Start by marking “A Royal Mistake” as Want to Read:
A Royal Mistake

A Royal Mistake

Alex lives his life by the book. That is what is to be expected of the Prince of Wales, after all. And he enjoys order and predictability, so while the tabloids generally find him a snooze he’s perfectly content to live his life under the radar, placid and comfortable.

Serena Christensen is Hollywood’s latest It Girl, unafraid to call studios on their bullshit and used to
Kindle Edition
Published August 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Royal Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Royal Mistake

Start your review of A Royal Mistake
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
This is such a short, cute book. I read it in an hour.
It’s about a prince and a starlet getting drunk and then married.
It’s super sweet and has some fun parts too.
I liked it :)
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
Tbh this was so short there really isn’t enough to write a full review without telling the whole story. Like others have mentioned, this is super short and although the characters, Serena and Alex are interesting and had potential, they weren’t really fleshed out.

That’s because the story is told through a confusing and disjointed conversion of past, present and future time lines. For me at least, it made it hard to connect with the characters because each time line emphasizes completely
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
A Royal Mistake was such a cute short story that will leave you wanting for more. Though it was rather short, the story was well executed, but because it was short it felt that there were things missing towards the end. I still very much enjoyed the epilogue and I will most certainly be reading more from the author in the future. If you like these types of romance stories between a royal and non-royal, I would still recommend giving this story a try. ;)
L
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's rare to come across a novella-length story with characters who feel fully fleshed out with believable chemistry, but Davis manages to do both with A Royal Mistake. I fell in love with Alex's special brand of restrained snark and Serena's uninhibited, unapologetic love for life. They bring out the best in one another and I'd read an entire series with these two.
LadyTechie
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: royal
A fun modern royal romance with likable characters. I will admit it seemed to end suddenly. I turned the page and felt like it had skipped to the ending. Otherwise, good read.
wonderfullyweird88
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-romance
I received a copy of this book from the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Serena Christensen is Hollywood’s latest Wild Child. Alex is the staid, reliable Prince of Wales, future King of England. A wild night in Vegas ends as you would expect, a quickie wedding. The story involves two intermixed timelines. Present day, where Alex and Serena deal with the consequences and the night before.

I was immediately enthralled with this book. The dialogue was witty and the narrative
Melena Torretta
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, netgalley-arcs
A quick read novella about Alex, the Prince of Wales, and Hollywood actress Serena.

As it is a novella, the plot moves fairly quickly. I liked the style in which the story unfolded with looks at their evening together. It helped to better illustrate why they connected so well that they might have thought it was a good idea to marry while they were intoxicated.

I do think that had a chapter or two been added to the book, both Alex and Serena could have been fleshed out as characters more. That
Michelle
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute, short, story about a prince and a famous actress who get drunk and elope.
Definitely a fun idea for a story.

They're practically strangers when they marry and everyone expects them to get an annulment. But they know there's a reason they got married in the first place and they start to wonder whether annulling their marriage might be a mistake.

I got to read an early e book edition from NetGalley.
Becky Wise
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute little quickie. I liked this one. Well written but just wish it was a bit longer. I love the concept of the drunken insta love you get with an actress and prince. Alex and Serena have a lot of chemistry. As a first read of Elizabeth Davis I would go back for more. A Royal Mistake is a quick yet fun read.
Joyce Black
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This short story proved to be a light-hearted romp of romance with a royal. The story was interesting and flowed well. All characters were done well and seemed realistic. The start of this romance is quite unique; then again so is romancing a prince. Lovely read!

I received a free copy of this short story and I am leaving an honest review.
Pam
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
Cute, quick read. A little confusing at first with the diverging timelines. I really would have preferred that this was a longer book. I really like the writer's style and the characters. I wanted more!
Amber Ballard
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Gaia Grazi
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books, 2017-books
This was such a lovely little gem of a story!
Serena is such a badass actress, and Alex is the perfect prince and their "reversed" love story is just the sweetest.
Also, I loooooved the way the flashbacks were structured!
Pratibha Pandey
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Of this had 50 more pages ,written same way , I would have given this 5 stars. This was such a pleasure read that the length was a joy killer. I want more of Alex !!
Pepca
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
3.5 stars. A very well written short novella with the sort of dual timeline that is very hard to pull off but Elizabeth Davis manages to do it brilliantly.

Alex and Serena are cute and funny and despite the shortness you can feel the chemistry between them. I did, however, feel.that the characters could be a little more fleshed out and the ending a little less quick, but those shortcomings are a result of to the shortness.

Most of all, though, I wish this were a full-length novel, because I am
Kristin Davison
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank netgalley and Elizabeth Davis for a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

This is super cute! A really quick read but worth it.
Cátia
Nov 14, 2017
Liz
Sep 01, 2017
Miriam
Jul 18, 2019
Erin Kelly
rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2017
Jan 12, 2019
Chloe
Aug 25, 2019
Izzie d
This premise has been done many times and it's okay I just felt it's been done better.
Dani
Mar 10, 2018

• Unfollow Me
  • Bad Princess
  • Wally Roux, Quantum Mechanic
  • Say No to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #4)
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • The Bad Mother's Pregnancy
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • A Duke a Dozen (The Survivors, #6)
  • Hard as Stone
  • An Affair with a Notorious Heiress (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #4)
  • Prime Minister (Frisky Beavers, #1)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • The Adventures of Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent (Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent, #1)
  • Heads Will Roll
  • Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2)
  • Something Different: Silverton Series 0.5
  • Three Girls and a Baby (Three Girls, #1)