Start by marking “Eloy's Discovery (The Eloy Trilogy Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Eloy's Discovery (The Eloy Trilogy Book 1)

Eloy's Discovery (The Eloy Trilogy Book 1)

To break the chains of his past, one boy must embrace his destiny…

Eloy never thought he’d leave his family’s ancestral home in the savanna. After a mysterious messenger comes bearing a prophecy and a powerful stone, the young man reconsiders his future. But when merciless raiders decimate his village, Eloy realizes that staying put is no longer an option…

As soon as he emba
Published August 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Eloy's Discovery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eloy's Discovery

Start your review of Eloy's Discovery (The Eloy Trilogy Book 1)
Deana
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To any fan of fantasy, the one thing I can say is read this book. I love the fact that the elements of fantasy are not obvious, that it seems almost natural as the journey. Eloy begins as a child in a set system that is all he has ever known. His ambitions are simple, and when circumstances beyond his control change that mentality, the possibilities for Eloy are endless, as Kara Timmins makes very clear. And it is a literal adventure to see this character grow.

The way the work expresses emotions
Ariana
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I got this book from voracious readers in exchange for an honest review.

I really wish that Goodreads allowed half stars, because this book is somewhere between a 2 and a 3.

The plot is solid, and Eloy is a likable character...if only he wasn't so two dimensional. All of the characters are very two dimensional. They are either good or they are bad.

The dialogue is stilted and doesn't flow. Where a sentence would suffice, the characters speak whole paragraphs. Almost as though the author didn't kn
Autumn Leaf
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fantasy fiction lovers.
This is one of the best books I have read in 2017.

Over the time, so many from my book group have recommended different fantasy books to me and they rarely lived up to the hype. Some lacked in presenting a strong story, some failed to weave magic in their narration and some were so weak to be a novel.

When I saw this book on VRO, the cover picture captured my interest. Even after seeing all five stars rating on Goodreads I was not 100% sold, yet I asked for a copy of Eloy's discovery from t
Charlotte Harper
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kerry Henderson
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eloy thinks his life is going to follow the same path as his father's but his destiny lies elsewhere. A voice speaking through another tells him he's headed on a different path. A mysterious stone and instructions to leave as soon as possible set him on his way. His adventures lead to losing those he loved but finding new friends along the way.
This is the first in the series and it's so good. I love Eloy, his character develops so much as the story goes along. He starts as a young lad unsure of
Erin Gossman
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’m not really good at reviews, but I will give it a try. I really enjoyed this book, at times I thought it was a touch long, like it could have been broken into two or something, but clearly it wasn’t that bad because I finished it and want more. I really enjoyed the relationship between Eloy and Francena. I loved how everything came full circle and how everything was connected without seeming to be obviously connected, at least it wasn’t to me. I look forward to the release of Kara’s second El ...more
Sam
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a journey! When young Eloy and his family are forced to leave their village no one can imagine the horrors that he has yet to face.
What an adventure, page after page of excitement, demonstrating the strength of true friendship and love. My only sadness was as it became all too clear that Eloy’s journey was not to end in this book. I can’t wait to read on and find out what Eloy’s next ‘challenge’ will be.
Riss
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I found it so difficult to find a good stopping point because I just needed to know what was going to happen next at every moment. Eloy's constantly changing circumstances brought a roller-coater of emotions anywhere from horror to utterly heart warming. I found myself enraptured by Eloy's very own odyssey and I cannot wait to find out where his journey takes him next!
Rachel
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Loved it! The whole story had a pleasant flow to how it was written, making this an excellent read. It was great to see how much Eloy grew throughout the book, and the camaraderie that he shares with Corwin was such a nice addition. I'm glad there are more books in this series; I want to know what happens next in Eloy's adventures!
Devie Ramos
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like the phase of the story and really like the characters. The places are so vivid that I can imagine myself in it. Their adventures are exciting that's why it's a page turner for me. I really like that there is a bit of romance in it.
I'm looking forward for more adventures and fascinating places from book 2 and 3. 👍👍
Sonia Sandhu
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely enjoyed this book. The author did an amazing job with describing the characters and developing the scenes in the book. I could almost envision the story as a movie in my head. Very descriptive and detailed. I am excited to see what is next for eloys adventure. A must read highly recommended!!!
Kelli
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Couldn't put I down... please please please can you publish the next one soon? I can't wait to return to Eloy's world and find out what happens next. Touching and engaging. Great characters and relationships, not to mention twists and turns.
Shawna Mitchell
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful ebook! I am so glad i discovered it. I really liked the rawness of the emotion. It was very well written and the sequence of events felt more real. I cannot wait until the next installment so we can continue the adventure!
Maggie
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
A great read. The book comes alive and takes you there! Good to know there are follow up books. I am excited to get further into the lives of the characters. Great book.
Catia
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book, which I would recommend to anyone looking for a brilliant read. Great story, plot and characters. Loved it and I cannot wait for the next book!
Fern Adams
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

This book had a lot of potential and all the right ingredients for a gripping tale. The plot had been thought out well and was easy to follow. Unfortunately I did feel a bit like I was reading a draft edition of the book not the final thing. There was a lot of word repetition in paragraphs that started to grate. The characters could do with a bit more development and I really struggled with any of the characters voi
Evita
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are interesting and the descriptions are vivid. I know I will continue reading this story when the next book is released. I can't wait to find out what happens!
Ben Oliver
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new writer to me, (discovered through Voracious Readers) and I really enjoyed reading a different voice than I'm used to.

Eloy's Discovery follows Eloy, a youth living in a small community whose world is turned upside down, and his journey through these events.

Kara Timmins world has echoes of Jean M Auel's Clan of the Cave Bear series, but with her own unique style and protagonists.
Atheinne
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an e-copy of this book from VoraciousReadersOnly.

I literally have no idea where to start off because of how amazing this book is. I was meant to finish it in 20117 but because I'm a slow reader, I found that impossible. Nevertheless, it didn't stop me from reading Eloy's Discovery.

Eloy's Discovery, by Kara Timmins, is the first book of The Eloy Trilogy and is written in third person.

The story revolves around fourteen-year-old Eloy, who lives with his sister, Francena, and their parent
Jen Anderson
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to be given an advance copy to review. Kara Timmins has woven a delightful story full of beautifully crafted characters who, despite overwhelming odds, never gave up and never lost their humanity. A tale of love, family, loss and hope that was written in a thoughtful, cohesive manner which carried well from beginning to end (and well edited too). I was caught from the first page and was a little sad when I reached the end but I am really looking forward to further work from this ...more
Jess Scott
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Did not want to put it down! Absolutely loved this adventure story line. I am so looking forward to reading more!
*received free copy from author via Voracious Readers Only*
Tiffany Cl
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Title: Eloy’s Discovery
Author: Kara Timmins
Publication Date: August 15, 2017
Publisher: Self
Pages: 287

The book I am reviewing today is Eloy’s Discovery written by Kara Timmins. The genre of this book is fantasy fiction. This is Kara Timmins first book and the first book of this series. This book all in all left wanted to read the next book but I will have to wait until she finishes writing it.
The two-main character of this book is of course Eloy and Corwin. The adventure starts with Eloy receiv
Becky Kieser
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I loved Eloy, and especially Eloy and Corwin. Their relationship was one of my favorite parts of this book.
This book felt very real to me, and I loved the parallels between the stories of Aerelion and the adventures of Eloy, and love the idea of Corwin telling stories of Eloy in the same way. I really can't wait to get to the second book.

My only criticism is that the plot was very weak. There is always that underline feeling of the plot beneath the current adventure. But it n
Alex
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Synopsis
To break the chains of his past, one boy must embrace his destiny…
As soon as he embarks on his first adventure, Eloy is enslaved and his sister is sold off to parts unknown. He vows to escape his c
Makayla Rhode
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
It starts off pretty slow, giving a lot of details that never come into play later in the book. Like two chapters in, things start picking up. I liked the story line, and the characters are likable. Though, the ending was seen from almost the start of the book. Personally , my favorite character had to be Corwin. He was a great supporting character for Eloy. I didn't like that when years went by, their ages weren't updated. I had to keep counting from their base ages to figure out their new ages ...more
Christine Jordan
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Caitlin Jordan
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was a gripping book that left me wanting to know more. It's obviously the first in a series but the book came to a good conclusion while leaving you wanting more. I enjoyed the way the world was built and found it drew me in and I wanted to hear more.
Maria Langella  Langella-Sorgie
Absolutely loved this start to a wonderful new series. The characters and adventure is thrilling from start to finish. I was lucky to receive a complimentary copy from the author through Voracious Readers Only.
Jays Nogueras
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read! The book comes alive thru vivid narrative. Can't wait for the next book!
Lyndsey Gollogly
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading this it flowed really well and I was really intrigued by the world Kara Timmins has created! Looking forward to the next book!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Whom the Gods Love (God & Mortals, #1)
  • Tardy Bells and Witches' Spells (Womby's School for Wayward Witches #1)
  • The 13 (Mission's End #1)
  • Aerisia: Land Beyond The Sunset (The Sunset Lands Beyond, #1)
  • Rucaern Orb (Gray Sphere #1)
  • Magic and Murder Among the Dwarves (Crying Woman Road #1)
  • Journey To Osm
  • Clio at War (Clio, #1)
  • The Kingdom Within (The Kingdom Within, #1)
  • Ghost Walk (Lacey Fitzpatrick and Sam Firecloud #1)
  • The Redemption of Erâth: Consolation (The Redemption of Erâth #1)
  • Excalibur Rising: An Arthurian Saga, Book One (Excalibur, #1)
  • The Legacy of King Jasteroth Vol.1
  • 22 Scars
  • Finding Miss Write (The Misadventures of Miss Write, #1)
  • Kingdom Cold (Kingdom Cold #1)
  • Wormwood (Wormwood #1)
  • Forever Breathless (A Killer Among Us Thriller, Book 4)