful she grew up and is instantly attracted ...more
Annette
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fitting last book for the Rakes of St James

You can't miss this one! Rath has a lot to make up for. Marlene has a huge secret. He thinks she needs to be taught deportment and how to go on in the ton. She thinks the Rakes never got their due after the secret admirer letters.
And now he is her guardian. Fox guarding the hen house coming to mind?
eyes.2c
Regency romance gone awry

I wanted to like this. Right from the beginning I wasn't engaged and almost decided not to finish but soldiered on. The slow going continued and the story held little chemistry for me. Other novels in the same trope, of rakes being punished via a wickedly wielded pen, have held more sparkle.

A NetGalley ARC
Linda
"It's All About the Duke" , was all about the Duke of Rathburne and his new ward Ms Marlena Fast, a ward whom he took on after drinking a bit too much and allowing his guilt for not being the gentleman his father wished him to be.
"Rath" , is one of a trio of three young dukes who years ago thought it would be funny to pick four each young women to send secret admirer letters to and see who would show up to a rendezvous as a wager between the three of them, never truly believing that any of these
Dawn Wells
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute, fun, fresh written true to the historical theme. Very humorous, love the flow of the book.
Pamela
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
This was my least favorite of the "Rakes" books. I just didn't really connect to the leads. There was some cuteness to the story and Ms. Grey does a nice job of tying up all the story lines, I just felt that little "extra something" was missing.

**Thank you to the publisher and Net Galley in exchange of an honest review.**
Sharlene
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's All About the Duke is the next Regency romance in The Rakes of St. James series from Amelia Grey. Though part of the series, this novel can stand alone and the author does a good job with snippets so you are not lost if you have not read the other books.
It was a fun, enjoyable novel with like able characters. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys historical romance.set during the Regency era.
Caitlyn Lynch
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the third book in Amelia Grey’s Rakes of St. James trilogy. The Duke of Rathburne is the third and last of the notorious bachelors who, years ago, played a prank on twelve young debutantes which led to the girls being ostracised from society. Being dukes, and male, they never really had to suffer any consequences beyond guilt… and regular evisceration by the pen of Miss Honoria Truth, writer of a scandal sheet with a particular hatred for the three rakes.

The very last person Marlena Fast
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3 Stars.

I was highly anticipating this installment, after handing out a 5-star to To the Duke, with Love. While this is a continuation, and it will benefit the reader to start at the beginning of the series and read in order, there would be little to no confusion if read as a standalone.

I will admit, I struggled throughout the course of the novel with keeping my interests. I was able to read a chapter here or there until compl
Suze Lavender
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rath has said yes to a request under the influence of too much alcohol. He will now be a young lady's ward. Marlena is an orphan and her previous guardian is gravely ill, so he can't prepare her for the season. Rath is a Duke with a reputation, but even though he's a rake he wants to make this task a success. Because of a scandal he caused years ago he's still the main target of plenty of gossip. Rath wants to do something good for a change and takes his duty to find a suitable husband for Marle ...more
Heather C
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s All About the Duke is the final book in The Rakes of St. James Trilogy and tells the story of Rath, Duke of Rathburne, and Marlena Fast, his new ward. Rath, ever the rake he claims to be is immediately smitten with the “innocent” Marlena. Little does Rath know, Marlena is the secret author of Miss Honora Truth’s Scandal Sheet, the gossip rag who writes all about the scandalous deeds of Rath and his two other rakish best friends.

Here is evidence of my latest attempt to find a “new to me” aut
JoRead
So, to begin I’ll say this, I know there are people out there that will enjoy this book. I know there are people that will overlook lots of description, lengthy conversations, and characters that feel rather flat in lieu of a good story line. As for me, I don’t think I’ll read another book by this author.
My main problem with the story was that the pace was extremely slow. Four chapters in and the first scene was still going on. Four chapters of the same! The setting wasn’t too bad but I’m not a
Cathy Geha
May 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
It’s All About the Duke by Amelia Grey
Rakes of St. James #3

Three young men made a wager…
A scandalous wager – at least society said it was.
Three young dukes gained the dubious “honor” of being named…
…The Rakes of Saint James.

In the final book of the series the Duke of Rathburn “Rath” has agreed to become the guardian of Miss Marlena Fast who will be coming out in her first season with the ton. She lives with a widowed cousin, has dear friends living next door and has a secret she really doesn’t w
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• A Duke Like No Other (Playful Brides, #9)
  • One for the Rogue (Studies in Scandal, #4)
  • The Luck of the Bride (The Cavensham Heiresses #3)
  • You Never Forget Your First Earl (The Worthingtons, #5)
  • First Earl I See Tonight (Debutante Diaries, #1)
  • The Risk of Rogues (The Sinful Suitors, #5.5)
  • Kiss Me at Christmas (Playful Brides, #10)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Duke (The Cavensham Heiresses #4)
  • The Duke I Once Knew (Unlikely Duchesses, #1)
  • Rogue Most Wanted (The Cavensham Heiresses #5)
  • A Devil of a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #2)
  • Never Deceive a Viscount (Infamous Lords, #2)
  • No Other Duke But You (Playful Brides, #11)
  • How to Tempt an Earl (The Raven Club, #1)
  • The Marquis and I (The Worthingtons, #4)
  • The Warrior of Clan Kincaid (Highland Warrior, #3)
  • A Royal Kiss and Tell (A Royal Wedding, #2)
  • An Affair with a Spare (The Survivors, #3)
Amelia Grey (aka Gloria Dale Skinner) grew up in a small town in the Florida Panhandle. She has been happily married to her high school sweetheart for over twenty-five years. She has lived in Alabama, Connecticut, New Hampshire and now lives in Florida.

Amelia has won the coveted Romantic Times award for Love and Laughter, the prestigious Maggie award for best historical and Affaire de Coeur's bes

The Rakes of St. James (3 books)
  • Last Night with the Duke (The Rakes of St. James, #1)
  • To the Duke, with Love (The Rakes of St. James, #2)