Start by marking “Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too” as Want to Read:

Four-time New York Times bestselling author Gary Vaynerchuk offers new lessons and inspiration drawn from the experiences of dozens of influencers and entrepreneurs who rejected the predictable corporate path in favor of pursuing their dreams by building thriving businesses and extraordinary personal brands.

In his 2009 international bestseller Crush It, Gary insisted that

Published January 30th 2018 by HarperBusiness

To ask other readers questions about Crushing It!, please sign up.
Tomas Liutvinas I would say yes. Because there are countless references to Crush It and how it impacted various people mentioned in the stories. It seems like Crush I…moreI would say yes. Because there are countless references to Crush It and how it impacted various people mentioned in the stories. It seems like Crush It is the piece that initially gets you going and once you are looking for the ways to do things and expand your imagination and the pool of possibilities you'd go for Crushing It!(less)

Start your review of Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too
Liza Fireman
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, this book is great at parts, and really annoying at others.

Start with the annoying parts so I can move to the great ones. Gary Vaynerchuk mentions his previous book like half a million times, everybody in the book mention that book as well, and thank Gary, and God for writing this super super awesome book. It goes like this: and then read his book Crush It! and his life changed of course. Brian Wampler even said: “I probably owe my marriage to this idea. " (from the book, yes?).

So now aft
ScienceOfSuccess
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the update of Crush It - the book that changed lives of many people. If you want to be the next Internet success, this read may be helpful.

Animated Book Review

Link to the animated summary: https://youtu.be/2BOG6MGBj8U
Christopher Lawson
When the Standard is Pretty much Nothing, You Have to be Just Altruistic Enough

Readers of CRUSH IT! published in 2009 will want to know what is different about CRUSHING IT! In this new book, author Gary Vaynerchuk includes lots of stories of folks successfully using the Crush It! principles. So this book is less of a “lecture,” and more of practical suggestions from others. In contrast to his earlier book, Gary isn’t the only one talking: “I want to introduce you to other entrepreneurs who have
Amir Tesla
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This is supposed to be an updated version of the amazing book "Crush it" in which Gary lays out step by step action on monetizing your passion.
Wojtek Erbetowski
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Most of the book is about why the book is great... :/
Sachi
Mar 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
I’m glad I borrowed this and didn’t buy it. Ask Gary Vee felt far more informative and useful than Crushing It.
Crushing It was repetitive and a complete bore. I know Gary has a ghostwriter but his books feel like he’s had involvement in it, unlike this one which didn’t even feel like it had any.
The tips on how to use social media platforms well were closest to useful but not deep enough. ‘Create good content and be patient’ is pretty much all you’ll get out of it.
Save yourself the time, read As
Evan Clark
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I love Gary Vee - however this book is far from his best work.

I’d recommend you start with his earlier books - and then read this only if you’re desperately seeking more of his social media marketing inspiration.
Laurent Michiels
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Hmmm, although I don't think reading this book was a complete waste of time, it didn't contain much new insights. I think the book is way too long for the points being made and is largely storytelling. After a while, I skimmed or even skipped much of the stories of all the people successfully (surprise surprise) applying the Crush It!-principles, as outlined in Gary's earlier book. I didn't read Gary's earlier books, but I heard that those were at least much better than this book.

Main takeaways
Wayne Marinovich
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great follow up to “Crush It”. You can almost hear Gary’s break neck speed narration in your head.
Nate Riggle
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Book. Opened my eyes to stop seeing social media as a time waster for shallow connections and false views of people’s lives.

I remember when Twitter first came out being so excited about the potential for the world. Then I lost interest because I started letting social media control my life wasting time and scrolling through feeds is not where the real value is.

Gonna jump back on and start experimenting again.
Katie (katieladyreads)
Nothing new here other than if you want to be an entrepreneur you have got to be 110% all in. Insightful information for anyone unaware of social media platforms or their influence and lots of stories of people who are “crushing it.”
Margaret Lozano
Jan 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
I liked “Crush It” when I read it last year, but I honestly found this follow up incredibly boring. Listen to his podcast, or read the first book instead 😉
Stephy Simon
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Crushing It!

We have seen a tremendous surge in business, be it of any kind, in the last two decades. With this growth comes the companion-competition. When this is a boon for the economy, it's not the same for a new entrepreneur. The time that a new enterprise takes to reach the break-even point has increased to twice or three the earlier and many quits trying before that.

When it comes to growing your business, nothing would be more beneficial than one's contacts\reach. And that's where this bo
Bilal Jr.
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
if you plan to read this ..... use the audio-book version better ( it is by Gary's own voice which make it even better )

this book is about : ' Personal Branding ' which is the practice of marketing people and their careers as brands

in this digital world we live in , it's time for each one of us to stop treating social media as just a waste of time or just a platform to chat or share fun moments ..... social media now is the n°1 marketing tool .... but same time it is made for those who works h
Ilie Dobrin
For who is familiar with Gary Vee it's obvious from the beginning that he didn't personally write this book. :) Because Gary Vee does not have time. He is always in the midst of people who seek him for help. The Ghostwriter has done, however, a great job.

Considering Gary Vee's level of audience, we can imagine that the marketing of this successful book was huge. But, essentially, is just a collection of short stories collected from entrepreneurs who were lucky enough to find, read and respect a
Andrej Hribernik
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me give you my take on the book with a short summary and a quick review.

Even though this is one of his more time-consuming reading/audio materials, the experience is great, good structure, insightful, with real-life experiences.

Each chapter introduces a quick intro, a step by step system, a testimonial from his book “crush it” - real life experience, and final thoughts.

His chapters and success stories feature these platforms:
Musical.ly, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Podca
Cassandra Kay Silva
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help, business
This felt very self glorifying which was off putting to say the least. I don't like the over congratulatory tone to the author and his original book referenced in this one. Parts of it were pretty motivating from a Social media perspective and how you can make the most out of that. So I think some of his points were really good but the delivery was not palatable in my opinion.
Jasmine
this is the first marketing / personal branding book I've read. it was easy to read and I found myself reaching for it over my current romance novel whenever I had spare time to read. I don't completely see how I can apply all of these insights to where I am now, but it's given me the motivation to sit down and figure out how my social media reflects who I want to be professionally.

I appreciated Gary's focus on being authentic and showing your personality. that felt validating; just because I u
Sachin Prabhakar
Gary is a magician! The previous book in the series was the opening act and this book is the main act (for now). The book is an extension of the concepts dealt with in the previous book with the additional description of new platforms, Instagram and Snapchat and new digital services, Podcasts and Voice-first. The cherry on the top being the first-hand experience of the successful people in their respective spaces.
Entrepreneurship requires work and hustle, and this is what Gary preaches and preac
Naomi
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not read the author's first book, but I found Crushing it to be pretty common business advice found in NUMEROUS other business books that the author is packaging as his own. It wasn't a horrible book. It engaged me pretty quickly. Just I have read the same advice over and over again.
Jessica Tindall
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
It was good for motivational and inspirational support to get my business hat on. It didn't have a lot of practical tools I could implement straight away. I liked the little bits of real stories from Gary and his guests.
Arunav Rajkhowa
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
It gave me a new perspective about the power of social media and how to use the platforms to create a personal brand . It made me realize that time one social media can be used so much efficiently than mindless scrolling .
Krutika Rastogi
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it
My vlogger friend convinced me to read this book.

The book carries less 'how' and more 'why' and that's the part I like about the book.
Rarely do I come across business authors who do a good job of setting context.

But somehow this book manages to be annoying in parts. I constantly found myself in a skim-skip - pick cycle.

But it's pretty insightful nonetheless. Do follow it up with reading his blogs. They're a good supplement to the matter.
Manuel Palacios
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book follows the trail of "Crush it!" sharing some stories of success and updating ideas shared before, as Gary reinforces his main concepts. As he puts it: its a compilation of all the stuff he already says in all his platforms, nothing more, nothing less.
Nate Kigo
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The last sentence of this book touched my soul
Chris Merck
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Gary is a good motivational speaker, and I enjoyed his off the cuff reading of the audiobook.

I got a few useful tidbits about online marketing, one being that grinding through ALL DMs and as many AT-mentions as possible on ALL platforms really does pay off. You can get into the 100k follower territory before this becomes hard. Even then, Jack Dorsey claims to read all his DMs (?)

That said, I was bored by a number of the stories, and the constant referrals back to the first book turned me off. Th
Shaun
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Somewhat inspiring if simply for the personal success stories that he shares.

Deals with the concept of branding, particularly through the effective use of social media.

Probably a lot of truth in what he says, but I think more relevant in some industries than in others.
A.J. Antczak
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Per usual, Gary provides realistic, actionable advice and a ton of motivation. I simply love how he calls out everyone’s bullshit as to “why” they can’t start whatever they want to start.
Alexandra Kim
Influencers. Collaborators. Platforms. Branding and Marketing. These phrases are seemingly the new lexicon in our social-media saturated times of the day.

Not everyone makes it though. It is more common than rare to flop or float rather than to “hit it big.” Gary Vaynerchuk, a self-made man and entrepreneur who built millions from his family’s wine business, gives an approximate estimate that “1 in 20” actually make it fame and monetary-wise using social media techniques. And they make it because
Alison Jones
First off, I'm not really Gary Vee's target demographic. I'm a middle-aged British woman, and reading this book made me feel more middle-aged and more British than I have for a long time. Turns out Vaynerchuk is actually not that much younger than me, but his fist-pumping, don't-give-me-no-excuses, no-pain-no-gain, American-dream style set my teeth on edge for about three quarters of this book. I wasn't even sure I'd finish it. And then suddenly, I realised I'd warmed to him.

I still disagree th
#debtfreecommunity: July: Crushing It! 1 8 Jan 03, 2020 03:41PM

• The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • One Man's Mission
  • The Social Gene
  • Returning To Eden
  • Beware of Wolves: They Are Present Even in the Church
Gary Vaynerchuk is the ultimate businessman. Born with an entrepreneurial spirit, Gary is a proven investor and advisor in the world of startups, and now an expert on the Fortune 500 world, through is work as CEO of Vaynermedia, a social media marketing agency. Having two bestsellers under his belt doesn't hurt either.

Thirty-three years ago, Gary got his start in business by ripping flowers out of

News & Interviews

“Being unafraid of making mistakes makes everything easy for me. Not worrying about what people think frees you to do things, and doing things allows you to win or learn from your loss—which means you win either way. Hear me now: you are better off being wrong ten times and being right three than you are if you try only three times and always get it right.” 12 likes
“Always put your money back into your business.” 6 likes