Start by marking “Second Chance Girl (Happily Inc, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Girl (Happily Inc, Book 2)

Second Chance Girl

(Happily Inc #2)

A touching modern fairy tale that won't let go of your heart, from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Fool's Gold romances!

Mathias Mitchell's easy smile hides a world of hurt. After the worst kind of family betrayal, he moves to Happily Inc., California—the wedding destination town supplies a steady stream of bridesmaids, perfect for his "no promises, no
Published October 1st 2017 by Mills & Boon (first published September 26th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Girl, please sign up.
Laura This was a bit of a plot hole -- I don't recall this being addressed in the book (but I listened to the audio). They were raised as twins . . . and…moreThis was a bit of a plot hole -- I don't recall this being addressed in the book (but I listened to the audio). They were raised as twins . . . and one of the two birth dates must have been chosen to celebrate. But you're right -- if the boy with the different date ever saw his birth certificate, the jig would have been up. (less)

Start your review of Second Chance Girl (Happily Inc, Book 2)
*TANYA*
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very disappointed and I was looking forward to this book based on the ratings. It was very bland, the best of the book was Sophie. Lol
Stacee
I had liked the previous book in this series, so I was eager to get to this one...sadly I was disappointed.

My main problem is that I didn't like Carol. Don't get me wrong, she's a smart and wonderful character. I loved her devotion to the animals and Millie in particular. I straight up hated her inner monologue, especially when it came to Mathias. She was constantly thinking she was plain and boring and not special and that got old reaaaaallllly fast. Mathias had promise, but I mostly found him
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I am thoroughly enthralled with Happily, Inc. I am loving each of these stories and can’t wait for the next one to come out. Susan Mallory really knows how to write a romance, how to bring two people together who truly belong there and how to give us, not one but two, happily-ever-after’s and what a pleasant surprise that was.

Mathias intrigued me in You Say It First and he really showed himself in Second Chance Girl. We now really understand his reasons for “no promise, no pain” outlook on life.
♥Rachel♥
I really wanted to love Second Chance Girl. It has so many features that should’ve made it a hit for me: cute animals, small town, quirky characters, yet this fell short for me. The characters were very one-dimensional, making it hard for me to feel any connection to them or their stories.

Part of the story was Sophie, a cute and mischievous beagle, foisted on Mathias by his mother even though he strongly objected at first. Mathias grew to like her, but the connection seemed tepid at best. I was
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

description

Step aside Fool's Gold - here comes Happily Inc!!
This new sweet romance series is a bit of a Fool's Gold spin-off.
We already met Mathias's family in FG - he and his two artist brothers moved to Happily Inc to get away from their dad.

Mathias used to love making art with glass. Now he's halfway happy making beautiful plates and bowls. He stopped with the 'real' art a long time ago.
But he's been inspired to start again. He's been drawing picture after picture of his pretty neighbor Carol and her
Ann Lorz
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I'm just loving this new series by Mallery. I've been enjoying the Mitchell brothers and their mess of a family life. You've got to be a very brave girlfriend to join this crew.

For this second book we are dealing with Mathias Mitchell. I really liked him in the prior book and my feeling didn't change with his book. I was a little shocked but not really when Mathias confessed to us readers (in his thoughts) why he
Juliana Philippa
“I’m calling because my future sister-in-law wants me to help plan her wedding. I don’t know what she’s thinking, but I would be a disaster and I need you to help me.”

“Shouldn’t you call Violet? She’s the one with the style sense.”

“I don’t want Violet.”

He spoke without thinking and then was stuck with the truth hanging out there—flapping in the breeze. He wanted Carol, he had for a long time. Things being what they were, he wasn’t going to do anything about the wanting, but helping him with the
Cheri
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did like this one more than the first in the series. More action and storylines in this one. We get to glimpse into all the brother's lives as well as the other characters. Love the giraffes!
Mackenzie
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Song for summary: Nobody But Me by Michael Bublé

This was a nice, quick read! The characters are kind, funny, and sweet; while the plot is cute and light-hearted. I thought the author did a good job on this sequel, and I look forward to reading the following books in this series!
Christi Snow
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My Review:
I loved, loved, loved this book. OMG, such an unlikely couple, but they were so awesome together.

Matthias is the resident man-whore. He's all about hooking up with all the bridesmaids in this book. In fact, the first scene where he interacts with Carol in the book he reeks of a bridesmaid's perfume. It's definitely not the typical start to a Susan Mallery book, but dang, it's good. Because from there Matthias and Carol move into friendship that oh so slowly and sweetly evolves into
Sascha
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Second Chance Girl! Having just read and reviewed You Say It First (you can read that review here), Susan Mallery’s first offering in the Happily Inc. series I already knew a little about Carol and Mathias coming into Second Chance Girl. I was intrigued by the stoic Carol and the charming Mathias. Susan Mallery didn’t let me down in telling their story.

Mathias is a laid back charmer who typically beds bridesmaids because they’ll be leaving town with little risk of emotional investment,
Cheryl
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in this series. Thus far, this is my favorite book. While, the firsts book was a nice introduction to this series and the town of Happy Inc, California, this book just connected with me more; especially with the characters and the storyline.

Mathias was a sweetheart, even if he did kind of blow it with Carol by falling asleep on her right before the "big" moment. Oops. Carol had a big heart as well. Yet, I really wanted her to get over her self doubt thinking she was not
Jessica Alcazar
It's official, Susan Mallery has sucked me in once again with her world, Happily Inc. I never thought the woman could top her imaginative world of Fool's Gold but I think she's come darn close. AND, I think as she grows the world of Happily Inc, it will give Fool's Gold a run for its money! SO far, both stories in this series have been soooooo heartwarming and fun to read. THIS particular book had two HEA and I couldn't be more pleased with both! And if THAT doesn't suck you in .... you ...more
Susan Crowe
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books, dtbs, hoopla
This one was a bit better than #1. There's a giraffe. You can't go wrong with a giraffe.
Dianne
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys-arcs, 2019
A sweet dual romance that follows all of the rules of romance writing.

Interesting plot points, character growth (although the characters are somewhat annoying) the requisite sexual longings culminating into the ultimate climax and the inevitable HEA.
Sofia Lazaridou
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can we just get Roman's book and make me happy? I was hoping to have his relationship with the rest of the family mended by the end of this book, but as it turns out his lady is going to be the one who will show him how much they love him and that he is a blind idiot. I didn't like having a sad Mathias because of it. I hope the next book will be released soon because I like Happily Inc. and the people who live in this town. Silver has to find her happily ever after too. I don't know who is going ...more
Sandra
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second Chance Girl is a sweet, small town romance that never quite picked up for me. Despite the witty and snappy dialogue, the book fell flat, the characters mostly one-dimensional, and the promise of a town designed just for weddings never fulfilled. It wasn’t a difficult read, the story is fairly light, the pace quick, and I never felt the need to skip ahead, but I constantly found myself hoping for something more.

There were parts that I loved. Second Chance Girl is actually a two for the
Jacquie
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Susan Mallery’s writing style. She has just the right amount of attraction to make the romance believable and had me turning the pages hoping these two couples would figure out how much they belonged together.

Carol holds a special place in my heart; she thinks she’s far too plain and practical to attract the likes of Mathias Mitchell, playboy extraordinaire. Little does she realize he has issues of his own. Their love story will soften even the hardest heart!

When Millie, the giraffe,
Ritika Mendiratta
2.5 stars!
So Susan Mallery's books normally get around 3-3,5 stars from me, and I always go into these books expecting only some happy times and a great romantic story. I know they aren't going to shatter my mind and I'm okay with that.
But this didn't hold up to that standard for me.
It didn't really have the build-up of a relationship that one finds in most of her other books, it didn't have the kind of sensible problems that the others have too.
I think the idea of two sisters finding love in
Toni
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Second Chance Girl is the second in Susan Mallery’s new Happily Inc series. I <3 this book so much. It serves as a gentle reminder that we are all the special one. Though the world may try to convince us otherwise, it is our own opinion that truly matters most. Besides, this is the book in which Millie gets her herd. I am waiting for Ronan to figure out that there is more to family than blood; maybe the next book?

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this novel.
Kirsten #benfranklinday #nationalhotheadschiliday
Susan Mallery writes some really fun romance/chick lit books. The women are very real characters. The idea of the town of Happily, Inc, is hilarious. A town like this could only really exist in California.

I also loved the addition of lonely Millie the giraffe and catastrophe on four legs, Sophie the beagle. (Note to self: beagles are too much work.)

The father of the hero is an absolute dick and I hope gets his comeuppance soon. Maybe a bad review?
Debbie
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an ok book. I prefer other authors more.
Kathy
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

Set in a small town that caters to destination weddings, Second Chance Girl is an endearing addition to Susan Mallery's Happily Inc. series. In this second outing, the Lund sisters, Carol and Violet, embark on romances that have their own set of obstacles to overcome on their way to happily ever after.

Carol is a gamekeeper on the town's animal preserve and although she knows it will not go anywhere, she is crushing on her man-whore neighbor Mathias Mitchell, who favors one-night stands
Melissa Borsey
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the author. I was so sad to see the Fool's Gold series end but I must say that I am really getting into this Happily inc series! The setting is beautifully depicted. I really liked the idea of Mathias and Carol together. This series is a lot of fun! Highly recommend!
Brooke Gunderman-Harris
For my full review click here-> http://bit.ly/2fNx5hh

I cant help but love this book! Susan Mallery has done an amazing job with this novel! She has absolutely knocked this one out of the park!! I really enjoyed her last book and this one is just as great!

The continuance of the Happily, Inc storyline is something that I hope will continue! When the stories are something that you can escape to without feeling like you wont get the finality of a love story that you need when reading romance
Janeiowa
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan and buyer of Susan Mallery's books for many years. I'be enjoyed her earlier works...the Bakery Sisters, Buchanans, Blackberry Island, and Fools Gold. Her newest series...Happily, Inc. not.so.much. I started with this second book in the series and it's just not for me....the whole concept of Happily, Inc and the zoo animals just seem so over-the-top. It's bordering on silly fantasy for me. The characters of Carol and Mathias seem so one dimensional / cardboard cut-outs placed in ...more
Marlene
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

Welcome back to Happily Inc., the adorable little town saved by a massive PR stunt. While the legend of the brides and the wagon train is pretty much pure bunk, it turned this small town on the edge of the California desert into a destination wedding extravaganza. Happily Inc loves its brides, and they love it right back.

The terrific first book in the series, You Say It First, focused on one of the creators of those destination weddings, Pallas Saunders and
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Rating: 3 STARS
2017; HQN/HarperCollins Canada

The second novel features Carol, the gamekeeper, and artist Mathias Mitchell. The chemistry between the two characters wasn't as strong and felt forced and rushed a bit at times. The best parts were with the giraffes. It is fun fluffy light read, but nothing special.

***I received an eARC from EDELWEISS and NETGALLEY***

My Novelesque Blog
Kathleen
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

We get 2 for the price of one with Second Chance Girl. We met Violet and Carol Lund in the first book of this new series, and now we get both of their HEAs!

I am new to the Susan Mallery worlds, however I am already pretty addicted to the people of Happily Inc. Those Mitchell brothers really are kinda something.

This is Mathias' story, and what a story it is. It is fun, it is flirty, it is cute and adorable, but it has its fair share of darkness and

• Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • About That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)
  • Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay, #6)
  • Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Sugar Pine Trail (Haven Point, #7)
  • Holiday Wishes (Heartbreaker Bay, #4.5)
  • Lilac Lane (Chesapeake Shores, #14)
  • The Family Gathering (Sullivan's Crossing, #3)
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • The Summer That Made Us
  • Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone, #2)
  • Right Where We Belong (Silver Springs, #4)
  • The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)
  • The View from Alameda Island
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
  • The Good Luck Sister (Wildstone, #1.5)
  • The Cottages on Silver Beach (Haven Point, #8)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. ...more

Happily Inc (5 books)
  • You Say It First (Happily Inc, #1)
  • Why Not Tonight (Happily Inc, #3)
  • Not Quite Over You (Happily Inc, #4)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
“On her worst days, she feared she was actually less. And that truth had defined the rest of her life.” 1 likes